• Published 2nd Jul 2015
  • 167 Views, 0 Comments

My little Pony (Friendship Is Magic): The Truth About Peace - Salvatore Riechel



Freewill goes on an unexpected journey that would change his life forever.

  • ...
 0
 167

Prologue: New Beginnings

(Ask yourself this: What is freewill? Freewill is something that a pony chooses their own path and free to do whatever they want without somepony telling you what to do. Sure your life could be perfect and peaceful or perhaps dark and miserable. However, in the end your life could change forever. The word “Freewill”, actually that’s my pony name when I was born. Yes, my real pony name is Freewill. I was born and raised in the fighting city of Fillydelphia. Actually I’m living in the urban area even though there is also a grassland area. 21 years old and still living with my family, I know it’s painful even though I didn’t go to college and I’m still looking for a job. Now about my family. First theirs my mother “Nature Wonder”, a earth pony who is a hair dresser, can sometimes be a little impatient, and can sometimes embarrass me once in a while. Next theirs my father “Muscle Buff”, a unicorn pony who is a cop, loves to fight, and is always good at giving out life-long lessons. Then their is my older brother “Big Mikey”, a unicorn pony who owns a coffee shop, loves hoofball, and always watches out for me when needed. Finally theirs my older sister “Shelly Temple”, a earth pony who has a career in singing, loves kids, and I sometimes annoy her just for fun.

Now about me, myself, and I. Well, I’m a buffed up, tall, and yet a young handsome grey unicorn stallion. I can lift up to 2,000 pounds of pressure without using magic. No wonder everypony in Fillydelphia calls me “The Strongest Pony In All Of Equestria”. I master all types of magic powers including elemental powers. However, my special power is lightning magic because I earned my cutie mark that has a unicorn horn shooting out lightning after I was accidentally struck by lightning at the age of 8. Basically, I’m all powerful with lightning attacks but it’s limited to me because I become weak after I used it way too much and way too long. fortunately, it takes a little time for me to recover. When I’m not using magic, I always love doing boxing and destroy everything in my way. Also, I’m really fast because I can run at max speed at up to 500 mph and speed burst for a short time at 600 mph. Finally my personality is being funny, acting like a gentle colt to other mares, and I don’t fear everything. I fear nothing except bees, I hate bees. Mama always said I was special even though I was born ordinary. However, that’s not how my story began with my life. My real story began with this one epic journey that would change my life forever.

It was the first day of spring, I was working out in the backyard of my house. While I was in the middle of doing push-ups, my mother came outside to talk to me for a minute. I stopped what I was doing so I don’t get distracted.)

"What are you doing sweetie?" Said Nature Wonder.

"Nothing much, just getting ripped thats all." Said Freewill.

"Have you cleaned your room yet?"

"Mom, I’m 21 years old, you don’t have to tell me anymore of what to do now that I’m older."

"Alright, alright, settle down. (Sighs)"

"Whats wrong mom?"

"Nothings wrong Freewill. I’m still a little concerned if you would move out of the house one day and find a good job."

"I told you, I’m still thinking about it. I don’t know what to do as of now."

(My father comes out to see what was going on.)

"Whats wrong honey?” Said Muscle Buff.

"Oh nothing much, mr. stubborn over here is still deciding on his future." Said Nature Wonder.

“MOOOOOOOOOOOM." Said Freewill.

"Now now son settle down. Honey, could you go inside please, me and my son need to have another one of those life-long lessons." Said Muscle Buff.

"Ok dear.” Said Nature Wonder.

(My mother goes inside for peace and quiet. I was left with my dad to hear another one of his life-long lessons.)

"Son, we need to talk." Said Muscle Buff.

"Ok dad, fire away. But I’m not gonna like it.” Said Freewill.

“Son…I’ve watched you grow from a silly little filly into a fine young stallion. I know that you’re already getting older and life’s becoming more difficult for you now, but hey thats life. You got to start getting ahead of yourself Freewill One day you got to start a new life by yourself. Me and the rest of your family won’t be around forever you know. Unless your willing to fulfill your dreams to finally fight for peace. You always wanted peace your whole life and you are willing to one day sacrifice your life to save others But what the hay, that’s a good thing. However, always remember the most important thing I asked myself in life. [ You either one day die a true hero or perhaps you live longer and see yourself become the villain.] You understand now son?"

"Yes, that really means a lot to me."

"Excellent. Glad that you understand what I’m saying. Well, better get inside and make you those pillowy mounts of mashed potatoes you like so much."

"Alright (excited). Oh yay one last thing dad."

"What is it son?"

"Thanks, for cheering me up."

(My father goes inside to make dinner while I continued to work out in my backyard. Later that night, I was eating dinner with my family. Every night at dinner time we always tell each other of how our days went. I was in no mood to talk because dinner time was the most boring time of the day.)

"So Mikey, how was your day at work?" Said Nature Wonder.

"It was awesome. The new orange mocha frappuccino I came up with was an instant success. The whole place was jumping all day.” Said Big Mikey .

(Good thing I knew that my big brother was always hyper. I wasn’t that much of a coffee lover.)

"Thats great Mikey, very great. What about you Shelly, how was your day?" Said Muscle buff.

"Very decent, my mentor said I had to relax so that I can control my singing pitch and make my voice perfect. Execution is always key for me.” Said Shelly Temple.

"(speaking quietly to himself) I can see where this is going." Said Freewill.

"Shut up. I heard that.” Said Shelly Temple.

"Well excccccccuuuuuuuuuuusssssssssssseeeee me big sister, I happen to be the funny one."

"Oh yeah. Well how was your day?"

"Uuummm…….."

"I’m waiting."

"Uuummm…..boring."

"Exactly. You never do anything when your bored all the time."

"Yes I do."

"Then what did you do today?"

"Nothing, I just worked out in my backyard today thats all."

"Freewill, do you always have to pick on your sister? She’s older than you.” Said Nature Wonder.

"Ok, ok, ok, sheesh. I’ll calm down for once.” Said Freewill.

"Good, now you can apologize to your sister.” Said Muscle Buff.

"(sighs) Alright, I’m sorry for teasing you.” Said Freewill.

"Thats better." Said Shelly Temple.

(After Dinner, I went upstairs, took a nice cold shower, and then went to my room to relax on my bed. Just before bedtime, my parents came to my room because they wanted to talk about my future. What happened next was to be the biggest excuse, I myself could ever imagine.)

"Son, we’ve been thinking.” Said Muscle Buff.

"Go on.” Said Freeewill.

"Well its not easy but, (pauses for 5 seconds) we think that it’s time for you to live a natural lifestyle."

(My mother hands me a bag full of money. I looked inside the bag.)

"How much is in the bag?"

"10,000 bits.” Said Nature Wonder.

"10,000? But that’s part of your life savings. Why give this to me?” Said Freewill.

"Maybe it’s best for you to take a relaxing vacation.” Said Muscle Buff.

"Vacation? Wait wait wait wait wait, timeout. This isn’t about me moving out, is it?"

"No, no, no. Its just that you need some time off thats all."

"Oh, needs some time off you say. (Angry) I can’t believe this. This is bucking crazy."

"But we’re just trying to help you.” Said Nature Wonder.

"Whats there to help for? I have no reason to leave. I love it here. Besides, I never been outside of Fillydelphia before.” Said Freewill.

"Come on, at least give it a try for once” Said Muscle Buff.

(For the next 30 seconds, I thought, and I thought, and I thought. Until I realize, maybe I’ve been too hard on myself. Finally, it was time to face the music.)

"(sighs for 3 seconds) Alright, I’ll give it a try."

"Thats a good sign. Since your busy right now, will leave you alone right now. Goodnight Freewill.” Said Nature Wonder.

"Night mom, night dad."

(Soon after, I go over to my desk where my journal is. I only use my journal to write about my life almost everyday. I started to write about my day.)

(Journal): March 20th, 2015
Dear Journal

I’ve had one of those days where everything is always getting worse. Moving out of the house is still a bad idea since there is nothing to do. But why go, even though you have no friends, no job, and no options. However, even a simple vacation is the answer to my problems. Until then, I’m still thinking about the life-long lesson dad was talking about. I just hope one day there will be peace and quiet in the land of Equestria. Until then, I still live in a world of fear.

Sincerely,

Freewill

[4 hours later]

(It was passed midnight, and I was fast asleep. Dreaming away to put my worries aside. I was dreaming that I was relaxing under a palm tree on an island in the middle of nowhere. As I was relaxing, a giant ray of lights was heading straight towards me. I started to panic.)

"What the buck? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH."

(The next thing I knew, I slowly woke up in the middle of a strange void and then I heard a voice.)

“Freewill.” Said the mysterious voice.

(I looked around to find the pony calling me.)

“Freewill."

(Finally, through my very eyes I saw a dark figure in a cloaked hoodie looking at me.)

"What the………Who are you?” Said Freewill.

"That’s not of your concern. However you can prefer to me as ‘P.L.'."

"Ok P.L.. What do you want?"

"Is it that obvious? I knew that one day I find the real truth somehow."

"The real truth about what?"

"That you are the chosen one. I have spent my whole life looking for you."

“Me?"

"Yes you."

"What do you want me to do?"

"You will go to Ponyville. Look for the one they call 'The Princess Of Friendship'. There she will help you start your training."

"Training for what?"

"To control your anger, face your fears, and become more stronger than you can possibly imagine. I have full confidence in you Freewill. That is all."

(P.L. then started to slowly disappear into a ray of lights that was coming towards me again.)

"Wait hold on a minute. Wait……………"

(I then woke up from my dream in a frightened way. Breathing heavily, it was already morning. After a few minutes, I start to realize something from my dreams.)

"Chosen one……….Why me?"

(At breakfast time, I thought about my dream last night.)

"Son, you ok?” Said Nature Wonder.

(Finally, it hit me. That dream last night was a sign of a new beginning for my life. Thats when I realized it was time to show the world what I’m made of.)

"Hello? Answer her.” Said Shelly Temple.

(I finally snapped out of it.)

"Oh yes. Well, I have some good news.” Said Freewill.

"What is it?” Said Muscle Buff.

"Oh this is gonna be good.” Said Big Mikey.

"Well, I’ve been thinking. I finally made my decision of what to do in life. Well, here it goes. (Sighs) Everyone, I’ve decided that I should move to Ponyville to start a new life and find a good job.” Said Freewill.

“Really?” Said Nature Wonder.

"Thats great.” Said Muscle Buff.

"Awesome bro.” Said Big Mikey.

"Oh my gosh. When are you leaving?"

“Now.” Said Freewill.

(Soon after breakfast, I packed my thing including food, clothes, and even my journal. Good thing I didn’t forget the money my parents left for me. Just before I left for Ponyville, I said my goodbyes to family members.)

"Bye son, make some new friends.” Said Nature Wonder.

"Farewell, hope you find a good job.” Said Muscle Buff.

"See ya bro, write to me once in a while.” Said Big Mikey.

"Bye bye, take care of yourself.” Said Shelly Temple.

"Goodbye family. I’ll come back one day, I promise.” Said Freewill.

(And so, I started to fast walk all the way to Ponyville. Starting to travel straight past Baltimare, past through 2 large mountains, through a river stream, and even a creepy but dark Everfree Forest. But after getting lost through the 2 mountains, passing through a large area of very spiny bushes and being chased by a manticore later, I finally reached Ponyville after one whole week. As I stand on a very ledge hill, I looked at Ponyville for 15 seconds and said the most important ones of my life.)

"Well. This is it, Ponyville. I guess this is where my journey………..actually begins here.” Said freewill to himself.

Author's Note:

I’ll leave the rest up to you my fellow bronies. Freewill’s journey must continue. Feel free to write about how Freewill’s journey will continue on and beyond.

P.S.: I really want my OC “Freewill” to develop an interesting friendship and later a loving relationship with Princess Twilight Sparkle from your own writings.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment