• Published 15th Aug 2015
  • 2,727 Views, 246 Comments

SweetieMashMinecraftAdventures YAY! - CristalGalaxy



Sweetie Belle and Button Mash are transported to the video game they like so much... And things aren't as fun as you would think they are...

  • ...
18
 246
 2,727

14. False Hopes

"Button..." mumbled Sweetie Belle, feeling numb. "Outside..."

"I know right!" smiled Button, not looking up from the chest. "The world is so beautiful and alive!"

"N... No I mean... Please come here! I think I'm hallucinating!" whimpered Sweetie Belle, not wavering her eyes from where the moving figures were.

Button seemed to finally sense the panic in her voice and cautiously approached her.
"What is is? Did you eat something in the nether?"

"Just look!" she squealed, praying it wasn't a dream.

Button squinted his eyes in the indicated direction and his mouth opened wide.

"Well...?! What are you seeing?" urged Sweetie Belle.

"Are those... players??" he murmured.

"You see them too! Maybe it's help! Button somepony's finally going to rescue us!" she chirped, green sparks coming out of her horn.

"You sure? I don't want to get my hopes up too high!" he said, but Sweetie Belle didn't listen and opened their front door to rush outside.
"Wait up!" exclaimed Button, following behind.

But Sweetie Belle didn't. She was way too exited and worried.

Was this it? Was this nightmare finally going to stop?
Were those ponies out there going to put an end to their horror?

She could see the figures now. They were four.
Three of them seemed to be dressed in lab coats.

"Hey! Hey!" screamed Sweetie Belle at the top of her lungs.

The figures turned around, and watched them approach.

Button ran as fast as he could and went beyond Sweetie Belle, stopping in front of them.
The white filly joined him only seconds later and they could admire the shocked and surprised expressions on the three stallions and one mare's faces.

"W... What?" a stallion exclaimed, leaning in.

Sweetie Belle gasped, now clearly seeing his face.
"Mister GameSpark!"

The creator of their nightmare just stood there, looking at them with big eyes.

The other ponies just started taking notes before Button decided to speak :
"We're trapped! But... You found us! You know your invention? Well... We kinda messed with it and so... It's like.. You know! So can we leave now? Is the button to leave the game available?" he mumbled, getting lost in his sentence, words just stumbling out of his mouth.

GameSpark continued to stare at them and then looked up and sighted with a smile.
"You two... You two foals..."
Then his expression changed into something scary and evil.
"How are you two still alive?!" he laughed.

The two foals in question just stared at him with big eyes.
"Huh?" muttered Button.

"I asked," repeated GameSpark, "How are you two still alive after all this time?!"

"What do you mean 'all this time'?! It's only been a week and three days! I counted!" shouted Sweetie Belle.

GameSpark looked puzzled. "A week and three...? What...! Do you two know how long you've actually been gone?"

Button felt that something bad was coming up.
"Yeah... We... just told you..."

"That must be another glitch... Wow! I created such a huge glitch! It's almost like an amazing spell I invented! Am I not such a genius?" he then grinned, turning to his colleagues.

The ponies just nodded before taking more notes.

"What do you mean 'glitch'? Listen sir, we have no idea about what's been going on here! And we got stuck in here for more than enough time! So now I'm going to say this calmly..." Button took a step forward, his face becoming angry. "Get us out of your damm invention before I really get mad."

GameSpark, Sweetie Belle and the three ponies looked surprised.
Sweetie Belle just stared at her brave friend and GameSpark almost took a step back in front of the determination and anger of the colt.
But he quickly regained his composure and mocked Button.

"Quite a little fighter ya got there huh little filly?" he smiled. "But don't you two worry, I can explain the glitch to you two. Your poor, useless and slow minds would never be able to figure anything out after all!"

Button lunged at the stallion with a cry but was stopped when a blue aura coming from one of the stallion's horn engulfed him and immobilized him.

The same thing happens to Sweetie Belle before she could even open her mouth.

"Now, as you two surely at least figured out," started GameSpark patiently, "You were transported to Minecraft thanks to my amazing invention that - sadly - still isn't finished yet.
The night you disappeared, I came back to get my camera and, when I couldn't find you two anywhere and saw that my camera had been used plus the fact that your game menu was open, I assumed that being the stupid and curious children as you were, you had been transported to Minecraft.
I copied the world seed you were in and left the house, leaving the rest to your family and the guards.

But I just had to continue my glorious work and decided to experiment in the world you've been stuck in.
I didn't say anything to anypony expect for my colleagues, because I simply didn't want my invention to have a bad reputation or run the risk for it to be shut down.

So I patiently waited. And at last one day, both your families came to the conclusion that you two had fled your houses.
Heck Button's mother even sold his computer!
And I actually thought that you were dead! After all this time, you'd think that two mere infants wouldn't have the intelligence to survive!
But when you said that it had only been ten days, I realized the most important glitch of all : One day here is one whole month in the real world."

The stallion then leaned in and squinted his eyes with a happy face, staring directly into Button's furious eyes.
"You've been gone for ten months kids."

Sweetie Belle felt her world crumble and tears started to flow down her cheeks.
The most marking part in GameSpark's story was that her sister and whole family just forgot about her.

"No..." a faint whisper came from Button's side. "They... You... How can you be so evil...?!"

"Kid," shrugged GameSpark. "The market is tuff these days. You gotta do what you gotta do.
And actually, I believe that the time has come for us to leave."

The stallion got out of his pocket a small device with a few buttons on it.
"You ponies ready? And I don't ever want these two mentioned ever again! They're dead to us okay? We never saw them!" declared GameSpark.

"No wait! You can't do this!" screamed Sweetie Belle. "Please! How could you?! Let us come with you!"

"No!" muttered Button. "Let Sweetie Belle go! Leave me here! She'll promise she won't ever say anything about me trapped here okay? But please let her go!"

GameSpark sighted as he pressed one of the buttons and started to fade away.

"Listen kid! I don't care about you or your friend! Now just keep in mind that you can't get out, you're family forgot all about you and that you're gonna die soon!
See ya!"

And with a maniacal laugh, he and his colleagues disappeared with a flash of white.

Author's Note:

Phew! I've had this idea ever since the very first chapter! Finally found a moment to stick it in :rainbowwild:
And thank you for all your support.
In the very last chapter, I'll mention all the bronies and Pegasisters that supported me all along :heart: