• Published 7th Oct 2015
  • 554 Views, 0 Comments

Two Years After Dreamfall (Shorts) - hujan86



Two years after the events in Dreamfall, time to see how life was going for the ponies and creatures of Blue Marble Equestria.

  • ...
 0
 554

TWILIGHT TIME - revised

Author's Note:

1. Blue Marble Equestria's Twilight Sparkle is loosely based on the character Twilight "Sparkle" Mengele.
2. This chapter is in-part inspired from a fancomic by 1trickpone

Sunset Shimmer came under the gentle wrap of Celestia’s alicorn wings. As they relished at their reconciliation, Celestia was about to say something that will ruin the touching moment.

“Sunset Shimmer, remember the time I transported you to Fillydelphia for no reason?”

Sunset Shimmer looked up at the princess alarmed. “Yeah…?”

“While I did so, I took away your gonads,” Celestia confessed, with a heavy sense of guilt.

Sunset Shimmer awoke with a start. Sitting up on her bed, she looked around her room then let out a sigh of relief.

Oh, it’s just a bad dream, she thought. Thanks Faust.

After seeing the time on the clock showed five in the morning, she rushed out of bed to begin her work as the Princess of the Sunlight.

In the terraced garden afterwards, Sunset Shimmer worked to bring daylight into the night sky.

Blueblood brought more piles of paperwork onto Sunset Shimmer’s desk. After she took the paper from the top of the pile, the princess noticed something is amiss with the report. She took out another report from a different pile and compared them.

“Sir, these numbers don’t add up,” Sunset Shimmer notified Blueblood.

The chancellor looked at the two papers and surprise came over him.

“Why, you’re right,” he acknowledged. “I’ll look through the archives to find the source of this discrepancy.”

The audience hall was not as packed as usual. And all the problems and concerns highlighted to her were easy to dealt with. The proceeding went smoothly, much to Sunset Shimmer’s great relief. Without Princess Luna helping her, it would have been a nightmarish morning.

“I’ll have somepony come over your village to assess the road damages by tomorrow,” she told Candy Mane.

The Earth pony bowed her head. “Thank you, princess.”

Before she went out to Canterlot, Sunset Shimmer decided to check up on Princess Luna who had come down with a bad case of flu. Along the way to Princess Luna’s bedroom, Sunset Shimmer exchanged greetings with Trixie, Twinkleshine and Flash Sentry in the hallways.

When Sunset Shimmer arrived at the library, it was already closed. She checked the time again.

Celestia may have decided to take an early lunch break, Sunset Shimmer guessed.

Fortunately for the Alicorn Princess, she came across Lionel who informed that he saw Celestia at Mulia’s Kitchen.

Sunset Shimmer anxiously approached Celestia’s table.

“Hello, Celestia-” It was then that she noticed the purple dragon on the opposite side of the table whom she had missed earlier due to his midget size. “Spike?”

Sunset Shimmer glanced at the single empty seat and asked, “Is Twilight Sparkle here too?”

“Yup. She went to the bathroom just now,” the dragon replied.

“You know what,” Sunset Shimmer said, having decided against interrupting the family, “maybe another time. Please excuse me.”

She turned around to leave.

“Princess, wait!” Celestia stopped the Alicorn Princess in her tracks. “You never came to see to me without a reason. And it seems to me you’re upset about something. Please sit down and tell me what troubles you.”

No wanting to get involved in female-to-female talk, Spike said, “Welp, I need to go to the bathroom,” and got off from his chair.

Pinkie Pie sneaked the busted microwave oven out of the restaurant’s back door to the back alley where Doc Sparkle (that is what Twilight Sparkle calls herself now) was waiting for her.

“Gee, I don’t know about this, Twilight,” she anxiously said. “If Mulia catches me, she’ll think I was stealing.”

“This’ll take only a few seconds,” Sparkle said firmly. “Think about it, Pinkie. It’ll be a win-win situation. If I can get this microwave fixed with magic, then I get prove my theory is correct, your employer doesn’t have to spend a single Bit for the repair and your chances of being promoted remains unaffected.”

