• Published 10th Nov 2015
  • 833 Views, 38 Comments

legion - The oracle



When the changlings hive is attacked and they are captured, one drone must set things right. His name is legion.

  • ...
7
 38
 833

Midnight meeting

As he sat down, he spoke in a cautious tone. " So, who are you?" Nightmare replied in an annoyed one., " Really, you don't know who I am. I blame Celestia for that one. You can call me Nightmare moon, formerly known as Luna, ex-sister of Celestia.

Legion tensed up, and said " Your related to Celestia?!" Nightmare saw this and said " Trust me, I have a hard time believing it too. What kind of family member forgets her sister, and leaves her alone in her shadow for a 1000 years!" As she finished her little rant, she slammed her hoof down, breaking the table. She suddenly looked down and sighed. " Sorry, guess I let my anger get the better of me for a second." She waved her hoof, and a new, non broken one appeared.

"let's try this again. Hello, I am nightmare moon. I would like to talk to you." Legion calmly said " What would a god like being such as yourself want with me?" " Don't worry, I didn't choose you in particular. I just chose a inhabitant at random, and my spell just happen to choose you. As for why, I'm bored up here, so I was hoping to do three things with my entertainment."

The scenery changed to a rocky plain. " One, that someone would do something fun. There is nothing to do up here, and regrettably, not a stallion in sight. You think that Celestia would send a male up here to help with my heat, but NO, it seems I'm not good enough for stallions."

The background changed once more to a picture of a changling slave with Celestia standing over him. " Two, I do not share Tia's opionion when it comes to slavery. She seems to think that just because they are not ponies, and they look like insects, that it alright to enslave changlings, or let them be sold like objects. It is disgusting." The background focused on Celestia. " Three, I am willing to do anything to spite my sister right now."

As the scenery changed back to pure white, legion asked " So what do you want me to do?" Nightmare's eye twitched and said in a impatient tone " Do what you are named for. Change things."

As the walls around slowly began to turn to black, nightmare pulled up an image of a clock. " It looks like our time is coming to an end." She turned her head back to legion and said " Don't worry, you won't be doing this alone. I pulled some strings, and called in some favors. You will some allies in the next day or two arriving. Four to be exact, and if you don't start something, I will be very disappointed. Well anyway, tata!" With a wave of her hoof she was gone.

As legion woke up, he saw a black figure hovering right above him, it's hoof right in front of his face.As it gave an annoyed snort, and poked his muzzle, Legion bit the strangers hoof, and rolled off the bed.As the stranger made a pained grunt, light up his horn and saw it was another changling. Just as he was about to question it, the changling got in his face and angrily whispered" Are you trying to get me caught you bucking idiot?" Legion replied " Well, how would you react if you found a shadow in front of you when you had just woken up, and was poking you?"

The other changling thought about this for a second, and said with a shrug, " Ok, I see your point. By the way call me 712." Legion sighed and replied " Hello 712, call me Legion." 712 then adopted a look of confusion. " Why do you have a name? Your not a royal guard, and your definitely not a noble." Legion gave a shrug and replied " I don't know, why do you choose to have a number?" 712 said in a tired manner" As much as I would love to debate this topic, I have a message from 645." When legion looked confused, 712 facehoofed and said " Oh, that's right, you called him beetle. Well anyway, he wanted me to tell you something."

He looked around in a conspiring way and motioned for legion to get closer. 712 dropped to the floor, and said in a hushed whisper" It seems that the master bought a new drone from a whore house. While this by itself wouldn't be note worthy, it seems this one has been causing some trouble. She won't react to her number when called, she is aggressive to her customers, and tried to start a rebellion. She got the nickname iron jaws for biting a guards hoof, and not letting go, even thought they beat her several times. Eventually, she just tore the hoof off." Legion chuckled and replied " It sounds like it would like this drone. What is her number?" " 645 didn't find out, but it seems like she only responds to one name, and if the guards tried to call her anything else, she would just ignore them."

Legion replied" Now you have my interest. Who is this drone?" 712 said in a respectful voice" She calls herself Mangle."