• Published 12th Sep 2015
  • 411 Views, 1 Comments

You have to be joking - Moonlit Path



When Celestia goes missing, Six ponies must find her and fast. The only problem, One has P.T.S.D, two about to go crazy, and then there is Pinkie Pie.

  • ...
4
 1
 411

It can't be true

"Get her!" Shining Armor yelled running down the hallway at the Canterlot castle. Shining Armor, Cadence, Twilight, and the rest of the mane 6 had been invited to the castle for a small party with Celestia and Luna. Unfortunately only Shining Armor, Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Applejack and Pinkie Pie were the only ones able to make it.

"Wait! It's not what you think" The changeling called out

"What did you do with the Princess!"

"If you would listen to me for a moment without trying to rip my head off!" The changeling yelled back. It was then a squad of Royal Guard ponies blocked off the hallway and tackled the changeling to the ground.

"Take her to a holding cell" Shining Commanded. Without a word, Shining put a a sedation spell on her and she was taken to a holding cell. Shining ran over to Twilight who was in the corner crying and holding Celestias crown like it was Mr. Smarty pants. "It ok, we will find her. I pinkie promise." He told her calmly while holding his sister. A moment later the others came in. Without saying a word the girls ran up to comfort Twilight. A few minutes later, she was finally calmed down enough to try to talk.

"What happened?" Rainbow asked trying to make heads and tails of the destroyed bedroom and hall

"Princess Celestia is missing." Shining said. He knew if Twilight started talking about it, then she was going to have a mental breakdown again. Can you blame her though? Her hero, teacher, and basically mother has gone missing, and she couldn't do anything.

After the shock of what he just said had gone by Rarity had been the first to speak up. "Start from the beginning darling, Whatever happened, and where did the princess go?"

Deciding that honesty would be best he didn't even second guess what he was going to say. "I'm not exactly sure. I was walking down the hall and heard Twiley screaming. I ran into the room and saw a changeling hovering above her, and Twilight was in the corner crying; holding Celestias crown. Her horn was somehow broken before I go here, so I don't think she could fight back, or If she did, it wasn't very long. I think she is in shock, she hasn't said anything yet."

"What happened in the room and hallway then?" Rainbow asked looking around at the destruction.

Twilight finally tried to speak. "A, a, a cha-changeling had" and with that she started hyperventilating again. Shining hugged her again and with help of some light rocking and soothing, she started calming down again. "Prince-prince-princess is, we, we have to, I have to"

"Don't try to talk, let's go see Luna and see if she can help." Shining suggested. Twilight nodded her head in agreement, but he noticed she was having trouble standing. He used his magic to lift her onto his back so he could carry her.

"If you want surgarcube, I could carry her. You're injured and I don't want you hurtin yerself further." Applejack explained before they could start walking. Shining didn't even notice his injury but sure enough it was there. His side had been cut open by a piece of debris from the destroyed bedroom. Looking a little pale as soon as he saw it (He doesn't do good with blood, or anything like that), A.j decided to just take Twilight, much to Shining's appreciation. The adrenaline and shock had started to wear off and he started feeling the cut which stung badly.


Luna jumped a little when a knock came at her door. "Enter" she called.

"Princess, We need your help" Rainbow Dash said quickly. She had flown ahead of the others because they didn't want to waste any time.

"What happened?" It was then she noticed the others walking. Applejack carrying a still slightly hysterical Twilight, and Shining Armor limping in pain from his injury, the cut was bleeding badly staining his coat, and making him dizzy. He had cast a spell around it to stop any blood from getting everywhere, and to try and stop the bleeding slightly, but other then preventing a mess, it just wore out his stamina. Pinkie Pie and Rarity had already left to start looking for Celestia in secret. Not wanting to waste time, she teliported everypony to her bedroom. She started a healing spell on Shining before turning to Applejack and Rainbow Dash. "What happened?"

"Where not entirely sure what happened, but Celestia is missing. Something about a changeling, Shining armor came in just long enough to catch her, but has no idea what happened. When he found her, Twilight was already like this, holding the Princeses crown. We came in after he captured the changeling." Rainbow explained. Luna took a deep breath trying to figure out what to do. She looked over to Applejack who was trying despritly to calm Twilight who was still holding the crown.

"You said that Shining Armor managed to capture the changeling?"

"Yes" The farmer confirmed.

"I wish to talk to her. Where is Pinkie Pie, and Rarity?"

"They started searching for Celestia. They swore to not let anypony know what was going on." Rainbow explained looking out the window with hope of seeing anything.

"Why don't you and Applejack join them? I will take care of these two." Luna told them. She could see they were worried about the Princess, and she couldn't let them see how worried she was about her sister, (even though she knew she could take care of herself), so she hoped that having them join the search would help calm everypony slightly. After all helping is better then doing not doing anything.

"Thank you" R.D and A.J chorused. Applejack laid Twilight on the bed and gave her a big hug telling her that they will find her before running off.

After Luna finished healing Shining Armor, she turned her attention to Twilight. "Shining Armor, go down and see if you can get that bug to talk." She camanded him. "I need to help Twilight, then I will join you."

"Are you sure Princess? I would feel better if I could stay here, just in case there are more of them."

"I can protect myself, but we can not be wasting time. Our number one priority is to find Celestia before ponys notice her missing, and start panicking."

"Yes princess." and with that Shining was gone.

Looking at Twilight Luna touched her horn to hers and started casting a healing spell and a advanced calming spell that would make even Pinkie Pie look like Maud. "How are you feeling?"

"Better, thank you princess." Even with the calming spell twilight still looked like she was ready to start crying again. It must have been bad, she had never seen Twilight like this before. If the Calming spell can't hold her, the next step would be sedation before she ended up hurting herself.

"Can you tell me what happened?" Luna asked gently wrapping a wing around Twilight.

"A-a change-changeling came and cast a spell on us. The princess casted a barrier spell around me, and-and a white light blinded us. I was knocked unconscious for a moment and when I woke up, I saw that thing, that changeling covered in blo-blood where the prince-princess was, and her regalia on the floor. I-I don't know what happened, then when she started flying towards me, I tried casting a spell, but my-my horn had cracked, so I ended up just screaming. A minute late Shining had, Shining found me, and he called the guards who arrested her." With that Twilight broke down crying again. "I'm sorry, If I had noticed her sooner, I could have prevented everything. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry" Twilight just kept repeating I'm sorry over and over again while starting to hyperventilate. Luna reached out to try and calm her, but she only backed up and fell off the bed; hitting her horn and breaking it further, almost breaking it off.

"Twilight you need to calm down." The moon princess asserted in a calm and soothing tone

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry"

Scared that Twilight was going to hurt herself further, and knowing that her horn had to be fixed she saw no other choice, Luna levitated Twilight in the air, and casted a sedation spell on the petrified unicorn. After Twilight was fast asleep, Luna took the crown from her and put it in her safe so she could make sure that nothing happened to it. She then brought her down to the castle hospital where the doctors could help her.

"What happened to her?" The doctor asked running up to Luna. She wasn't even inside before they noticed Twilight on Lunas back, unconscious.

"She was in hysteria, and her horn is broken. I cast a sedation spell, because she was just breaking through my calming spell; I didn't want her hurting herself further. I wish to preform a spell to fix her horn, but I will be hard on her body, so I will need help. She is already asleep, but she will need to be watched for a few hours after she wakes up to make sure that the spell worked correctly, and didn't harm her further. I just used mild sedation so she should be awake in less then a hour." Luna explained to the doctor, making sure to not let it slip why she was in hysteria in the first place.

"Of course princess. Give us a second to do a physical and set her up with a IV and on a monitor. She is dehydrated and depending on how long she was in hysteria, she might have low oxygen levels." Luna nodded in agreement, and they brought Twilight to a bed, and set up everything they needed. Luna stood by patiently and waited for her cue to preform the spell. It was ten minutes before she could do it safely, and she was trying not to let them see how worried she was. "You can preform your spell now, princess."

"Thank you doctor, for everything. I need you to hold her down please." With that the doctor held her head, and the nurses the rest of her body, although they weren't sure why. Luna touched her horn to Twilights and cast the spell. Almost immediately she started seizing rather violently while her horn slowly started repairing herself. It was a huge strain on everypony involved, and it only took about three -very long- minutes before she was finished, and in the end everpony fell on the floor exhausted, including Luna. (The repair spell was a very advanced technique that Star Swirl himself even had trouble with.)

"That's why you had us hold her." The doctor said finally catching his breath and chuckling slightly (not from it being funny, but the because of the situation in general and he was relieved it was over)

"Can you watch over her? She should be ok now, but just to be safe?"

"Of course princess" The doctor assured her

Luna thanked them all again and headed down to the holding cell, where she saw two sleeping guards, and a sleeping Shining Armor. "Where is the changeling?" Luna yelled in the royal Canterlot voice noticing the empty cell. The guards didn't budge. Casting a spell she noticed that they were under a sedation spell, and judging by the magic left over it was her sisters sedation spell. "Did Celestia free the changeling?" she asked herself, casting a reverse spell. The guards would wake up in about five minutes, she used her magic to write a quick note saying go straight to the barracks, before leaving to go back to the hospital. She has a million things going through her head, and none of them made since.

Talking to herself she could only manage two words "What happened?"


"Where am I?" Twilight asked waking up after two hours.

"The hospital" The doctor answered walking up to her "Do you remember what happened?"

"Yes and no. I remember talking with Luna, and then I woke up here." She said scrunching her face into a rather adorable thinking expression.

"You were experiencing hysteria, so Luna put a mild sedation spell on you so that you wouldn't hurt yourself further. She then brought you here, and fixed your horn." The doctor explained looking over her to make sure there wasn't any other injuries.

"Thank you so much, but I really must get going. I have something important to do."

"Not yet Twilight Sparkle, you need to rest for a little longer." Luna walked through the door, and was relieved to see Twilight back to normal. Although she had a strange feeling the calming spell was still in effect.

"Has anypony found...."

"No, not yet. Everypony is still looking though. We will find her." Luna interrupted before the doctors and nurses found out Celestia was missing.

"And the"

"She managed to escape. Our main priority is finding you know who, then we will go after that bug."

"How did she escape?!"

" I do not know" She made a quick decision not to tell Twilight the truth with her uncertain of Twilights current mental status,." Rest now, we have a long night ahead of us." Giving her a quick nuzzle Luna turned to leave and try and find anything, and ask the others how the search is going. She opened the door and turned around to face Twilight "I'll come back and get you, until then you are to stay here. Doctor, she is NOT allowed to leave without me."

"Yes princess, we will not let her leave until your return." With that Luna finally left and the doctors exchanged worried glances wondering who was missing, and why wasn't Celestia here to help her student?

Author's Note:

This is going to hopefully be a three part story (three chapters), :derpytongue2: (four at the most) but I promise it will get better. :twilightsmile: Thank you so much for reading, and I hope you enjoyed:pinkiehappy: