• Published 10th Sep 2015
  • 142 Views, 0 Comments

Sleeping Sparks Awaken to Fire - supersmashfighter



A new flame flickers to life in Ponyville in the form of a mysterious pony. The question is: Would this mean good tidings or utter disaster?

  • ...
 0
 142

Prologue: The Fires Burn Out

More than 5000 years ago...

An ancient spirit known as the Banshee's Flame was plotting to destroy all of Equestria and rebuilding it into his own image. Enraged by the very notion of his actions, the other spirits launched a full scale assault, ultimately defeating their corrupt adversary. Realizing the threat this monstrosity could pose on Equestria, the Elder Spirits chained him to the very ground, and built a holding chamber to ensnare the Banshee's Flame's powers. Ever so enraged, the dark spirit vowed that one day, he would be free, and that everyone who defied him would suffer the consequences.

Every day of his sentence, he would lure an unsuspecting creature, be it a pony, griffon, or any other sentient being into his holding chamber and possess their body, turning them into his vessel. However, what he did not count on, was the fact that his own flames were so hot, that they burned the minds of his hosts, destroying their bodies entirely, forcing him to return to his prison. And so, the Banshee's Flame waited for the one chance that would be his escape. For centuries he waited and yet nothing that entered his chamber survived his wicked flames. Until the dark day had finally come.

One day, a young kirin wandered into the mouth of the chamber on his own, unaware of the dark secret that it withheld. Taking the chance, the dark spirit clung unto the young kirin's body like a child clings to its mother. Surprisingly, the young kirin's body was resilient, so much so that his body and mind were both still intact by the time the possession was complete. By this time, the spirit knew he had found the perfect vessel to inhabit. To make sure that the kirin would not force his body to resist his control, the Banshee's Flame bound the kirin in his mind with chains of fire and magma to prevent him from moving. Granted the chains did little more than annoy the Kirin, but they still did their job. And so, a terrible evil was unleashed upon the peaceful lands of Equestria once more.

In but a few days, more than half of Equestria had burned to the ground. Those that tried to flee from the possessed kirin were burned on the spot by columns of fire. Everywhere the vessel walked, the path he tread burned until nothing was left. From those who survived the onslaught, they dubbed the new terror of their world "The Demon Kirin." Day in and day out from within the kirin's mind, he could only watch in horror as his body was forced to do unspeakable acts of horror and destruction. Fortunately, the spirit hated water. Not tiny droplets or a glass of water, but rather massive bodies of water like rivers, lakes, and oceans. Whenever he did reach these areas, he would simply shout and cuss words that if the Spirit were a child, his tongue would've been scrubbed so hard that it would be chrome in color. Afterwards, he would calm himself and move on to the next area.

Realizing the massive threat, the greatest nations of Equestria banded together and sent their greatest heroes from among the most daring of warriors, ranging from centaurs, dragons, ponies, sirens, and even draconequus' and diamond dogs. Yes, even diamond dogs. Only fourteen were selected for the task, but they knew that it would be enough. However, the king and queen of the Dragon kingdoms were worried for it was not just any other kirin that was possessed by the evil spirit, it was their son, the crowned prince. Granted he never took a liking of the title and was almost always out and about on quests and adventures. They had heard recently that their son had been troubled, but they knew not why, but they felt that it had something to do with a great loss in the child's life.

The heroes confronted the The Demon Kirin in a burnt town not far from the Canterlot and the battle commenced. Although the heroes were tough, the Demon Kirin was stronger, faster, and more resilient than they could ever be. Realizing they were outmatched, the heroes decided to gather all of their power together and blasted the Demon Kirin with enough magical might to blow away more than half of the continent. The Banshee's Flame, losing all of it's strength from the concentrated magic, finally burnt out and dispersed for good. At long last, the battle was over.

But not without a cost.

After destroying the evil spirit for good, something had happened to the kirin. It turned out that while he was possessed by the spirit, he had absorbed most of its energy, which resulted in the spirit having less power than before. However, not all of the power he received was good. In addition to the strengths, such as the ability to summon fire at will, he also gained some of the weaknesses. One such being a terrible curse, which would allow him to survive even the most harshest of blows and survive as well as regenerate from the pain, but he would feel the force of every single lethal attack and writhe in agony. Henceforth the curse was called "Eternal Suffering."

Then, before the heroes could celebrate the safe return of the prince of the dragons, a surge of magical energy erupted from the battlefield, causing a rupture that opened a tear through space and time. That's what happens if too much magic from multiple sources collide with each other. The kirin, still weakened from the magical blast, was sent hurtling into the vortex, with the heroes reaching out to him in a desperate attempt to rescue him. But alas, it was all in vain as the the kirin disappeared into the vortex, and then sealing itself up like a zipper on a sweater.

The heroes were victorious, but they felt in their hearts that they knew they had failed.

The king and queen of the Dragon kingdoms were devastated to hear that their son was lost for good. The other kingdoms sent as much relief as they could to make up for their loss, but nothing had worked. As if the lands could feel the pain, it rained for months on end, with no signs of stopping. A funeral was held a few days after the heroes had returned, and the kirin was designated as one of those who were lost to the Demon Kirin's onslaught. And so the prince was lost forever to the sands of time, never to be heard from again.

Until now...

Author's Note:

Hey everypony! Welcome to the first story of a series that I have planned for a really long time and am now just starting on FImfiction! Now before you say anything negative, I just want to say that more will be explained as I continue with the story, such as who the 14 heroes are, what exactly happened to the Banshee's Flame, and why the kirin was so important to the story, so just calm yourselves until then, okay? Anyways, thanks for reading and leave a like if you want! Also, if you dislike this story for any reason, please give me some constructive criticism, and I'll try to change this story for the better. Once again, Thank you very much!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment