• Published 30th Sep 2015
  • 434 Views, 3 Comments

The Eternal Body Guard - LukasAngelis



When a human being is sent to Equestria, he makes a solumn vow to keep one pony from harm, even if it may accidentily change history

  • ...
2
 3
 434

Chap 2: Welcome to Ponyville

The Eternal Bodyguard
By LukasAngelis
Chapter 2: The Summer Sun Festival: Year 1000

Dear Diary: 6/21/1000

It's finally here, the thing I've been waiting for for five years. The apparent start of the show's timeline. A lot has happened in that time since I came here, I won't go into great detail, we have to leave for Moondancer's party soon, and I know Twilight will be looking into the Mare in the Moon legend that kick starts everything. I will try to give the highlights in this updated journal.

The first few months were difficult, not because of all the training and trying to get into the guard. That was easy, only took me two weeks to pass the physical exam, laughed when I passed; mostly because Captain Iron Cross figured I would never pass it after my first failure. He had to buy me dinner after that.
No, the hard part was two things. The food and the disease. Had to find a regular way to get my protein without meat; life with vegetarians. Got bored of beans really quickly. Though I must admit, Donut Joe's is a fantastic sweet shop.

But the disease was the worst. At first, I was fine, then two months after getting here, it was like I was bombarded with five or even ten different diseases at the same time. I felt like I was going to die. Luckily Celestia and their doctors were able to help me. I don't even remember what diseases I had. The really, really weird thing after all that was, I haven't been sick since then. Not even the slightest cold in four and a half years. Damn Equestrian bacteria.

It's sometimes truly incredible how things work out in your favor. My plan to become Twilight's bodyguard didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would. Only took two years and some damn convenient plot devices. Haha. Like in those two years I saved Twilight's life twice, prevented her from being kidnapped three times, once directly and twice stopping plots to do so.And wouldn't you know it, but who got in the same classes as me but the one and only Shining Armor. I'm not sure if it was Divine Providence, or Celestia knew more than she was letting on. Which I guess would still be Divine Providence in a way.

Shining Armor and I became quite good friends, best friends actually. We had classes together and sort of became rivals, I don't know if he liked me at first, but eventually it became more of a friendly competition that evolved into friendship. We pushed each other our hardest and traded top spots in the class constantly. We got the same assignment in Canterlot for a few months. We had shifts together, and when things got slow, we talked about just about everything. She even introduced me to Princess Cadence, and we also became good friends. He got reassigned after a year, but we still wrote and saw each other.

Anyway, because of my encounters with saving Twilight, the awards I got for my achievements, and my friendship with Shining, when my reassignment came up. I was able to choose my own assignment. I personally requested from Princess Celestia to be Twilight's bodyguard, with an amazing endorsement from Shining Armor, and a reluctant endorsement from Iron Cross (he never did learn to like me, haha), Princess Celestia allowed it.
Twilight had met me before through Shining, but was her usual self. Or at least, pre-show self. Studying and antisocial. The only ponies she was warm to was her brother, Cadence and, of course, Celestia. It was such a switch to see Twilight as she was before the show when I only remembered her from afterward.

It took quite a few months for her to become sociable toward me, some because of her personality, some because she was taking care of Spike, partially because I was human, but mostly because of her studying classes.
After a while, I connected to Twilight by becoming more than just a bodyguard. I effectively became her caretaker. I guarded her, taught her and helped her with many things. I tried not to take Spike's future job, but I also needed her to trust me. Which after three years of doing the job, I'd say she trusts me more than anyone outside of her family with the exception of Princess Celestia, Cadence and Spike.

I had agreed to the job and was able to have one day off a week. for security reasons, I tried never to have the same day multiple weeks in a row. On those days, my weekends off went from days studying, to days traveling across Equestria, usually Ponyville if not in Canterlot. Spending a few hours with Shining Armor when he was in town. And also nights of drinking.

I was able to commission a very special broadsword from the Canterlot blacksmiths. I wanted a weapon for the upcoming battles I knew were to come in a few years. It was made with unicorn magic to make and keep it as hard and sharp as possible, though it wouldn't have any magic left in it. I was able to etch all along the sword runes that I had found in my studies. These runes would protect it, and hopefully me, from magic, good, bad and neutral. I also carried with me a kind of Bowie knife just in case. I would hope that I would never have to use either of these on anyone. And I have yet to use them for anything short of detainment in all the time I had been here. Thankfully.

I find it very sad that I am still here. At first, I tried to get a hold of Celestia once a week or so to see how progress was going with trying to send me home. Every single week came back with nothing. After six months I started to ask less frequently. I got homesick quite often at the time and once or twice had quite a bout of depression, luckily Celestia, Shining Armor and Cadence were able to help me out of my hole. After one and a half years. I finally received news that she had found the spell to teleport a nonmagical being across worlds. I was so excited; I figured that my way home was already paved. I wish that were the case. Celestia had been searching for my home for all that time, but to no avail.

After all my time of being her bodyguard, I just have one thing to say really. Thank the maker for both having my mp3 player and being able to magically recharge it. Because it is incredibly boring about 50% of the time, especially when she is in class and I have to wait or nap outside.

I should probably wrap up right now, We are at the park and have to get going soon.

So until I write again, I don't know when that will be, may the maker guide me home.

Lukas Jackson

Lukas closed his diary and looked about the Canterlot private library. Twilight had been studying what looked like a book of legends. Lukas kept looking at his watch, as he was prone to do, thinking that maybe they should leave for the party of Moon Dancer's that Lemon Hearts had invited her too.

All of a sudden, Twilight closed the book she was reading. She looked up at her caretaker. "Lukas"

"What is it Twilight?"
"I've been reading this legend of the two sisters story, and I was wondering how much you know about it."

"Well, Twilight, I'm not sure how much more I know than that book you're reading. The long and the short of it is, the moon princess got jealous of the sun princess, tried to take over, and got banished by the sun princess to the Moon with the Elements of Harmony. The image we see in the moon today became part of that legend to become the Mare in the Moon legend. But again, that's a really blunt version."

"Wait, the Mare in the Moon? I think I've heard that name before. What is that legend?"
Lukas sighed, "I don't know when it was written, and I don't know who wrote it. As far as I'm concerned, it's one of those end of Equus stories that come out every few years. I've never put much faith in any of those, and I think most ponies have forgotten this story even exists. But the story pretty much says that Nightmare Moon declared that on the dawn of the longest day of the thousandth year of her imprisonment she would return and, I guess, take over all of Equestria. Or maybe all of Equus, I don't fully remember."

"When would that be though?"

"I figure since this is the year 1000, and I don't really know the reasoning for the restarting of counting the years, I'd guess that it probably means this year. Or more specifically, the day after tomorrow."

Spike had come through the door with the present that Twilight was supposed to give to Moon Dancer.
"What! Nightmare Moon is coming back in two days, and nothing has been done to prepare for it?!"

"Uh, the story is considered an Ole mare's tale. Like I said, most ponies don't even know the story exists."

"Still I think Princess Celestia should be made aware of this. SPIKE!"

Spike put down the present and hurried over,"Yes, Twilight?"

"I need you to take a letter to send to Princess Celestia, telling her about Nightmare Moon."

"Okay... Ready."

"My dearest teacher, my continuing studies of pony magic have led me to discover that we are on the precipice of disaster!"

"Preci.. Pre."
Lukas chimed in, "Just use edge, Spike. I'm telling you Twilight; this is a waste of time."

"Okay, edge."
Twilight gave a glare at Lukas, "Continuing. For you see, the mythical Mare in the Moon is, in fact, Nightmare Moon, and she's about to return to Equestria, and bring with her eternal night! Something must be done to make sure this terrible prophecy does not come true. I await your quick response. Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle."

"Twilight, even if Princess Celestia read and responds to your letter, what do you really think she's going to do about it? Have extra guard detail? Cancel the celebration and go into hiding?"
"I think Lukas is right Twilight; I think that the Princess is going to be too busy to respond."

