• Published 1st Sep 2015
  • 6,165 Views, 112 Comments

Kind of married to your crush - MLPFan234



At a ordinary day in class, Cheerilee signs up a task that involves two people to pretend to be a married couple and experience the feeling of how though it is to be in a relationship with another person. I get to team up with my crush, Sunset.

  • ...
29
 112
 6,165

Chapter 7

Sunset's eye's widen. There was a long silence between us. I coughed and blushed. "So..."

Sunset continued to stare at me. "So..." She replied, turning her head away.

"About that question." I said.

"Yes! I know!" Sunset sighed. "I... I have to think about this."

"Sure! Of course! Take your time!"

"How long have you felt like this...?"

There was another small silence between us.

"For a while now. Why do you ask?"

"Be-because I... I..." Sunset stammered, her cheeks turning slightly rosy. "BecauseI'minlovewithyoutoo!" she finally blurted, her blush deepening.

I blinked... Then smiled teasingly. "What was that, sunset?"

"You heard me," Sunset answered in a huff, her face becoming even redder.

I chuckled. "I suppose I did." However, her expression soon turned more serious. "But... Why didn't you tell me? I mean, you know why I didn't tell you about my feelings, but why didn't you say anything?"

"I just didn't feel comfortable doing so," Sunset Sighed. "It just feels so... Good. Ever since you kissed me at that party, it felt like ... You were meant to be."

"I'm... I'm going to do my homework now."


I groaned. "This is ridiculous."

"What's ridiculous?" Sunset asked, leaning over to me. "Is that our math homework?"

"Yeah, it is." I sighed. "I'm really, really bad at it, though."

"That's alright. I did this hours ago, It wasn't as hard as I expected. I'm really good at math, to be honest." She grinned. "I can help you out! At least I won’t be bored there. But now let’s get this done,”" she coughed, “Okay so here we have a simple equation. We get number 18x and we-” " Sunset began to explain.

Meanwhile, I couldn’t even listen; just looking at her, paying attention to every detail of her.

I just let it look too obvious: Sunset had been my crush since we met. When I realized that this feeling in my heart of being more happy when I was around Sunset— liking to hear her voice, being amazed to see how she was so… shimmering... — was normal and I discovered that I was in love.

I found that so funny; knowing Sunny for so long and only realizing she was so beautiful now. How could a person think she wasn’t amazing? In all ways. Her voice, her eyes, her style, her body, everything.

“"Now, the result.”" Finally I shook her head, hearing Sunset's voice.

"“What?”" I scratched my head. I wasn’t really hearing Sunset before… I wanted to faceplant into the table right now.

Sunset rolled her eyes, “"The result. What’s it? I literally explained everything and I’m helping you, so…?”"

I played with my fingers looking down, but then I grinned at Sunset. “"Eh… hehe… 42?”"

The girl face palmed and looked at me with a mad face, “"Really? It’s 45. Almost got it actually. But weren’t you listening?”"

“"Are you mad at me?”" I asked innocently.

Sunset grimaced at me, “"No. Yeah yeah okay… more or less. But that’s not the point. The point is… why have you been like that lately? This is annoying. Every time you just stop and stare at me like a lovestruck twelve year old!”" Wow, I’m so obvious! I shrugged. “"What’s up with you?”"

"I-I don't know." I chuckled and shrugged.

“"Okay, let’s get this over with.”" As soon as Sunset said that they went back to the paper, and I was paying attention to her. Occasionally admiring her.

I could see in Sunset's eyes that, She could see it, but she didn’t care. Maybe it was just a little passion. A phase. It was complicated to understand. Was it really true? Hopefully things won't be awkward, now that Sunset knows my feelings towards me. And She had feelings for me too. But how is this all going to work? Hopefully, we'll find a way.

We both walked to her house to have a small, sleepover. We watched an interesting movie, until Sunset began to yawn. "You tired?" I chuckled.

"Yeah, I suppose," She grinned. "Maybe we should go to sleep? School's kind of early tomorrow."

"Your right," I stood up. "We should."

Later that night, I opened my eyes as I heard footsteps coming closer. "Sunset...?" I whispered, as I raised my head from the couch. "Is that you...?"

"Yes." Sunset shuffled in place and poked her index fingers together, "I had a nightmare... And well...I Thought you could comfort me for a bit. Till I fell asleep?"

I simply nodded slightly, letting Sunset snuggle best to me. I placed my arm around Sunset's shoulder. This convinced Sunset it was alright for her to snuggle up against me. While Sunset calmed down, closed her eyes, and simply rested on my shoulder.

I couldn't help but comply as I instead sat there with Sunset in my lap still. The girl snuggling me like she was a real life teddy bear. I didn't know why she did it, but I leaned down and kissed Sunset's forehead and leaned back on the couch.

I started to close my eyes. A smile formed on my lips as I let the warm embrace help me fall asleep.


"Have you seen this picture?" Asked Applejack, shoving a picture in front of my face. "A lot of people are talking about it."

"Wait... What?!" I shouted in surprise, as I saw the picture of me in pink paint and a scared look on my face. "This is what happened at the park, that one day! Flash splashed paint on me and took a picture! I knew it!

"Is everyone talking about this?" Sunset raised her brow. I could hear concern in her soft voice. "I hope nobody laughs about it, it's not even funny."

Sadly, Sunset was wrong. Whenever I walked trough the hall, people would point and guietly chuckle at me.

I sighed. "This is simply horrifying. Hopefully, this is over soon."

"About last night," Sunset started, as she got later interrupted by Rarity.

"What, last night?" Rarity raised her brow at us. "Was there something... speacial? May I talk with you please?"

I couldn't just simply say no to her, so I shrugged and grinned. "Sure."

Rarity pulled me in closer, our faces were chose to each other and nobody else could hear us. "What happened last night?" Asked Rarity, as she demanded the answer.

"Sunset helped me with my homework, I confessed my feelings and she did the same, I stayed at her house and slept on my lap-"

"Wait, wait, wait! Confessed your feelings? And she had feelings for you? How didn't I notice this?"

"She wasn't really showing it," I laughed. "I did ask her on a date, but she still hasn't said the answer to me."

"You should give it time, darling. Give it time."


After school, Sunset and I met up, closely to my house. "Sunset, I have a very important question." I started, taking a deep breath. “I was wondering if…”.." I swallowed nervously. “Sunset, "I was wondering if… you wanted to be my special someone? Like a girl... friend?”"

I closed her eyes, cringing. There was no going back now. For better or worse, I had said those words, and now our relationship would forever be changed.

Sunset was silent for a good minute. She turned the statue over in her hands, careful not to break it. “"I..I don’t know what to say…”."

My face fell, and Sunset hastened to comfort me. “"N-no, I mean…I’m not saying no, I’m just…I’m a bit overwhelmed.”" She looked to the side shyly. “"Nopony has ever shown an interest in me in that way before. I’ve always assumed it was because I was unattractive.”"

I tentatively reached out and cupped Sunset's face softly, turning it to look at her. “"You’re not unattractive to me.”"

"“I’d be willing to try for you. You mean a lot to me too.”"

“"So, um... …is this the part where we kiss?”" I squeaked out.

Sunset smirked. “"Do you want me to kiss you?”"

“…"Uh... yesss?" I deeply blushed.

So she did.

It was a brief kiss, soft and gentle- This was very different than the one at the party. This was something much more special, and she wasn't going to screw it up.

Reluctantly, she pulled away from my lips, gazing into my wide eyes. “"You have no idea how long I’ve wanted to-mmph!”"

She was surprised as I cut off her boasting with a second kiss.

Then I finally ended it.

"Do our friends know?"

"Only Rarity. I suppose we'll have to announce this to them?"

"I suppose so." Sunset chuckled.

Author's Note: