• Published 6th Oct 2015
  • 381 Views, 2 Comments

Three T's- a Genetic Research story - peacevic



Trixie wants to get better at teaching, so she turns to the only pony she feels confident she can learn from... Unfortunately for Twilight

  • ...
 2
 381

Chapter 3

Ch. 3

"So." Trixie dead-panned as they walked down a relatively clear street. "Thus far, Trixie has learned that, in order for Trixie to get ponies to listen to her, Trixie must throw them through walls."

"I probably shouldn't have done that, but he just gets me so mad sometimes." Twilight slowed to a stop and hung her head.

"Trixie will admit that he can be somewhat conceited, but that's just how he controls whatever situation he may be in. If he can make a joke, or at the very least provoke a reaction, then he-"

Twilight was in no mood for a psychology lesson. "Why are you even here?! If you really want to learn to teach you could just read a book!"

Trixie flinched back, and Twilight immediately regretted her outburst. It wasn't the showpony she was angry with, it was the whole situation. And Peacevic, though that was more or less an everyday thing.

But before she could apologize, Trixie straightened up and fixed the Princess with a wounded glare. "Very well, Trixie will be honest with you. Trixie's been having... kind of a rough time of it lately. Trixie was hoping to be able to forget about Trixie's family for a little while." Her words started coming in a frantic stream. "But you're the only pony that Trixie is sort of friends with in Ponyville except for Fluttershy and she wasn't there and by the time she got back Trixie had already thought up the teaching thing and it was too late."

"Trixie, I- I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to sound so callous. I just wasn't thinking." Twilight comforted. She had no way to imagine what it'd be like to suddenly find out she had a sibling somewhere. As she wrapped the slumping Trixie in a hug, Twilight couldn't help but wish Pinkie was here. Pinkie would know how to make the older pony feel better. But the pink party pony was still off somewhere, doing Celestia knows what. So it fell to Twilight. "It must be pretty difficult, finding out you had a little sister that nopony ever told you about."

"No, it's not that. Apple Bloom's pretty fun, and the rest of the Apples have been nothing but welcoming. It's just some things Trixie's father did. Things that... Trixie doesn't really know if Trixie wants to go into."

Twilight lifted Trixie's chin, so the two were looking directly at each other. "Well if you ever want to talk, I'll be glad to listen. Any friend of Fluttershy's a friend of mine, and I'm sure the rest of the girls would feel the same way."

"Thanks, Twilight. That actually means a lot to Trixie." Trixie wiped away a tear that had formed and sniffled. "Now, umm, what were you talking to Peacevic about? Why is he in danger?"

The Princess looked away, not wanting to continue meeting Trixie's now-inquisitive gaze. "Trixie, I'd tell you if I could. Really. But this is the kind of thing where the more ponies know, the more dangerous it is everypony."

"So you just want Trixie to pretend nothing happened?"

"Yes. Please, trust me on this."

Author's Note:

Eight down, two more to go...
And yeah, this is a shared universe.

Comments ( 1 )
Login or register to comment