• Published 9th Sep 2015
  • 357 Views, 2 Comments

Flutters of Pony and Pet - Ponyess



Angel Bunny was one of Fluttershy’s pets, but who is he really, if you saw through all that white fur and the adorable name? When Fluttershy is given the opportunity let him out, he is sure to let you know.

  • ...
5
 2
 357

The Initial Gift: 1

Once Pinkie Pie had learned the secret Fluttershy had been hiding. She knew she had to help her friend out. What was she to do in order to help her with the hidden problem? How. Of course she had to give her the bridge to the other side. It ended up being a necklace, not too different from the one of her element of kindness, the one she had been forced to give up. We had all given these elements up in order to save the tree of harmony.

Incidentally, it would look more or less identical to her old one, with the butterfly on the front. The gem has the colour of her butterflies, though. The more surprising notion is; what would be the looks of the one for Angel. Would he even have a mark as a Pony, if and when he chose to wear his.


Once she had managed to get her hooves on what she had in mind for her friend, she bounced off to Twilight Sparkle in order to have it enchanted. Twilight was the natural choice in this case, knowing her affinity with magic and enchantments. But alas, Twilight did help her friend, just as Pinkie Pie had foreseen. There could be no way around it.

After thanking her friend, she was off, bouncing to the cottage, where she had to leave the gift and promise. The one home is Angel Bunny. What a surprise? he is almost always there, it is his home too, and he is the Pet. A Pet doesn’t leave his home unsupervised, after all.


As I came home from town, I hear hooves from inside my home. The stallion opening the door looking curiously at me.

“Greetings, Fluttershy. Welcome home!” Angel greeted me in a deep voice.

“Hi..” I responded, peering at the stallion before me, not quite sure as to what to make out of it, or him.

“Oh, sorry. I am Angel Bunny. Just not a little Bunny right now!” he responded in the same deep voice.

“Angel? Is that truly you?” I responded as I closed the door behind me.


“Look, Pinkie Pie came over with a gift for the two of us. She told me Twilly had enchanted it for her!” he pointed out, pointing his right fore hoof at the necklace, resembling the one I had given up in order to save the tree of harmony all these many a moon ago.

“But, didn’t I give up my old element?” I responded.

“Of course, and it is still with the tree where you and your friends left the elements. These are entirely new and utterly different. Try yours on, would you? She promised that it would fulfil one of your dreams!” Angel pointed out.

“Okay!” I submitted, while I noticed his mark, a shimmering white ring, with equally shimmering wings.

I accepted the necklace, and permitted him to help me putting it on. I felt a surprisingly comfortable and comforting feeling from the touch and wearing it. Initially it may just be a piece of jewelery crafted out of precious metal, but there is more than meets the eye in the included enchantments soon to reveal itself as he finalised the locking of the clasp behind my neck.

A necklace worn like this. It looks like the element and the necklace the Princesses; Celestia and Luna are wearing every day. Only mine came with the butterfly, just like the once on my flank.

“You look great, Fluttershy. Almost like a Princess!” Angel pronounced in a proud voice.

“Thanks, Angel!” I responded.


“If you place your hoof on the mark, you should be able to control the enchantment. Right hoof for Pony, and left hoof for Pet!” he then explained.

“Now, isn’t that too simple a trick?” I inquired.

“Yes, that is what I thought too. Yet, the actual trick is that no others could change it on you. This is yours, Fluttershy!” he responded.

Then I looked past his face, only to see the mark on his flanks as well. His name is still Angel, even as a Pony. As Pony, he is now a large white Stallion, which I guess is logical, after all. I think I would have been more scared, had it changed him into a mare.

Another detail I noticed is that his back is bare. He is an Earth Pony. Yet, as a Bunny, he never had wings, why would he have them now as a Pony? Just because he lives with me, a Pegasus? That wouldn’t make sense, at least not to me.

Of course, it is natural that he could never be or become the element of Kindness. I am Kindness. Yet, that isn’t why. He simply is not inspiring it in others. Isn’t that the difference between being kind and being the element of kindness?


“It will be strange to have a Pony and Stallion by my side to share my home with, Angel. I am used to having you with me, but you were always the Bunny before. Of course, there are numerous other issues to get used to!” I pointed out.

“How do you think it feels like for me? I was used to being that Bunny, for you to care for me all day and every day. Now I can care for you equally. I can help you with things and stand up for you in the manner only a grown Stallion ever could!” he pointed out with a hint of a snicker on his voice.

“Now, there is something to get used to. I think I can live with that, though. Maybe you could be the Stallion in my life, the one who stands up for me me like none ever did before!” I responded.

“I could very well imagine that. Would be an honour for me to be there for you and protect you!” he responded.


“Would I be a good pet for you, Angel? I hope I will. I would love to have you petting me, for a change!” I pointed out as a matter of fact.

“I hope you will, but you need to change, before I could do that, you know!” he pointed out.

With that, I placed my hoof on the mark in order to give it that one first whirl. Only to feel myself shrink down to the size of a Pet. I found myself in roughly the same size as my Bunny Angel had been before, only now he is the size of a fully grown Stallion. A large one at that.

“You are smaller than a little filly like Scootaloo. So cute and adorable. I hope you will enjoy me petting you as much as you imagined from that dream!” he put forth.

--- --- ---

Author's Note:

Fluttershy's POV