• Published 23rd May 2012
  • 10,297 Views, 956 Comments

The Autobiography of Scootaloo - A Diary Collection - Tails_155



This is a story focusing on life from Scootaloo's POV. It takes place starting before season one.

  • ...
30
 956
 10,297

PreviousChapters
Bonus: A Letter To My Parents (♫)

Author's Note:

Chapter Theme:

The Icarus Account - Proud

I don't know, I was listening to this song, Proud, by The Icarus Account, and another called Windows in Heaven by We Are The In Crowd, and all I could do was think of this dang story. I felt like maybe this would be something Scootaloo would write as a teen, and bring to Port Mane one day after something hit her and reminded her of her parents and aunt. To all my readers who have stuck with this, be sure to check the story info section, I've added quite a bit of art to date, and intend to add more!

I don't know with this story. I want to be done, but it keeps coming back. Every year I go to the convention, every year I feel like coming back. I feel like the main story is done. I may inject entries at some point in the future, or I may just add little bonuses like this. Who knows. I just know that to this day I see Scootaloo and Featherweight like kids of my own in some convoluted sense. I just want them to be happy, even knowing they're fiction. The mind and heart are strange, sometimes.

Headnote by Amber Dash:

While I was compiling this diary's sections to include, I was looking through old boxes, and found a letter. I showed it to Dad, and Dad told that Scootaloo wrote it for her parents one day in at Ponyville Junior. They took it to Grandpa Thunderclap and Grandma Rosy Fields grave, and the next day he went back and grabbed it, to save it. He felt like one day she may want to read it again. He never re-opened it, but he said I could keep it, so I decided to include it here.

Dear Mama and Papa, Auntie Raincloud,

I know it has been years since I have seen you. I know I may ever get to meet you again, outside a dream, but I still think about you. I still hope that, in the bottom of my heart, you are proud of the mare I've become. I know I make my mistakes. I know I've lost my way from time to time, but I still do what I can to make you both proud, even if you aren't here.

I use what you've given me, these wings, these hooves, this mind, and this heart, and make the best of what life has given me. I've found a colt who cares for me like family. I've made friends who mean more to me than I ever thought friends could. I'd lay down my life for them. I'd be there for them like you were for me. I know we didn't get the greatest amount of time together, but in the eight and nine years we had together, I learned many things that stick with me to this day.

I hope the mare I've become is one that you would be proud to call your daughter. I know, no matter what I'd done, you'd tell me you loved me and were proud, but I want to be somepony amazing. I may have not found my mark, my purpose, what makes me special, yet, but I know it's out there, and even though you can't be here to tell me to stay strong and optimistic, I know your words, even all these years later. I still know the value of hard work and dirty hooves. I still know the meaning of love, and I hope Featherweight feels that. Who knows, maybe one day we'll marry.

I wish you could have been there for so many events, and while we were separated so long ago, you stay in my heart, always. I don't know why I'm writing this, and I know some stray gust will blow it away, or rain will turn it to dirt where it lies, but the feeling that I could maybe tell you just what you mean to me, even now, still lingers in my heart. Maybe writing this is pointless, but maybe your souls, Mama and Papa curled up together, and you, Auntie Raincloud, rocking in that chair like always, can see these if Princess Luna can deliver them to the Land of Eternal Sleep. I don't even know if it exists, but books talk about it, and maybe I can just tell you this: thank you for the small fragment of time we had together. Thanks for taking care of me, and I haven't forgotten you.

Love, your daughter and niece,

Scootaloo

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 24 )

Has this been completely rewritten? It seems different

6029737 Right now the first two sections are redone, though I intend to tweak several things in the future. I also plan to try and work in more, IF I have time and energy.

Well, even though i did Favorited your story, I still wanted to keep reading and now it's done.

I love it! :twilightsmile:

What the hay... scoots will be always be best filly to me.

I can totally understand that not every chapter had to include an episode that was from MLP show, but you did an excellent job.

Now it's time to smile, unless you don't want to.
:twilightsmile: :rainbowlaugh: :pinkiehappy: :raritywink: :scootangel: :yay:

6064668 Thanks so much! I've really tried to polish it up, lately, too. I went back and tweaked a few things for flow's sake. I've added in a few extra bits and pieces. I really hope it feels complete, and not rushed.

