• Published 1st Aug 2015
  • 711 Views, 40 Comments

My Best Friend: Sunset Shimmer - PinkieLunaShy



When Sunset Shimmer arrives through the portal, she meets an interesting girl. Is she just using her or is she want to be her friend?

  • ...
8
 40
 711

Helping

Pain.

That's what I felt when I came to. My whole head hurt, like I had been punched to many times. My eyes adjusted to the light of the room. I was in Nurse Cadence's office, with a cold pack on my forehead. Someone had pulled my hair back and clipped my bangs to the side. I tried to sit up only for a hand to stop me.

"Don't try to move. You were hit pretty hard." Nurse Cadence kept her hand on my shoulder until I relaxed. "Eve, Olive, and Rainbow told me what happened."

"Can you tell me what happened?" I glanced at her before letting out a sigh. "I honestly don't know."

"Well," Nurse Cadence took a seat in her chair. "Olive and Rainbow were in a friendly soccer competition and kicked the ball a little too hard and it hit you in the face."

"No wonder I hurt." I chuckled slightly, clutching the bridge of my nose.

"I called your mom already and she should be here shortly." Cadence rose to her feet as I willed myself to sit up. "You need to rest."

"I gotta get home. I have stuff to do. I feel fine, a little sore but fine." I shakily stood on my feet only to sit back down. "I'm fine. It doesn't hurt that much." Struggling I rose to my feet and stood.

Cadence looked at me, her eyes full of concern as I walked over and got my messenger bag and slung it over my shoulder. Removing the bobby pins and ponytail holder holding my hair back, I ran a hand through my hair. I swayed slightly, I did not feel fine at all, but I needed to get home and help my mom, I didn't need her sitting around being worried about me. Nurse Cadence didn't stop me as I waved goodbye and walked out into the hall.


When I got home, my mom fused over me. Telling me not to lay down, tell her if I felt worse, and not to worry about my chores that day. So I sat around texting my friends and doing homework. Rainbow and Olive both apologized for the accident and I quickly forgave them. Since homework was light I ended up finishing fairly early. Just as I was about to take a shower I got a text:

I need to talk to you.

Huh? Who is this?

Sunset.

My eyebrows furrowed, only my friends, track, and band kids have my number. I don't just give it away.

How did you get my number?

I asked that kid who manages track with you. Told him I was interested, he gave me your number.

I sighed, Eve. Why hath you done this my friend?

What do you want Shimmer?

Meet me in front of the horse statue in ten minutes.

Why?

I waited a few minutes for a response and when one didn't come I sighed and grabbed my shoes. I didn't have to go, I mean she wasn't the boss of me but...

Why did I feel compelled to?

Racing down the hall, I headed for the front door only to be stopped by my mom.

"Hey, where do you think you're going?" My mom asked, as she finished washing some dishes.

"I promised someone I'd meet up with them to help them get ready for track. A new kid, named Sunset Shimmer." My face contorted when I spoke her name, something my mom noticed.

"Is something wrong with her?" My mom leaned on the counter.

"Well, no. She just doesn't have any friends and a sour attitude." I glanced at my watch, four minutes until I was late, "I'll be back in a couple of hours!"

"Alright. Call me when you get there. Walk safely and be away of your surroundings. Don't put in your headphones and-"

"- don't talk to strangers. I know Mama, I know." I rolled my eyes, "I'll be home in a bit. I love you."

"I love you too ladybug."

With that, I ran out the door and down the street.


"You're late." Sunset snarled as I arrived at the statue 8 minutes later.

"Oh, fuck off!" I glared at her, "Why did you want to see me?"

"I need your help getting some things for track. I thought it would be easier asking a girl." Sunset eyed me up and down, "Although the way you stand and how low your voice is I'm starting to question that."

"Hey!" I straightened my shoulders and switched the pitch of my voice, "Just because I prefer to talk low doesn't mean I'm a guy."

"Whatever you say." Sunset started walking off in the direction of the mall.

"If you're gonna insult me I can go home, you know?" I glowered at her.

Sunset sighed, "Fine. I apologize."

I snorted, "Whatever. How much money do you have to work with?"

"About 1000." Sunset shrugged, "Is that enough?"

I stared at her, my eyes wide and unblinking. "Yeah, that's more than enough."

"Good." Sunset started walking again and I trailed behind her.

We walked to the mall in silence, occasionally sparring a glance at one another. Entering the mall, I lead Sunset to the nearest sports store to find the items she required. And with all that money she had, I didn't go looking for the cheap stuff. All the stuff she got easily breached 500 dollars. I carried some of her stuff while she carried the majority of the load.

"Are you hungry?" Sunset asked, glancing at me.

"A little." I shrugged. "But I don't have any money, so I'll just wait til I get home."

"C'mon. I saw a Chinese food place I wanted to try. I'll pay." Sunset lead the way to the restaurant.

"I don't want you to pay for me." I said, shaking my head.

"It's my treat, since you helped me out today."

I eyed her warily, "You're being awful nice all of a sudden... I think I'll pass."

Sunset rolled her eyes, "Whatever. I was just trying to be grateful that you help me."

"Well," I snorted, "A simple 'thanks' will suffice, along with a real apology for saying you think I'm a cross dressing guy."

Sunset grit her teeth, "Not my fault you look boyish. Probably because you only hang out with guys all the time."

I dropped her bags on the ground, spilling the contents, "Bye bitch. Have fun picking up your stuff!"

I walked out of my mall, ignoring Sunset calls filled with profanity and curses on my life. I tried to be nice, I really did, but I was sick of her and her bad attitude. I hope she doesn't make the team.

When I got home I sprinted up the stairs, took a shower, and went to bed. Before I closed my eyes I realized one thing:

I was gonna have to deal with her again tomorrow.

Author's Note:

Okay, 'nother chapter.

Hasn't been edited, yadda yadda yadda.

Enjoy, leave a comment, leave a fave!