• Published 1st Jun 2012
  • 1,205 Views, 39 Comments

Lighting Can Strike Twice - Lightning_Colt



Lighting is just an ordinary pegasus from Hoofington At least that's what he thinks he is

  • ...
5
 39
 1,205

Chapter 13: The Hangover

My head span as I opened my eyes, light blaring straight into my eyes. I winced slowly tried to raise a hoof to block the bright rays. But something was on top of me weighing my arms down. I squinted to try and see what was on me and saw a flash of colour. My eyes widened, I winced as gallons of sunlight crashed into my eyes, and squinted and I saw a sleeping Rainbow Dash, sprawled out on top of me, lightly snoring. It was actually pretty adorable.

“Hey Rainbow” I whispered, feeling a tiny bit guilty waking her abruptly from her slumber. She didn’t stir from her sleep. I decided to up the ante. I leaned my head towards her left ear and took in a long breath.

“HELLOOOOOO RAINBOW DASH!!” I yelled in her ear. Her eyes bulged open as she wriggled about in surprise.
“Wuhbuhblehuh” she babbled as she searched for the source of the noise. She looked down and her face instantly changed from dazed confusion to terrified anxiety. She sprang onto her feet, shouting out, quite loudly, "What the- Lightning! What they hey do you think you're doing?" She demanded, giving me a piercing look. I spluttered and stumbled trying to remember what happened at the party last night.

"Uh, er, I didn't do anything! Well I don't remember-"

"Well you'd better start remembering" She interrupted, with a terrifying glare in her eyes.

A door to our left burst open suddenly, revealing Spike staring at us with a slightly mischievous grin.
"Hey you two, erm Twilight wants to see you in the main library" he smiled as he disappeared back into the main library. Rainbow and I looked at each other in confusion, she gave me a disapproving look and flew through the open door. I rolled over onto my front and slowly got up, as I did the room started to spin uncontrollably. I spread my legs to stable myself as I slowly wobbled towards the door.

The main library was warm and slightly dusty, the remains of last night's party had already been cleaned up, apart from the odd streamer or balloon dotted around the shelves. In the middle of the room in front of a small table stood Twilight, who's usually neat and tidy bangs were in complete disarray. Fluttershy who had angry eyebrows scrawled in ink above her eyes. Rainbow was trying to wrestle a barrier of Duct tape around Pinkie's muzzle. Spike was attempting to untie Applejack who lay hog-tied on the floor with an apple in her mouth and Rarity was sat next to her holding a bag of peas to her left eye. "Oh hey guys" I smiled looking around the ponies which quickly disappeared as they gave me angry looks. "What the hay happened?" I asked Twilight as I sat opposite her. Her horn glowed as a brush appeared in front of her and it started brushing her hair and mane.

"Well, first off when we got back to the party you started to drink loads of cider and as you did, your behaviour slowly got worse and worse. You kept patting my head saying "No! Mom! Don't die! Don't worry! I'll save you!". After a couple more Ciders you drew those angry eyebrows on Fluttershy". When her name was mentioned Fluttershy buried her face in her hair. "After several more you grabbed some duct tape and wrapped it around Pinkie Pie's mouth screaming "SILENCE CHATTY PINK BEAST!". I chuckled after hearing that, that probably would have been hilarious to watch.
"After a couple more ciders you challenged Applejack to a lasso duel, and when you lost, you decided to just physically tie her up, we still can't untie the ropes. Then finally after I think it was around ten ciders total you tied your bandage around your splint planks and made nun-chucks. After which you proceeded to swing them around and then hit Rarity in the eye". Rarity's glare reached a new level of piercing as Twilight mentioned what I did to her. "And then afterwards you danced yourself sick, When you threw up Rainbow escorted you to where you are sleeping and that's the last we saw of you until now" I stood there in horror from sheer embarrassment, trying to take in my drunken behaviour.

"I am so sorry, to all of you. Last night was the first time I had cider, but also it was the first time in month's where I've been truly happy." I look at their faces as they became even more angry. Inside my head I slapped myself in the face, 'brilliant now they think I enjoy their misery'.
"No! I mean before the cider, you guys have made my life so much better. And now I think I need to go walk off this hangover and extreme guilt." I said as I made my way towards the door. "And jump off a bridge" I mumbled as I stepped out of the door.

The air outside the library was cold and damp, a thick, eerie fog was wrapped around the houses. I made my way through the fog, wondering how it came around so quickly. I looked around but I couldn't recognise where I had just been. I turned back around and started walking again but stopped as the fog started swirling in front of me. A creepy, crackly voice echoed through the fog.

"Lightning… " The voice whispered. "They hate you Lightning… You've hurt them in a way no-pony ever has… They'll never let you back after this…" The voice faded away through the fog as the swirling fog became stronger as something erupted from it and plonked itself down in front of me, it was tall, and had horns but retreated back into the fog almost immediately. "Lightning!" shouted a familiar voice to my left. I looked as saw Rainbow Dash speeding towards me. "Rainbow, how did you find me in this fog" I asked

"What fog?" She asked back.

"This fo…" I stopped speaking as I turned away from her and motioned to bright sunny blue skies.
Rainbow failed at holding back a chuckle. "I think your eyes need testing" she said as she poked my forehead. "Anyway" she said, Twilight wants to talk to you" She finished as she started to fly slowly towards the door of the library which was only about 50 feet away. I started to follow Rainbow Dash as the creepy fog voice laughed sinisterly. I stopped and looked around to see the source of the voice. There wasn't a single pony or in fact any creature at all around Ponyville. "Hey Lightning, you okay?" Rainbow asked.

"Yeah" I answered, "I thought I heard something."

"Wow Light, that must be some hangover." Rainbow teased.

Before I knew it my entire body was in shock, I couldn't move, but a tear started rolling down my cheek. Rainbow landed next to me and put a hoof around me, her warmth was comforting and eased the shock in my body. "Hey, Lightning I was only joking" She smiled. I looked at her with a heavy feeling in my heart.

"My mom was the last pony to call me Light" I whimpered.

Rainbow's smile immediately disappeared and she enveloped me in a full hug.
"Lightning, I am so sorry" she said as the hug broke. "Anyway, Twilight wants to see you". She finished. I nodded and followed her back to the library.

As we were walking back, Ponyville was bustling with ponies as they perused the market stalls and shop fronts. It was a bit weird how five minutes ago it was deserted and foggy and now it's as though the fog was never there. The library came closer and closer until I was outside the door. I paused for a minute and entered.
In the library there was a cushion on the floor with seven more cushions in an arc in front of it. Twilight and the others were dotted around the library reading books or just sitting relieved of the torment that I provided. I walked over and sat on the lone cushion.

Twilight looked up and saw me and smiled. "Hey Lightning, we all need to talk." She said, motioning to the others. They all made their way to a cushion, well most did, Pinkie cart wheeled over to hers. Twilight took the central cushion with Spike on the cushion to her right. "We really want to help you…" Twilight started.
"Ah don't" Interrupted Applejack.

"Anyway, we can't help you if you if all of us don't know everything, it's about time you tell everyone why you're really here." Twilight reiterated.

Pinkie's eyes opened wide "oooohh, Why are you here? Are you a secret super spy? Or a superhero? Or maybe a secret superhero spy?" she rambled "Or maybe he's a hmm hhmmm hmm hmm…" Rainbow had put a hoof over pinkie's mouth to stop her talking.

"He's not any of those things.

"hhmm hmm hm hmmh hhm hhm hhmmm?"

"Especially that" Rainbow answered.
The six ponies and dragon looked at me, awaiting the reason that I'm here.

"All right then" I sighed, and began my story.