• Published 7th Sep 2016
  • 1,406 Views, 20 Comments

Flight - TheUnknownPerson



A year after the Pie Family was attacked by Pinkie Pie, Marble Pie realizes the real reason why her family was attacked. After hearing this, she runs away from the Pie Rock Farm, afraid to stay in the same house with them. Where will she go?

  • ...
0
 20
 1,406

IV: Rest

The twins snored, laying on Pinkie's pillow. Marble sighed quietly, relieved that the hyperactive pair were finally asleep. Pinkie giggled, using her right fore-hoof to muffle the sound.

"You get used to them after a while. They tire themselves out eventually. Might even come to love them." Pinkie glanced back at them, with a loving glance, before returning back to Marble. "It won't be too long until Mr. and Mrs. Cake's off. It's almost closing time." She whispered.

Marble nodded, standing up. She bit the side of her mouth, her right shoulder burning.

I can't stand it anymore!

Marble held her right shoulder, leaning against the bed. Pinkie stood, concerned. She swiftly trotted up to her, gently helping her to her hooves.

"Are you all right?"

"My shoulder--" Marble chewed the side of her mouth, keeping herself from making any noise.

"It's all right. I know it hurts, just hold out a little bit longer and we'll be at Rarity's soon." She said, slowly helping Marble sit down. "Do-- do you need anything?"

Marble shook her head, suppressing a groan. Just a little longer. Hold out a little longer-- horseapples, it hurts.

The door gently opened. Mr. and Mrs. Cake stepped in, their coats stained with cake batter and flour. They took careful steps, making sure not to wake up the twins. Mr. Cake lifted Pumpkin gently off the pillow, as Mrs. Cake did the same with Pound.

"Thank you." She whispered as they exited. Pinkie sighed.

"We can go now. The shop's closed." Pinkie stood, helping Marble to her hooves. They trotted out of the room, turning and trotting towards the stairs. Pinkie held Marble as she helped her down the winding staircase and out into the front of the shop?

"Pinkie?"

Twilight Sparkle was sat at a table beside the entrance, a cup of tea sat in front of her with her right fore-hoof on a book. Marble wiped her mane to her right side, covering her red face. "Everything all right?"

"Hey, Twi'." Pinkie turned to Marble. "Go ahead and step outside. I'll be outside in a minute."

Marble nodded, stepping past Twilight and outside of the shop, standing beside the door. Pinkie trotted to Twilight's table, sitting across from her.

"Is everything good at your family farm, Pinkie? Isn't that your sister?"

"Yes... and no." Pinkie glanced to Marble, making sure she wasn't looking at them. She cupped her right-forehoof beside her mouth. "She knows what happened."

"What-- oh. Wait, how does she know?"

"Mom dropped a picture of me before my wings were removed and Marble managed to see it. At least, I think that's what happened. She won't tell me what she saw, but I don't think she knows the details, thank goodness."

"Horseapples... just when things started to feel normal again." Twilight sighed. "Why's her hoof in a sling? Something else happen."

Pinkie sighed, dreading the subject.

"Once dad knew she'd seen it, he grabbed her by her right fore-hoof and dragged her out the house and towards the barn-- I don't have to tell you what would've happened if she didn't break away. She had to physically pull her hoof out of place to get away, and even then, dad or Maud will probably be here soon to look for her." Pinkie said. "Worst nightmare come to life. Only thing worse than finding out what happened to me and Pinkamena was seeing it almost happen to Marble."

"Thank Celestia she got away. Where is Pinkamena, by the way? How much does she know about this?"

"I told her everything. She went in to check and make sure Limestone was okay--" "You sent her there?!" Twilight whisper-yelled.

"I trust her enough now to know she won't hurt anypony unless she has to. She'll be back by this afternoon."

"Pinkie, I get that you two have been through a lot over the past year, but I'm not sure she's ready yet to be seeing your mom and dad."

"She's made a lot of progress. You'd be surprised how well she takes things now."

"Still, those are the ponies that took her wings-- traumatized her to the point where the only way she could cope with it was to hurt every and anypony who stood in her path."

"It's just going to be a one-time thing. I just couldn't go check for myself and she offered."

"Fine. Just please, be more careful next time. I'd hate to see her get hurt again, honestly."

"That makes two of us," Pinkie said. She slid back, standing. "I've got to go. Taking Marble to Rarity's to see if she can help with the pain anyways."

"All right. I'll let Princess Celestia and Princess Luna know the current situation." Twilight turned back to her book. "Keep me updated."

Pinkie stepped pass the table, pushing the door open.

"Thank you. Will do." She stepped outside. Marble was surrounded by Scootaloo, Apple Bloom, and Sweetie Belle-- the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Scootaloo's scooter was behind them, with her helmet and pads hanging on the handlebar.

"What's that thing around your hoof?"

"Does it hurt? It looks like it does."

"Are y'all good? Haven't been to y'all's part'a Equestria in awhile."

Marble simply replied with a timid grin. Pinkie stepped to her side.

"Sorry, but we've got to go." Pinkie motioned for her sister to step ahead. They followed behind.

"We haven't seen you here before." Scootaloo followed closely on her scooter, curious. Sweetie and Apple Bloom trotted behind her.

"Mmhm." She mumbled with a timid smile.

"Where're you going, Pinkie?"

"To Rarity's shop."

"Why?" Sweetie replied. Pinkie glanced back to her.

"Long story. Rarity will tell you when you get back home. I'd love to have more fun with you three, but I really need to get my sis there. I'll have three cupcakes with your names on it tomorrow morning."

"Okay!" The trio said in unison, diverging into the town square. Rarity's shop was only a few feet away.

