• Published 25th Oct 2015
  • 1,224 Views, 18 Comments

Over-Infinite Bonds and Friendships - ShogunWriter106



What would you get if you mix a pitying OOO fanatic, the Greeed, and a journal containg the information to making new Core Medals into Equestria? A big mess of chaos, comedy, and adventure.

  • ...
1
 18
 1,224

Haunted Mansion, Fear, and Name

Author's Note:

To be honest, I kind of scared myself when I wrote this chapter... Ugh! *shivers* Be prepared!

Everfree Forest (Dusk)

"GO!GO!GO!GO!GO!GO!GO!GO!GO!GO!" Sozui screamed in panic as he, Ankh, and Uva ran out of the dense forest and into an open field of dead grass before a mad Pinkie burst from the forest suddenly wearing a hockey mask with the fly swatter now spinning her hooves!

"How is she doing that?!" Ankh yelled in disbelief as he watched PInkie chased after them while running on two hooves perfectly.

"LESS TALKING, MORE RUNNING!!" Uva shouted as he quickly dodged a swing, "AND DOUBLE TIME!"

Sozui darted his eyes in every direction until he saw an old rickety mansion a few yards away, "Quick! In there!"

Without hesitating, the trio managed to run through the open door of the building as it closed behind them while Pinkie Pie suddenly stopped in front of it and lifted her mask off to show a face of fear. She gulped as rumbling clouds gathered above the mansion and lightning started to clash above it and rain started to pour down.


Sozui, Ankh, and Uva all panted in fear as they leaned against the door.

"That... was... close...!" Sozui wheezed as he slumped to the wooden floor in exhaustion while Ankh and Uva managed to recover their breath and looked around the interior the house. It was dark with a huge staircase leading to the second floor and there was some furniture covered in sheets with old fashioned paintings hanging on the wall.

"What is this place?" Ankh asked but his attention was soon grabbed by the flash of lightning through a nearby window as rain hammered against it.

"I guess we're stuck here for the night," Uva stated as he went to a nearby switch and flicked it up as the lights flickered on but they immediately died off, "Great..."

"Hang on, I found a candle!" Sozui called out as he took out the mentioned object before he started to feel around his vest, "Now where did I put those matches? Ah! Here they are!"

He struck one and lit the candle as the dark room was filled with its glowing orange light. Uva came up to Sozui and grabbed him by the shoulder causing the latter to look at him in confusion.

"All right, now that pink terror is gone, mind telling me who you are before I slice you apart!?" Uva growled as he held out his scythe hand with emphasis.

Sozui, however, just rolled his eyes as he calmly pushed Uva's hand off before he walked to the stairway much to Uva's slight surprise as he followed after him.

"Oi! Didn't you hear me?! I said-!" Uva started.

"Uva, after what I saw when you ran like a scared little girl, I don't know if I am going to be scared by you," Sozui interrupted causing Uva to turn white in shock and fainted to the floor. Sozui shook his head at this before he pulled out the tome from his vest, "Ankh catch!"

Sozui tossed the book through the air before the bird Greeed caught it in his hands after he fumbled with it for a moment.

"I'm going to investigate this place. Can you hold on to that book while I'm gone? Also, I want you two to stick together at all costs! Understand?!" Sozui grimly spoke as the dim light from the candle made his face eerie in the dark.

"Crystal..." Ankh answered after a moment of silence.

Sozui nodded before he walked up the steps to the second floor with the only indication he's up there is the dim light from the candle before it disappeared. Ankh stared at the second floor before he looked at the book in curosity and opened it up as lightning flashed outside when his eyes went wide at the contents.

"What is this?" Ankh asked to himself as he flipped through the pages that are filled with an ancient language until he saw the last page, "This shape... Masaka..."

"What you got there Ankh?" Uva asked after he snapped out his shock-induced faint as he walked to his sibling.

"Nothing!" Ankh quickly answered as he hastily shut the book and stored it inside his body.

Uva growled in suspicion, but a sudden scream of horror emerged from the top floor as it captured Ankh's and Uva's attention as the duo ran up the stairs to see a lone blown out candle with smoke lingering from its burnt wick.

"...Sozui?" Ankh weakly asked in shock as he picked up the candle while thunder continued to clash outside.


Mansion (Evening)

The dining room was dreadfully silent as Uva leaned against the wall while Ankh sat on a chair hands clenched together in thought while Uva tapped his incomplete foot to the floor.

"Would you cut that out?!" Ankh snapped, his patience finally worn out from the excessive tapping, "I'm trying to think here!"

"I do whatever I want! Since when did you start to care so much about that human!?" Uva growled as he glared at Ankh.

"Since I found out that he is our only chance to gain back all of our Tenth Core Medals!" Ankh retorted, "He may not be Eiji, but he cares for all of us Greeed! Even when I nearly choked him, he still helped my leg when I got injured by that beast! He even spared you from the Pink Terror!"

