• Published 24th May 2012
  • 735 Views, 2 Comments

The Story To Bass Cleft (my friends OC) - DizzyPaws356



This is another background story to another friends OC

  • ...
 2
 735

Chapter1: Unfounded Talent.

Made by: Dizzy Paws

Chapter1: Unfounded Talent.
--------------------------------------


At the orphanage in Manehatten, there is a colt named Bass Cleft. This little colt has a white coat and his main is black with a gray stripe. In the time he has been in the orphanage, he has not been taken to someponys house. The years he has been in the orphanage have been a home to him. Every year he feels more and more unloved. The friends he did make in the orphanage didn't stay for long. Watching them leave the place, looking through the window as his friends leave.

Bass Cleft walks to the room where all the beds are in. He stands above his bed looking around the room. Not seeing anypony in the room, he push down on the floor bored making a small hidden spot under the floor. Seeing a bag and a small guitar, he pulls the guitar out of the floor. He places the bored's down back to the floor to look as if nothing happen. He starts to sneak out behind the place. He goes to the normal place he goes to every time he leaves.

When he gets to the side of the street. Sitting on the walk way where some ponies walks by. He places his hat on the ground for the bits he get time to time. He sits down as he starts to play his guitar and sing. He has been doing this for many years as he attended the orphanage. Playing the guitar and sing, some of the ponies stop and listen. Hearing Bass Cleft sing and play. Loving the sound between the guitar and his singing. They place a bit or two into the over turned hat.

As a few hours pass. Bass Cleft is still singing as he plays. Getting about the normal time he normally gets off the street to go back to the orphanage. Puts his hat on his back he picks up the guitar. Walking back to the orphanage as he looks around the town. He gets back to the orphanage, sneaking back into the room where his bed is in. Placing his stuff back into the hidden place. Hearing the door open up, he quickly jumps into his bed and pretends to sleep. "Hello? Bass Cleft... You in here?" asked by a little filly. She is a light yellow with a blue main. He looks at her "I'm right here." replied Bass Cleft. The little filly closes the door and walks to him, "Did you go back outside?" ask by the little filly.

The colt sits up on his bed, "I've been taking a nap..." telling the filly trying she will fall for it. ”No you weren't. I know you go out and bring back your hat with bits in it. Why do you not tell anypony when you leave?" she sits on the bed next to his to look at him. He doesn't know what to say. He try to make sure nopony see him when he leaves, but he guesses that he’s not as good. "If you promise that you won’t tell nopony what I do then till tell you." the little filly's eyes grow wide, she was very happy to hear what he was going to say.

She is a very shy pony so she doesn't really talk to anypony. She tells him "I won’t tell nopony. I promise I won’t." Bass Cleft gets up and walks next to the little filly. "Well I found out a long time ago that I'm a good singer." said by Bass Cleft, "And I've found out that I can also play the guitar..." he gets interpreted by the little filly, "What’s a guitar?". Bass Cleft walks over to his hidden place where he has his stuff. Pulling out the guitar to show the filly. The guitar is the color of normal wood and with a black lining around the sides of the guitar, the little filly smiles.

Bass Cleft smiles and plays a small song for her. She smiles with a grin ear to ear, "You’re so good Bass Cleft!" the filly yells. "Ssshhhh." Bass Cleft said as he puts the guitar back. "If you sneak out to just play the guitar and sing, why don't you just leave?" ask by the small filly. "Well..." replied Bass Cleft, "To tell you the truth. This place is kind of my home. I've been in here for a long time." putting his guitar back and the boards. Bass Cleft sits next to the little filly again. "How long have you been in here Bass Cleft?" ask by the little yellow filly, "I've been here for a few years." he replied. The filly wonders and ask him, "Haven't anypony took you to their house?" ask by the quires filly. Looking down into the eyes of the filly, seeing that she is looking up into his eyes, "No..." he told her. She quickly gives him a tight little hug.

Smiling at the little filly giving his acute hug, he hugs her back. After a few minutes for silence, the only sounds they hear is a settle wind through the windows. The little filly finality letting her grip loses to look back up at Bass Cleft, "I kind of know how you feel; I've been here for a long time... Some days I wish somepony will take me in and that I can have an older brother..." she said looking up at Bass Cleft. His mind starts to think fast, "I'll be your big brother." Bass Cleft told the little filly as she looks into his eyes. She smiles with a bigger smile that Bass Cleft has ever seen. "Thank you Bass Cleft!" the filly yells hugging him again, "You can call me brother." Bass Cleft told her.

The day goes on and it's night time. The room filled with many fillies and colts of many colors. Bass Cleft lying in bed looking out the window wondering what is the day that somepony will want to go him with him. "Ptsss" the little yellow filly says, "Ptsss... You up brother?...". Bass Cleft turns to see the little filly still up, "Ya I am... Why are you up?..." he ask the little filly, "I can't sleep..." she replies, "Will you mind if I sleep with you for tonight?...". Bass Cleft thinks, "Ya, come here." he tells her. She gets up and crawls in bed with Bass Cleft.

She presses her body agents Bass Cleft as she closes her eyes. He pulls his blanket over her and wrap his arms around her. Thinking to himself 'This little filly shouldn't be here. She needs a good home to sleep in.' He watches her as she gets sleepy, "Brother..." said by the little filly, "Yes..." replied Bass Cleft, "Do you think we will find a home together?". Bass Cleft is caught off guard, "We will one day... Get some sleep..." he tells her as he rubs her back. After a half an hour, the little filly is fast sleep. Looking back out the window, seeing the light of the moon showing the leafs and clouds moving. The night looks better than it has in the few years.

He wonders if there is somepony that will take him and his 'sister' in to a warm house. Watching the leafs move around in the trees and the clouds fly around without a care. Looking at the white moon sitting in the sky, watching the earth as it falls asleep. Bass Cleft lies in bed still holding the little filly in his arms and looking in the sky with his though. He slowly falls asleep to the sound of the midnight wind gently sneaking in through the crack of the window. Bass Cleft has the best night he has had in a long time.