• Published 11th Aug 2015
  • 2,191 Views, 15 Comments

New World: Land of Shadows - Fire Feather



What would life be like if all of Equestria's villans roamed free? If Nightmare Moon defeated Celestia, Sombra ruled the Crystal Empire, and changelings were a daily threat. Oh, and Discord wasn't a statue.

  • ...
2
 15
 2,191

Land of Shadows: The Meeting

Twilight and Rainbow Dash stepped through the open door and into the room behind it. The room was beautiful but simple, designed for council. It had a large round table in the middle, complete with a raised map of Equestria on it. Throne-like chairs sat around it, and most of them were occupied. All of the thrones had some sort of carving at the top, whether it be a coat of arms or a cutie mark. The largest had a carving of a crescent moon, and in it sat a tall, black-coated alicorn who was clearly the one in charge. She wore the adornments of a queen and had a blue mist swirling around her. The smaller throne on her left was empty, and the top bore a carving of Twilight's cutie mark. After bowing to the Queen, Twilight sat in her throne.

Rainbow bowed too, and soared over to her throne, which had the Captain's Insignia at the top. On her right was the Captain of the Lunar Army, and on her left was a black stallion who wore a cape and armor. His throne had a carving of crystals, and Rainbow recognized him as King Sombra, ruler of the Crystal Empire. Next to the Captain of the Lunar Army was the Lieutenant of the Lunar Army, and then next to the Lieutenant there were three empty seats. On Twilight's left, there was the Changeling Queen, Chrysalis. Her chair had the Changeling coat of arms at the top.



Finally, the Queen spoke. "Greetings, Royals and little ponies alike. The Council will begin shortly, once the Lord of Chaos gets here." The Queen's voice was cold but regal, and spoke of a pony who ruled with an iron hoof. Just as she had spoken those words, however, a draconequus appeared with a bright flash of light. He sat in one of the empty thrones, right next to Chrysalis.

"Here," he said, raising his lion's paw into the air.

Nodding, the Queen began to speak. "I have called you here today to discuss a matter of utmost importance. My guards have found and captured the fourth alicorn. She eluded us for some time, but Lieutenant Soarin of the Lunar Army captured her near the Everfree. It would appear that she was hiding out in the nearby town and was going to the Everfree Castle to free Celestia. Discord, as Celestia's guardian, have you anything to say?"

Discord coughed nervously. "Uh, yes. Although Cadenza did not manage to free Celestia, something else happened."

The entire council gave Discord an expectant look, waiting for him to continue. He had sunk down in his throne (whose carving changed every minute or so) and was refusing to look any of the rulers in the eye.

"What? What happened? Speak," the Queen demanded, staring at Discord.

Discord pointed to the Everfree Castle on the map, and then pointed to the nearby town. “Celestia.. she managed to...um......escape.

The Queen spoke again, her voice loaded with deadly calm.

"Repeat what you just said. Now."

”Uh, she........escaped?"

"Hmm," the Queen hummed. "How very disappointing, Discord. I thought you stripped her of her wings and horn. How exactly did she manage to escape, especially when there were guards? Did she overpower you? That pathetic flightless, magicless alicorn overpowered the Lord of Chaos, everypony!"

Laughter rang throughout the chamber. Discord wasn't sure if he should mention that she hadn't, technically, overpowered him. Finally, he decided that telling the truth might actually be better.

"Um, everypony? She didn't exactly overpower me. She more, uhhhh, kind of, not exactly...."

"Just get to the point, Discord!" Sombra yelled impatiently. "I'm sure we all have better things to do than to sit around and hear you stutter."

"Okay, okay! She.......seduced me."

Silence. Complete and utter silence. Finally, Twilight spoke. "A wingless, magicless alicorn prisoner seduced you?"

"......Yes?"

Twilight facehoofed. "Seriously? Please don't tell me you slept with her."

"Yes?"

Another facehoof. "So we're looking for a possibly pregnant alicorn who my or may not have wings and a horn? Is that what you're saying?"

"Yes?"

"Would you stop answering everything with a question! Yes or no?!"

"Yes?"

"AHHHHH!!!!! Can I kill him, Mother? Please? PLEASE?!”

"No. Not right now." Queen Nightmare Moon finally intervened, placing a calming hoof on her daughter's shoulder. "There is no killing in the Council. Wounding, however, is permitted. But before we punish Discord, the other rulers must report."

"Fine. But who will retrieve Celestia?" Twilight sat back down grumpily, but plastered on a face that made it look like she cared.

"Queen Chrysalis, report." Nightmare Moon ordered, not answering Twilight.

"All is well, Queen. As you are aware, we have taken out any threats you have requested us to. They are safely cocooned, and my subjects and I thank you for letting us roam your cities. One of my small sub-hives has been destroyed, but it means little. We are still strong." Chrysalis sat back, pleased with her hives.

"Very good. I have a few targets, but we shall discuss those later. King Sombra, report," Nightmare Moon ordered the king of the Crystal Empire.

"My empire is as strong as ever. A few slaves revolted, but their leader was.....dealt with. The crystals which you ordered will be arriving, and glow crystals will be distributed to your hives according to you instructions, Queen Chrysalis. Queen Nightmare, your shipment will be arriving soon as well."

"Thank you for your report, King Sombra," the Queen replied. "Have we any other matters to discuss?"

Twilight raised her hoof. "May I speak?"

"Yes."

"Who will capture Celestia?"

"That will be discussed at dinner."

"Okay. Also, can I punish Discord now?" Twilight had a sweet innocent smile that spoke very clearly of dangerous things to come.

Nightmare Moon looked around. The other leaders all had interested looks, and Discord was looking slightly reassured. He probably figured that whatever punishment the Princess gave out wouldn't be nearly as bad. Nightmare Moon smiled and spoke.

"Royals and guards alike, I would like to present my daughter, Princess Twilight Sparkle. As you know, failure is treated quite harshly, and Twilight has been learning how to treat failure. Today, she will use what she has learned."

Twilight shot a beam of magic up to the ceiling. It hit the ceiling and spread over the walls, trapping the Council in. Not even Discord could escape. Still smiling, Twilight proceeded to bring twin magic blades into existence. They shimmered in the candlelight, their sharp blades glistening. "Hold still, Discord," she purred, her voice sinister and dark magic trailing from her eyes. "This won't hurt. Much."

Author's Note:

Please comment on how you would like Spike and the rest of the Main 6 to come into the story.