The notion of a guarantee promotion to apprentice chef made Pinkie Pie happy. “Oh, in that case, okie dokie!

She put the microwave down and stepped back while Sparkle charged up her horn.

“Twilight,” the Earth pony’s grin had faded once she realized something amiss in her friend’s words, “you said ‘if’. So, what if it doesn’t work?”

By then, Sparkle had already cast her spell. Her aura momentarily suffused the oven. Then, nothing happened.

Pinkie Pie regarded the oven curiously. “Did it work?”

Suddenly, the microwave oven started to vibrate, so hard that it moved around in circles on its own.

Pinkie Pie, who found this amusing, whooped and clapped her hooves with glee.

“It looks like it’s dancing!” she laughed.

“Honey,” Mulia Mule interrupted her husband who is adding the final touches to the cuisine, “where did you put the microwave that we’re supposed to get fix?”

“Isn’t it in your office?” Tirek asked her back.

“Well, it’s not there now,” Mulia told the centaur.

“I’ve already come clean on what I did to you,” Celestia stated truthfully. “I swear to Faust. I never took more than a kidney. Even so, the energy wave from the Elements of Harmony managed to reverse the effect.”

Sunset Shimmer felt really embarrassed now. “I’m sorry, Celestia. I don’t know why I took that dream too seriously.”

“You’re still doubtful, I can see,” Celestia said, noting . “Perhaps, you could take an examination just to be sure.”

The Alicorn Princess thought on it for a second but could neither say a yes or no. As a mare, the question of her fertility is a highly sensitive issue.

“I…I think it’s better for me to leave now,” she said. “I really didn’t mean to interrupt you family.”

“Speaking of which,” Celestia’s eyebrows furrowed, looking around for Sparkle, “why isn’t she back yet?”

A loud boom jolted them and the rest of the guests in their seats.

The explosion had completely destroyed the oven. But it left more than burnt scraps in its wake- an amorphous mass of pale pinkish glow floating in midair.

Whoa!” Both ponies were awed by the phenomenon.

Out of curiosity, Sparkle reached out to the glow, refrained from touching it once she heard Sunset Shimmer yelling to her not to. She looked back over her shoulder to see the Princess of the Sunlight with her foster mother and Pinkie Pie’s employers at the back door.

“Look!” the unicorn proclaimed excitedly. “Star Swirl was right all along!”

Unbeknownst to Sparkle, the glow elongated, as if it is attracted to her.

“Twilight, look out!” Sunset Shimmer tried to warn her but by the time Sparkle realized what was going on, the glow had crept all over her like tree vines.

“Don’t worry!” Sparkle honestly told them. “It doesn’t hurt at all!”

Though she became increasingly alarmed as the glow was getting brighter and brighter as though it is about to explode. “Uh, but I think it’s doing something.”

“Wow! You’re glowing!” the naive Pinkie Pie was unaware of the impending danger the glow is about to bring upon her friend.

Celestia and Sunset Shimmer raced to save Sparkle from whatever is happening. The latter got to her first just a blinding flash occurred. Once it was over, both Sunset Shimmer and Sparkle had disappeared without a trace.

“Uh… That... That didn’t go so well, did it?” Only now Pinkie Pie realized how bad the situation actually is.

“Pinkamena Diane Pie,” Tirek demanded, “explain to me what really just happened!”

The Earth pony gulped before she nervously faced her furious employer.

Meanwhile, Celestia dropped to her knees, fearing that she might have lost her adopted daughter forever. “No…”

***

In another alternate Equestria, somewhere across the multiverse...

Despite far apart through space-time, this universe’s Golden Oak Library is a hundred percent identical to Sparkle’s home before it got imploded by mistake in a crazy experiment gone terribly wrong. Then again, that is true for numerous Golden Oak Libraries existing in other pony-inhabited universes as well.

Stood before this universe’s Twilight Sparkle and the Regal Sisters was another, more matured version of Twilight Sparkle, claiming to be the princess from a future timeline, which must to be true considering the fact that she is an Alicorn Princess.

Princess Twilight said, “I am Twilight Sparkle, the Princess of Friendship from your future. You have to listen to what I’m about to say very carefully, for the fate of Equestria depends on it!”

“Oh, no,” her younger self gasped. “What‘s the emergency?”

“For the good of Equestria, you must-,” the Princess of Friendship was unexpectedly interrupted by the appearance of Sunset Shimmer and Sparkle both whom smashed through the ceiling in a freefall, crashing on top of Princess Luna, “WHAT THE HAY!?”

Under heavy crush of the newcomers and wooden debris, the Princess of the Night of this universe was able to speak a few words before blacking out. “Sister, tell our enemies we surrender…”

When Sunset Shimmer finally came to her senses, she was stunned not only because she had just crushed Princess Luna but also at the presence of Princess Celestia and two more Twilight Sparkles, one of which is an Alicorn Princess.

“Sunset Shimmer!?” Princess Celestia and Princess Twilight were both shocked as they mistook the Blue Marble’s Sunset Shimmer as the Sunset Shimmer they know.

“But how!?” Princess Twilight continued. “I thought you’re supposed to be still at Canterlot High!”

Of course Sunset Shimmer was not familiar with the term. “Canterlot…High?” Oh, Faust. What crazy world did I end up in?

“Princess Celestia, who is that pony?” Twilight Sparkle demanded an explanation.

Princess Celestia was reluctant to answer at first for she never planned on telling the young unicorn about the student whom she had fallen out with.

“Sunset Shimmer,” she said at last, “a former personal student of mine.”

The revelation shocked Twilight Sparkle greatly. “You had another personal student before and you didn’t even bother mentioning her to me!?”

When Princess Twilight took a better look at Sunset Shimmer, she saw how starkly different her appearance is than the unicorn that tried to steal. After scrutinizing Sunset Shimmer’s companion, she came to realization that this Sunset Shimmer is a completely different pony, not the one she had left back at the human world (Equestria Girls universe).

“No, you’re not our Sunset Shimmer,” she deduced correctly. “You’re from an alternate world.”

“Without using the Crystal Mirror?” Princess Celestia blurted. “But how?”

It surprised her greatly, because time traveling spell is one thing, crossing dimensions is a completely different matter At least, according to this universe’s logic.

“Crystal Mirror!? Alternate world!?” Twilight Sparkle was now feeling angrier and angrier at her mentor. “How much are you not telling me, princess!?”

“Not now, Twilight!” Princess Celestia scolded the unicorn.

“No, you listen to me!” Twilight Sparkle shouted back. “You promised to me that there’ll be no more secrets between us! After everything I’ve been through to get the Elements of Harmony for you, I deserve to know!”

“Hey! That’s no way to talk to Princess Celestia!” Even as the Princess of Friendship tried to defend her mentor against her past self, the three fell into kind of a messy argument.

“Tell me, was she your most favorite pupil!?” Twilight Sparkle demanded. “Or was I just another replacement!?”

“Twilight, please!” Princess Celestia sternly said. “I didn’t tell you before only because it did not concern your studies.”

“Listen to her, Twilight,” Princess Twilight decided to intervene. “I know how you feel-”

“Hey!” Twilight Sparkle interjected. “You leave yourself of out of this, okay!? This is only between me and her!”

“Was I really this rude before!?” the older Twilight wondered aloud. “Look, Twilight. It’s really important that you learn not to take everything to heart or you’ll never be…”

As they argued nonstop, they all seemed to forget about the Princess of Friendship’s reason to be here in the first place, and Princess Luna who is still unconscious on the floor.

“Can you get us out of here now?” the Princess of the Sunlight asked her Twilight Sparkle.

“Err, maybe?” Sparkle said. “Give me time to figure this out.”

“You better hurry,” Sunset Shimmer sighed. “I am not getting myself involved in this paradox.”

Slowly, they backed away from the arguing ponies towards the exit.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment