• Published 13th Aug 2015
  • 309 Views, 5 Comments

Dear Princess Luna - MelodyScribe



These are the letters sent to Princess Luna telling her of the pony's life, through love, tragedy, and the words of the letter, her story is told.

  • ...
3
 5
 309

Hello?

Dear Princess Luna,

Hello.

I'm sorry, I really don't know exactly what to write. You don't even have to reply. Truth is, I'm not exactly the most... popular of my classmates. See, I was born with a twisted hind leg. It didn't develop properly, and so the bone is twisted and weak. I was never able to walk properly, because my hind leg would always be dragging and barely moving. I'm always alone. No one likes me. I'm always made fun of, bullied... My parents don't care, their always out at night. Or, my father is anyway. My mother is really sick, she is completely unaware of what's around her. When I sit next to her on the bed, she hardly notices I'm there. She just has her eyes closed, or open and staring out into the distance. I miss her.

My classmates always tease me and call me names because I have to wear a brace on my leg to help me walk. Sometimes they throw rocks at me and they say I'm a freak. I don't like my classmates, their always mean and they like to remind everyone else how much money their parents make. Then they say that I don't belong in school and say that I should be thrown out into the streets. My family did once have money. My father is a business pony, owner of a company. Well, used to be. He never goes to work anymore.

When we did have money, we would go on trips. Mainly to Canterlot. We once went to the Summer Sun Celebration in Ponyville. I saw you. I had heard stories about you through my teacher, Miss Jubilee. About how you were once Nightmare Moon. I don't believe you were always evil though, you only wanted somepony to notice you, to appreciate you, you only wanted a friend, like I do. I hope we could be friends. I have always loved night-time. It was always so peaceful, I always loved the moon most of all. I'm sorry you were banished there. But I never thought of you as evil, even before you came back. Before you were saved by the Elements of Harmony.

I hope we can be friends.

Yours Sincerely,

Citrine