• Published 3rd Sep 2015
  • 4,533 Views, 67 Comments

The Equestrian Omni-Knight - Azure5555



Artix Entertainment fueled Displaced story line of a young man thrust into a world of turmoil and strife, only to be imprisoned for wanting to overthrow it's oppressive regime.

  • ...
19
 67
 4,533

PreviousChapters Next
Magic in a young girl's heart

Great light flooded the room, I felt the ambient magic drain from around us and converge upon Twilight. Six very forbidden, very powerful spells I wrote in case of grand scale emergency like say the timeline becoming FUBAR.

From the least destructive to most:

Butterfly: I am a leaf in the wind. A defensive buff meant to make the user harder to hit

Diamond: All that glitters is not gold. An arcane amplifier more than anything that gives the user a diamond like sheen.

Cloud: Don’t believe me just watch. A true offensive skill that allows the user to briefly turn into living lightning.

Apple: Are you okay? “What’s the answer to this question?” You may ask. The answer is a simple Buster Wolf! And control over seismic energy.

Star: I am the one and only. A mystic EMP that buffs the user with all magic drained within a ten kilometer radius.

And last but frighteningly not least, Balloon: What does this button do? The answer for this one is so complex I only knew it when I was piss drunk, in full mage, and tapping into the Thirteenth Lord of Chaos powers I only had access to with the Omni blade.

May the world never know the true power of these spells put together.

I feel the mystic pressure, it’s field threatening to blow my wounds open, but thankfully the event ended before I caused a mess. The light focused into a single area now as Twilight struggled to control the flood of magic.

I rush past Mayor Mare (whom is now passed out on the floor) and attempt to break the magic field only to get pushed back hard.

“Twilight, you have to expend the magic or release it!!” I say while pounding on the field.

“H-how...it’s too much…” Twilight is crying as bits of her mane go up in amethyst flame.

“Focus Sparkle! How many times have we done this!? Magic! Horn! Ball! Think dragon egg!!”

This got her. Throwing her head back, the magical field shrank and re-grew on her horn. Once all the magic gathered into a tight ball, I grasped it and gently pulled the orb of magic off of the horn.


I pocket the orb and scoop the tired and frightened mare into an embrace. She promptly whacks me with a hoof.

“Why would you even write something that dangerous!?” Asks Twilight.

“Because the world might be ending. How do you feel?”

“I-I feel like I just took a bath in a pool of lava. *gasp* Mayor!” Twilight runs to the downed mayor and starts to look for a heartbeat, satisfied at the sign of life. “Wait, the scroll!”

Twilight had ran back to where the scroll was dropped, only to find a slowly burning pile of scrap. “No…” Tears once again fill her eyes, I kneel by her and stroke her mane so as to calm her.

“The scroll isn’t important, the magic is. That magic is now within you. Just...you know...be careful not to say...you know,” I move to pick up Mayor Mare and cradle her in my arms.

“Chances are everypony in the building was knocked out by the Etheric Mystic Pulse.” I then feel a chill run down my spine.

“Nooooot EVERYPONY!” Says Pinkie as she pops up in front of me. ‘Dear lord don’t let her-’

“What does this button do?” ‘I have become error.’

“Pinkie no!” Twilight and I both scream. Pinkie had her scroll in her hooves, arcane runes writing themselves and glowing upon the parchment. In a sudden flash, Pinkie had jolted into the air and floated stock still as her color was replaced by a glitching visual effect of whites and grays.

She plopped down on the ground, her body not even moving, not even REACTING to her fall. The effect began to drain and subsided into a forehoof. She looked down and pressed against the stone flooring.

The glitch left her hoof and began to infect the stone brick, as she pulled up, the brick had shrunk and turned into a cupcake. “I know what this button does…” Said Pinkie in an awe-inspired whisper, the scroll now a pile of ash next to her.

“No you know what, I’m taking the scrolls! I can’t have the others activate them unsanctioned”

I walk past the mares and catch a shadow of worry from Pinkie Pie. I let it go and grab the scrolls. Butterfly, Diamond, Apple, Clo-where’s Cloud?

“Where is it? Why isn’t it here!? It’s gone...why is it gone? No no no no n-PINKAMENA DIANE PIE!!!!!!”

“I think I’ll go take the ponies upstairs to the hospital now!” Said Twilight as she teleported out of the building with Mayor in tow.

“I think I’ll go join her!” Said Pinkie as she tried to escape the area, only to stop mid-air as I held onto her tail.

“Wheeerrrrre?” I let a bit of my vampiric nature show to add more intimidation.

“Uh...um...I-I can’t s-s-s-say. I made a Pinkie Promise!”

“Toooo whoooo….”

“RAINBOW DASH!! Eep.”

I raise a finger and open my mouth to speak...and stop. I try again...and stop. ‘Reel it in big guy.’

“Okay.”

“What?”

“Okay. I’d rather she have told me first but eh. Walk with me.”

We slowly make our way and strike up a convo. “How are preparations so far?”

“Pretty good! Clouds and traps are set, Fluttershy found some Diamond Dogs, and the buildings are covered in diamonds. And rubies, and sapphires, and emeralds, and metals, and-”

We keep moving for a few seconds, we stop once so I can pocket my battle companions. Our conversation devolves into Pinkie talking about her day, and then about rock formations and proper gem growth and the like.


“Hey Pinkie?”

“Yes?”

“Nothing. I’m going home to rest, don’t let anypony bug me aight?”

“Okie Dokie Lokie!”

Exiting town hall, Pinkie bounds to no place in particular. I walk through the town in silence, ponies still rushing back and forth adding final touches to the town’s defense. Ponies would still wave and smile, and I would return the gesture. My attention was caught however by two large barriers stationed between my home and Turner’s. I decide to inquire.

“Just a minute! I’ll be with you in a moment!” I heard the sound of an explosion and shattering glass.

The door opened to reveal a dust covered Time Turner. “Well isn’t this quite the surprise!? Come on then, it’s always good to have company!”

His workshop was filled with various devices and spare metals and wires and power cores.

“So, what do I owe the honor for a visit from my new neighbor?”

“I wanted to inquire as to the reason of the barricades between our homes…”

Turner left and returned with a plate of various cookies and bread.

“I’m glad you asked! Cookie?” I grab a few and some bread and begin to munch. “Town Hall found it reasonable to move some of the leftovers of the invasion to our homes. I get scrap metal and rusted weaponry and you get a treasure chest and a full set of dragon bones. We also get one barricade each to work with.”

“Hats noice, yu shur yu *gulp* ah, don’t want any of the dragon? Wait, did you say chest?”

“Oh yes I would have loved the dragon but I don’t really work well with biological materials, and yes! There was a chest along with the dragon!"

"Right, I'll go see to my bounty then. I may need to borrow a few things but not today."

"Quite alright! Whenever you need me, I'll be here!"


-Basement-

I had found the chest and dragon bones in front of the basement entrance and dragged everything down. Too tired to actually want to open the chest I go about setting down the items of the day. My werewolves, the orb of raw magic, and Ludo.

*sigh* 'Hopefully I don't dream this time.' I exit the basement and just sit by the backdoor for a bit. I ponder...I ponder some more. "Screw it I want sleep, blood, and a bath not specifically in that order."

I open the door mindlessly, not noticing the bucket of liquid held by the door. I am once again doused in sweet and incredibly strong drink. 'Yet it doesn't smell alcoholic...'

Before me yet again is the entirety of Ponyville, greeting me in surprise as music began to blare.

Veral then made her way to me. "Cool surprise huh?"

"Y-yeah...W-who set this up..." Veral hooked her arm around me and lead me to the living room.

"Pinkie! She said you looked down, that and the house hasn't been broken in yet. You like it?"

I couldn't quite see very clearly, but the cobwebs and wallpaper had been done away with. New crimson tapestry was brought in and the flooring looked much nicer and sturdier.

"It looks great V, you and who ever helped you did a wonderful job." Veral starts to swing me into a dance as the music faded into a new track

"H-heey...I gotta-gotta know...who has all this Daft Punk?" I say rather groggily.

Veral pushes closer and magics armor onto herself for better grip. "Vinyl, Octavia says she found a bunch of sheet music and started to futz around with her tech. I guess she managed to recreate the tracks."

"Cool...*yawn* g'night." I blacked out, not even so much as trying to stay awake. I fall with a loud thump. "No no no ohhh...that must have hurt."

PreviousChapters Next