Uva grumbled as he crossed his arms in defeat.

Suddenly, some words started to scribble on the wall beside Ankh and Uva in black ink as they glowed unnaturally! Ankh shivered slightly at the phrase that was written:

GET OUT! WHILE YOU STILL CAN!

"Oh yeah?! Well what you are going to do about it?!" Uva taunted as he shook his fist angrily.

A dark feminine laugh then echoed as forks and knives floated from their positions on the table and took aim at Uva and Ankh!

"You just had to say it..." Ankh groaned before the floating utensils shot at them! Ankh and Uva ducked at the last second as they struck the wall behind them. The former grabbed Uva by the arm and ran out as dishes started to fly after them!

Uva roared as he wrenched from Ankh's grip and started to blast lightning at them, but the dishes moved in flashing motions as one beaned him, knocking him back for a moment as he collapsed to the floor. The other dishes attempted to attack as well, but a flurry of fire balls destroyed them before they had the chance!

"Uva! What the heck is your deal?!" Ankh demanded as he picked up Uva as he wobbled a bit before he leaned against the wall next to a painting of a ghost holding a bubble blower.

"Shut it! I don't want to be near you! You and that human have irked me all day! I want to take care of this myself instead of being hauled around like someone's luggage!" Uva growled.

"Sozui specifically told me to stick together by your side at all costs! I'm not going to disobey that order!" Ankh growled as he butted heads with Uva.

"Oh? So the chicken is starting to take orders again!?" Uva mocked as he put some force into pushing Ankh's head back.

"Well I don't see any other way if he is our only chance at getting our Core Medals back, dung beetle!" Ankh retorted as he push back with equal force as lightning darted between their eyes.

"Oh please, like I've never seen arguments like these before!" a voice spoke up out of nowhere stopping the feuding Greeed.

"Who's there?!" Ankh called out before flames swirled around in the air for a moment before a female black winged creature appeared out of the flames as she crossed her arms mockingly while her black sclera blue eyes stared at Ankh and Uva.

"Hello Ankh and Uva, it is finally a pleasure to meet you! Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Sunset Shimmer and welcome to my Mansion of Horror!" Sunset greeted as she held out her arms dramatically.

"Mansion of Horror? Pfft! You call floating utensils and plates horrifying!? That wasn't even scary that was an insult!" Uva mocked as he crossed his arms.

"Oh?" Sunset asked as she snapped her clawed fingers and a familiar pink pony holding a chainsaw materialized in front of Uva as she laughed maniacally. The sudden appearance caused Uva to cringe as he stepped back in horror.

"When I captured your companion, I managed to get him to talk about you and your newfound weakness. I must say I never thought a big stag beetle would be scared like a pathetic flea!" Sunset laughed as she took pleasure in the torture.

"ENOUGH!" Ankh boomed getting the evil creature's attention, "What do you want with us?"

"Now, now Mr. Bird let's not lose our tempers so easily," Sunset childishly warned as she wagged her finger as she notice Ankh's hand twitching before it clenched into a fist causing her to smirk, "If you want your friend back, you'll have to pass a little test."

"Test? What test?" Uva asked from his perch on the ceiling while Crazy Pinkie Illusion was preparing a huge grill under him causing him to tighten his grip.

"This test will show how long you can endure before you will snap from being so close to your deepest fear." Sunset remarked as she folded her hands while 'laying' in the air, "And the only way you're going to get out of it is conquer that fear!"

Ankh shook with unbridled fury as he glared at the creature before him, "Omai! You didn't just ask about Uva's fear but mine as well!"

"Bingo! Give the bird a prize!" Sunset announced in a fake cheerful voice, before it turned into a dark smirk, "Now, face your fear for it is..."

Ankh tensed.

"A Zombie Chicken!" She declared. Ankh almost fell over from the sudden shock as he, Uva, and Crazy Illusion Pinkie stared dumbly at her as an uncooked chicken covered in dirt materialized before him. It moaned in a clucking tone as it walked slowly towards Ankh as he stepped back. Sunset thought Ankh was stepping back in fear, but in his head was another story...

"This is strange. Why would Sozui think my worst fear is a zombie roast chicken?! I thought he knows everything about me unless..." Ankh train of thought stopped in realization as he looked behind him towards the hot grill and smirked before he took a tragic pose and shout in an overly dramatic voice, "Oh no! Not a zombie chicken! It's my greatest weakness! Oh please whatever you do, don't put me on that grill! Whatever you do, please! Not the grill!"

The Zombie Chicken moaned as it grabbed Ankh and hoisted him over its missing head and slowly walked towards the grill.

Sunset chuckled as she leaned back in the air to enjoy the show while Uva cocked his head in confusion, but he immediately paled as Crazy Illusion Pinkie put on a bib with Uva's face with crossed-out eyes on it. She then took out a fork and a knife as she slurped her tongue across her face.

"Oi Ankh, whatever you are doing please make it quick!" Uva urged as the ceiling started to crumble.

The Zombie Chicken moaned as it prepared to throw Ankh unto the raging fire on the grill, but Ankh quickly grabbed the chicken and the illusional Pinkie and tossed them into the grill before he covered it up with the top.

"Uva! Now! Zap them!" Ankh called out.

Uva immediately dropped down from the ceiling and fired one of his most powerful lightning attacks and incinerated the grill into oblivion.

"Well, well. I never thought you would be the sly type," Sunset complimented as she clapped her hands slowly, "So the kid didn't tell me everything, maybe if I talk to him one more time..."

"Zip it! Forget what you are going to say because I'm on to you! This is all but a big stupid prank isn't it?" Ankh declared as he pointed an avian claw at Sunset.

"Really? What proof do you have that it is?" Sunset asked as she filed her nails.

"The first thing that got my attention was the candle. The candle's wick is blown out and the body was intact! Normally, the candle would have started a fire if it were to be dropped and this whole place would have burned down!" Ankh stated causing to Sunset to raise an eyebrow at this but she made no denial as she leaned back, The second thing is that your illusions of our so called 'fears' are nothing more than less serious ones! Sozui wouldn't be dumb enough to tell you our secrets so easily!"

"I see, your point?" Sunset asked in a bored tone as she finished filing her nails and started to examine them.

"Yeah Ankh, what are you getting at?" Uva asked in confusion as he rubbed his hands to soothe the pain from hanging on the ceiling too long.

"My point, exactly, is that Sozui is in never any real danger at all!" Ankh stated before he turned to a nearby door, "Isn't that right, Sozui?"

"Very good, Ankh," Sozui congratulated as he walked out of the door, "I'm impressed you managed to solve this mystery, but surely something brought your attention to this."

"Indeed, I sensed someone with a desire in this mansion and it's not coming from little Miss Sunshine in front of me! This thing is nothing more than a projection!" Ankh pointed out.

"I see," Sozui said before he called out, "Okay Sunset! Fun's over!"

The 'Sunset' creature fizzled for a moment before it faded in a flurry of magic as yellow mare with a red and yellow mane walked out of the room Sozui was in before she waved a hoof at Ankh and Uva.


(One Hour Later)

"She's once a student of a royal monarch?" Ankh asked as he sipped from his tea while Uva took his pent up stress out on a magical sandbag Sunset whipped up for him as he punched the nonliving daylights out of it!

"Yeah, but she was caught trying to go to a magical mirror and as a result she was sent to this place," Sozui explained while he gazed at Sunset, "Eventually, she has grown used to it and decided to make it her home."

"Why did you two pull that prank?" Ankh questioned just as Uva winded up and delivered an uppercut to the magical sandbag as it obliterated into particles.

"I wanted to scare Uva," Sozui answered with a smile. Uva growled as he marched to Sozui and grabbed him by the shirt.

"You better not do this again, or so help me-!!!" Uva started to threaten.

"Relax, it won't happen again!" Sozui promised. Uva roughly let go of his shirt as he grumbled to a couch and lay down on it and started to snooze, "Uva has the right idea, we should get some sleep."

"I agree," Sunset yawned as she curled up on another couch and fell asleep. Sozui was about to go to sleep on an empty bed mattress, but Ankh stopped his progress by grabbing his shoulder.

"Matte Sozui," Ankh spoke as he reached into his chest and pulled out the book, "Here's that book back and I saw what was on the last page."

"You saw it too? I guess we need to find that if we want to decipher the text within the book," Sozui stated as he placed the book in his vest, "You know, I think we should give this book a name. I don't want to keep referring to it as a book."

The book suddenly pulsed with light as it floated in-between Ankh and Sozui much to their surprise and opened up as reveal three words of light floated out of it: Tome of Desire. The three words immediately dissappeared as soon as they came before the book floated back to Sozui's vest.

"What just happened?" Ankh asked in surprise.

"I don't know, but at least we know what to call the book now," Sozui stated before he yawned as he covered his mouth, "Right now, I suggest we should get some sleep..."

Sozui went to his mattress and lied down on it before he almost immediately fell asleep while Ankh pulled out a red sheet of fabric and laid it across a bookshelf. He jumped on it and nestled on it as he fell to world of dreams known as sleep.


Everfree Forest (Midnight)

Meanwhile in another part of the Everfree Forest, a black rectangular device with blue lines and three slots, a sword with the same colors and a coin slot, and a black album with three blue Os on it slightly glowed beneath an old tree before they floated from the ground and flew towards the direction of the mansion.