• Published 1st Aug 2015
  • 704 Views, 40 Comments

My Best Friend: Sunset Shimmer - PinkieLunaShy



When Sunset Shimmer arrives through the portal, she meets an interesting girl. Is she just using her or is she want to be her friend?

  • ...
8
 40
 704

Her

Author's Note:

This is a rewrite of the orignal chapter also named "Her".

This has been proofread.


Character Descriptions:

Name: Eve Spark
Gender: Male
Appearance: Tan skin, yellow eyes, mid-back length messy bright amber hair with pink tips; wears a yellow sweatshirt, black sleeveless hoodie, light brown khakis, and brown high-tops (like Converses)/low boots with a small blue star on the side.
Personality: Cheerful, happy-go-lucky, adventurous, fun, kind, understanding, slightly naive
Cutie Mark: Yellow five-point star inside a blue swirling fireball
Talent: Magic, building/fixing machinery (mechanical and electronic)
Other details: 'Weird', does thing his own way, likes parkour, comics, drawing, and music. Has discernment.

Name: Weed Poem
Gender: Male
Appearance: Non nondescript grey, dark brown hair, prosthetic leg. Blue Jeans and a plain black t-shirt.
Cutie Mark: Flaming typewriter with grawlixes flying out of it.
Personality: Introverted. A bit gruff, but kind.
Other details: Fascinated with musical theatre and a bit quirky.

Name: Olive Green
Gender: Male
Apperence: Light green curly hair. Bright green eyes, golden skin. Cargo pants with a white shirt and brown vest.
Cutie Mark: Nothing.
Personality: Cocky yet caring of friends
Other details: "Other details? I'm amazing, is that a good detail?"

Name: Plushy Star
Gender: Female
Apperence: Butt length dark blue hair with light blue bangs. Electric blue eyes and light brown skin. Light blue flowered jeans, pink sleeved baseball shirt, and pink hi-tops.
Cutie Mark: A plush star
Personality: Outgoing, cheerful, caring, stubborn, easily distracted.
Other details: A complete nerd. Loves to read, dance and write.

Pretty

Talented

Smart

If anyone would ask me how to describe Sunset Shimmer, that's what I'd say. From her lightly curled crimson and gold hair to her confident smirk, she radiates natural beauty. Sunny is good at anything and everything. I bet she could be a cheerleader if she wanted to! With a 4.0 average she's easily one of the smartest people in CHS.

But...

That's how I would've described her before the Junior year Fall Formal. When she was my friend, not a power crazy monster. See it happened when...

Actually let me go back to the beginning, when I first met Sunset Shimmer.

It was a few years ago...


I stared at her, she glared at me. She was just across the cafeteria, sitting alone and glowering at everyone who spared her a glance. She was pretty, but wearing a skirt in Spring wasn't really smart. The weather could shift in the blink of an eye. Then again my own plan of wearing shorts wasn't a genius move either. Anyway, I wonder why she's so angry. I don't know her from Adam, heck I didn't even know Sunset Shimmer was a person.

"Plushy? Hello, earth to noob!" Olive Green rapped on my arm, startling me out of my daze. "Did you hear a word I said?"

I shook my head, "Sorry, I was distracted."

"We could tell." Eve smiled at me, running a hand through his amber hair. "What were you looking at?" He followed my prior line of sight before smiling softly.

"Doesn't matter. Anyway, you are gonna time my run against Rainbow today? She thinks she can beat my record on the hurdles." Olive grinned before leaning back in his chair. "Maybe in her dreams she can, but we all know who the fastest freshmen at CHS is."

"Indeed we do." Weed Poem agreed, smiling mischiviously, "And its not you."

Olive shot Poem a glare before huffing and looking away. "Whatever."

I smiled, looking around at my group of friends. Once more my gaze locked on her she looks so angry. How could someone so pretty look so angry. I felt Eve nudge me, causing me to glance at him. With his head he signaled for me to go over to her. I rose to me feet and grabbed my backpack, slinging it over my shoulder.

"I'll be back." With that I walked over and sat across from Sunset Shimmer. "Hi, I'm Plushy Star!"

"So?" Sunset glared at me, stabbing the food on her tray. "What do you want?"

"I just wanted to talk. You seemed kinda lonely." I fished around in my backpack and pulled out a bag of cookies. "Here, my mom made these yesterday. She always gives me a lot more than I can eat so I can share."

Sunset reached over for the bag and extracted a single cookie. She took a small bite before setting it on her tray. I watched, waiting for some form of expression to reveal she liked it. Sunset simply glared at me.

"I like your hair," I ventured, flicking my hair out of my eyes, "Mine never takes curls, they always fall out."

"Hm." Sunset grunted, her glare never faltering.

"I also really like your jacket, but a word of advice, don't wear skirts in Spring. The weather always changes so it's not a smart move." I gestured to her outfit.

"I'll remember that." Sunset picked up the cookie again.

I sighed before digging around in my backpack and pulling out a note pad. I still had some work to do for my next class, and since Sunset wasn't really talkative decided I might as well finish it here. While I worked, Sunset finished eating and got up to clear her tray. I closed my note pad and put it away. At least I tried talking to her. Maybe it'll be easier on her now. I was just about to get up when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Meet me by the horse statue after school," Sunset stated before stalking off to her next class.

I wonder why she wants to talk to me now?


As I exited the school at the end of the day, I saw Sunset leaning against the statue. I skipped down the steps before coming to a halt in front of the flame haired girl.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" I asked, my arms folded across my chest.

"I wanted to," Sunset sighed, "apologize for my rude behavior earlier."

"Don't worry about it." I gave Sunset a light shrug, "Its not like I'm heartbroken or anything." I glance at my watch, "Is that it? 'Cause I got a race to time and I don't have time to stand around." I turned on my heel and started back up the stairs.

"Wait!" Sunset called out to me, causing me to glance back at her. "Nngh, I need your h-help."

"What for?" I turned around slightly.

"I want to join Track." Sunset looked off to the side. "In my old wor- school, I was pretty athletic."

"Fill out a form in the office and we'll get back to you. Make sure you've taken a physical in the last year and you have the gear." I started walking up the stairs again, just for Sunset to call out again.

"What gear?" Sunset asked, her impatience growing, "Aren't you supposed to explain all that to me? Isn't that what managers are supposed to do?"

I jumped down the stairs, and stood right in front of Sunset, glaring up at her. "All I'm 'supposed' to do, Sunset Shimmer, is point you in the direction of the office to get a form, and then get back to practice. I don't have to stand around and deal with you for the rest of the afternoon Shimmer." I turned on my heel and marched up the stairs, "And with that attitude Coach probably won't let you join!"


"Time!" I heard Eve yell from his place beside me as Olive and Rainbow crossed the finish line.

Beep! Beep!

My camera beeped, alerting me that the picture I had taken of the two crossing the finish line had loaded. Today we were working with the Elementary kids, running and playing different games to get them moving. Rainbow and Olive stood behind me trying to glance at the camera.

"And the winner is," I looked at both of them. "Rainbow Dash!"

"Aww yeah!" Rainbow cheered, pumping a fist into the air.

"No way!" Olive snatched the camera out of my hand. "You guys must have rigged the contest!"

Eve shook his head, "No, you tripped over a few of the hurdles. You would have won if it weren't for that."

Olive tossed me my camera with a huff. "Whatever, I'll beat you next week Rainy."

"Sure you will." replied Rainbow, smirking as Olive folded his arms.

Eve nudged me and showed the times the two had run causing me to speak up. "Hey guys? Are you eating or doing something differently?"

"Not that I can think of." Rainbow shrugged, "Why?"

"Your times are slower than normal. It's kind of odd." I shrugged, "It's not by a lot but its enough for me to let you know."

"Wow Rainbow Dash! That was totally awesome!" One of the kids yelled, I think her name's Scootaloo. "One day, I wanna be as fast as you!"

Rainbow laughed and ruffled the girls hair. "Keep practicing. Maybe one day you'll be almost as good as I am!"

Olive clapped his hands together, causing the small group of children to look at him. "Okay! You guys want to be fast runners?"

"Yeah!" came the loud, and slightly squeaky reply.

"Well then, you have to warm up! Lets all head towards the jungle gym." Olive and Rainbow led the children towards the jungle gym.

Turning off my camera, I slipped it into my flowered jeans pocket and latched my fingers around the plush star hanging from my belt. My dad had given it to me right before his deployment, when he was out of town training. Everyone at my school has a symbol, some call it a mark. It's supposed to be our namesake item.

You make your mark during the 8th grade. Principal Celestia makes a long drawn out speech about finding who you are and the importance of a mark. She tells all about how she figured out what her mark was and so on and so forth. It's really pointless actually. I guess its to help us figure out who we want to be when we get older.

I suppose I zoned out while thinking about all of this because I didn't hear Eve call out to me. All I remember was something hitting me in the face and then...

Nothing.