• Published 20th Jun 2012
  • 3,365 Views, 42 Comments

Forgotten Soldier; Wrong War - rocketlvr



A marine attempts to clear an Iraqi house but is sucked in to a portal bringing him to Equestria.

  • ...
15
 42
 3,365

Redemption

*TAK TAK TAK TAK!*

The burst of 7.62 rounds tore through the morning air puffing harmlessly into the mountain side. Victor turned around and laughed at the expressions of the terrified ponies. He stopped his guffawing for a moment noticing something amiss...

"Hey where's Fluttershy?"

None of the ponies responded, all too stunned by the weapon to speak. The marine looked around to see the small terrified mare cowering beneath a table laden with his weapons. He hefted up the m240 bravo he had been demonstrating and set it down on the table she was beneath. Careful to ensure the weapon was safe he extracted the belt and racked the slide causing a soft metallic ping to happen as the unspent cartridge fell harmlessly to the floor. He knelt down to comfort the yellow mare.
"aawww I'm sorry Fluttershy, I thought you knew it would be loud."
the little mare sobbed "I didn't think it would be THAT loud!" she curled up into a ball and began crying. Victor hated this, even though he knew it was her nature he still felt like a dick for making such a cute pony cry.


It had been two days since he had woken up and in that time he had reprimanded his friendships with the ponies. He was now currently demonstrating the tools he had brought along with him. He should have been getting rest in the hospital especially considering the doctor had specifically ordered him to, but Victor wouldn't have it. He felt strong enough so why couldn't he go out and do something? Admittedly, he'd probably be sick tomorrow from all the things he was doing but that was future Victor's problem. He was in an empty valley just to the south of Sweet Apple Acres, Apple Jack had recommended it as a perfect place to demonstrate the firearms he had brought along. Celestia herself attended the event interested in what this human was capable of. He had just tested the first weapon an M240 bravo belt fed light machine gun, it had recently replaced the m249 as the standard squad automatic weapon for the US military. He still had plenty more weapons to go.


Twilight went to comfort her friend "It's okay Fluttershy we can go home if you want" The quivering mare only nodded as she and Twilight walked off the range. Great, he had only fired off four rounds and already two of his friends had gone home, not a good start.

The remaining four mares trotted up to Victor as he stood examining his next weapon: the m7 LAW rocket launcher. He would have preferred to use one of the AT4s because he was more familiar with it, but those were only one time use disposable launchers. That idea always annoyed him. "who in their right mind would make a one time use rocket launcher? what if you miss? well at least it was a dependable, powerful launcher and if you couldn't hit something with a freaking rocket launcher than what could you do?" As he thought to himself and loaded a rocket into the tube a pink hoof tapped him on the shoulder. He looked around and stared at Pinkie Pie. Her face was strewn with excitement, the marine opened his mouth in order to ask what she wanted but she was too quick; "OH MY GOSH that was soooo loud! I mean like Party cannon loud. whichisprettyloudbecauseIneedtouseitforpartiesandwhatsapartywithoutnoise?ItellyaIoncewenttoa quietpartyanditwassooboringImeanIvebeentoalotofpartiesbeforelikebirthdaypartiesnightmarenightpartiesandevenwelcomingpartieswhichremindsmeIstillhaventthrownyouawelcomeparty!!

at this point she flew a few feet into the air gasped and said HANGONI'LLBERIGHTBACK! before sprinting off.

"What. The. Fuck." Victor hadn't sworn since he woke up from his black out. He had talked with Pinkie and knew she was an odd ball but this was too much. Rarity, Apple Jack, and Rainbow Dash all shrugged and rolled their eyes simultaneously. She was Pinkie Pie, and that was all you could say to explain her.

Rainbow Dash was the first to speak. "soo uh what was that?" "OH!" it suddenly occured to Victor that he hadn't explained anything about firearms to any of them (aside from Twilight). "Hang on one second, PRINCESS!" he shouted out to Celestia who was watching from a distance on a hill top surrounded by guards for protection should something go wrong with a gun a distant voice replied "what is it?" Victor shouted back "I NEED TO EXPLAIN SOMETHING! CAN YOU COME OVER HERE?" "hang on" came the reply. The guards and Princess flew as one cohesive unit and got to where Victor was in the span of 30 seconds. "What is it?" Celestia asked.
"Have I explained guns to everyone yet?"
"No, I don't believe you have."
"Alrighty, I guess I should then. So,..."
Victor went on to describe firing mechanisms, cartridges, and other kinds of weapons for the next 20 or so minutes. When he had finished he gazed down at the ponies before him. Celestia seemed intrigued yet quiet, Rarity and AppleJack were dead apathetic and bored, and Rainbow Dash was kicking a pebble around in the dirt.

"Uhhhhhhhh okay so I don't think you all got that"
The three unattentive ponies jumped at being addressed Apple Jack was the first to speak

"Oh uh sorry sugar cube Ah wasn't payin' too much attention to what ya'll were sayin" she grinned sheepishly and stared at the floor. the other two joined her.

"Ok well I can tell you probably don't wanna hear the whole shpiel again so I'll get back to my shooting" He walked past them back towards the table where he picked up an m72 LAW rocket launcher and slid a round into it.
"You all probably wanna cover your ears, this one's a lot louder, oh yeah, one more thing, don't stand behind me"

The group covered their ears and cringed except for Rainbow Dash who rolled her eyes at them. AppleJack nudged her on the shoulder "Aren't you gonna cover your ears RD?"

"No way, it just startled me the first time, I can handle anything no sweat" Apple Jack shrugged and rolled her eyes before focusing back on the human with the rocket launcher

"FIRING! IN THREE... TWO... ONE!!!"

the LAW let loose a rocket with a mighty thunder as a massive flame shot out the back. The war head flew off exploding into a great crimson and yellow cloud of fire off in the distance.





The lingering silence was broken by a cracking voice "MOTHER OF CELESTIA!!" Rainbow Dash was lying on her back propping herself up with her front legs. Celestia turned to her with a concerned look on her face. "Are you alright RainbowDash?" She looked up at her with a face of confusion

"WHAT?!"

**********************************

Sorry for the late chapter guys, but you know how life can get. I should be getting these chapters up at a more constant and faster time period. also they WILL be longer, pinkie pie swear. Cross my heart and hope to fly stick a cupcake in my eye.