• Published 3rd Sep 2015
  • 4,533 Views, 67 Comments

The Equestrian Omni-Knight - Azure5555



Artix Entertainment fueled Displaced story line of a young man thrust into a world of turmoil and strife, only to be imprisoned for wanting to overthrow it's oppressive regime.

  • ...
19
 67
 4,533

PreviousChapters Next
Show's Over Pt3: Exit Stage Left

-Basement-

“Gyahah!!! Chicken Soup for the Soul!!” I cry out. Feeling rather sore, I manage myself into a sitting position and check for non existent damage to my bod- “How am I not hurt?” Taking another look, I noticed I was in full Dracopyre. “And how are my restraints not in place?”

“The fuck happened last night and MAN IT FEELS GOOD TO SWEAR! FUUCK! FUUUUUUUCK!” I dropped my head back onto the floor in primal satisfaction.

Taking a minute to breathe, I finally pick myself up off the floor, dusting the crystallized dragon blood off of me.

“Is that…” I turn to my work bench, spotting the staff in all of its new found glory. “Did I do that?”

The new staff head was shaped EXACTLY like a Dragon Amulet and bits of gold had melted onto the staff shaft proper. “What...happened last night?”

The light of day greeted me as I left the confines of my basement. Link had been outside, practicing his sword stance.

“Isn't he dreamy…”

Link swung his sword horizontally, then slices vertically, he leaps into the air and thrusts his sword downward into the ground, then quickly pulled it out, going into a backroll before getting up onto his feet and attacking the air with a rising strike. The way he was moving was like he was fighting an imaginary opponent.

It was a good thing he was a good distance away when he suddenly performed a weak spin attack, causing a ring of blue fire to follow his blade.

“Geez, you and Serenity have really dangerous taste…” I comment to my moglin.

“Pfft…” Veral scoffed. “That hussy pounces on anything with a pulse.”

“Link buddy! You got a fan girl!” I shout at the hylian and pointing a finger down on Veral.

“GAHHHH!!! NUUUU!!!” With cheeks bluer than normal, Veral begins to pound my shoulder with her paws.

Link blinked in confusion as he looked over at the Moglin. “Are you joking? I haven’t even done anything huge to gain one fan...I haven’t been this world that long, have I?” The hylian asked before swirling his Master sword and placing it back into it’s sheath with a loud clank.

“I don't know, you did rock the battlefield out there. I'm pretty sure a griffon or two will end up giving you looks.”

Link raised an eyebrow at my comment. “In a biped like me? Then again, there was that one time an Earth Pony maid had interest in me…” the hylian said as she shook his head at the memory. “She had a thing for predators.”

“Who doesn't!?” Veral said excitedly and with a come hither growl.

“Bad Moglord,” I said, tapping two fingers on her helmet. Though not at all a strong hit, it still elicited an adorable 'Doi’.

“Behave.” Link said with a shake of his head. “In anycase, I ain’t looking for any relationship and I doubt anyone would handle the truth that more than one equestria exists.”

“Multiverse yeah? Master told us ALL about how different timelines exist. Kind of a bummer we landed in one where...mm.” Veral had a happy expression turn somber, her ears folding back as she hugged her axe.

*Sigh* “Santo Cielos...come here niña.” I motioned for the saddened ghost to hug, only to have her bury her face on my chest.

Cuando este sol, se apage...tu partirás de mí...”

Link’s heart sunk at sight of the sad moglin. “I’m sorry…” he said.

“No need to apologise...if anyone needs to...it's her,” I say, pointing my thumb to Canterlot castle. “Nearly didn't make it out alive…” I whispered solemnly. “Still so many lost…”

Link took a gentle breath and sighed softly. The hylian appeared to be thinking for a moment.

*Snif* “I-I’m good now...come on, breakfast is getting cold.” Wiping away her tears (somehow managing to even produce tears) Veral phased through the door leading back into the kitchen.

I reeled back a bit, slapping my palm against my forehead. “Oh shit, Oracle...Uh, Link? About uh...one of my guests…”

“Hm? Someone else or your ghost friend?” Link asked as he files his thoughts for a later date.

“Oracle...well... I rescued her from a facility...You might know her by her original name. Zecora,”

I stand up and dust myself off, hefting the staff on my shoulder. “Her eyes were burned out by Shadow damage, but her vision was augmented because of it…Well, you’ll see.”

Making my way for the door, my senses were assaulted by the smells of peppered potatoes, pancakes, and lots...and lots of sugar. So far, the smell of pancakes is what drew the hylian’s attention the most.

“So she kind of got the Daredevil treatment?” Link guessed.

“Yeah only it also drove he-” I was then jumped by a mound of black and white overgrown zebra mane.

“TEEEEEDDYYYYYY!!!!” Oracle cheered as she held me in a bear hug.

“Teddy?” Link asked, snorting in minor amusement as he was trying to hold back his laugh.

Ruffling her mane, I turn Oracle around so that she faces Link. “Look into those eyeless sockets and tell me she's not the most adorable thing you've ever seen.”

“Uuhh.. well..” Link began, he sounded like he didn’t want to lie. “In her own unique way I suppose.. Is she happy the way she is?” The hylian asked.

Oracle just seemed to hang limp in my grasp until a wide grin covered her face as she stuck out her fore hooves.

“PUPPY!”

I may have died on the spot, if only from the shear hyena's laugh I gave.

“Puppy?!” Link said as he took one step back. “What, are you seeing my wolf’s form or something?”

She had me lean her in closer to Link’s face, just enough to boop his nose. “I can see you~” She said, accentuating each word with the tilt of her head.

“But that doesn’t explain why you see me as a puppy instead of a hylian.” Link said as he looked over at me. “Care to explain?”

I shrugged non-chalantly. “Don't look at me, she called the last guy a puddle.”

Link frowned slightly at this. “I think the Shadow did more to her than just her eyes..” he said worryingly.

“Yeah... I'm hoping I can mend her mind once I recreate the Soulweaver armor.”

“And hopefully her knowledge of alchemy is still intact.” Link said as she looked at Zecora. “It's nice to meet you though.”

She gave him a happy smile as she hopped out of my grasp.

Leading the way to the dining area, I took note of the six changeling's from the night before all dressed as butlers or maids. Trixie and the first changeling I found had been giving the new group a run down of sorts.

Paying no mind to the fact that this was probably Veral's fault, I took my seat and began to fiddle with the staff. “I uh...blacked out last night. Anybody wanna fill me in?”

Veral floated on by, a stacked plate on her paw. “You mean the part where you “Jammed a foreign object into your chest”? Or where you shoved forty Dragon Coins down your throat?”

“I did what now?”

“Hold up, what? I don’t recall the Battleon or Dragonfable hero becoming a furnace…” Link said as he looked over at me with a raised eyebrow. He makes his way over to the plate of pancakes, taking three pieces of deliciously baked batter.

Veral and I stare at each other before looking back to Link. “Watch this.” I clicked my mouth, a spark going off. I clicked two more times until a small fire was billowing from my closed muzzle. Concentrating the fire, it began to to turn blue with the strength of a focused blow torch.

The fire sparked until it was a plume of concentrated plasma.

Opening my maw and swallowing the plasma, I let the heat cook until my mouth started to billow out smoke, re-opening my mouth once again to reveal a burning furnace of molten fire.

*Cough*cough* “Hard to breathe...ughh...so dial it back, I used how many D.Cs?”

“Forty, you even sang a song about it.” Veral stated as she handed me a glass of viscous liquid. She whispered into my ear as quietly as possible: AB negative it's all I could find.

“Either your Displacer has a cruel sense of humor, or something went wrong..” Link said as he looked over at me. “You’re comfortable with it?”

“Yeah...I got used to it after my...fifth death? When did I start not caring?” I turned to ask my ghostly companion, as I took a gulp of my drink.

“Mm...seventh death, but that's only because Honey insisted on keeping you company whenever you managed to get back.”

‘...Honey.’ I felt a sadness wash over me, as if a blurred film covered my eyes.

“Seventh death? And ponies back home used to ask me how I kept my sanity from being alone for ten years after I was displaced,”

The hylian cocked his head back he looked back on his life.

“I mean, I was in denial of who I had become and tried to look for a way out. I had given up at one point but kept hidden, although my new drive was to save others.

It was impossible to just ignore ponies in trouble as the thought of knowing you could've prevented their death would of weight heavily on my subconscious.” Link explained with a frown at his past memories.

“Same reason, different problem. I had a duty to my caravan.” I said, not wanting to say more.

“A hero’s duty is never done.” Link said with a sigh and a shake of his head, his expression held years of what he meant.

Heh, suppose so…here, you'll be wanting these,” I say as I hand him the staff, and pull out the still glowing Megaton Hammer.

“Uh...sorry about the hammer…”

“...Why is it glowing?” Link asked as he took his hammer using both hands.

Shit I was hoping he wouldn't ask that question… “Weeeeell….you see when I went to kill Akriloth I kinda sorta...I don't know...pumped it full of Ultima? Just a little though…” I pinched my index finger and thumb in emphasis.

Link gawked at me. “Ultima.. As in the one from final fantasy!?” he asked with disbelief. “How in Din’s fiery wrath did you do that? I used to play a lot of the games back when I was normal but I don’t recall any involving channeling the spell into a weapon… Did your Displacer give you this power?”

I took a deep breath and sighed. Locking my Dracopyre aspect, I released Griever’s restraint. His form draping over me like an over coat.

“I had a run in with Ultimecia, a villain from Final Fantasy Eight. Long story short, I can channel Griever, and yes, FF8’s Junction system allowed for the player to enhance their weapon strikes with elemental spells,”

I took out the Tuning Blade, and channeled Ultima as an example. The massive sword began to glow green and black with destructive force. “Bit of a decent upgrade on my part.”

“So… It’s permanently part of my hammer? I suppose that’d make it the Ultimaton Hammer..” Link said as he stared at his hammer for a moment.

“Again...reaaaal sorry about that.” Just as I finished my “drink” every changeling had burst in with several plates of various baked or fried breakfast foods. With speed and precision, the table was covered in food and drink.

At the head of the table was Trixie and one of the butler changelings. “Um...are you sure this is okay? What if they don't like me?” Trixie seemed to ask.

Popping her head out of a wall, Veral began to wave her paw dismissively. “You'll do fine~ it's not like they’ll eat you alive or anything.”

The butler’s wings began to chitter violently from this statement. 'Heh, if changelings could sweat.’

Link took his place among the group. “How is everyone feeling? Especially you six from last night.” he addressed to the changelings.

“We don't feel the biting pain of hunger. How is this?” The butler asked.

“Nayru’s love.” Link explained as he raised his hand to show a soft blue glow of magic “A spell blessed to me by the goddess of wisdom.

Six pairs of wings began to chitter at the prospect of love. One changeling though had decided that they wanted food the old fashioned way, if the buzzing wing on my leg was anything to go by.

Looking down, I saw the changeling I had kidnapped. Cutely dressed, and mouth open wide.

“The things I do…” Opening my maw, I allow the bug to feed off my emotions. The same pink stream floating through the air.

Once the little one had her fill, she hugged me in thanks and went off to do...whatever it is Veral has her doing now.

“Hey, she didn't pass out.” Veral stated.

“Good, it means she's starting to evolve.”

Link started to cut his pancakes into bite-sized pieces. “So, unless it’s too personal or painful, could you explain what happened?” he asked in curiosity.

Buzzing wings threatened to drown out all sound...until a maid among them hushed the crowd.

“There...there was great fire…” The world around us began to change, overlaid with the images of several dragons and crystal alicorn shaped statues.

“Woah...GAHAH!!” I jumped into a fetal position, as a statue to my right was shattered in a massive explosion. Looking down, I saw the desert sand begin to rupture as a great fissure opened below me. In a sputtering fit, I attempted to paw myself away from the hole, only to realize it was just an illusion.

“Uh...guh…my uh...my bad.”

The chronicler continued. “Our warriors began to fight back against the scaled ones...only to be torn apart, rend by teeth and claw...we seven survived...if only by luck.”

Taking deep breaths, I looked through the illusion until I spotted Cadance. “What about her? She alive?”

“So the attack against ponyville wasn’t the only place…” Link said as he placed his fork down. “Hylia damnit…”

“Cadance’s dumbass went on ahead to mitigate the damage Akriloth would have caused. She went alone, and no one told me until it was too late.” I said, as I took a closer look at the stock still image.

Noticing her footing was about to give out, I motioned for the chronicler to continue this image along.

On her hind hooves and holding back a dragon with her blade, the sands parted and the two fell down. A loud thunk and several Earthly expletives rang from the fissure.

“Oh...Shining’s not gonna like this…”

“...Ember was the leader, right? I hope there wasn’t a second in command.” Link said as he let out a sigh. He goes back to finish his breakfast, often pausing between bites.

“Scroll around, I'm going to see if…” The world began to spin, often I would spy glances of Akriloth, either using a crystal for a toothpick or blowing plumes of fire onto the desert.

“Ember wasn't in this group. Least as far as I can tell…” Buzzing wings cut me from my musings. I turned to see the others look on in horror at one of the dragons holding an egg close to it's mouth. “Son of a fuck mothering…cut the feed.”

The chronicler fell to the floor, breathing heavily, and crying silently. The world fell apart and returned to normal. Veral and another changeling maid picked the poor girl off the floor and took her to a spare bedroom

“That...that was going to happen here!?” I heard Trixie cry out. Fear written all over her wide eyed trembling body.

“Not while heroes still breath, Trixie.” Link spoke out as he finished his meal.

“I need to get out there...she could still be alive and I need to-” Before I could even move, Veral had her axe to my head.

“You will sit down and enjoy the breakfast we made you. You will rest, and breathe, and by your God when we are CALM and READY...we will save that irresponsible princess. Am I clear?”

“Vi we do not hav-”

“AM I CLEAR!?” A torrential wind soared past me, splintering bits of the house.

With a defeated sigh, I sat down and started piling my plate.

“Fucking shit.” I spat in annoyance.

“What did you say!?”

“I said this omelette is great!”

“Better be…”

I took a quick glance at Link’s dumbstruck face, probably wondering how the tiny moglin was talking to me like a mother would her child.

“Hey, HEY! Smaller bites,” Veral continued as she waved her axe. “And chew your food!”

“Yes, mom!” I said sarcastically. Though...I began to regret the sarcasm.

I looked up at my moglin, her face locked in a memory.

“Vi, I…”

She shook her head, deciding a hug was more important than words.

“Thanks for being my surrogate mother Vi, it must suck having to keep me from being a-”

“A dumbass?* She said with a smile.

She turned to Link, a wicked look in her eye. “I had to drag him out of a burning house once. Idiot here had no arms and one leg and almost died saving somepony's grandmother.”

“Oh, Veral! Not the grandma story again…”

“Hey, I would of done the same in his shoes. Although...” Link began as he looked over at me. “How’d you lose your arms and a leg, were they that flammable in your current form?”

“Hah, no...that uh...That was Luna's fault. Imagine if you will, this ten year old filly wielding a weapon that could cut through everything, doing her best to make sure falling debris doesn't hit anyone…”

I make slicing motions along my shoulders, cackling like a hyena. “So, so she's just...doing her damndest...but cuts my limbs CLEAN OFF. So, as one of ours is getting grandma out, the old mare looks at the scene, and starts ATTACKING ME!!” I choke on a piece of pancake, my laughs and coughs rolling into one.

Downing a glass of water, I regain a bit of composure and continue. “Granny escorts Luna out of the building, and Veral has to pull me out by herself...that was a hell of a night.”

