• Published 25th Jun 2015
  • 653 Views, 3 Comments

Fashion, Journalism, and Romance - Magic Cupcakes



Coco Pommel is an aspiring fashion designer and Trenderhoof is a journalist look for a story, when their paths cross they both find the unexpected

  • ...
3
 3
 653

Coincidences

Waking up, a bit early just in case, I popped out of bed and quickly got changed. Putting in my little flower clip and straightening my collar and tie and running a comb through my bangs, I took a look into the mirror. Perfect. Walking out, I headed towards Central Park. As I got there, I spotted Trenderhoof over at a bench. I began to walk over as he saw me and gave a grin. “Good morning, coffee?” He handed me a cup of hot coffee and scooted over on the bench.

“Thank you.” I said taking a sip.

“So into the interview.” He started, taking out his notepad and pen. “Yesterday you said you quit your assistant position, what made you quit?" I took a deep breath as the aroma of coffee filled my nose. As I thought of that day when I finally stood up to her, a confidence filled me.

“Well, Suri had entered fashion week and she felt very confident in the line accept against one opponent, Rarity. She had created her own cloth and it was marvelous, so Suri asked if she could use some and Rarity, who was very kind, gave her all of she extras. So then Suri had me make a whole new line for her that night so that it would seem Rarity had taken HER idea. But Rarity was able to make a whole new line, all from hotel materials, with the help of her friends and it was amazing, she actually won. That’s when I realized that you don’t have to be cruel to win, you can be generous and still make it in this city. So I quit working for Suri and followed my own path which lead to Bridleway because Rarity was able to get me a job there.” I looked over at Trend and instead of furiously writing, he was looking at me.

“That’s incredible, for more reasons than one. Not only is that inspiration, but I also was taught something by a mare named Rarity.” It was mostly likely were talking about the same mare.

“From PonyVille?” I asked, just to be sure.

“Yes!” Wow, Rarity was quite the inspirational mare.

“What did she teach you?” I asked turning towards him; wondering if also learned about generosity.

“Well,” He began. “She taught me that you shouldn’t change yourself for another pony and that if they didn’t like you the way you are that’s their loss.” Not what I had expected, yet so beautiful, stay true to yourself, Rarity really was brilliant.

“How did you find that?” I asked honestly wondering how that came up.

“Well…” He told me how he had fallen for a country girl named AppleJack when in PonyVille for the PonyVille Day Parade. While there he had tried to become all country to woo her, when Rarity stopped him from giving his life away and told him that changing himself wouldn’t make AppleJack love him for who he truly is.

“That’s so interesting that Rarity affected both of careers so majorly, for me it was getting credit for my designs and you it was staying in Manehatten and being a writer rather than a farmer in PonyVille.” I chuckled at the thought as I looked at Trend and imagined him all muddy in jean overalls.

“What’s so funny?” He took a sip of his coffee before scooting closer to me.

“I was just thinking of you as a farmer. I think city fits you better.” He laughed.

“Yeah, getting dirty and sweaty in the sun all day is not quite that appealing to me.” I smiled as I looked across Central Park. Although many ponies were walking around, it seemed like a serene escape from the bustling city streets. I always did love to sketch here and just take in the feeling. I looked back at Trend who was watching the clouds roll by with a blank face. He was an interesting stallion, he loved farm life and nature yet seemed made to live in a city.

“What did you like so much about farms?” I asked. He turned his attention back to me and gave a smile.

“I love it because… because I’m fascinated with nature.”

“What do you mean ‘fascinated’?” I asked trying to get a clearer answer.

“Well, I’m fascinated by how nature just does and yet it makes these beautiful scenes and intricate components.” It made sense what he was saying, because those things often inspired me. We both gazed around the park for awhile just simply taking in what it had to offer. Trend suddenly turned me. “Im sorry but I have to go, I have another appointment across the city. Maybe we could talk again sometime, are you free Friday?”

“Yes.” Another meeting? I was sure make one of his stories now.

“Then meet me at six at Bab’s Bistro Friday. I’ll see you then.” He said ending with a smile before he got up and galloped away. These interviews seemed to really well. It just seemed so easy to talk to him which made them so enjoyable unlike my usual interviews which I would dread for fear I would make a mistake or a fool of myself. I’m glad this is working out, hopefully my name would soon be known throughout all ManeHatten. I got up and began to walk home as I thought of my promising future.