• Published 29th May 2012
  • 2,244 Views, 41 Comments

A royal Respite - Paradise Oasis



Celestia and Luna take a day off in Coltonville

  • ...
3
 41
 2,244

rock and rhythm

rock and rhythm

"Sister... surely you didn't-" Lunette stared at the sight in front of her, disbelieving. "Please, please telleth me you did not-"

"Of course I didn't! Don't be silly, Luna!" Celeste snorted, looking back at the unconscious form of ace on the bed. "After he saw me with my horn, I mere used a small burst of magic to render him unconscious. He should be waking up right about now, in fact!"

Ace opened his eyes, shaking his mane groggily "uggghhhh... where am I? What's going on?"

"Ace! Oh, I'm so glad you're awake!" Celeste raced over to the bed and hugged him tighly. "When you passed out back in the park, I was sooo worried!"

"I passed out, so that's what happened!" Ace climbed out of bed, and stood up. "You wouldn't believe the weird dream I had!"

"It took all of Celeste and I's strength to haulest thy backside here, and get thee into bed!" Lunette picked up on the deception, without missing a beat. "Teddy and Lance did run off, after they thoughtest they hath gazed upon a 'UFO'!"

"Those turkeys! I'm gonna have to have a word with them!" Ace snorted. "Anyway, I'd better get going... Melody's going to be worried about me if she calls my house, and I'm not there!"

A concerned Luna snorted at that. "Are you sure we can't getest thou something to eat, or-" But when she looked back up, the athletic young colt was already out of the room."

"No thanks, and I'll see myself out!" He called out, galloping down the stairs. "Thanks again, girls! And see you the day after tomorrow, Celeste!" The two sisters heard the door slam as he left.

"Oh, my gosh!" Celeste exclaimed, rushing over to her closet. "Our date is in two days, I totally forgot!"

"Celeste... I thought Starlight was his old school flame, not Melody..." Lunette commented, puzzled.

"Lunette, now's not the time to be talking about what pony used to date who!" Celeste snorted, throwing clothes this way and that. "Now why don't you trot down the hall and draw me that bath, while I see if I can find us some decent clothes to wear for Friday night!"

"As thou wishest, sister." Lunette replied with a sigh, trotting down the hall.

...

"Patch, may I ask thou something?" Lunette asked, looking up at her friend. "Didest Ace used to date Melody?"

Lunette, Patch, and Bright eyes were at the lunch table at school the following day, after Jing-a-Ling and Ting-a-Ling's parents had picked them up earlier that morning. At her question, the two friends looked at each other, and nodded.

"I'm not surprised you found out about that.... considering how loose lipped the pony gossips are around here." Patch replied with a sigh. "Yeah, those two used to be a couple, until thier egos got in the way."

"Their...egos?" Lunette asked, confused. "What happened?"

"Originally, Ace and Melody were a couple, their- 'larger then life' attitudes were perfect for each other." Bright Eyes explained. "She didn't like him at first, but his jock attitude finally won her over."

"Starlight was always in love with Ace, but she could never get his attention." Patch continued, sipping her milk through a straw. "She even tried joining the soccer team to find a common intrest with him, but that kinda blew up in her face."

"But Ace got tired of Melody and her ego, and decided he could only date the 'best' filly in our group." Bright eyes snorted in annoyance. "He finally took Starlight up on her crush, and traded one filly for another."

"And now he hath tired of Starlight, and wisheth to move on to mine sister!" Lunette snorted angrily. "Why, that foul knave! That creep of a colt!"

"And what's making it worse, is what you're sister is doing to get his attention." Bright Eyes leaned over the table, a smile on her face.

"W-what dost thou mean?" Lunette asked nervously.

"You mean you don't know?" Patch asked in a surprised tone. "Lunette, I play on the soccer team with Ace. I think you'd better come with me to practice, and see this for yourself."

"Very well." Lunette replied, taking her empty tray back to get washed. "I shall go with thee to thine practice."

...

Lunette saw Patch, Ace, and the others gallop out onto the field, and assume thier positions for soccer practice. As she stared across the large green field, she saw the ponies kick the ball back and forth. Luna was well familiar with this game of soccer- which the Equestria ponies called football- but the way these Coltonville Ponies played! Oh, the skill with which the two teams kicked, blocked, and moved! It was almost like watching artwork in motion!

"Go Patch! Thou canst do it!" Lunette yelled from the bleachers, cheering her friend on. Football was a remarkable sport, Lunette realized... refined and far more civilized than that barbaric sport the Dream Valley ponies call football! How could anypony enjoy a spectacle where helmet- clad stallions plowed into each other over a pigskin, and buried each other in a giant pile? Lunette simply didn't get it.

Patch kicked the ball to Ace, who knocked the ball into the net.

"Way to go, Ace! whoohoo!" A voice called out from the bleachers, where Lunette saw Starlight sitting. Poor girl, the filly still harbored feelings for the guy who had dumped her... even to the point that she was cheering him on at soccer practice.

"Well, at least Celestia would never fall to that-"

"Ace! Ace! Goooooooo Ace!" A familiar voice called out from among the cheerleaders, causing Lunette's eyes to go wide in shock. There, amongst the jumping floozies, was her own sister, degrading herself in one of those silly uniforms! Could it be the day princess of Equestria, the alicorn ruler who brought up the sun each day, that was out there prancing around like a fool?

"That does it!" Lunette thought to herself. "I have tolerated this folly as long as I am able! It is time to put and end to mine sister's insanity before this situation gets even worse!"

It was at that point, that Lunette saw three colts sitting over in the bleachers, talking amongst themselves. Two of the ponies - Lancer and Teddy- she knew, but the third one- a boy with a blue coat and purple mane- the filly had never seen before.

"Dude, ya gotta get over her!" Lancer told the unfamiliar colt. "She's totally gone on Ace now! Even if he doesn't care about her anymore!"

"There's more girls out there, Slipknot!" Teddy snorted at the depressed colt with the knot-tying cutie mark. "Don't let that loser filly get to you, man!"

"I-I don't know, guys!" Slipknot replied with a sigh. "The way we talk together, the way we performed at the roller dance competition... I always thought Starlight and I would make a perfect pair!"

"You can do better than her, man!" Teddy reassured him. "There's two many fillies in the corral for you to concentrate on just one!"

"Yeah, just forget about her!" Lance advised him. "Time to move on with your life!"

As she watched these three colts, Lunette began to scheme about not only about what to do with Bright Eyes and Lancer, but how to help out Bright Eyes and this Slipknot... as well as bring Celestia back to her senses.

...

"Man, this concert is gonna be so awesome!" Clover squealed, as the group trotted through the turnstile. "I just know Melody and her band will be a blast tonight!"

"Thanks for inviting us to the concert with you and patch, Clover!" Celeste exclaimed, as they fillies filed through to their seats. "Lunette and I would've just been sitting at home tonight if you hadn't!"

"Yes, and we couldn't have had that!" Lunette yelled sarcastically, trying to be heard over the screaming fans, and shielding her eyes from the flashing lights with her hoof.

"The guys are at a Cleveland Bays concert tonight- though we'd have been there too, if Melody didn't have a gig, too!" Patch said with a laugh. "So I guess we'll just make it a girl's night out!"

Lunette was about to say something in response, but it was then that the curtain opened, and the spotlight came on Melody.

"Ladies and gentleman, fillies and colts." The announcer's voice came over the loudspeaker. "Presenting..... Meldoy, and the Rockin Beats!"

"Hello out there, everybody!" Melody yelled out through the microphone. "I hope you're all having a good time, cause have we got a concert for you tonight! First up, a new take on a few classical favorites from the old country!"

The crowd erupted in a series of cheers, and the band began to play. Their first number was a rock remix of 'everypony, Smile, Smile, Smile!' the song made famous by a certain long-gone pink harmony bearer. This amused the two sisters to no end, as the original song's meaning was lost in this remixed mess.

"Personally, sister... I think the Ponyville ponies did a better job with this tune." Lunette whispered to her sister, and the Rockin beats did a remix of 'Winter wrap-up."

"On that, we can agree!" Celeste whispered back, nodding her head in agreement. "Though I am eager to see what they do with the "This day" aria."

"Celeste, why didn't you tellest me you had joined the cheerleading squad?" Lunette asked her sister in a low voice. "I did not need to discover it, by seeing you out there trapaising around in a silly dress and pom poms!"

"Oh, yeah, that..." Celeste replied with a nervous laugh. "Well, Bon Bon suggested it would be a good way to get closer to Ace- y'know, common interests and all!"

"Sister, I think it's time we brought an end to this charade of yours!" Lunette snapped angrily. "You're interfering in the lives of these filly and colts, and messing up one of the most important periods of there lives! And for what? So you can feel young again!"

"Lunette, chill! We're here to have fun!" Celeste whinnied, trying to pay attention to the concert. "My flirtations with Ace aren't going to ruin his life or anything!"

"Sister, thou needest to stop living in thine dreams and in the past, thou aren't a filly no longer!" Lunette shook her mane angrily. "This flashback to thy teen years won't give you your youth back, Celestia! It won't bring Twilight Sparkle back!"

Celeste''s eyes went wide at that remark, then she gave her sister an angry look, stood up, and trotted out of the stands. Lunette started to get up and follow her, but a hoof on her shoulder stopped her.

"Let your sister go." Patch whinnied, a knowing look on her face. "She just needs some time to cool off!"

Lunette nodded, and sighed. At least the sounds of the concert had been enough to drown out her conversation with Celeste, or these earth ponies might have actually realized who was among them! Sitting back down, she resigned herself to deal with these matters after the concert.

...

"Ohhhh, I can't believe that sister of mine! The nerve of her!" Celeste fumed, trotting away from the concert. How dare she tell me I'm not acting my age! How dare she-"

"Celeste?" A voice called out from across the street, causing the angry filly to look up. There, trotting up from the bus stop where they had been let off, was Teddy, Lancer, and Slipknot- a colt that Celste had seen at the practice.

"Celeste, why are you out here, babe?" Teddy asked in a confused tone. "I thought you went to the concert with the other Girls?"

"I left the concert early." Celeste whinnied, shaking her mane. "Where's Ace? I thought he was with you guys at the Bays concert!"

"Nah, he stayed at the concert, we decided to come back early!" Lance whinnied, noticing the look on the filly in front of his face. "Something wrong, Celeste? You look troubled!"

"It's a loooong story, boys!" Celeste snorted trotting up to them in frustration. "But if ya wanna go to the malt shop, I'll tell ya what I can!"