“Did the old pony learn afterwards you weren’t there to harm her?” Link asked as he was taking his plate to the kitchen.

“Senile old hag kept hitting me. Such is life.”

As Link was about to deposit said plate, it was gone in a flash of green fire, soaked, soaped, rinsed, and put in its proper place.

“Such work is unbecoming of our guests. Or so the lady says.” A butler changeling said.

“Veral. I'm naming that one Walter. Just letting you know.” I say in utter awe.

“It's just a habit.” Link said with a soft chuckle. “I’m used to cleaning my own dishes instead of letting others do it, no offense.”

“None taken sir, but this is our home now. Our new hive, and we have quite the expectant queen.” “Walter” stated with pride.

“Queen? You already selected a replacement?” Link asked with concern. “Then… Chrysalis is..?” he hesitated to finish that sentence.

The house began to vibrate, a sad tune flooding the halls.

“And yet another reason I need to get to the Badlands. Thank you very much for the food Walter, tell the others they’ll get names soon as well.” I said with a bow.

Link took a moment breath in and sigh, he mumbled something softly to himself before getting up. “My heart is already in pain as it is, let’s try to get to the bottom of this before more unseen deaths behold Equestria.” he said determined.

I look to Link, fire in his eyes...only to look down at my hand. The sigil of Harmony blazing brightly upon it.

“Shit...Link, I can't in good conscience let you risk your life any more than you have…” I say dejectedly.

“I’ve been through alot of Flying Pot of hell before, and I doubt any future battles in this world will be any different. However, with you as a holder of my token, it is up to you whether or not you want my help, I’ll understand if you wish to do this on your own. You are the hero of this world afterall.” Link said as he gave his leather gauntlets a tug to make sure they were firmly worn.

“It’s not up to me...It’s up to her,” I state raising my hand. “As Harmony’s Envoy, I have certain rules I need to follow...among those rules I can’t keep another champion away from their homes...their loved ones...their own duties. Of course it won't stop me from asking for aid in the future, that and I’ll need time to gather materials for your Dragonlord armor.”

“Heh, so in a way, we both have to abide by something.” Link said as he raised his right hand to reveal a golden triangle glowing on the bottom right part of his hand. “Even if it's just a void copy, Farore treats me as Link despite her knowing i’m not the original.”

“Pfft, goddesses am I right?” I give a chuckle as I move to the front door. “Come on, I’d rather not have Pinkie mad at me for not getting to say goodbye, she seems to take a liking to you...as do a lot of folks here!”

Veral, upside down, phased through the ceiling and glared daggers at me. “Don’t think I didn’t hear that young man.”

“I’m fifteen hundred and twenty three, Vi.”

“Either Heroes are well liked in your Equestria, or it’s something I did they like.” Link said with a soft chuckle. “Before you send me back, I’d like to know if there’s anything I could do for ya?”

Pondering this ponder of ponders I began to actually think about what it was I could eve- “Yeah, actually...if you could teach me the Song of Storms, the Bolero of Fire and maybe even the Song of Healing...and if it isn’t to much to ask for, but I would like to study the light arrows...you know, for science!”

“Well, I can’t give you a physical copy, but I can channel void energy of my triforce into your being in order to give you the magic and knowledge on how to channel the Light Arrow Spell.” Link explained before reaching into his pouch to pull out the blue ocarina.

Following suit, I pulled out my own Green Dragon Ocarina.

“I hope the ponies don’t mind a small storm though. Just remember, the song is enchanted, it is your magic and your instrument that will grant it power. It cannot be used if one of the the three is missing, harmonize the three and bring its flow through. ” Link said as he placed one end of the instrument into his mouth.

He played the three first notes twice, and soon follows suit into the rest of the song. Wind magic started to swirl around his ocarina and surrounded his body before making it’s way outside the home.

The soft sound of a droplet impacting wood echoed from outside my home. Looking out a window, clouds had turned gray as lightning had begun to form within them.

Ponies that had been walking through the town or had been working to reconstruct what was lost had begun to flee as a torrential rain began to pelt the town proper.

“Hehe, Rainbow’s gonna have a field day from this one...so all it takes is magic huh?” ..focusing my own wind, I replayed the chord progression, wind beginning to form around me as I brought the song to it’s fever pitch. The clouds began to disperse as the rains had come to an end.

“There ya go. Remember, harmonize magic, instrument, and song. Next song, is the Bolero Of Fire, now I’ve never used it as I didn’t want to end up inside the Dragon Land’s volcano or whatever volcano was closest.”

Link said as he placed the instrument back into his mouth. The song was fast and filled with fiery passion, the instrument glowed with fire and circled Link, however it went back into the ocarina since the song was being taught rather than used.

“Doesn’t hurt to play it safe I suppose,” I say as I reactivate Griever’s lock and equip my Armor of the Fire Orb. “Oh this heart of fire…” Skull shaped flames began to swirl around me in a slow vortex as I replayed the song note for note. I failed to notice however that once I had finished I had found myself in the crater of an active volcano.

“Fffuuuuck.” I pulled out my Awe(?) Scythe and tore open a rift back to my home.

“You harmonised it too well for a practice run.” Link said jokingly.

“Heh, suppose I did.”

“At least you’re playing it well for a first timer. Now, the last song, I must warn you that there are a few rules to follow. The Song Of Healing must only be played if the target is a lingering spirit that still holds regrets or is still among Equus to whatever it is that is binding them to this world, it can also work on someone who is dying but does not desire it just yet as he or she still has some unfinished business.

Lastly, the target must be willing to let go of his or her sorrows and be willing to allow the song to affect them. Once the prerequisites have been met, their spirit will be turned into a mask that if you wear, you will take on the body of that person.

You will hear their voice and their personality may blend into your own. So please, be careful on who wears it even if it's just you. You wouldn’t want certain cravings or thoughts lingering in your mind while in their form.” Link explained with caution in his voice.


“Right...so basically,” My form shifts, flesh and scale disappearing into dust as all that was left was my crystal heart and my skeleton. Hefting my scythe on my shoulder, a billowing mantle forms upon my back. “Do my job unless asked otherwise, and stay weary of any and all thoughts or cravings.”

“Oh, almost forgot a couple of things. those who listen will get flashbacks of both good and bad memories along with having their emotions being soothed and calmed. So if anyone here doesn’t want to relive any of the past, please leave the room.“ Link warned as he looked around the group who at this point have been quiet.

“Veral, please lead those who wish not to experience their lives flash before their eyes to the bath house. Link, please, continue.”

As Veral lead most of the changelings away, the only ones who had decided to stay were Oracle and Walter.

“Huuuuu this is gonna suck…” I say as I take on last look at Oracle.

“It will be heavy, but it will be joyful. In the words of the Happy Mask Salesman ‘This is a melody that heals evil magic and troubled spirits, turning them into masks.’” Link explained.

He took one last look at everyone before placing the instrument back to his lips. After a shaky breath, he begins to play the song.

I felt as if my emotions were melting away with the song, memories flooded my mind...from the first royal knight I had to stop...to the day I met Luna...Honey and her son becoming my family...to Celestia laughing at my loss…and...faint visions of a broken but loving family.

If I still had tear ducts I’d be- ”How am I crying right…” My hand had been restored, as was the rest of my body. “Well...that happened.”

“Okay who’s the fucksti-well hel~lo handsome! Miss me?” “Oracle” asked, a silhouette of Serenity’s face overlain her own.

Walter stood next to her, a bawling mess but a calm bawling mess.

“Serenity, that is not how we treat guests.” I reprimanded.

“Save it for your real second half.” Link said with a shake of his head.

“Shadow pony, REAL second half, you see how that works?” Serenity states with sarcasm as she gives Link a wink and a smile. ‘Oh great, she's venting.’

“Come on Serenity, don’t be hard on yourself, I’m sure you’ll find someone who’s into that kinda thing.” I say as I pet her head.

“Serenity..” Link began with a sigh. “I already have a special someone and somepony back home, I mean don’t get me wrong, you would no doubt look beautiful in my unicorn form’s eyes but I’d rather not have this blossom any further than a friendship.” The hylian said as he rubbed the back of his head, he looked very nervous and scared of hurting the black mare’s heart.

Serenity seemed to take these words seriously...a small scowl visible on her face. “Hey, can you not right now!?” She yelled at Walter.

Regaining his composure, Walter apologized. “Of course miss, I shall make myself scarce.” In a flash of fire, the changeling was gone.

“That's not what I- fucking shit...there goes another one. Look, I'm sorry about all the flirting...it's a coping mechanism.”

She began to rub her foreleg, a solemn look upon her.

“It's just...do you know what it's like? Being some upstart jackass's science project? Fifteen hundred years…I was locked away for FIFTEEN HUNDRED GOD DAMNED YEARS! Don't give me that look Master, there was nothing anyone could have done!”

I was a bit taken aback by her sudden outburst. “Serenity I tho-”

“This is not your fucking fault! Stop blaming yourself for the actions of some fucked up princess!!”

She took a deep breath...then another. “I'm okay, sorry for the outburst.”

“I’m confused… Is the companionship of Azure and his friends not enough after you managed to find freedom?” Link asked, then quickly raised his hands. “I mean… explain from the start, maybe there’s something here I’m not understanding here..”

“He was a fucking lawn ornament for a milenia and a half, Veral was stuck here surrounded by ghosts that kept eating everypony that tried to live here, and most EVERYONE we ever met was tortured for not being “faithful to the crown”. *Sigh* This wasn't supposed to happen…”

I knelt down, holding the shattered mare until an idea crossed my mind.

“I have yet to play the song…” I say in a near whisper.

Before I can use my instrument, Serenity has her hoof on my hand.

“Nu uh, he wants to know why I'm so pissed. We should tell him.”

There was a lump in my throat that hadn't been there before. “If I do, it might change his perspective of his own Celestia.”

“No need to explain though, considering the multiverse theory. While in my world Celestia is a goddess in mortal form, I know that other Celestias aren’t the same.” Link said as he raised a finger. “Were you hoping to start anew in another world?” he asked.

Me and Serenity stare at each other for a bit before looking back to Link, the both of us motioning to the other in a confused sort of way.

“I just wanted AQ World loot honestly...stupid flash drive.” I say with a little bitterness.

“I didn’t exist til he ended up here.” Serenity stated.

“Would a hug make you feel better, Serenity?” Link said, feeling that something was wrong.

The mare looked back at me, trying to find the words to approach her current predicament. Offering a gentle smile, I motion an open palm to Link. My eyes still on my broken partner.

“Come on, you're stronger than this.” I say reassuringly.

She takes a single step, rescinds said step...takes two more and closes her eyes and opens up. Link gave her a gentle hug once she get close enough. “Whatever happened in the past is exactly that, the past. What matters is the present and what you plan for the future.” the hylian said.

“That was really...really hammy big guy...but I’ll take it.” Serenity confessed, a single tear falling from her eye.

Link chuckled softly at Serenity’s words. “I’m never good with words when it comes to comforting others, but I try.”

“This is new...I've never seen you open up like that before, what happened to the hard ass I know and love?” I said jokingly.

“She's still here ya bitch made pansy ass cock sleeve!” Serenity exclaimed with renewed vigor.

“That's my girl, get over here!” She tackles me head on as I catch her and spin her in the air. Finishing off with a tight warm hug.

“I think I'm ready for that song now…”

Now cradling the happy mare, I take out my Ocarina once again...only to stop.

“Link, you said all I needed was magic right?” I asked quickly.

“As I’ve mentioned before; Magic, Song, Instrument, all three harmonised at the focus point.” Link explained.

I took a breath...and began to focus magic and soul... hopeful that I would get this right.
“Uh master... you're getting really...really green right now.” Serenity said in worry.