"I don't care, send it anyway Spike. Lukas, this could affect all of Equestria if it turns out to be true. I think that Princess Celestia would be concerned if she knew about this epidemic that possibly could occur. Spike, send the letter."

Spike held the scroll in his claw and teleported it away with his fire.

Lukas shook his head in his hand, "Twilight, even if she responds, I don't know if you are going to like the response.

All of a sudden Spike coughed up and spewed the scrolled response from the benevolent Princess.

"See? I knew she would want to take immediate action." Twilight said as she saw the letter.

Spike unrolled the letter and cleared his throat as he began to read, "My dearest, most faithful student Twilight. You know that I value your diligence and that I trust you completely, but you simply must stop reading those dusty old books."

"WHAT!!!"

"Haha, I told you Twilight. "

Spike cut in, "There's still more Twilight. 'My dear Twilight, there is more to a young pony's life than studying, so I'm sending you to supervise the preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration in this year's location: Ponyville. And, I have an even more essential task for you to complete: make some friends."

"FRIENDS?! Why does she expect me to make friends in Ponyville when there is such a major potential disaster on the rise?"

"Like I and Celestia and your brother have been telling you for years Twilight, you need friends outside of those you read in books."
Twilight looked like Lukas had said she was being sent back to magic kindergarten. She felt as if everything she knew just fell apart. How could both her mentor and her guardian be acting as if it was an ordinary day when it could very well be the start of some sort of apocalypse? Her mind couldn't figure out this turn of events, but then she also had something else to worry about, as unimportant as it seemed.

"So what then? We go to Ponyville to help set up immediately?"

Lukas felt a need to correct,"Normally yes. But we do still have the business of Moon Dancer's party to attend to first. "
"But Lukas, this was a direct proclamation and order from Princess Celestia, she told us to go; that means we need to get going and get on this."

"And as I said, typically I'd agree with you, but you made a promise, even if it was an off-hand one, to go to Moon Dancer's party and I intend to have you keep that promise. "

"That party is of no never mind Lukas, Princess Celestia gave both you and me, an order, and we have to abide by it."

"You leave that to me; I will simply explain to the princess it was my doing, that way you will get into the least amount of trouble. And I won’t have any more of this; it is the end of discussion.”

“But, Lukas-”

“No, buts, Twilight Sparkle Shine. We are going to that party, then to Ponyville. Now move it young filly.” Lukas said in his most stern voice.
Twilight hated when he used her full name, and when he called her a filly even though she knew he usually used it as a term of endearment for her, ever since she knew him. But she also knew there was no use arguing with him when he was this way. “Fine, but let’s hurry.”

Twilight, Lukas, and Spike all left to Moon Dancer’s party. Twilight may have been physically there, but she seemed to act as unsociable as possible. She barely talked to her friends; she kept looking at the clock. Lukas saw that she was acting extremely unfriendly and thought to himself how much of a shame it was that she didn’t seem to want anything to do with these nice ponies.

After half an hour of being at the party, Twilight pulled Lukas away from the party,“Can we go now? We’ve been here long enough. We need to get on my assignment from the Princess.”

“Of course Twilight. I don’t know what is with you today. Your acting like I’m your enemy here.” The three of them left walking together to meet up with the chariot at the transport station.

“I’m acting this way because the fate of Equestria, maybe even all of Equus may be in trouble, and I seem to be the only one that cares.” The three of them made it to the chariot, “It just seems like the world is against me. So, sorry for being a bit temperamental!" She said with sarcastic frustration.

Lukas hesitated from the chariot for a bit. Twilight noticed,” What’s wrong Lukas, scared of flying?”

“To be honest, my little filly, it's not the flying that scares me, it’s the crash after the fall that does. And with all due respect, this transport doesn’t seem all that safe with no restraints at all.”

“Don’t be silly; you know the magic will keep you in.”

“Well I’m sorry, forgive me for not trusting the magic to hold me in, when your own magic seems to have little to no effect on me at all. “

“I’ve told you dozens of times; I don’t know why my magic doesn't seem to affect you.”

“Maybe it has to do with all the times you used it on me, I’ve grown something of an immunity.” Lukas considered as he edged into the chariot to sit down.

“I don’t know Lukas. All I know is we need to get to Ponyville; we’re already late and we need to get the Summer Sun Celebration set up speedily.”

The chariot whisked off into the air swiftly. Lukas held on to the side of the craft for dear life as Twilight and Spike argued back and forth about the letter from Celestia and about how the Princess told Twilight to make some friends.
After about an hour of what Lukas thought was a bumpy ride (so much so that he almost lost his lunch), the chariot landed in Ponyville. Lukas had been there a couple of times on his days off. It’s just usually he took the train to get there. The three of them got off of the chariot, and it took off returning to Canterlot.

"I've been meaning to ask you Lukas, why do you have your swords with you?" Spike asked cautiously. "You're not expecting anything dangerous, are you?" He added as he inched closer to Twilight and Lukas.

"No, I'm not Spike. I've been to Ponyville before, and it's one of the safest towns in all of Equestria. But that doesn't mean that there isn't going to be danger. And trouble doesn't exactly give advance notice to when it's going to happen. So what's first on the agenda for the celebration?"

Spike responded, "Uh, first thing on the checklist is the food. So we would be heading to Sweet Apple Acres. We would be meeting with an earth pony named Applejack."
The three walked the path to Sweet Apple Acres. Lukas meanwhile was a bit preoccupied feeling like something that should have happened, didn't. But let that feeling pass.
As the farm came into view, Lukas spoke up,"Now Twilight, I don't want to have to tell you that you need to be on good behavior."
"Why would you need to tell me something like that? You always tell me how good and respectful I am."
"Yes, but I also know that this is a different kind of culture than you're used to. And I know how stubborn you can be about accepting new things that seem odd to you."
Twilight just sneered at Lukas after he said that. The three came to the barn and main house, a tan pony saw them and walked up to them, the mare noticed Lukas first both because he's a human and because she knew him.
"Well, howdy Sugarcube. We haven't seen you around these parts in months. What brings ya'll about today?"
"Good morning Miss Applejack. First of all, the apples seem to be doing great this year, and so are you, haha. Second, let me introduce you to Miss Twilight Sparkle and the young Drake Spike. Twilight, Spike, this is Applejack. Current manager of Sweet Apple Acres."

"Well nice to meet you Miss Twilight and Spike. It's always nice to make new friends. Me an' Lukas have been friends for a couple months an' any friend of Lukas's is a friend of the Apple family."
Twilight started, "Wait, friends? We're here to make sure the food preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration are coming along and will be ready."
"Well shoot, everythin's going smoother than a sanded 2 by 4. Would you care to see how the foods going first hand?"
"That sounds fine, but I can't be too long I still have a lot of things to check," Twilight said, probably more haughtily than she intended.

Applejack tried to ignore the rudeness of her guest, for her own and Lukas's sake, "Well sure, miss Twilight. You can try some of the food and meet the family. We don't have too much of the family here. A lot of them were here about half an hour or so ago, but they had more preparations to make. But you can, at least, meet my siblings, Granny and a few of my cousins."

The four of them walked up to the barn, where there was a table completely covered in all kinds of apple treats. There was also a few other ponies around the table. All Lukas was thinking was, 'I hope this goes better than I think it will.'

After almost 45 minutes of introductions and stuffing all three of their faces with food, Twilight's more than the other two. Way longer than Twilight wanted it to be, and she was starting to get quite annoyed, Twilight cut herself away from the get-together, and announced that they had to go because they had a lot of things to do. She again sounded rather curt in her speech, and though it went unnoticed by her, the Apple family felt that she was acting really snooty. As Twilight and Spike were walking away to check on the next task, Lukas decided to hold back and perform a bit of damage control.

"Hey Applejack, can I talk to you?"

"Of course Sugarcube, I hate soundin mean, but I can't believe that that pony could be your friend, Spike was nice plenty. But I swear that mare is one of the rudest ponies I ever did meet. It's like she didn't want to be friends at all and it was completely horrible just to meet everyone if my family members."

"Well, I hate to say it Miss Applejack, but you were being a bit pushy. Though I know you were just excited. Truth be told, Twilight hasn't been having the best day, so that probably has something to do with how she's acting. In fact, that's a reason I came back to talk to you, could you do me a favor and find Pinkie Pie, I want her to throw Twilight a party that evening to welcome her to Ponyville, and I want all of you to attend. It would mean a lot to me, and I'll owe you one."

Applejack was a bit shocked with all that, but Lukas was her friend, so she said okay. Lukas thanked Applejack and told her he would see her at the party tonight. He said goodbye and ran off to catch up to Twilight and Spike.

Unfortunately, it took a lot longer than he thought it would and by the time he saw her, he knew that she had already met with Rainbow Dash. With her mane froofy from the spin dry from Rainbow.
Lukas would have laughed if didn't already know what had happened. "What happened to you little filly?"
"That dang pegasus Rainbow Dash, first she gets me all wet with rain, she gives me attitude about clearing the sky, then she tries to "fix" the problem, and that's how my mane got like this, I'm telling you Lukas, my day is just getting worse and worse. I just want to get these last few things done then go rest."

"At least, you have a nice library to rest in that the princess set up for you." Spike said through his giggles, trying to make Twilight feel better.

"Honestly Spike, you, Lukas and seeing the library and being able to rest quietly are the only things keeping me going right now. I've been completely ignored, pushed aside, pulled around, and now thrown about in a whirlwind. I've just about had it."
"So what's left on the agenda Spike?" Lukas asked.
"All I see left is decorations with Rarity, and music with somepony named... Fluuttershy?"
"That's Fluttershy, Spike."
"Sorry."
Twilight asked,"Is there anything I should know about Rarity, Lukas?"
"All I know for fact is that she is a unicorn pony who is an up and coming fashion designer in Ponyville. Other than that, most of what I know is rumors and second-hand talk." Lukas stated, knowing he couldn't reveal too much, "In all honesty, in all the times I have been here, I have never had a real reason to meet her."

Twilight seemed pretty agitated,"I can't believe this day. I just hope it doesn't get any worse."
"Perhaps you would like to get on to Fluttershy with the music and have me deal with Miss Rarity?" Lukas asked having an idea and trying to lessen Twilight's stress.
"That would be fantastic, but it's supposed to be my responsibility."
"I think you have been through plenty so far, so I will handle Miss Rarity and the decorations, and you go on with Miss Fluttershy. I insist."
"Thank you Lukas, I owe you one."
"My pleasure little filly. Come along Spike."
Spike was confused, "Why do you need me?"
"No reason, I just have a feeling you'll appreciate it." Lukas said with a bit of unintended whimsy. "We'll catch up with you in a bit Miss Twilight."
So Twilight walked off to where she was told Fluttershy lived. Meanwhile Spike and Lukas headed off to the town hall.
Lukas had seen the town hall plenty of times, at least from the outside. He had only been on the inside once to get his weapon permit for Ponyville. But how it looked on the inside, this time, was absolutely incredible. He had to admit to himself that while Pinkie Pie could decorate for even the best of parties. He thinks Rarity could match her for decorating for a soirée.

Spike spoke up, "Absolutely gorgeous. I've never seen such beauty."
Lukas giggled, "Spike, are you referring to the decorations? Or the perhaps the decorator?" Spike blushed at that comment.
Lukas saw Rarity up close for the first time since being in Equestria. And he was actually surprised that she actually was more attractive than he had previously believed. Not that he went for the made up look, but he could see what Spike saw in her.
Lukas decided to speak up to get the attention the busy unicorn, "Excuse me, Miss Rarity?"
Rarity was a tad surprised at the interruption but was more surprised at the fact that she was meeting the human she had heard so much about his dragon companion. "Oh, excuse me sir. Sorry, I was a tad distracted with finishing up here. Can I help you?"

"Yes ma'am, I am the guardian of the unicorn Twilight Sparkle, along with her assistant Spike, and we are simply seeing that all the preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration are coming along and will be completed in time."
"Of course they will sir. You have the number one fashionista in Ponyville on the job, and it will be done. Aside from that sir, I'm glaf to meet you and surprised that you've never introduced yourself to me before today. I've seen you around town before and been wanting to challenge myself by designing a suit for you. How about when this is over I can do that at no charge?"

"Maybe we can discuss that afterward Madame, or also maybe you can do the same for my drake companion? Anyway, along with the celebration, I have one more thing to ask."

"Yes, what is it darling?"
"Well, my care is new in town, and I wanted to have a welcome party at the library for her. I already have Pinkie Pie setting it up, but I would really appreciate it if you could go. Being new in town she needs some friends, even if she thinks she doesn't need them."

"Of course darling, I love Pinkie Pie's parties. And I'd be happy to be her friend if she's from Canterlot, then she knows a lot of high-class ponies."

Lukas gave a bit of a glare that fortunately went unnoticed by Rarity, this being one of the reasons he never liked her all that much. "Thanks, I will see you tonight, Miss Rarity."

Lukas and Spike exited the town hall and made their way toward Fluttershy's house to meet backup with Twilight. Spike, finally finding his voice spoke up, "Wow Lukas, she was, she was incredible, I think she may be the mare of my dreams."

"Spike, I'm not condoning or endorsing your feelings, but you know she's like three times older than you? Haha." Lukas mentioned. But Spike wasn't listening.
After about twenty minutes they had caught up with Twilight, who, while having had calmed down, couldn't get Fluttershy to speak up and looked like she was starting to get frustrated.

"I'm just wanting to know some of the details of what you are going to perform; I don't mean to be rude. I just want a sample." Twilight said really trying to keep her cool.

"...um...okay...um...things will be fine...", Fluttershy said nervous and scared of this new pony. "I just need to calm down the birds."
The birds could tell their master was nervous, and that made them over-excited, and they weren't going to calm down anytime soon.

Lukas and Spike saw the frustrated Twilight and the scared Fluttershy and Lukas felt he needed to help out. As he approached, he slowed down and called out to Twilight.
"Hey Twilight, everything's good with the decorations. Hows it going with the music?" Lukas said. He didn't know how Fluttershy would react to him since they had never actually been introduced. He hoped that she wouldn't be additionally scared.
As it turned out, Fluttershy had heard a lot about Lukas through other ponies, mostly, Applejack, Pinkie Pie Rainbow Dash, and was actually kind of intrigued to meet him. What she didn't know was about Spike. So it was almost too much for her, and she spoke almost as fast as Pinkie.

"Oh my, it's a baby dragon and the human Lukas. The dragon is just adorable, and I've heard so much about you mister human. I'm so excited I don't know who to talk to first."

Lukas responded first,"Please Miss Fluttershy, call me Lukas, and I would recommend speaking to Miss Twilight first."
Spike decided he needed to be in the spotlight also, so he went on,"I'm Spike, nice to meet you Fluttershy. "
Fluttershy got even more excited when Spike said this,"He talks too, that's incredible. You've got to tell me everything about your life and how you can talk, and what dragons talk about. And Lukas you'e got to tell me everything about you too, I've never seen you up close, so I want to know everything about you too."
Lukas for the first time in a long time felt a bit of embarrassment at how Fluttershy was acting toward him he was going to tell her that most of what she wants to know is secret, Twilight spoke up.
"Okay, so I guess everything is ready for tomorrow. We have got to get back to the library. It's been a long day." Feeling slightly more irritated than she had been before Fluttershy, she just wanted to go sleep.
The three of them started on their way back to the library, but Fluttershy followed right along talking to Spike and asking him questions, Spike feeling pride at answering, and asking Lukas questions, most of which he either didn't or couldn't answer. And Twilight getting more agitated and annoyed and what she considered a growing pest.
After half an hour the four made it back to the library, the sun was almost set and Twilight just wanted some peace and quiet. "Well, not that it hasn't been lovely getting to know you, we really must be going. The celebration is tomorrow, and we need to rest, especially Spike."

Lukas checked in the window and saw all the ponies inside, glad that Pinkie came through. He decided to help Twilight along with getting inside. "Absolutely Twilight, there is a lot to do tomorrow, and no one wants to be exhausted when doing them." Knowing perfectly wel l that no one was going to get any sleep.
Fluttershy heard this and started to walk back to her house as Twilight and Spike headed into the library. But Lukas knew that Fluttershy was supposed to be at the party too, so he caught up to her quickly. He whispered to her, "Miss Fluttershy, stick around; we've got a welcome party for Twilight going on let's go." He put his hand on her back which made her strongly blush which went unnoticed by Lukas.

But Fluttershy responded well enough through her squees. "Okay."
Lukas caught up to Twilight just in time to for surprise to come out. It seemed to Lukas like half of Ponyville was there. Although he doubted half of Ponyville could have fit in the tree. Needless to say Twilight was surprised and not in a good way.
"What are all these ponies doing in my house!"
Lukas while understanding if her attitude was still annoyed by it. "I asked Pinkie Pie to set this party up to welcome you to Ponyville. As is standard Pinkie Pie tradition."
Pinkie interrupted,"That's right, Applejack came up to me and told me that Lukas was in town, and he had his friends from Canterlot here for the Summer Sun Celebration and that one was a unicorn named Twilight, and one was a dragon named Spike, and he wanted to throw a welcome party for everyone and since I am the party planner of Ponyville I set this up! Isn't it awesome?!

Twilight was livid at this, "WHAT!" What were you thinking Lukas, we have a lot of work to do."
"Twilight, we've come to Ponyville effectively as ambassadors and the princess's representatives. Since chances are this won't be the only time we are here, I made it a point that you make some friends here. As was ordered by Princess Celestia. So you might as well enjoy yourself little filly."

Twilight whispered to Lukas to not scare anypony, "Lukas, Nightmare Moon comes tomorrow; we have to get ready for that. I don't have the time nor desire to make friends in this town nor any other town."

"And what are you going to do to Nightmare Moon? You have no idea if it's even happening and you even more so don't know what you'd be up against or anything. So don't worry about things you can not change and get into the swing of things."

Pinkie interrupted the two of them talking, "Hey you two, no hiding in the corner. Especially you Twilight Sparkle, it is your party. Come on, let's par-tay! Lukas you have got to try some of this punch."
"Get into the party," Lukas said to Twilight,"Hey Miss Pinkie, I hope that's not special punch. I'm still on duty."
Pinkie assured him, "Of course not, silly willy. Only Applejack has that, and she didn't bring any. Even though I asked her to." Pinkie gave an accusing glance at Applejack.

"Pinkie, why would Applejack bring alcohol to a welcome and make friends party? This isn't one of your let's make "friends" parties you naughty mare. Haha"

Twilight was exactly having the best time. She wanted to gather books on Nightmare Moon and the elements of harmony, but every time she turned around there was another pony in her face wanting to be her friend. She was getting more and more frustrated by the minute and just wanted these ponies out of her house. She felt helpless so she did the only thing she could. She went to bed.
Spike went in to try and rectify the situation and get Twilight to join the party again, but all he did was make her more annoyed and frustrated at all the ponies in her house. At the end of the night, he tried again to make her feel better.
"Twilight, isn't it a good thing that so many ponies want to be your friend? There's a lot of nice ponies here."
"Spike, how many times do I have to say it, I'm not here to make friends. I am here for the celebration and to see what I can do to stop Nightmare Moon. And even if I was here to make friends, why would I want a bunch of pushy, loud, arrogant, and in some cases, seemingly psychotic ponies as friends?"

Meanwhile, the other mane five still there were talking to Lukas. Rainbow Dash spoke up, "Listen Lukas, we know you're cool. But it doesn't seem that Twilight wants any friends, and it also seems like she isn't a very good friend either."
Rarity put in her two cents, "While I don't usually agree with Rainbow Dash, it seems, in this case, she is right. That unicorn wants nothing to do with us, and it seems she's trying her hardest to appear as unapproachable as possible."

Lukas knew he had to do something or else something really bad might happen, "Ladies, I understand where you're coming from. The fact of the matter is that Miss Twilight has a lot on her mind, and making friends isn't one of them unfortunately. But I assure you that it is very important that she makes some friends, even if she doesn't want to. All I ask is to give her another chance, for me."
Applejack spoke, "Alright, Sugarcube. I'll try again; she must be awful stressed with all that's going on." The other girls hesitantly agreed.

"Thank you all. It means a great deal to me."
Back in the bedroom, Twilight and Spike were still talking about the celebration and the ponies that wanted to be her friend. "Spike, I understand that they mean well, it's just this isn't the best time to be making friends. I just don't know why I seem to be the only one that gets that."
"Twilight, I'm glad that you're finally seeing that these ponies want to help you, but why don't we put all these problems off for another day, the celebration will start soon."

"Oh no, I really wish what I think is going to happen won't happen."
The eight of them, along with the rest of Ponyville, went over to the town hall. Twilight, fearful of what might be; the other ponies and Spike, joyful and happy over the happening festival, and Lukas, looking more serious and cautious than Twilight had seen him for a long time.
"Lukas, I thought you didn't believe me, why are you so on guard?"

"Well Twilight, two reasons. One there's a lot if ponies out here and as well as I know mobs if a fight breaks out, for whatever reason, there could be a lot of damage. Two, from what you said. I mean what I do know of legends is even the most obscure and forgotten legends are based on some fact, however small it might be. So I just have a feeling something will happen. I don't know if it's Nightmare Moon or some natural disaster. But something will happen today."
At the town hall, Lukas saw a lot of ponies, most of which he recognized. A lot recognized and greeted him and his friends. They all saw the mayor approach the podium looking proud of her town and of herself for hosting the festival. She spoke to the crowd.
"Fillies and gentlecolts, as mayor of Ponyville, it is my great pleasure to announce the beginning of the Summer Sun Celebration! In just a few moments, our town will witness the magic of the sunrise, and celebrate this, the longest day of the year! And now, it is my great honor to introduce to you the ruler of our land, the very pony who gives us the sun and the moon each and every day, the good, the wise, the bringer of harmony to all of Equestria..."
Lukas felt something; he didn't know how to explain it."She's gone."
Twilight heard him and got worried; she asked him, "Who's gone, Lukas?"
"Princess Celestia is gone. Nightmare Moon just took her."
Twilight couldn't believe what she was hearing, the princess gone? And that quickly? There had to be something they could do. She looked up just in time to see Rarity running up from backstage screaming how the princess had disappeared.
Lukas looked intently at the balcony wondering what exactly was going to happen next. All of a sudden he felt a chill, as if the temperature decided to drop ten degrees. He saw fog pouring in from the windows and from the balcony where the mayor and Rarity were. The fog billowed black as night and cold as ice, circling around in a thick haze swirling into a tighter and tighter form. Then a solid figure seemed to appear out of the fog, and there she was. The first of what Lukas considered actual plot villains.
Nightmare Moon.

Author's Note:

So here finally is chapter 2, took a long time with a lot of life events getting in my way. I hope chapter 3 comes out faster. I also hope that you enjoyed this second chapter. please leave any suggestions compliments or complaints in the comments box as is per usual. I greatly appreciate it.

Comments ( 1 )

I don't get why this story has not gotten any more attention. It's a very interesting plot having to already know what will happen, but also having to not throw off the story line. (Which he did when he made Twiligt go to Moondancers party which resulted in them arriving in Ponyville half a hour later which made them miss Pinkie.)
The only thing I can possibly complain even the slightest about is that some sentences could use some touch up.


(Sorry it took me such a long time to finally read this chapter. I havent been on fimficion in a long time. -_- )

Login or register to comment