• Published 25th May 2012
  • 1,827 Views, 3 Comments

The Elements of Nature, Book 2: 土 & 雷 (Earth & Lightning) - Superior-Doc-Fossil



Will they find the Avatars of Earth, Lighting, and Air before its too late?

  • ...
4
 3
 1,827

Chapter 4, The Chase

The Elements of Nature
Book 2: 土 & 雷 (Earth & Lightning)
Chapter 4, The Chase

At the foot of a the Crystal Mountains, the gang and the guards are setting up camp. “Hey! You guys picked a great campsite.” Terra said as she rubs her hoof on some feathers. “The grass is so soft.”

“That's not grass. The pegasi and Cadence are molting.” Twilight said to them as Rarity gets down on some feathers.

“Oh, gross!” Rarity then leaves the spot right away.

“That's not gross, Rarity, it's just a part of spring!” Fluttershy said. “You know, rebirth, flowers blooming and the pegasi getting a new set of feathers.”

“Ah, the beauty of spring.” Rarity sarcastically said. Rainbow then sneezes at Rarity, and most of her feathers land on Rarity. “Aggh, Rainbow, stop! Ugh!” Rarity said while waving her legs, now coated in sky blue feathers while coughing.

“It’s not bad, sis.” Sweetie said as she makes a hat out of the feathers. “It makes a great wig!”

Apple Bloom then shows the group she made a beard out of feathers. “And a great beard!” The two fillies then laugh.

Pinkie then sneezes, sending herself back before crashing into one of the pegasi guards. The incident causes her to fall over and for feathers to blow everywhere. They continue to laugh joyfully, causing even the guards to chuckle slightly. Later in the evening, the group are setting up camp. Fire’ and Shining are setting up the tent while Twilight, Rarity, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, Rainbow ad Agua throw down a pile of firewood they collected. Applejack, who spends her time stirring around water in a pot, notices Terra slumped lazily against a rock, chewing a piece of wheat. Applejack then walks up to her. “So Terra, usually when setting up camp, we try ta divide up the work.”

Terra just shrugs casually. “Hey, don't worry about me. I'm good to go.”

“Wal, acshully whut Is tryin' t'say is, some of us might fetch some water, while somepony else might set up th' fire pit, o' put up th' tent.” Pinkie then hops over to her, and gives her several berries she collected and hops to the others. “Even Pinkie thar does her fair share.”

“AJ, I'm fine.” Terra breezily said. “I can carry my own weight. I don't need a fire,” Terra then pats her saddle bag. “I've already collected my own food and look,” She then Earthbends a rock tent over her, “my tent's all set up.”

“Wal, thass great fo' yo', but we still need t'finish...”

“I don't understand what's the problem here!” Terra angrily interrupted.

“Nevah mind, cuss it all t' tarnation.” Applejack said as she waves her hoof dismissively and walks away. Terra then earthbends herself into her tent. Later, the group continue to set up, with Pinkie cooking dinner from the fire.

“I hope you all like Pinkie's-Super-Duper-Special-Surprise-Berry-Soup!” She said as she adds two cups of hot sauce.

Applejack walks up with a jug of water and notices Terra eating some kind of fruit in her tent. Her dull expression changes to one of slight happiness as she walks over to her. “Hey Terra, ah wanted t'apologize fo' earlier. Ah reckon we is all jest a li'l tired an' gittin' on etch other's nerves.” Applejack said while she rubs the back of her head sheepishly.

“Yeah, you do seem pretty tired.” Terra casually said.

“Ah meant all of us.” Applejack said, slightly disgusted.

Terra then lazily tosses the fruit onto the ground and lays her head down to rest. “Well, good night.”

“Good night.” AJ said as she leaves.

==================================================================

Hours later, at nightfall, everyone is asleep when Terra is suddenly startled awake. She rises and presses her left hoof to the ground to feel the vibrations within the earth. She then rises to her feet and runs out of the tent. “There's something coming toward us!” She yelled to the others, waking them up.

“What is it?” Twilight asked.

“It feels like an avalanche, but also not an avalanche.” Terra answered.

“Your powers of perception are frightening.” Rainbow sarcastically said.

“Sh'd we leave?” Apple Bloom asked.

“Better safe than so'ry, sugarcube.” Applejack said to her little sister. After the group take flight, they see a cloud of smoke billowing toward them in a clearing in the distance.

“What is that thing?” Shining asked. The thing in question is a combination of a tank and a train, which is racing speedily along the ground.

==================================================================

A bit later, Fire’ yawns sleepily, with dark circles beginning to form under his eyes. Rainbow appears ready to fall asleep as she leans her head on Twilight’s shoulder. The others are sitting idly by. The pegasi guards fly over the mountainous terrain and land on a smooth, rocky surface. Terra then leaps off to the ground, completely relieved. “Ah, land sweet land!” She then gets up and says cheerfully, “See you guys in the morning!”

“Acshully, kin yo' he'p us unload?” Applejack said to her.

“Really? You need me to help unload Rainbow's funky-smelling sleeping bag?” Terra sarcastically said as the two see Twilight giving Rainbow her sleeping bag. Rainbow sniffs it, and turns away, her disgusted face growing red, and falls backwards, passing out.

“Wal, yeah. Thet an' ev'rythin' else. Yer a part of our team now, an'...”

“Look! I didn't ask you to help unload my stuff!” Terra said as she turns and begins walking away. “I'm carrying my own weight.”

“Thet's not th' point. Evah on account o' yo' joined us, yo've been nothin' but se'fish an' unhe'pful!” Applejack angrily said.

“What? Look here, sugar queen,” Terra said as she points a hoof at Applejack, “I gave up everything I had so that I could help you guys win this war. So don't you talk to me about being selfish!” While she is saying this, a fuming Applejack is tensing her muscles in frustration and raising her hoof in an attempt to speak. But after she finished, Terra sits down on the ground and earthbends an earth tent over her.

“Sugar queen?” Terra then uses her earthbending to close the door of her tent. “D-did yo' jest slam th' dore in mah face? How kin yo' be so infuriatin'?” Applejack yelled, getting the groups attention.

“Sh'd we do sumpin?” Apple Boom asked.

“Hey, I'm just enjoying the show.” Rainbow said, amused by the way Terra and Applejack treat each other.

Twilight then walks up to Applejack, who is bucking at the door to the tent. “Okay, okay, you both need to calm down.” Twilight said to them.

Both?” Applejack said as she rapidly turns to face Twilight, her expression crazed and her eyes bloodshot. “Ah's completely calm!

“Uh... I can see that.” Twilight awkwardly said as she backs off. Later that night, most of the group are lying on the ground. Applejack is still awake, glaring at Terra’s tent.

“Th' stars sho'nuff is right purdy tonight. Too bad yo' kin't see them, Terra!” Applejack mockingly said, only for Terra to use her earthbending and creates a fissure that channels underground and sends AJ flying into the air. She lands on top of Rainbow, startling her.

Annoyed, Rainbow pushes Applejack off to the side. “Hey, how's a guy supposed to sleep with all this yelling and earthquaking?”

Terra then opens her tent. “That thing is back!”

“Well, how far away is it?” Rainbow asked as lies down and pulls the covers of her sleeping bag over her head. “Maybe we can close our eyes just for a few minutes.” She tiredly said.

“I don’t think so, Rainbow.” Fire’ said when he notices some smoke in the distance.

==================================================================

The group are now soaring away from the scene over the mountainous terrain, with the tank train speeding across the land after them. “Seriously, what is that thing?” Cadence asked.

“And how does it keep finding us?” Terra added.

“I don't know. This time, were going to make sure we lose it.” One of the Pegasus guards said as the fly past some mountains. They then fly between two mountain ridges. The pegasi then land on a flat-surfaced rock bed, throwing everyone onto the ground along with their belongings.

“Okay, forget about setting up camp.” Rainbow said as she crawls along the ground to her sleeping bag. “I'm finding the softest pile of dirt and going to sleep.”

Applejack, out of anger, pulls her sleeping bag over her head like it’s a pillow. “Thet's fine on account o' Terra warn't a-gonna he'p ennyway!

“Oh, I didn't realize the baby still needed someone to tuck her in bed.” Terra irritably said as she is lying on a bag.

“Come on guys, there's something after us and we don't even know what or who it is.” Twilight said to them.

“It could be Zuko.” Agua said as she rolls over on her side in her bag. “We haven't seem him since the North Pole.”

“Who's Zuko?” Terra asked.

“Oh, just some angry freak with a burn mark on his face who's tracked us all over the world.” Rainbow said.

“What's wrong with special traits, rainbow mane?” One of the pegasi guards mockingly said.

“My mane is natural, unlike Zuko’s burned eye.” Rainbow agued.

“At least Zuko’s eye makes him more menacing then a pony with a rainbow mane and tail.” Rarity joked.

“Anyway, whoever's chasing us couldn't have followed us here, so, now would everyone just shhh?” Rainbow said as she lays down. Scootaloo then sees something thats really scary and points at it. “Oh no, don't tell me...” Rainbow said as she buries her face in her hoofs.

“That's impossible. There's no way they could have tracked us.” Twilight said out of disbelief.

“I can feel it with my own four hoofs!” Terra said as Fire’ runs to the cliff next and notices smoke rising from the far end of the rocky pathway.

“Lets get out of here.” Fluttershy nervously said.

“Maybe we should face them. Find out who they are. Who knows, maybe they're friendly. And I can throw a PARTY!” Pinkie shouted.

“Always the optimist...” Rainbow hopelessly said.

The tank train as it slows down and come to a halt. The door to one compartment opens, releasing a burst of steam. From the mist emerges three motorcycles. Ty Lee comes off first, followed by Mai then Azula. The group are looking on in shock as the three girls stand on top of the of the bikes, with Azula having a determined look on her face. The three begin racing toward the group. “It's those three mares from Erde City!” An alarmed Shining Armor said as they take on fighting stances.

“We can take them. Three on eight.” A determined Terra said.

“Actually Terra, there's 14 of us.” Scootaloo pointed out.

“Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't count you. You know, no fighting skills and all.” Terra sheepishly said.

“We can still fight!” Cadence said to her.

“Okay, three on eight plus Fluttershy, Pinkie, and Cadence.” Terra smugly said.

“Errrgh!” All three of the CMC said out of anger.

Terra then earthbends three columns in an attempt to hinder the mares, however, they just go around the pillars and continue on their way. “Well, we wanted to find out who they were and we found out.” Rainbow said as she puts the groups stuff away in the chariot. “Now let's get out of here.”

Terra then earthbends a rock wall in front of the trio. But Azula just takes out a small gun thats white with red lines and firs, but instead of bullets, it shoots a bolt of lightning at the wall, leaving a huge gape in the middle. The three then go through it with ease. Terra is completely shocked at this. Mai then releases a flurry of stilettos. Terra launches herself off a pillar as the darts strike it as she lands on the chariot where the others are waiting. “Go, go, GO!” Agua said as they take off, narrowly avoiding another lightning bolt.

==================================================================

A bit later, the group is still flying through the monitions, with the pegasi very tired. “Ah cain't believe them mares follered us all th' way fum Erde City.” A shocked Applejack said.

“I still think we could have taken them.” Terra grumpily said.

“Are you kidding me?” Twilight said while pointing her hoofs upward repeatedly in gesture. “The crazy karate and the flying daggers are bad enough, but last time we saw them, one of those mare did something that took my magic away. That's scary.” Twilight said the last part with so much fear, you can literally cut it with a knife.

They then see the sun rising over the horizon. “Oh no, the sun is rising. We've been up all night with no sleep!” Rainbow complained.

“Rainbow, we'll be okay, sugarcube.” Applejack calmly said to the rainbow maned Pegasus.

Are you sure? I've never not slept before!” Rainbow then holds her hoofs up to her head. “What if I fall asleep now and something happens?” Rainbow is now beginning to freak out as her eyes bulge out. “And something always happens!

“Every time we land, those mares are there. So we'll just have to keep flying.” Twilight said. They then hear a yawn from one of the pegasi guards.

“We can't keep flying forever.” Fire’ pointed out as they fly over.

==================================================================

In field where a few flowers are growing, the tank train speeds by rapidly, slicing the heads of the flowers off. At ground level, there are indentation marks from the train left in the ground. A pair of pony legs gallop by. Its Zuko, who has a look of determination on his face as he follows the tracks.

==================================================================

Back at the chariot, everyone is trying to stay awake for as long as possible. “So what's our plan?” Cadence asked as she tries to hide how tired she is.

“Don't know ... too tired to think.” Terra said as she slumps against the side of the chariot, exhausted.

“I'm sure we'll come up with something after a short nap.” Twilight said with a smile.

“Yes ... sleep.” A relieved Rainbow said. When they close their eyes, they soon begin to lose altitude. Terra is the first to wake up and she hangs onto the chariot for dear life.

What's going on?” She yells out.

The pegasi fell asleep!” Fire’ said as he is hanging from the bars that connect the pegasi to the chariot.

“This should wake them up.” Agua then uses her waterbending and splashes some water on the pegasi’s faces. They wake up and try to land safely. They soar through the trees, colliding into and snapping several branches. The team members brace against the impact. They make it on the ground, having created a channel way behind him from the impact. The pegasi are sleeping again

Firebrand lands on the ground to check up on the guards. “There exhausted.” He said to the others.

“Okay, we've put in a lot of distance between us and them. The plan now is to follow the pegasi’s lead and get some sleep.” Rainbow said.

“Of course, we'd've gotten some sleep earlier, eff'n Terra didn't haf sech issues.” An irritated Applejack said.

Terra then wakes up and slams the ground and screams furiously. “What?

“All right, all right, everyone's exhausted! Let's just get some rest.” Firebrand said as he tried to calm the two down.

“No, I want to hear what Applejack has to say. You think I have issues?” Terra said to the rodeo pony.

“Ah's jest sayin.’ Mebbe eff'n yo' he'ped out earlier, we c'd haf set up our camp faster an' gotten sleep an' then mebbe we'dn't be in this hyar situashun!” The farmer yelled.

“You're blaming me for this?” An annoyed Terra said.

“No! No, she's not blaming you.” Twilight desperately said as she get between the two before a fight starts.

“Were all a team, which means it’s all our faults.” Fire’ said, but Applejack and Terra just stare at him.

No, I'm blaming her!” Applejack yelled.

Hey,” Terra said as she shoves Twilight out-of-the-way. “I never asked you for diddly-doo-dah. I carry my own weight. Besides, if there's anyone to blame, it's the pegasi and Cadence over there!

“Why are you blaming me, Rainbow, Fluttershy, Scootaloo, Agua and the guards?” Cadence asked.

You want to know how they keep finding us?” Terra then grabs some feathers from a guards wings as the molted feathers blow away in the wind. “There leaving a trail everywhere we go!

How dare you blame my friends!" Twilight yelled as she faces Terra. “The pegasi saved your life three times today! If there's anyone to blame it's you! You're always talking about how you carry your own weight, but you're not. They are! The pegasi are carrying your weight. They never had a problem flying when it was just the 13 of us!" They all soon ague, except Firebrand who sees something far too familiar. He then has a flashback.

==================================================================

“Firebrand needs to have freedom and fun. He needs to grow up as a normal colt.”

“He needs to be taken to the capital so we can know if he's a danger or not.”

“Calm, Phoenix, you to Garth. I agree with both of you. But Phoenix, I know you mean well, but you are letting your affection for the colt cloud your judgment.”

“All I want is what is best for him. He's my only son.”

“I’m sorry, but you and Firebrand must be separated! The colt will be sent away to the capital to see if he's a threat.”

==================================================================

Firebrand begins to cry as the fight the others are having is far to familiar to when the village elders wanted to take him away from his farther. He then realizes that Terra is right after he sees some of Fluttershy’s feathers fall of. He the uses his magic to collect all the loss feathers and puts them in his saddlebag. He then becomes a fireball again and flies off, but not before he leaves a note for the others.

After Fire’ leaves, Terra stomps on the ground, launching her saddle bag into the air which she catches. “Thats it! I'm out of here!” She said as she leaves.

“Wait!” Apple Bloom said as she, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle get in front of Terra, only for Terra to earthbend the ground beneath them to shift them off to the side, leaving them surprised.

“What did I just do?” Twilight said as she slumps. “I can't believe I yelled at the Avatar of Earth. Now both she and any hope of winning the war soon is gone.”

“Ah know.” Applejack regretfully said. “We is all jest tryin' t'git used t'etch other. An' ah was so mean t'her.”

“Yeah, you two were pretty much jerks.” Rainbow said while drinking from a cup with the others.

“Thanks, Rainbow.” Twilight sarcastically said to her.

“No problem.” She said. But she then realizes something else is wrong. “Has anyone seen Fire’?”

“He must have left too.” Twilight said, completely brokenhearted.

“Ug, if it’s all right with you, I found a note Fire’ left behind.” Fluttershy said as she gives Twilight the note.

“What does it say?” Agua asked.

“It says, ‘Guys, Terra was right. The feathers are leaving a trail right to us. But I shock all the loss feathers and collected them. I’m leaving a trail so they won’t follow you but me. If you want to find me, follow the feathers.’” After Twilight finishes reading it, the group are all downhearted. “Oh, he's right,” Twilight said, breaking the silence, “and we were too busy arguing to see it.”

“Fire’ is right. We is a team, thet means this hyar is all our faults. We need t'find Terra an' apologize.” Applejack said.

“Okay, but what are we going to do about the tank full of dangerous ladies chasing us?” One of the Pegasus guards said.
Twilight then takes a loos feather from the guard. “I have a plan.” Twilight then whispers something to first Agua’s then Rarity’s ears, with both of them smiling evilly.

“Oh, I don’t like that look in their eyes.” Rainbow said. One good sock in freezing cold water later, the pegasi, except Agua, are shivering after being soaked by a waterbending blast from Agua and an unbearable scrub down by Rarity, who got every single molted feather she can (which annoyed Rainbow to no end since Rarity also did her hoofs, which are now comparably to the fashion designers).

“You enjoyed that, didn't you?” Rainbow said to a clearly happy and smug Rarity.

“What ever gave you that impression, Dashie?” Rarity said as she puts up her very expensive brush in her saddle bag.

“Okay, now that your clean, theres no more trail.” Twilight said as a guard flutters his wings, with zero feathers coming off. “I’m gonna follow Fire’ and see if he need help.” Twilight then leaves as she follows Fire's trail, with Shining and Cadence staring at her with some shock at first, but they quickly smile as they get on the chariot.

“I hope Fire’ doesn't try anything funny with Twilight while there alone right now.” Shining said as the take off. As they fly away, they accidentally brush against the treetops, snapping the topmost limbs off and causing them to fall to the ground.

==================================================================

At a lower part of the mountain, fog is partially obscuring their peaks. Terra is walking slowly along a pathway on her own. She then stops, having detected something nearby. She then shifts her hoof abruptly in the opposite direction. She then turns her head swiftly and uses earthbending to send a stream of earth toward the unknown source.

The stream of earth travels its way to a large rock ahead and a dust cloud erupts in the air from the impact. Terra then hears a grunt of pain is from behind the rock. Terra recognizes the voice as being from a pony and approaches the rock, still assuming a fighting stance. She sees, that its Iroh she hit, who's face is grimacing from the incident. “Ow ... That really hurt my tailbone.” He said.

==================================================================

Meanwhile, Azula and her group arrive where the gang left. Azula picks up a Pegasus feather from a small pile, with Mai and Ty Lee behind her. “Wads of Pegasus feathers. How delightful.” Mai dryly said in her usual non-cheery attitude.

“Hmmm ... they're not wads, they're more like bundles, or bunches?” Ty Lee said as she began scratching her head while thinking. “It's got a 'uh’ sound.”

“Clumps?” Mai asked.

Ty Lee then hugs Mai for helping her figure it out. “Clumps! They're clumps!”

Mai then sees the fake feather trail. “The trail goes this way, Azula.” Azula then looks in the direction of where the group left and sees the broken branches.

“The Avatars are trying to give us the slip. You two head in that direction and keep your eye out for the pegasi. I'll follow this trail.” Ty and Mai then go in the direction that Azula pointed them at, and leave on their bikes as Azula follows Fire’s trail.

==================================================================

Firebrand continues to fly above the forest in his fire form, leaving behind the feathers. He turns his head around and sees that Twilight is following him, trying her best to keep up. He lands and waits for Twilight. “You sure are fast, Fire.’” She said to him when she finally caught up, out of breath.

“Why did’t you leave with the others?” Fire’ asked as he turns back to normal.

“Like you said, were a team, partners.” Twilight then blushes when she realizes what she just said. “That didn't came out right.”

“It’s all right.” He the heads over to Twilight and picks her up, with Twilight’s whole face turning red as Fire’ goes elemental again, but his fire isn't harming Twilight, much to the twos relief. The two soon leave the lush, green landscape area and soar over a more arid, rugged terrain. Both of their eyes are tired from lack of sleep as they peer down and look forward. They soon arrive at an old ghost town and land. It is similar to historical Western towns. Fire’ turns back to normal and they lay down and wait.

==================================================================

The others are still flying, some of then are asleep. “Terra couldn't have made it too far by now.” Rainbow said as she searches the forest below.

“Uh, Rainbow.”

“What is it, Scootaloo?” Rainbow asked. She then sees what the filly is trying to tell her about. “Ooooh, no! Gays!” The others turn around and see Ty Lee and Mai in hot pursuit, riding their motorcycles.

“How did they find us?” A shocked Applejack asked.

“Guards, come on, we need to go faster!” Shining yelled at the pegasi.

“There too tired!” Cadence said to him.

“Not good, not good!” The pegasi then grunt due to the work. On ground level, Mai and Ty Lee are still chasing them. The pegasi are heading towards the river, which gives Rainbow an idea. “We just need to make it across that river!”

“Come on gays, just a little further...” The pegasi listen to their captain and land on the other side of the river.

“We made it. We're safe.” Fluttershy said.

“You did it!” Cadence and Shining then hug out of relive. When she opens her eyes, she gasps. Shining turns around and becomes horrified. The motorcycles have change slightly and are now paddling across the water rapidly, allowing for them to drive over the surface of the river. Agua steps forward and spins around, sending a wave of water crashing into Ty Lee's motorcycles. Ty Lee leaps off the bike just in time and emerges from the water. She lands near the treetops where she gracefully dodges from tree trunk to tree trunk in pursuit of Agua who opens her water skin.

Ty Lee then somersaults onto the ground. Agua attempts to lash a water whip in her direction, however, is forced to quickly dodge several of the acrobat's blows. She narrowly avoids having her chi blocked and fires several sharp discs of water at her enemy, who cartwheels repeatedly to escape. Mai, still mounted on her bike, turns around and fires several stilettos from uploaded holsters in her sleeves. The stilettos nearly hit Rainbow. Shining then steps forward and knocks the stilettos off-target with his magic.

Applejack bucks a boulder in Mai's direction, however, the knife thrower merely leaps off her bike, avoiding the attack. She spins around and fires stilettos from a holster in one of her back legs. Shining knocks them away again with a tree branch. Mai then runs forward. Agua turns around and is forced on the run when Mai comes charging towards her. Ty Lee somersaults and leaps into the air where she then flips and lands on the ground near Applejack.

She lands several quick blows, using chi-blocking to incapacitate Applejack’s front right leg. Applejack then head buts Ty Lee’s hoof, making her back off due to the pain. “Good try, but no.”

Agua begins to draw a stream of water with which to attack Mai, however, the knife thrower hurls two shuriken knives her way. Each of the two knives pins her wrists to a tree trunk. Agua gasps in horror as the riverbank water falls into the river again and Applejack hobbles over as a result of the paralysis. She falls to the ground. “How is yo' doin'?”

“Well, you know...” Agua then notices something is wrong. “Where are the others?”

“Th' pink one pareelyzed thar legs, all 'cept th' pegasi an' th' CMC.” Applejack said.

Mai then walks up to them, with Ty Lee behind her. “I thought when me and Ty Lee finally caught you guys, it would be more exciting. Oh well, victory is boring.” She said dryly.

Suddenly, the two are swept off their feet by a powerful gust of wind conjured by the pegasi's wings. They incidentally somersault into the air and land several yards away in the water. “Thanks gays, I don't know what we'd do without you.” Applejack said to them.

“Come on, we need to find Twilight and Firebrand.” One of the pegasi said.

==================================================================

In the ghost town Fire’ and Twilight are at, Azula appears, riding on her motorcycle in a cloud of dust. “All right, you've caught up to me. Now who are you and what do you want?” Fire’ said to her.

“You mean you haven't guessed? You don't see the family resemblance? Here's a hint.” She then covers her eye and deepens her voice, as she begins to imitate Zuko. “I must find one of the Avatars to restore my honor!” Fire’ and Twilight remains silent. “It's okay, you can laugh. It's funny.”

“So what now?” Twilight asked.

“Now? Now, it's over, Unicorn mare. You're tired and you have no place to go. You can run, but I'll catch you.” Azula said to them.

“We’re not running.” Fire’ said as he and Twilight got up. Azula just smirks at this.

==================================================================

Meanwhile, Iroh is serving tea to Terra, even after what Terra did to him. Iroh then pours some tea into two tin cups and gives one to Terra. “Here is your tea.” Terra is just staring blankly at the ground then back to Iroh. “You seem a little too young to be traveling alone.”

“You seem a little too old.” Terra responded as she takes her cup of tea.

Iroh then laughs a little. “Perhaps I am.”

“I know what you're thinking... I can't handle being by myself.” Terra casually said.

“I wasn't thinking that.” Iroh defended.

“You wouldn't even let me pour my own cup of tea!”

“I poured your tea because I wanted to and for no other reason.”

“When ponies see me and think I'm weak. They want to take care of me, but I can take care of myself, by myself.”

“You sound like my nephew, always thinking you need to do things on your own, without anyone's support. There is nothing wrong with letting the people who love you help you. Not that I love you. I just met you.”

Terra then laughs at Iroh comment. “So where is your nephew?”

“He’s getting some food, but I think he’s doing something else.” Iroh said, knowing that his nephew is following one of the Avatars right now. “I've been tracking him now actually.”

“Is he lost?” Terra asked.

Iroh then looks away, slightly sad. “Yes, a little bit. His life recently changed and he's going through very difficult times. He's trying to figure out who he is and he went away.”

“So now you're following him.”

“I know he doesn't want me around him right now, but if he needs me, I'll be there.”

“Your nephew is very lucky, even if he doesn't know it. Thank you.” Terra said as she gets up and takes her scythe.

“My pleasure. Sharing tea with a fascinating stranger is one of life's true delights.”

“No, thank you for what you said. It helped me.” Terra happily said.

“I'm glad.”

Terra then leaves, but turns around briefly. “Oh, and about your nephew, maybe you should tell him that you need him, too.” Iroh remains silent and sips his tea.

==================================================================

“Do you really want to fight me?” Azula asked Fire’ and Twilight.

Suddenly, Zuko appears from an alleyway. He then pulls out his swords. “Yes, I really do.” He said.

“Zuko!” Fire' said, alarmed.

“I was wondering when you'd do show up, Zuzu.”

“‘Zuzu’?” Twilight said as she tried to hide her laughing.

“Back off, Azula! He's mine!” Zuko firmly said.

“I'm not going anywhere.” She then assumes a fighting stance. Each of the 4 opponents stand, ready for battle. Azula is as confident as ever. Zuko averts his gaze first to Azula and then towards Firebrand. Fire’ the assumes fighting stance, pointing his sword at Zuko as he turns into his fire form. Twilight then gets ready to help Firebrand. After a few moments, Azula makes the first strike. She pulls out a flamethrower and fires at Zuko. Zuko tries his best to block it, bet he hits a wall. Fire’ then flies up, but Azula fires at him and he hits the ground hard. Azula then tries to tack him out, but when she hits, Fire’ disperses his body and flies to Twilight and rematerializes. Zuko then tackles him, and the two land in a building. Fire’ the heads into a room followed by Azula. When she enters she sees that there's no floor.

She nearly falls off, while Fire’ is just hovering there. Zuko follows, but he doesn't see that there's no floor and falls. The others soon arrive to help Twilight and Fire’ fight off Azula.

“Are we glad to see you.” Twilight said to her older brother and her friends.

After a few more fights, Zuko begins to wake up and sees Iroh standing above him. “Uncle...”

Get up!” Iroh then helps Zuko get up. Agua and Applejack then run straight toward Azula. They leap over her just as Azula fires a blast of lightning at them. She turns around and blocks a water whip Agua sends at her. She fires a blast at the rest of the group.

Fire’ then appears right behind her. She turns around and nearly manages to strike him with another blast. Azula is about to fire another lightning bolt at the group when she suddenly falls over to the side. Terra appears from an alleyway, having just shifted the ground beneath her feet. “I thought you guys could use a little help.” Terra said to them.

“Thanks, sugarcube.” Applejack happily said.

Azula rises to her hoofs and begins running away. Azula as runs through the alley and leaps over some crates and tries to escape, Iroh intervenes, using his rotund belly to knock her off her hoof. Zuko then appears next to him. Fire,’ Terra, Agua, the main six, the CMC, Shining, Cadence, the pegasi guards, Zuko and Iroh have now all cornered Azula against the ruins of a stone wall. “Well, look at this. Enemies and traitors, all working together.” She said coolly while backing up as her enemies surround her. “I'm done. I know when I'm beaten. You got me. A princess surrenders with honor.”

Iroh now averts his gaze toward the other members, who remain on high alert. He looks at Terra then to Firebrand, Agua, the main six, Shining and Cadence, who still assume fighting stances. Azula then smirks and smiles and takes a step forward, taking her Lightning Gun and fires a blast at Iroh, who gets hit. He screams in pain and falls to the ground. “Aaaah!” Is all a horrified Zuko could say. He, Fire,’ Shining, Cadence, Twilight, Agua, and Terra (not counting, Fluttershy, Pinkie, AJ, Rainbow, Rarity and the CMC for obvious reasons) turn to face Azula, four of them bending their respective elements and the on-bender Unicorns and Alicorn firing lasers at her.

The impact of the elements and magic creates a minor explosion, sending a thick cloud of smoke everywhere. When the smoke clears, Azula is gone without a trace. Zuko then kneels before his uncle, dismayed at the turn of events. “Ugggh! Get away from us!” He said to the group. Terra uses her seismic scene and sees that Iroh is still alive, the Lightning Gun having not charge long enough for a kill shot.

Agua then walks up to Zuko and Iroh. “Zuko, I can help.”

But Zuko just blasts an arc of fire at them. “Leave!” The group then leave, leaving Zuko still kneeling over an unconscious Iroh. Later at nightfall, the pegasi guards land on the other side of the crystal mountain and fall asleep. In the chariot, the group is asleep, with Twilight and Firebrand resting next to each other.