"Wh-who were the other two?"

"Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle. Sweetie's Rarity's little sister, and Scoots'... she's sorta Rainbow Dash's sister."

Marble nodded in acknowledgment as they turned towards Rarity's shop. Pinkie stepped forwards, knocking on the door three times.

"Rarity's nice. She's super generous and friendly. You'll like her."

The door opened, with Rarity standing on the other side.

"Ah, hello Pinkie." Rarity nodded with a smile. "I assume this is Marble Pie?"

Marble nodded, taking a step back behind her older sister, as a blush spread from her cheeks and ears.

"Don't worry darling. Soon enough you'll be feeling as great as new."

"Oh-- seems I've misplaced my manners- come in, please. Make yourselves comfortable." Rarity stepped to the side, allowing Pinkie and Marble to step through. Marble paused, allowing Pinkie to take the lead. She followed closely behind Pinkie into the living room, taking a seat at the corner. Rarity went into the kitchen for a moment, before returning, her horn glowing with her light blue aura. Three filled teacups and a half-full teapot floated at her side, enveloped by her magical aura. She sat them in the middle of the coffee table in the middle of the room.

"Where are you hurting at, darling? Any place in particular?"

Marble pointed to her shoulder. Rarity nodded she stood, trotting over to her.

"I've heard all that you've experienced. I couldn't even imagine that happening to myself or my Sweetie Belle. It must not be easy."

She nodded, although in acknowledgment.

"Would you mind if I touched your hoof? I won't squeeze or prod it if it's causing you any pain, and I promise I'll try to relieve some of the pain you're in."

Marble hesitantly nodded. Rarity gently unhooked the strap, resting it gently on to her couch. Marble's hoof throbbed with every movement. She rested her right fore-hoof onto her shoulder. She flinched but relaxed after Rarity's gentle touch.

"Hm... oh. Ah. I see." Rarity stood. "Excuse me for a moment, if you will." She trotted into a kitchen. After a few minutes, she returned with a small bucket of water, with a couple of wet rags.

"Something warm to relax the muscles will help." Rarity sat beside Marble. She ringed out the towel in the bucket before placing it around her shoulder. Marble winced at the contact, however, she relaxed once the pain was dulled. Marble let out a quiet sigh.

"Better?"

"Mmhm."

"Good. I'll just place this one around your hoof..." Rarity's horn glowed with her magical aura. The rag tied around her lower right-forehoof gently. "Humorous story how I learned how to do this, actually. Someponies from our local spa offered to teach me. Would you like to hear it?" Rarity asked, looking to Marble. Marble nodded.

"Excellent."

=================

Always wanted to see them perform. Pinkamena watched on as the Wonderbolts finished their stunt, floating down to the clouds below them and taking a bow. Spitfire seems cool, but I could never live up to their expectations. She stood, trotting off the cloud above them and floating down.

I still can't believe nopony knows me up here. Pinkamena smiled, passing by other Cloudsdale residents. Almost feels like a new start. Nopony recognizes me, I can just tell them a fake name if I want to be friends with them, and I haven't hurt a single pony since Pinkie's been helping me. She turned, trotting towards a small house. Pinkamena entered her home. There was a cloud bookshelf, filled to the brim with Daring Do and other adventure books, behind a cloud couch. There was a lone picture of Pinkamena, Marble, and Limestone hanging on the wall to the left, glancing over it as she entered. There was a fully-stocked kitchen to her right, with a refrigerator, an oven, and cabinets full of food. Her bedroom was to the left.

Well, it did until he had to bring everything back up... She sighed.

I swear, if they so much as lay another hoof on Marble or Limestone, I'll- Pinkamena growled, before taking a deep breath. She sighed, steadying her anger. Not worth the anger... not worth it...

Pinkamena relaxed. She stood, trotting over to the bookshelf. "Good thing Twi' let me have all these books once she was finished with them." Pinkamena picked out a Daring Do book and trotted back over to the couch.

=================

"Thank you."

Marble stood, her hoof and shoulder free of any pain. Rarity stood, showing them out.

"It's been a pleasure meeting you, darling." She trotted beside Pinkie and Marble, opening the door for them. "Come back anytime you're in pain and I'll take care of it."

Marble nodded with a smile.

"Thanks, Rarity. I'll see you tomorrow." Pinkie stepped outside into the fleeing sunlight. Rarity nodded.

"Ta-ta, darlings! Come back anytime!" Rarity said, stepping out the door and waving to Marble and Pinkie as they left. Marble grinned, lightly waving to her right fore-hoof.

"She was nice."

"Didn't disappoint you, did I?"

"Mmnmm"

They trotted down the street. "Let's go through the town square. It'll be nice for you to see the town if you're going to be here for a while." Pinkie turned to the left, into the town square.

"Let's see... ah, the Farmer's Market is down there, and Applejack's farm isn't far from it," She pointed to a large group of stands and building to the left. "The mayor's office is that way," Pinkie pointed to the right, towards a large, pale building. "And finally, the Sugarcube Corner is that--"

She abruptly stopped. Marble glanced up to her. "Where?"

"Er... Marble, wait here for a few minutes. Try to blend in with the crowds."

"What? Wh-why?"

"There's somepony I need to meet with. I'll only be a few minutes. Just wait outside the Farmer's Market and I'll come get you, okay?" Pinkie looked to her younger sister. Marble nodded, trotting to the left, towards the market.

What's wrong? Is she meeting somepony important?

Pinkie diverged out of town square, trotting up to the shop. I knew it wouldn't be long before they came for her, but I thought I'd have more time.

Maud Pie was standing outside her shop, staring inside.

=================