Without another second to waste, I began to play...the room was bathed in earthly magic as the notes of the Goron’s lullaby began to echoe forth.

Though I wanted to, I could no longer sustain the melody... not that I needed to, Serenity having already fallen asleep and back into Oracle’s mind.

Setting her down carefully I made sure not to tangle her in her own hair. I stand, shaky and cold.

“Huh...that... didn't go as horri-” There was a rupture. I felt the back of my head crack as I reeled from the immense pain.

“FuckingshitthathurtsoGoddamnmuch!!!” I whispered while grinding my forehead on the floor.

“Azure? What’s wrong?” Link said with concern as he placed a leather gauntlet hand onto my shoulder.
“Spirit... Energy...really fucking volatile...I’m not bleeding am I?” I ask, managing to raise my head somewhat.

“There doesn’t appear to be any.. Something must of went wrong when you played the song, either reaction to the magic or something else. Where exactly did you learn the Goron’s Lullaby?” Link asked as he scanned the rest of my head.

“Tried to... remember the notes...thought binding a bit of my soul to the instrument...would help…”

“I advise not doing it again, otherwise you may suffer another backlash. But if you decide to try again later on, try something small.” Link suggested as he placed his blue ocarina away. “Your attempt reminds me of when I first tried manipulating Din’s Fire into another form.”

“What, you felt a blood vessel pop?” I said jokingly.

“No, more like magical backlash or the spell not going exactly as I wanted it to be. Like when I changed Nayru’s Love from a shield spell to a healing spell, there was a chance of something going wrong like my magic missing for a few minutes or an hour, or the spell hurting me in the progress.” Link explained.

I flinched a little at that last part. “Yeah...magical backlash...not fun.”

Shaking my head and slapping my cheeks, I let out a guttural groan and right myself. “Well, we've got a town to see...after you good sir.”

“Should we go as we are, or be in pony form?” Link asked as he lead the way.

“That...is a good question. Veraaaal!”

Said moglin popped her head out from under our feet. “You rang~”

“I need a pony on recon, I need to know if any of the royal guard is around, oh and have one of our maids take Oracle to her room...if you see the one I kidnapped, I want you to name her Milli.”

With a bow, Veral sunk back into the floorboards.

“And now we wait.”

Trixie had walked into the room, no longer dressed as a maid. Instead she now wore her usual cape and cap, and the stick of Doom Dynamite I gave her hung on her barrel.

“Um...miss Veral said you needed me?” Trixie said with a bit of apprehension.

“Please, just call her Veral,” I bent down on a knee, pushing a stray hair off her face. “I need you to be my eyes and ears for a bit. Look around town and see if there are any Royal Guards in town,”

I stand back up and look to Link. “I'm gonna need a charge of Farore’s wind, I've got a Mana potion if you need it.”

“Can do, who’s the target and what’s the destination?” Link asked as he straighten his right leather glove before slowly beginning to channel wind magic into a ball in his hand.

“Trixie, and the front of Town Hall. Think you can give her one for a return trip?”

The mare looked at the burgeoning mass of magic in awe before looking at me in worry. “This won't hurt will it?”

“Nah, it happens spontaneously. As for the return trip, I’ll have to cast two of them, a ball to remain here, and another to send Trixie away.” Link explained as he finished charging the return point, the ball moves over and floats above my door. He begins charging up a second ball of wind, once it has reached it’s required moment, Link looks over to Trixie. “Whenever you’re ready.”

The mare was shaking...no. She was vibrating. With a soft sigh, I place my hand on her head and begin to scratch her ears.

She tensed quickly...only to melt, her head pushing it's way into my palm.

“This isn't Canterlot, this isn't Manehattan...We care for you, and this town will care for you, and anybody who doesn't...well, that's why you have that stick of dynamite.”

She smiled at me, believing in my words. She steeled herself, closed her eyes, and bowed her head.

In a flash of green, the mare was gone.

PreviousChapters Next