• Published 28th Jul 2015
  • 714 Views, 32 Comments

An Old and Wise Star - Gianfar



In the Everfree forest there's problems with the creatures that threatening Ponyville. Then Luna coupled with her guards, decides to investigate the forest, but what surprises bring the forest to them?

  • ...
10
 32
 714

Chapter 2: The Sad Story of a Warrior

"But what? How is it possible that he..." Luna could not finish the sentence as it was in shock at what she had seen, and then took a misstep and fell out to the ground, that apparently that alerted Meissa. The wolf lifted the ears, raised his head and looked over to where was Luna.

"Mm?, What happens Meissa? Did you hear anything?" said Orion looking at Meissa "Easy, must be a mouse or a small animal"

Meissa not looked away from where he had heard the noise and growled slightly, then Orion looks at his friend and realizes that isn't a mouse, apparently there was something behind the trees, but they didn't know it was Luna. Orion slowly stood up, put on his coat and grabbed his sword. He stood in silence to see what had alarmed Meissa.

"Okay, stay here watching the fire, if something does happen, I will let you know" said Orion softly to Meissa.

The wolf sat beside the bonfire with ears up as much as his tail was straight, Orion cautiously walked to where Meissa heard noises and gradually it was entering the trees, Luna realizes that he is going to where she is, then she decides cautiously hide in the trees so that Orion doesn't see. Luna knew he had bandaged her wounds and helped with the manticora but couldn't trust a stranger, and less with what she had seen. She knew she had the dagger to defend herself, then she takes out the dagger from his coat and prepared for the worst.

Orion jutted between the trees and with much cautiously gave each of his steps, levitating his sword behind of his back and it was to thousand eyes to find the invader, on the other hand Luna saw him ever closer her, and cautiously walked toward another tree, luckily Orion had not listened her and continues as if nothing entering himelf in the trees. Luna increasingly saw him closer yet and was starting to scare, then decided to go to another tree, but that was a mistake, to get to the tree, she stepped on a branch, this alarmed to Orion. The unicorn stayed in his place looking around, looking for where and who was responsible for that sound, Luna remained static in the same tree, unable to move not even her hooves, all that remained was to stay there and wait for Orion pass and if is a miracle he does not realized that she is there. Orion continued his march, he headed for the tree that where was Luna, he went through the side of the tree cautiously but not looked at the tree but forward, where he gave his step, Luna held her breath, prepared her dagger and waited worst. Orion stopped just to about five meters, she could see clearly, he was ahead of her.

After a few eternal seconds to Luna, Orion continued his march slowly. Luna waited a few seconds and gave a big sigh of relief. Suddenly, of a blow, she was cornered by surprise causing that her dagger fall to the ground. Luna felt something in her neck and was cold, she opened her eyes gently and realizes that Orion had cornered her against the tree, on two legs both, and it had his sword on her neck.

"Who are you and what are you do here?" said Orion to the offensive.

"Please, don't hurt me!" said Luna trembling nonstop.

Orion realized that this voice was familiar, looked to Luna and he surprised to see that it was she whom he had cornered with his sword. Orion immediately removed his sword of neck of Luna.

"¿Luna? but ... What are you doing here at this hour in the Everfree forest?"

Orion couldn't believe that Luna is in the Everfree forest after what happened to her and also he said it was not convenient to come to the forest and less at night

"Are you alright?" asked Orion

"Y-yes, I'm fine"

-Sigh- "Come on!. Better we go to where I am. This is a dangerous place" said Orion

Luna not say anything, just nodded.

Orion gave a smile and decided to take her to the bonfire, but before to go, Orion noticed something on the floor and raised it with his magic, he was surprised to see it was a dagger of steel with blade double-edged and with inlaid of emerald and diamond in the handle.

"Hm, apparently you didn't come with empty hooves after all" joked Orion.

"W-Well... I-I didn't want to come to the forest d-disarmed"

Orion looked at Luna with a smile without a word, he returned the dagger to its owner and then they went to the fire where was Meissa waiting, but when they reached to the bonfire Meissa jumped above to Luna and gave her a warm and humid welcome.

"Hehehehe, Also is good to see you again Meissa" said Luna

"Hmhm, seems he likes you" Orion said with a smile. "Apparently you've got a new friend"

"You heard it?, we will be good friends don't believe Meissa?" said Luna, and because of that, Meissa gave another very wet lick "hehehe. You tickle me!"

"Hmhm. You don't think you've licked enough the Luna's face" said Orion looking at Meissa

"It's ok!. No problem" said Luna "Hey. What happened with you? you are very hurt.

"It's nothing. I just had a problem with an Timberwolf. It is that I invaded his territory and then he attacked me by surprise"

"But are you ok?"

"Yes. I'm fine. It will heal, is no problem" said Orion with a smile.

Orion then turned his gaze to a container that was in the fire and in that vessel was his dinner, it was cooking and could feel the smell around the campfire, Orion was going to offer a little to Luna, but she won him.

"Mmm. What is that delicious smell?" said Luna almost drooling to notice the smell

"Oh. hmhm. Is the soup I was making to dinner. Do you want some?"

"Mmm. Okay. if you don't mind"

Orion shone his horn and the side of the campfire sack a plate and opened the pot containing a delicious vegetable soup with spiced the same forest, he grabbed a spoon, poured on the plate and handed it to Luna, he also sack another plate for him and also poured some soup. Luna raised her dish with her magic and took to her mouth, took a sip and then left the dish on the floor without making any gesture.

"Well. What do you think? You like it?" asked Orion.

"Uh. well..." Luna couldn't believe it, she never had tasted a so delicious soup, never she felt that her palate dance so

"Hmhm, it seems you don't like it much at all" said Orion with a smile

"Actually... It's delicious... Very delicious" said Luna "I never had tasted a soup so delicious"

"Hmhm. Stop talking nonsense. I'm not a professional cook, it's just an ordinary vegetable soup" said Orion

"No. I'm serious, is very delicious" said Luna taking another sip

"Thanks" he said blushing "Hey... can I ask you a question?"

"Sure" Luna said as she took another sip

"What were you doing here in the forest at night and alone? After what happened last night should be something that makes you come back to the forest and also at night"

Luna swallowed quickly to avoid drowning "Uh, well ... j-just wanted to know h-how you were and wanted to... s-spend to greet"

"Hmhm. Tell me the truth. Why are you here?"

"I-I'm telling the truth" said Luna a bit more firmer

"You lying"

"How do you know that I'm lying?"

"Because when anyone lie their voice becomes more brittle and sometimes stutters, their breathing is becoming more frequent" said Orion looking Luna "Besides... you will not be here to recover your necklace. right?" he said as he pulled out the necklace of Luna of his purse that had at his side

"How do you know I lost my necklace?" said Luna surprised

"Because when Meissa and I were returning to home, I saw something shining on the ground. I approached to it and I saw it was a necklace that had a white crescent moon and I figured it might be yours" said Orion as he levitated the necklace to Luna and putting back in her neck.

"Thanks. Thank you for recover it" said Luna looking at her necklace relieved

"It's Nothing. But try not to go into the forest. I don't want to you finish wound again"

"Okay. I'll try to not come much to the forest" said Luna a bit sorry for what happened "Orion. Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure"

"How is it that Meissa is as big as me? I know the wolves and I've never seen one like this size, and also the plant with which you healed me. My sister told me not grow here in Equestria and to get them is almost impossible. How did you get them if only gets into the realms of East? and if you could also tell me this. Are you an alicorn?"

Orion took a deep breath and glanced toward the fire

"I wish you had not seen it. Seems you already know my secret. Yes I am a alicorn" said Orion taking off his coat, showing that Luna was right

"But. how is that possible? I mean... my sister, my niece Princess Cadance, Princess Twilight Sparkle and I are the only ones Alicorn that left"

"Well... apparently I am another, but this is something I don't like to be and that I never wanted to be from the beginning" said Orion seriously

"But if you wanted to not be a alicorn. How was it that you became one?"

-Sigh- "Better I tell you everything from the beginning so you can understand it better" Orion said even without taking your eyes off the fire.

"I'm not a young alicorn first. Actually I have more than two thousand years"

"Two thousand years?"

(Flashback Time)

"I was born as a unicorn in a town that was located in the West Equestria, there were about seven hundred people there, it was not a very poor village but neither rich nor powerful. Everypony there knew each other very well, everyone got along very well, there was no one who did not get along there, it was like heaven for me, there were ponies earth, pegasus and unicorns, no matter what economic situation they had or that work, all we were friends. I lived in a large mud-brick house with my parents and my brother, my father was called Shining Blaze he was a warrior and leader of the town, he was a unicorn like me, his fur was reddish and his hair was chestnut but his eyes were emerald green; he was considered as one of the best warriors in the West and was well known in other major towns, and a great father to me, my mother was called Silvertree, she was a earth pony, her fur was orange and her mane was light brown and her eyes were navy blue. She was a farmer, was the daughter of one of the most important farmers of the town; and my brother was called Markab, he was a white Pegasus, his mane was black and his eyes were blue. He was bigger than I.

I was very curious, I really wanted to know and learn new things, I was almost always reading books my father that he had on a shelf, there was everything on that shelf, history, mythology, geography, magic and more. Sometimes when my father went on a of his missions, he brought me some other book in which I could read and learn. There were times that he taught me his spells to I could learn.

"Come on, you can do it Orion!, you just have to concentrate and shoot to the table" said Blaze

"I... try... but it's... very difficult..." said Orion tired

"Come on, I know you can do it, just concentrate and aim"

"Ok .... here I go!"

The lightning came out straight to the wooden board, destroying it in pieces

"Wow!, it seems that you do better every time Selkie" said Blaze

"Really?"

"Yes, of course!, my Selkie increasingly is becoming stronger" said Blaze caressing his head.

"Dad" said Orion looking his father.

"What happens child?"

"When I grow, I want to be a warrior like you" said Orion with pride.

"Hmhm, okay, if that what you want I'll teach you many things for you to be a warrior like me"

"Yes!!"

"Not so fast, there is still much for you to be a warrior like me, you are still a colt to be a warrior, takes a lot of training and courage, we first have to start with the basics and then his time will you go forward" said Blaze looking at Orion

"No matter how much I make, I'll be whatever it takes to be a warrior!"

"Hmhm, that's my son" said Blaze caressing his head

"Hehehehe..."

Orion: "I always wanted to be a warrior like him, that was my dream. Although sometimes I couldn't do a simple spell, but I never gave up. Over the years my father trained me more and more, and increasingly I made more stronger, same for my brother, my father would put obstacles and objectives in which he had to do in time limit. Also over time he became increasingly stronger and more agile in flight.
Instead my mother didn't like that we were training all the time, she said that we could seriously hurt, typical of every mother"

"Wait, Selkie? your father told you Selkie?" asked Luna trying to not laugh.

"Hmhm. Yes. Selknam is my last name and also of my brother, my father and my mother always told me Selkie. However to my brother they called him Markie" replied Orion with a giggle "One day I remember that my brother and I had come home after training and we were all dirty and wounds" said with a smile "My mother almost fainted to see us so hmhm"

"Oh my god!, look at yourself!, are all dirty and wounded" exclaimed Silver

"Sorry mom. I think we exceeded us a bit this time" said Markab with his ears low

"-Sigh-. Go to wipe and then down so I heal their wounds" ordered Silver to her children

"Alright mom" said the two brothers grieved

Silver gave another sigh and went out to the backyard and went to her plant Aloe Vera and took some gores to heal the wounds of her children, then went back to the house and started cutting small and thin strips, and pulled from a shelf some bandages. The two brothers down the stairs, clean and headed to where his mother was.

"Okay, sit down so I can put them the bandages " said Silver gripping one of the bandages with Aloe. "Tell me. How was your training now?" said while was bandaging to Markab

"Well, we started to warm running around the town, then went to the forest Tall Tale to practice our agility running through the trees, then we went to Smokey Mountain, in the way we meet a bear that was angry, he wanted to attack us and well... us defended, after that we decided to return to the village to take a little break, then went to the river from here near to train and fight between us" told Orion

"Apparently you had a busy day, right?" said Silver now bandaging Orion

"Actually today was very light" said Markab

"Yes, I think tomorrow we will train a little harder!" said Orion

After a few moments of some bandages and scolding of Silver

"Okay, It's already" finished bandaging her children

"Thanks Mom! and uh ... tomorrow we'll try not to hurt us a lot or get in trouble"

"-Sigh-. Boys, I'm going to say something. I have no problem to you two train almost every day, it's just ... I don't want something bad happens to you"

"For the next it's not going to happen mother, this time we'll beware" said Orion with his ears low

Silver gave a big smile and said "Well, I think that after your training must be hungry, how about if I make some hay sandwiches?"

"Yes!"

O: "My mother always worried that if we trained a lot and going to dangerous places we could hurt or worse but always supported us after all; there were times we did it on purpose because our mother was rarely unoccupied, as she was always working in the small farm behind of our house , we used this as an excuse for she to be with us" said Orion in a brittle voice
"But all the peace that the town had a day crumbled. My brother was twenty-four and I twenty, we were in the river near the town, were training as usual, everything seemed like every normal day but then came one of the warriors of the town running towards us and was moderately wounded"

"Markab, Orion, we need you urgently in the town, is under attack!" said the Guard

O: "My heart started racing like crazy, we had no idea who was the attacker, so decided to go to the town. When we were going to the town, we asked the guard who was the attacker"

"Alsahm, do you have any idea who the attacker of our town?" asked Markab

"The attackers are the town who are in White Tail Woods, the attack began about twenty minutes ago, your father told me they were here in the river training, so he ordered me take you to the town immediately" said Alsahm.

"Are there any casualties?" asked Orion

"We do not know how many, but I think we don't have over forty casualties " replied Alsahm

O: "I was very scared, I always trained hard with Markab, but we don't knew that we would enter in combat so quickly and without notice. When we reached the outskirts of the town, we saw the warriors of the attacker town, smashed homes and the invaders massacred as they were crossing the way. My father was in outside the town refugee with other warriors, planning a surprise attack strategy"

"Orion, Sorry to interrupt but why the town of White Tail Woods attacked out of nowhere?" said Luna

"The nearby town had as leader a unicorn "child" power hungry, he wanted to proclaim the lands where our town for him because he discovered that one of his ancestors owned one of the parts of the town lands, but our citizens refused to surrender the lands. There were times he sent one of his informant with a peace treaty if we delivered the land, on the contrary they will proclaim the lands by force, but always that coming his informant always declined his offer. He had offered part of his wealth and several of his best of his warriors, but always we refused"

Luna didn't said anything, just let Orion continue with her story

"When we got to where my father, we were greeted with a hug"

"Dad!"

"Children, how are you two?"

"Are you okay? Where is mom?" said Orion worried

"Yes I'm fine, and she's fine too, she evacuated along with the inhabitants" replied Blaze "Now Let's go with the others to tell of the plan of attack"

"Alright dad" said Orion

When Blaze with his children when they met with the other warriors, he began to count the plan...

"Ok here's the plan. The soldiers Pegasus will go on air on my signal to give a little stinky gift for those scoundrels, earth ponies and unicorns I want you all to come with me to the ground for the attack melee, then of the attack of our attack surprise. Markab you are going to go with the other Pegasus warriors and wait for my signal to give a surprise hit. Orion you come with me and the other warriors for ground to give the attack melee"

O: He told us to prepare us for combat and that if it was necessary, catch some weapons. My brother decided to take some gloves for special helmets of fighting with spikes sticking out. I instead decided to grab a sword, as my father taught me to be swordsman, and I had seen a dagger between all the weapons, I decided to grab her by in case I need it

My dear brothers!, Friends!, You always knew me as Blaze, the leader of this great town, but today just I'm a more than another warrior in the fight to defend our beloved land, I don't ask you to fight for me! but to fight for the land that you were born and raised !, fight for his families! fight for the brother who fight with you!, we are here today to defend our land from a leader who is power-hungry and wants us snatch our lands!

"Are going to let this child snatch us our land!? Are going to let he humiliate us!?"

"NO!!" shouted the warriors

Then, let's show at bastard what these warriors can do!!

After an inspiring speech, the warriors went to the town and is entered in their positions. The Pegasi is placed on one side of the town, hidden in some houses, were armed with iron gloves with spiked and odor pipe bombs. The Warriors of earth also hiding in some houses, awaiting the attack of the Pegasus. The strategy was to wait for the invaders will advance into the town and then be surprise by the Pegasi with stink bombs and when they are distracted, Blaze with his son and his warriors begin the melee attack the invaders

O: "It was time to prepare to give the surprise attack, all were in their position. Just spent a few moments for the invaders to pass through the place of attack, and without are given account the Pegasi with my brother gave the surprise attack, attackers ponies were distracted and dispersed by stink bombs, then our father gave us the signal to go to the attack. Every minute that passed seemed eternal, together with my father we attacked a small squad, didn't take us long to overcome. But suddenly we were surprised by arrows came from one of the houses"

"Orion, go to the tavern and go forward cautiously from the rear to surprise snipers" ordered Blaze

"Yes father!" said Orion

"Markab!, go with your brother to get us off those snipers" ordered Blaze also

"To the order" said Markab

The two brothers went to the tavern where the snipers were, surrounded it and headed for the rear part, Markab looked out a window and saw how many there were in, in total there were five down. Orion expected the signal his brother to come in and surprise the ponies, Markab still looking out the window waiting for the way is clear.
After a few seconds, Markab gave the signal, Orion entered the house followed by Markab and attacked the ponies that were inside. Markab went to one that was in the bar along with two others, these were preparing arrows for snipers, with his gloves he reached one of the enemy and hit him in the middle of your chest, to see down to the first warrior, turns and of a jump attacks the other warrior pulling against one of the furniture of the tavern, the last standing headed Markab his back, but it was a serious mistake, with his hind hooves hit him throwing against the wall it leaving him lying on the ground, he didn't took much effort to finish them. Orion instead walked to where were the tables, were two warriors that were preparing their bows to shoot at him, the arrows passed close Orion but didn't hit him, then drew his sword and skewered on the right side of one of them then he pulled out his dagger and throw against the other pony nailing it to the front of it.
Suddenly appeared others six ponies going down the stairs that they were on the second level, they shot arrows at the two brothers and forcing them to go under cover.

"Orion, can you throw a lightning with your magic to get us off" said Markab while some arrows passed over him nailing into the wooden wall.

"Alright!" said Orion

Orion had to find a way to shoot the lightning without them killed him with the arrows, then decided to grab a chair that was his right and throw to where the enemy was. The chair fell over one of the warriors and as soon as he threw the chair against one of the enemies warriors, he got up by bar and fired a multiple lightning that reached each of the enemies dropping their dead bodies on the ground.

"Wow!, I didn't know you could shoot more than one lightning at a time" said Markab amazed
"Me neither" said Orion even more amazed

"Ok, I'll go see if more up, then we return with dad, he should need help" said Markab going up the stairs

"Ok" said Orion

Orion went to the pony he had killed with his dagger to get it out and save it in his scabbard. Then few seconds later "Everything clear" said Markab down stairs

"Then, let us return with Dad" said Orion

The two brothers left the tavern and went to where his father was, he was fighting with an enemy squad with two warriors unicorns, then Markab y Orion joined the fight.

"Apparently you're having fun without us" joked Markab.

"Hm!, needless to say it, why don't you join the party?" also joked Blaze.

"It will be a pleasure" said Orion

O: "When we returned with our father, we started to move towards the enemy, we throw down with everything that they stood in the way, platoon by platoon, nothing stopped us, I remember that my brother was flying from here to there, sweeping away everything in his path, my father with other two unicorns was shooting a lightning against the squads with one shot and I mutilated everything that was crossing me with my sword. Everything was fine, we were winning the battle... but... but... "sniff" ... apparently my father couldn't win the battle"

"Wait, your father..." Luna didn't want to finish the sentence

"(Sniff) My ... My father was h-hit by one of the enemies ..." his voice was becoming more brittle

Luna opened her mouth to say something but nothing came

"I turned around and saw my father standing on two legs and protruding from his chest a sword, I immediately saw that behind him was an enemy warrior, I didn't hesitate to go to them and take out the enemy warrior and stab him with my sword in all his chest and tear him apart. M-My father had fallen to the ground face up, then I said to one of the warriors to help me carry him to one of the houses"

"You'll be okay dad, you'll be fine, MARKAB!!!!" shouted Orion very nervous and scared

Markab heard the scream of his brother and then went over to where he was

"What's up Ori... Oh no, What happened?" said Markab

"One of the enemy warriors caught him and nailed his sword on his back" said Orion with tears

"Oh no!, A doctor!, bring a doctor!" shouted Markab

O: "My brother called a doctor to heal his wounds with a spell... but apparently it... it was too late."

"A doctor!!" Markab still screaming

"I-I don't think a doctor c-can save me" said Blaze weakly

"Don't say that dad, you'll be fine, j-just you need a doctor to can heal you" said Orion

"N-no, my son, I already gave my fight, "cough", now this fight is of y-you two" said Blaze

"No daddy no, don't leave us, please don't leave us" said Orion breaking into tears

"Y-You know what son?, I was always p-proud of you, both of you, I always was. I love you children..."

"Dad?Dad! ... No ... No!, NO!!! DAD!!!! - said Orion breaking into tears

"Brother, h-he's gone" said Markab tearfully leaning his hoof in his back

Orion dried his tears and went out with his sword to where the enemies were entering the town.

"Where are you going Orion?" said Markab but Orion not answer. "Where are you going!? Orion!!..."

(End of Flashback Time)

"My father had died, front of me. I was sad and very angry that I went around to where the enemies entered into the town, I stood in the doorway like a statue with my sword, and felt like a big power flowed into me. I had never felt all that power flow so.
I saw all the enemy warriors a few kilometers with reinforcements, I started walking forward as if nothing and whenever I stepped, I felt like all that power grew within me and without realizing, my horn began to glow, but not usually as always shone, it was different, I felt my horn was in flames. Enemies were closer and closer and came with catapults and heavy weaponry, I just remember that I stopped at some point, my horn began to glow even more strangely, and then I decided to throw a lightning to them, point my horn to the squads and shoot. From there I don't remember anything but my brother told me that just the lightning that I shot, smashed everything that lay ahead, he told me that when I shot the lightning, he felt a great power that coming from me and himself me He said it was too big
When it was over I lay on the floor, I woke up not knowing what had happened after throwing the lightning, I looked up and saw in front of me everything shattered and I noticed that there were corpses where I had thrown my lightning, I knew then that all that disaster, I had done it, I didn't understand how. My brother came running over to where I was along with other allies, when he arrived he looked at me strangely for what I had done, but then smiled and hugged me happy to know I was okay"

"How did you could do a lightning of such magnitude?" asked Luna

"At that time I didn't know why but then over the years I realized that "Anger" was what made me able to do that lightning"

"Wait, Anger?

Orion looked to Luna surprised she didn't know of these powers "Hmhm, did you know that there is still much larger powers in addition to elements of harmony? that existing sources of magic more stronger than the friendship?" asked Orion.

"Um... Yes" said Luna

"Well, tell me"

"Well, they are the Bliss, Hope, Hatred, Sadness, Chaos, Love and ...."

"Anger" They said at the same time

"These powers are as great as erratic and unstable which cannot be used safely. They can't be contained in physical form as the relics which keep the powers of the Elements of Harmony. Elements of Harmony are used as a last resort to restore and enforce the balance of peace and order, usually if used in someone its effects are temporary and non-lethal, they can only work if they are exercised by whoever has the corresponding trait, instead these powers anyone can use them, but they are a hazard to who use it as in who use it. That power I had in the moment of the lightning, was all by the power of "Anger" because of the death of my father" said Orion

"But if these powers are so unstable and dangerous, how did that you could concentrate everything in one lightning? is more, how could you control it?"

"I never knew how it was that I could channel all my "Anger" in the lightning, I was one of the most powerful unicorns of the town, but that was not enough to control that power, are powers that until a powerful alicorn cannot control"

"Wow !, that explains why you became a alicorn?" said Luna

"Actually not yet come to when and why was that I become an alicorn"

But apparently the story will have to wait, Meissa looked up into the trees with ears up, feeling that something or someone coming toward them, then stood firm beside Orion

"Wow, What's wrong boy?" Orion realized that Meissa perceived danger

"It seems that the story will have to be for another time, we have to leave here, since Meissa saw something coming towards us" said Orion

While they stood up to grab their things and turn off the fire... a voice is heard that Orion and Meissa recognized very well

"Why do you leave? Am I not interrupting anything important?"

_ _ _