• Published 1st Sep 2015
  • 296 Views, 2 Comments

Not A Normal Week - LincolnShanna



When you wake up one morning as a pony, your whole week changes. Inspired by Vinyl-ScratchDJ17's story, "A Day As Vinyl Scratch."

  • ...
 2
 296

Chapter Two

I sighed as I stood up. Sleeping had been hard with my wings. I gasped. My interview was today! I ran out of my room and levitated the phone. I dialed Bill's number.

"Hey, princess!" Bill said.

"Hey, Billy," I sighed. "My interview is today. What do I do?"

"Aww, Oli! You are going to interview for being a Special Effects tech, right?"

"Yeah..."

"Well, your magic would be seen as special effects, right? I mean, your levitation and spells could give the boss something to think about..."

"Are you saying that I just show up in my... er... pony body?" I cried.

"Yes. Go for it, girl. YOLO."

"I guess so... Yeah, I'll do it!"

"You go for it, Twi!"

I jerked my head back like I had just been punched in the muzzle. I was Twilight Sparkle, wasn't I? I smiled.

"Well, Billy, I'll call you to let you know how it goes," I smiled.

"Okie dokie loki!" Billy replied.

I giggled. "You sound like Pinkie Pie!"

"Well, that was kinda the idea!" Billy said.

I hung up.

One hour later, I stood behind a curtain. I was on stage at the Dog and Horse Theater. It was five minutes until my interview. Technically speaking, it was a "talent show." I was going to demonstrate my... abilities, and the theater curator would decide whether or not I was fit for the job.

"Miss Unger!" called the curator. "Whenever you're ready..."

I took a deep breath. "I... I prefer the name Twilight!" I raised the curtain with my magic. I saw the curator gawking.

"How... What are you wearing, Miss Unger?" he asked.

"Um, it's, uh, my... style. I like looking like a magical creature. It puts me in the mood for special effects. Effects. Like. You've. Never. Seen. Before!" With every word, I blasted another image of one of of my pony friends into the air. First, I displayed a blue outline of Rainbow Dash. Then an orange display of Applejack, and then a pink one of Pinkie Pie. Then, I did a white one of Rarity, and then a yellow one of Fluttershy. Then, as a grand finale, I blasted a colorful one of me, wings outspread. I made the images swirl until they were moving so fast, that they were just a blur of rainbows. I hit the rainbow with a power bolt that desintigrated the rainbow. Colored flecks of light floated to the ground like confetti. I made the flecks of light join back together to make a giant, glowing outline of Princess Celestia. I was pretty impressed with myself.

The curator said nothing. He was passed out on his desk. His aide walked up to him. The curator whispered something in the aide's ear. The aide looked at me, astonished.

"He says you're hired," the aide said, smiling. "But only if you'll do that display at his daughter's birthday party next week."

"Sure!" I cried. I flew up into the air. Then I realized something: I was supposed to be wearing a costume. The men here didn't know that I was a real alicorn. I lowered myself to the ground. I blushed. "Pulleys," I lied.

"I got the job!" I yelled into the phone. "I just have to do the same routine I did at my interview at the boss's daughter's birthday party next week."

"Great, Oli, but what if you somehow lose your pony body before then?" Billy pointed out.

"Oh, well..." I hadn't thought about that. "I guess I'll figure that out when I get there."

"Okay. Good luck with that."

Bill hung up. I heard the doorbell ring. I trotted over to the door and looked through the eye-hole. Upon seeing... who was on the step, I opened the door. I felt like I knew this... person? Was that how I should describe this character?

"Well, Twilight? I have finally found you," exclaimed Princess Celestia. Two pegasi guards stood by her sides.

"Um, hi?" I said. "Come in?" I stepped aside to let the strange ponies in.

"Do you know how you got here?" Celestia asked.

"No..."

"Well, I studied your notes that I found in your library. Turns out, you were trying to finish a dimension spell that Star Swirl the Bearded had never mastered. You succeeded in reaching the human world, but you accidentally took the body of another human in the process. I am here to take you away from this world and give the poor human her body back."

"Um... Celestia?" I asked. "I am supposed to give a magical show next week. If you take me back to Equestria, I... I mean, the human part of me, will lose my job! Can I stay here until after then?"

Celestia smiled sadly. "I am sorry, Princess Twilight, but your friends are quite frantic for your return. I cannot allow you to stay here any
longer, but I can do one thing for you." The Sun Princess closed her eyes and touched my chest. I felt a strange tug in my gut. I closed my eyes. When I opened them, I was back in my human form, but there was also the pony form of me standing next to me. The pony Twilight was looking at her... my hooves, probably wondering what we was doing in the human world.

"Princess!" Pony-Me cried. She raced forward to hug Celestia.

"I am sorry, Olivia, but I must take Twilight back home now," Celestia sighed, "but you will always have a part of her inside of you."

I looked at my right index finger. The fingernail was painted lavender, the exact same color as Pony-Me's coat.

"You are aware of the saying, 'I have more power in my one finger than you have in your whole body?'" Celestia asked Human-Me.

I shook my head. "No."

"Well, even so, that is true for you. If you point your index finger, you will be able to summon Twilight's magic."

"Awesome!" Human-Me cried. I tried it. I was able to levitate a book.

"I hope that 'awesome' is a good thing?" Celestia said.

"Yes!" I replied. "It's a very good thing!"

"Now, I am sorry to say that even thought I will be taking Twilight back to Ponyville, her memories will still be in your mind. Whatever happens to her in Equestria, you will remember it, too," Celestia said.

"Oh, that's totally fine!" I replied happily. "I've kinda grown onto Twi's friends."

"Oh." Celestia looked shocked. "Well then, goodbye, Olivia Unger." She and Pony Twilight turned to leave. The guards followed suit.

"Wait!" Pony Twilight said. "Can I say goodbye?"

Celestia stopped walking and nodded.

Twilight turned around and hugged me. I had to bend down to hug her back.

"Thanks for letting me use your body, even though it was kind of wierd," Twilight giggled. She looked at me. Tears were in her eyes. "I know we were 'one' for only two days, but I feel like I know all about you already. Take care of that Billy. He's a keeper!"

"I feel the same way, Princess Twilight," I smiled. "I mean, about knowing you. I think that we will always remember each other."

Twilight cringed playfully. "Come on! If you know me so well, then you know how much I hate my title!"

I grinned. "Oops! Sorry!"

"Come along, Princess Twilight," Celestia called.

I looked at the Pony Twilight. We both laughed.

"Bye," we said in unison.

As the two princesses left my house, I closed the door. I couldn't wait to see my friends' faces when I returned! I laughed. Bill would be so disappointed when he saw me in my human form! It was kind of weird: I shared the same feelings and heart as a pony princess. I felt like I had a non-identical-identical twin...

Just then, the phone rang. It was Bill.

"Hey, Twilight!" Bill cried through the phone. "I think I just saw you and Princess Celestia flying over my house! I'm trying to get your attention, but you don't seem to see me... Wait a minute... If you're answering your phone at your house, then how are you flying over my house right now?"

I laughed. "Well..."

Comments ( 1 )

Sure! Any ideas for another fic? I'm open to ideas, everypony!

Login or register to comment