6651629 It's hard to tell. I still have HUGE episodes from earlier that I loved, but can never fit in. Flight to the Finish (while I felt Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom seemed very out of character) was adorable, but it'll never fit in. I adored the conclusion. However, for obvious reasons, it just doesn't fit anywhere in the timeline. :c

That said. I tell myself I'm done and always come back to this story. I adore every minute of writing for it, of imagining the scenes, and of feeling all the love, frustration, exhaustion, sorrow, and longing that the characters feel.

I included the changes I did, because I will definitely admit with every fiber of my being, that their version of those events outdid mine tenfold. S5E18 was amazingly done.

6653904 One can still be innocent and the victim of tragedy. It's not like it was grizzly murder scene.

6654683 You might after this. Their personalities in my head were just so perfectly complementary.

Overall thoughts, BRB FEELZ, but seriously, this was amazing

6656895 Can we have a sequal with Amber Dash starting her own diary

6657852 I'd like to, perhaps, but I really just don't have the time I'd like anymore. :c I won't rule it out. I also wanted to write more from Featherweight's perspective, but the project never took off.

6657950 I get it if you can't

Being the Scootaloo fan, (and huge Twilight Sparkle fan) that I am, I've gotta say... This was a very good read, I'm glad to have found this story

6665318 It's greatly appreciated. I came to love a lot of the characters a lot more after writing this.

I just finshed reading this and I have to say its a beautiful story its so heart warming and lighthearted at the right times.
although at the end it felt really really rushed unlike the other chapters because really TWO time skips in ONE chapter. that feels like its rushed.
otherwise its an amazing story.
and sometimes the 'time travel' was kinda annoying because you jumped from season 1 to season 3 in the first couple chapters when scootaloo moves to ponyvill for good.
other than that was the most heart toching scootaloo story ive ever read.

6680363 the ice jumpy thing is because I liked Sleepless, but it couldn't work canonically at season 3, so I put it in season 1's time frame at a time where it didn't conflict with the events within.

The end may have to be split and expanded, because I want those events, but I can't write 70+ years of entries. As such, my other option is to do more mundane ties at each timeframe. Possible, but I'll need time. I am not ruling it out. If I do, I hope you come back to this. ♡

6681180 if you do I will defiantly come back to it because its a great story and to be honest I made this story its own liabary to reside in because I didn't feel like going through my read later or favorite's liabery to find it
honestly theres only a few other scootaloo story's that I would do it for
1,(this fic was removed by the author to make room for other storys) scootaloo and rainbow dash sister's forever (I fucking loved it so much.) (R.I.P)
2,fluttermommy and angeldaddy(its not finshed and hasn't been updated since chrismas of last year)
3,scootaloo's new life (I loved it so much and was one of the first fic I read with my account on fimfiction.)
4,A New Hero (this story is stuck at the end of season 4 and its on fanfiction)(which kinda sucks but regardless ITS AWESOME)
and finally 5, Cheating the cycle of life-A padded pony collab(its great but there's a few bad chapters here and there)
(also if you want ill give you a link to each of the storys if you want to read them)

6681353 possibly, I'm pretty picky on the things I'll read.

6682023 ok just let me know idif you want any of the links

6782464 I really adored how several of these characters came out. Some of this came from art I liked and Scoots' coltfriend came from just trying to match up characters in my head, then I realized he could be her rock, her thing that tied her to reality, and play the voice of reason. He's quiet, contemplative, and caring. He was the perfect fit.

I love this story. I absolutely love it. There are few stories that bring me close to tears, and this is one that really touched my heart. I’ve been reading this for a few days, and almost cried near the end. Seriously, Thankyou for writing this story. This has to be one of the best I’ve read, If not the best! :scootangel:

9404932
Thanks ♥

Even after all these years I'm super proud of it. It was a serious undertaking, but it helped me grow as a creator, and I am really satisfied with the story that came out!

Motherbucking SoundCloud timing, always playing the sad songs to compound the emotional damage. This time it's Save Me by Globus, which may not be relevant narratively but it's instrumentation is still an emotional gut punch.

Login or register to comment