• Published 30th Aug 2015
  • 440 Views, 10 Comments

I... - Mortomis Reaper



You come home to find an old stained letter on your desk. It is written in messy black ink and the strangest part is, its has no information on it, and there is no senders name on it, it simply starts with I...

  • ...
 10
 440

The Letter

I...have no relocation of how I came to be born this world. I merely awoke in a cold inky abyss of darkness, and that is how I came to be. It was new to me but it felt like where I belonged, in the frigid vacant abyss, but it was only I in that place, no warm embrace of what you ponies call a mother, or a sibling, no form family to claim my own, the Shadows were my family...and it is there I reside. I am never seen by anypony, I am never heard by anypony, I am never though of by anypony, and I am never spoken of anypony, and I prefer my life this way, you shall never know that I was there. I sometimes watch you, and you ponies amuse me sometimes, for I have eyes and ears in every location shrouded in my umbra.

I...love the night for it is during that time of the day that I am able to roam freely through your world...and watch you from the darkest corners of the room as you sleep, but you would never know it for when you turned on the lights I had already retreated back to the darkness like I was never there. I love watching you ponies, you fascinate me, our lives so different, you ponies reside and bathe in the light your manes shinning and eyes glittering from the suns amber aura. I on the other hand bathe in darkness, breath it, taste it, create it, my mane has no shine it is only jet black, my eyes hallow, not able to emit a glimmer of their own. The life I live is darkness and you may play out your facade and pretend that you are hallucinating that nothing is in the dark with you but there is, and that is I watching you. I sometimes make sounds, to make you paranoid as I study your reactions and silently laughing to myself.

I...have watched you ponies for millennia lurking in the shadows of Equestria and beyond, and have birthed many creatures and phantasms from my dark womb that use my umbra as a tool, calling the dark recesses of your world home. You know them as monsters, but I know them as my children, and only the oldest of them all know of me, and that child only knew my embrace. I have studied pony religious texts, and stories, I see that I would be considered as a demon from tartarus, or a deity that live in Equestrias shadows. I will tell you this now that I am not either..I am something more, something more ancient, I have seen the old demons I can not say that I do not haunt their shadows as well. I have many names, from every country around your world, some may call me shadow, umbra, oscuridad, I have no one name.

I...have witnessed many try to harness my power, but in the end they always have fallen to corruption or obsession, such a case is a pony tyrant named Sombra. Even ponies like him have not seen my physical manifestation. I do not allow them to see me, and I shall always keep it that way, I prefer secrecy from you ponies, it makes my life easier now seeing that their are those who can command the sun, the pony by the name of Celestia. I have a physical form yes, but you shall never see it for if you do...then you have already sealed your fate, you can not escape me once you have seen my face for I am every where and no where always watching you. I will follow you to every end of this world until you finally succumb to my cold grasp, and then your life shall be payment for your viewing of me. I know that you may think that this letter that you have received is just some form of joke or prank by children so let me convince you a little more.

I...know what you do when your alone, I know about your very close friends, what was that pink ponys name again ? Pinkepie, I pay very close attention to you, which is why I gave you this letter, so that you may know of my existence , allowing you to know of my visit ahead of time. I am allowing you to know about my history , and to know about me, I shall shed more light on the situation before hand. I wonder if you ever remember as a foal how you would always see figures in the darkness, moving around, sometimes my blazing red glare watching from inside your closet or from under your bed. I am pleased to tell you that was I watching you as a child, and I have always watched you, like I do with everypony. I know like that when ponies age and mature, they forget that I ever existed, but in your subconscious psyche you still remember me, which is why you seem to still have some fear of the dark hidden with in,which is why you feel like you are being watched even if you are not scared of my darkness, but I am watching you. I only allow children to witness my fleshed manifestation for I know that their parents shall deny their claims of a monster stalking them at night.

I...will admit after spending millennia by my self in my home of darkness that my blackened heart yearns for the company of another heart in its midst. I have felt this way recently from watching you and the rest of pony kind for a long time now, and I have chosen you to be the one that has the privilege of being with me. I have no intention feasting on you or eradicating you like I have done with many others, no I want you to feel the caress of my pale cold flesh as my chilling hooves touch your warm coat. I want you to gaze into my hallow ink dripping eyes, and I want you to feel my tentacle like mane, I want you to become one with me and the darkness. I know you can feel me coming, I know you think that your over reacting, that your letting this letter get to you, but no that's not it at all, that's me coming for you. I am that shadow that just moved in the corner of your vision, I am that strange noise that you just herd right now in the other room, I am the reason why doors are slowly creaking open as I peek out from the darkness of there interior, I am the reason that every light in your home is flickering violently, I am the reason why your lights just shut off by themselves, I am the reason that your door is opening slowly, I am those hoof steps you hear creeping up behind you, I am that cold tingle of fear going down your spine as I breath my ice cold breath down your warm tantalizing neck, I am behind you... and I shall tell you know my favored name.....

" I...am Scáth...hehehe..."

"...Now come with me my sweet...back to the darkness ~......"

Author's Note:

Hey guys back with another fic, I suppose you could call it horror, I just wanted to make a quick and creepy fiction, so if you did not enjoy it I do not blame you. It was meant to be something short and fast to get the creative juices flowing so I hope you enjoy it to some extent :twilightblush:

Comments ( 10 )

You come home after work at sugar cube corner

It should be capitalized, and the name is two words, not three: "Sugarcube Corner".

There is no senders name

Apostrophes are your friends.

6376809

I thank you for the heads up but you lost me on the second half

6376844
Do you know what an apostrophe is?

6376854

Yes I do but I do not understand what you are trying to say, could you please elaborate more

6376809

oh wait I just understood

6376809

Also may I ask you a question ?

6376882

On the cover page how many words long does it say the story is?

6376944

I wanted to make sure the completely revised version of this story went up instead of the original, I wondered because the chapter said 1233, but the total word count said 1085, I just unpublished the chapter and republished it and the total reset

Login or register to comment