• Published 31st Aug 2015
  • 514 Views, 15 Comments

MinePony: Crafting is Magic - IMNOTHERE889



From the grass to the crearures, Equestria has changed a lot since a secret government project went ary.

  • ...
1
 15
 514

Night

"Quick!!! Get as much wood as ya can!" Big Mac said to Derpy.

"Alright!" Derpy said, running outside. She chopped down trees and collected their stuff as quick as whe could. Big Mac placed the furnace next to the crafting table and quickly started smelting (is that the right word for this?) one of his leftover logs using his leftover planks. The furnace lit up, illuminating the part of the house it was in. The darkening of the day was obviously making it dark. Derpy came in shortly after, shutting the door behind her. Stars had already started appearing in the sky, and the sky was darkening by a horrifying rate.

"I got a stack and twenty-one! Ill quickly make them into planks!"

"When yer done, fill the hole in our roof!"

"Got it!"

Derpy was putting the wood next to the third block of the wall, creating a roof. It was getting darker every second and more stars appeared in the sky. Big Mac was sitting in front of the furnace, waiting for an important item. The second the log was finished smelting, he took the new item, charcoal, and made four torches. Everytging seemed to slow down as Derpy placed the last block of the roof, Big Mac placed the torch in tbe centre of the house, the sun disappeared behind the hills, and the moon peeked up from the ground.

Then everything went eerily quiet.

Its as if Marecus Piersson himself muted the entire land. Derpy slowly stepped back, and found herself gripping onto Big Macintosh for comfort, due to this sudden fear of silence. Derpy was shaking in fear.

A sudden strong gust of wind seemed to go through the land, shaking the branches and leaves of the nearby trees, and threatening to burst open the doors of the two ponies' house. Then, as quickly as the wind came, it disappeared. Then they heard them.

The sounds.

A throaty moan was heard, muffled through the walls of the house. The sound of a bone cracking made Derpy sick to the stomach. A strange hissing sound, as well as something large climbing up one side of the house. One sound stood out from the rest, though. It was kindof like vrrip vrrp, and was soon accompanied by a weird mixture of an alien sound and a feminine giggle. It was soon accompanied by the sound of somepony teleporting. Derpy was quaking in Big Mac's grip, the latter trying to comfort the former by stroking her mane in reassurance.

What they heard next caused their faces to pale, breath to cut short, eyes to widen, and blood turn cold. A loud banging. Coming from the door. The throaty moans were heard in mass, especially by the door. Upon further observation, Big Mac saw what--or rather, who--had decided to come knocking on their door. They were ponies. And not just any ponies, at that you are wrong, but rather, ponies that everypony seemed to know. But, something seemed off about them. Probably due to the fact that they were ZOMBIES.

The most notable was wearing a torn up cowpony hat.

Big Mac stared at disbelief at the pony at the door. His own sister, turned into a monster of the night. There were other notable examples; Spitfire, Starlight Glimmer, Fancypants, Trenderhoof, Mayor Mare, Colgate or Minuette, whichever you prefer, and Lyra Heartstrings. How some of them got here is completely beyond me.

Big Mac brought up a shaky hoof to his hotbar, and taps on the square containing his sword. Derpy did the same, although even more shaky. They got to their hooves, having been sitting down previously, and readied themselves for the zombie horde that awaited them outside, and who were currently breaking down their doors. Eventually, they knocked down one of the doors, and made their way inside. Derpy let out a warcry, and plunged her sword into the throat of a zombie. The zombie seemed unfazed, only opening its mouth to show off its rotting teeth and horrifying breath. Derpy gagged at the stench, but quickly gather herself. She removed her sword from the zombie's throat. She brought her sword up, and ended up slicing the zombie in half due to the sheer force of her strike. Zombie juices sprayed everywhere, and Derpy shielded her eyes and mouth from it with her free foreleg to avoid infection.

Derpy quickly lowered her foreleg to steady herself and chopped off a different zombie's head. Derpy didn't even feel any emotion, just fear. But the adrenaline was quickly consuming that, turning it into strength. Derpy continued killing zombies, Big Macintosh following suit. But, when one zombie was left, Big Mac couldn't bring himself to killing her. The zombie I'm talking about is AppleJack. But, soon, Big Mac's mind was screaming at him, SHE'S A ZOMBIE! SHE'S NOT. REALLY YOUR. SISTER! JUST DO IT!, so, he drived the sword into Applejack's forehead, straight to the brain. She fell to the floor, even more lifeless than she already was. Soon after, her body vanished, leaving behind an item called rotten flesh. Since the one door was wide open, that left space for more monsters to waltz in without being invited first.

Thats when there was a sudden pain in Derpy's left shoulder. The one facing the door. Derpy screamed out in pain and fell to the floor. Big Mac quickly went and put a new door where the old one was, then went to Derpy's aid. He lay her down next to a wall. Derpy was on the verge of tears, breathing heavily, and blood was quickly seeping out of her shoulder and staining her grey fur. She suddenly felt another pang of pain as something was pulled out of her shoulder by Big Mac. She looked down to the floor to see an arrow with the tip covered in blood. Her blood.

Derpy blacked out right then.

--------------------

Derpy's eyes fluttered open. She smacked her lips a couple of times before looking around. She was in the house, and it was light out. Her memories of last night were very fuzzy, so she didn't know what happened right at the end. She looked down and saw that she was in a bed with a red, silky blanket. She looked to the other side of the room to see a similar sight, a red bed with a blanket she could only imagine was as nice as hers. She looked at herself, noticing that there were bandages on her left shoulder. She got out of bed, only to wince in pain when she pressed her weight on her shoulder. Just then, Big Mac walked through tbe front door.

"Good mornin', sleepyhead." Big Mac greeted in a cheerful tone.

"Good morning, Big Mac," Derpy replied with a yawn.

"Derpy, ah have amazin' news."

"Oh, yeah?"

"Ah found a village."

Current Items (Derpy)
3 Paper
1 Map

Current Items (Big Macintosh)
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
1 Map

Current Time
Sunrise, wakey, wakey!

Author's Note:

I'm excited to get started on the next chapter. Mostly because of the cliché 'gathering at a bar to find out what the heck is going on' and because my OC will cameo in it.
But anyway, once again, please point out any mistakes I've made! It really helps.