• Published 2nd Sep 2015
  • 143 Views, 0 Comments

The Life - Godzillafan2100



Have you ever thought about crossing to a world that was not your own?

  • ...
 0
 143

Chapter 1-2: Things Betwixt, A New Day

Chapter One: Things Betwixt

Grass.

That was the first thing I could remember. Grass, at least small patches of it. Not green, not new, not full of life, just grass. With a few twigs lying in it as well. I blinked once, twice, and waited for my eyes to adjust. The entire world was sideways at first, until I realized I was just laying on my side. Still blinking, I slowly lifted myself off the ground and sat up, brushing a bit of the dirt from my face. A few moments after my eyes had adjusted, I decided to observe my surroundings, so as to decipher where in the world I was. It was...dark. Very dark. Not pitch black, just dark. Through the darkness I could make out the faint outlines of trees, many trees. Trees all around me. With even darker leaves. Must be a forest. But, there weren’t any forests around where I lived. Then again, where did I live? Who was I? Where was I?

“Well I’m not gonna find out by just sitting here.” I thought to myself. I slowly stood up to my fe- wait, these weren’t feet. Or if they were they’re definitely stiff. I tried wiggling my toes, but it didn’t seem that I had any. I started getting a bit worried, so I tried moving my hands and fingers around to see if they had been affected as well. Nothing, it was if the individual appendages had been cut off with a saw, leaving only a stump left. I pulled my limb up to my face and rubbed it across. It was somewhat thick, stumpy and…furry? That’s right, furry. Like my entire arm had been drenched in super glue, and then covered in hair. I tried standing upright again and fell forward down on all fours. “Strange.” I thought. “Feels more...natural this way.” Indeed it did. Walking on all fours did seem more natural. And yes walking, not crawling, walking. “Guess my limbs must have shrunk as well.”

I decided to fully check myself out, to see just what my new form was. “Alright, short stubby, furry legs.” I felt around my face, feeling the individual hairs rub across and tickle my nose. Which was apparently elongated into what seemed like a snout. “Funny.” I thought. I worked my arm up to my forehead, sighing in relief. At least my head and hair were the same. Though my hair did seem to be much longer than what it originally was, since I could feel trails of it lying on my back. I then moved my arms around to my sides, stopping immediately when it brushed up against a rather big, fluffy appendages. It made me twitch a little just feeling of them. Running my stump of a hand through it. Again, fluffy, soft and…feathery? “What kinda freak am I?”

Feeling further down to my hindquarters, everything else seemed much the same. Except I had a…”A TAIL?!?!” I screamed aloud. This just kept escalating further and further without any end in sight. I had no hands or feet, my arms and legs were covered in fur, my nose had turned into something like a snout, I have what seemed like wings stuck to my sides, and I have a tail, also covered in hair. Without thinking, I instinctively darted off in the direction ahead of me, wherever that was, and just kept on running.

Leaves and branches smacked into my face as I desperately searched for a way out of this evil forest. Apparently I had been running in the right direction, since there was a small sliver of light down the path I was facing. Finally! Freedom at last! I transformed my run into a sprint, pushing each of my four limbs to their limits. In a matter of moments, I was free. I bolted out of the forest like a bat out of Hades. I laughed and cried and shouted in excitement and joy. That is, until a voiced screamed “Watch Out!!!” and I ran right into something that, from what I remember before blacking out, looked like a big wooden cart filled with apples.

Chapter Two: A New Day

I woke up, God knows when, with a splitting headache. Felt like someone was pounding a hammer into my poor skull. I groaned and hefted an arm up to my forehead, not surprised when I felt the semi-soft cloth bandages wrapped around my face. Though what did surprise me was the feeling of another place their limb on mine and move it back down from my head. “Please, save your strength. You’ve just started to heal and I don’t want you to get hurt anymore than you already have.” Came a soft, calm and overly shy voice. I obliged and, instead of pondering on who this was or why they decided to help me, returned to the sleep that was desperately calling out my name. Whatever it was.

About an hour later, I guess it was an hour though it felt like days, I woke up again, my head still pounding but not as bad as it was before. The bandages were still wrapped around my head, hindering my eyesight, seeing nothing but a white surface. Though I had lost my sense of sight, I could still feel and hear. From what I could gather from my limited senses, I was in a house. Don’t know how big, but a house. I was laying on a couch, or bed, or something, and a blanket was draped over me. Birds chirping outside briefly caught my attention, then subsided as they finished their sonnet of tweets. The sound of a door opening and closing nearby made my ears perk up, as well as the sound of footsteps coming closer to me. “How are we feeling today mister.?” Came the soft, calm feminine voice of my caretaker.

I would’ve said something, but the bandages blocked much of my face, including my mouth. The most I could utter out was a muffled “Mmmphfff”. My caretaker let out a small laugh. “Oh, sorry. I forgot those were there.” A small shadow soon passed over me, and in seconds the bandages wrapped around my head started to loosen, then fell off of my face. I opened my eyes, and the sight that was in front of me still shocks me to this day. It....it was a pony. A small, pink maned, yellow coated pony…with wings and what looked like a butterfly tattoo on its hindquarters. The expression on its face was a mixture of slight concern, shyness, and what seemed like a little bit of joy. This expression soon altered to face of utter confusion. “Huh? W-what’s wrong mister?” From what I could gather from that moment, my mouth had gaped open in horror, and my pupils had shrunk many sizes. “W-wha…wha…?” Was all I could get out at that moment. I would’ve said more, but it’d be impossible for anyone to understand it at the decibel I would’ve spoken at. I then looked down at my body, and almost fainted at the sight.

In the place of where my hands and feet would be, there instead was short, brown furry hooves.

Author's Note:

Hey Godzillafan here. The reason why I posted 2 chapters in one is (from reading the rules and regulations) "Each chapter must be a minimum of 1000 words", and the first chapter was shorter than that. Like I said I'm very new to this, so critique, suggest and comment away.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment