• Published 25th Jul 2015
  • 3,724 Views, 172 Comments

Cafe Dazzling - brzy



The Dazzling's run a restaurant with Anon. The Rainbooms are jerks. They solve mysteries.

  • ...
10
 172
 3,724

Chapter 5

So far everything seemed to be going good. In between flipping burgers and assembling sammiches, Anon watched as the customers poured in. From what he could see and hear, Adagio was on her best behavior as she served the Rainbooms. He had no idea how she could do it, those girls had made him nearly lose it within a minute of talking to him. Sonata looked like she was doing her best too, as she always kept the customer's drinks filled and checked if they needed anything else while doing her rounds. Aria had swapped hostess spots with Dagi and had bussed a few tables during a lull. If they could make this a regular thing, Café Dazzling was sure to be a hit!

Sonata was having a blast! She got to walk around and talk with people. With a big bright smile she returned to Cheerilee and Big Mac’s table, where they had just finished one large milkshake with whip cream, nuts, and caramel with 2 straws. Big Mac continued to be bright red, but he smiled as they stared into each other’s eyes.

“Hi again Miss Cheerilee! Can I get you two anything else?”

“No, I think we should be good. It’s been a wonderful evening!”

“Yup.” He held hands with Cheerilee across the table.

Sonata handed them the bill. Anon had decided to splurge on an iPad based point of sale system. They could track everything down to the ingredients used for every single item sold, plus the system was so simple that even Sonata could use it. It listed customers by name and table so she just had to tap “Cheerilee” to send her tab out to the printer over the wireless network. With a quick swipe, the sale was completed and instantly inputted to their accounting software.

“It’s so nice seeing you girls happy! Hopefully this works out, it really suits you Sonata!”

As they got up, Big Mac smiled and handed Sonata a $10 tip! It had only been a $30 bill.

“If you guys need any help, Applebloom and her friends have been looking for part time work. Good luck, you can really tell you girls worked hard on this place!” added Big Mac. He smiled his big easy going smile as he wrapped his arm around Cheerilee’s waist and left.

Back in flavor country, Adagio carried two trays towards the Rainbooms. In a rare fit of courtesy, she had arranged them with the vegetarian dishes on one tray and the burgers on the other. Unfortunately for Sunny, AJ and Dash had sat on opposite side of her, so there was nothing to do about the delicious smells drifting over to her. Being natural piscivores in Equestria, the Siren’s hadn’t had any trouble adapting to the average human’s diet. It still surprised her that Sunset hadn’t adapted to it over the last 3 years she had lived in the human world. It’s not like the cows could talk here, plus they were sooo good.

“Is there anything else you ladies need?” asked Adagio.

“Nope!” said Pinkie as she dug into her pancakes.

Sunset stared at Adagio, her eyebrows furrowed. Her eyes scanned for any malicious intent, but she found none.

“Sunset. We’re normal girls with normal needs now. We just want to finish school and earn a living. Is it so hard to just give us the benefit of the doubt?”

Sunset's eyes softened as she took a bite of her sandwich. It was delicious, the rich avocado playing off the crisp vegetables and Swiss cheese.

“We’ll see Adagio. Consider yourselves on tentative probation.”

The rest of the Rainbooms relaxed and enjoyed their meal. Adagio smiled at her, a genuine one, as she pressed the two trays flat against her chest and returned to the kitchen.

“I think I may have finally broken the Rainbooms,” announced Dagi to Anon. “Though I think we should make one extra little effort to make sure.”

Adagio told Anon her plan. He quickly agreed. He frankly wasn’t sure he could take another ambush and remain civil. It was cheap insurance against future pain. The night continued uneventfully. As the night wrapped up and closing time rolled around, the Rainboom’s finally finished. Apparently they were determined to do a full stakeout. Dagi brought out her secret weapon on a tray.

“Here, compliments of the chef!”

She sat 6 plates of a mysterious layered confectionery treat on the table. She smiled as Pinkie Pie took a tentative bite, then trembled.

“Ooooh my god! Soooo good!” Her eyes rolled back in her head as she twitched. “You guys have got to try this!”

Dagi smiled as the Rainbooms were reduced to a quivering mess after taking a bite. Setting the tab on the table, she left to go check on the other tables, her mission accomplished.

At her post near the door, Aria found herself bored. That is, until she turned to see the Rainbooms apparently in the middle of some kind of culinary orgy. She tried to look away, but she couldn’t. Her jaw involuntarily dropped open as the girls seemed to have no control of the sounds coming out of their mouths as they chewed. Lip smacks and moans filled that corner of the diner, Rainbow Dash loudest of all.

“Oh my god, I want you to come inside me!” Dash moaned as she spooned more of the sweet cream cheese and apple desert into her mouth.

“I never realized apples could become something so beautiful!” cried AJ as she took another bite, tears running down her face.

Thankfully, the restaurant had cleared out. Aria flipped the sign to CLOSED before she went to bus another table. Anon walked out of the kitchen, and stretched as he pulled the hat off his head.

“I think that was a pretty successful first night!” he smiled at the rest of the Dazzlings.

His eyes fell on the Rainbooms as they writhed and moaned in the booth. He grew a little uncomfortable, though he couldn’t seem to tear his eyes away from the scene. Fluttershy blushed furiously as she noticed his gaze fall upon her.

“O-oh. Hi Anon. Um, lovely, uh, weather?” as she quickly scooped the last bit of the desert lasagna into her mouth.

Both groups sort of stared at each other. Sonata finally broke the silence.

“Can we please not fight anymore? You like our restaurant, right? We've worked really hard on it. We aren’t being bad anymore. Please don’t pick on Anon just because he’s friends with us.”

Sunny sighed up as she tried to get her blush under control.

"Fine. We are still gonna keep an eye on you though.”

It was a little tough to make out as she continued to stuff more layered apple and cheese into her mouth. The two groups separated on more or less congenial terms as Rarity picked up the tab. Adagio’s eyes grew wide as she saw the tip on the receipt.

“That girl left a 100% tip! … along with her phone number for whoever made the lasagna.”

It was Adagio’s turn to blush at that.