• Published 18th Oct 2015
  • 3,973 Views, 71 Comments

SAE - Sword Art Equestria - The Dark Brony



Sometimes good things happen to bad people and others bad things happen to good people. whatever way you look at I am one of those cases when Bad thing happen to good people, and i will find what I have lost or die trying.

  • ...
42
 71
 3,973

Chapter 1 - Don't trust the merchant

There are many things I wish I could change about my past, the main one being not searching for my brother. I'll be honest, I know I like Sword Art Online, but was it the best idea going to Comic-con as Kirito, and how did I even persuade my mom to go as Asuna? I never knew she was never much of a cosplayer, but I’ll even admit she did a good job of remaking a copy of Asuna’s Undine ALO (Alfheim Online) avatar.

For those people who don't know about Sword Art Online, it is an anime and a manga series based in the year 2022, where people now have methods of playing what is referred to as a VRMMORPG, which stands for Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. In this reality you were able to take full control of an in-game avatar using a system called a NerveGear, however as soon as people logged into the game they got trapped in the game and couldn't log out, this led to ten-thousand people having to fight through the game to complete it, by reaching the one-hundredth floor of a tower called Aincrad and in turn escape from the game back into the real world, however if any of them died in the game they died in real life.

The main character of this was a boy who's in game name was Kirito and it was him who I was now cosplaying as. The costume I wore was a shoddy replica of his in-game equipment, this consisted of some black trousers, a black belt, a black V-necked shirt that was worn underneath a poorly made black trench-coat that looked similar to that of Kirito’s in the Anime, I also wore some black boots, and had managed to scavenge some metal to make what looked like silver plates, I also wore a pair of black fingerless gloves that completed the costume. The only thing I didn’t have was a copy of his swords. We had also looked for some replica's of the swords from the anime however they were all very expensive, much more than we could afford.

As soon as we arrive I ask her “come on mum, how is this going to help me forget about him?”

To this, she tells me “Your brother always wanted to come here. This isn't to forget about him, it's to remember what he loved.”

I then look at her in confusion then ask he “But why move from England to America? Why did we have to leave home?”

She then looks towards the ground and says, “I needed to get away from the memories, first Craig's disappearance, then your fathers.”

I then scream, “Stop. Just stop”

“I'm sorry I keep forgetting that you hate that”

I then shake my hand to her and say “Forget it... let's just walk around”

As we begin to look around the numerous stalls, that were selling everything from comic books to Figurines. We then found one store that sold something extremely unexpected. As we examined the stalls wears we noticed that there were two swords on display in a case and as I looked at them I became aware that they were a perfect replica of two of Kirito's swords Elucidator and Dark Repulser. To perfect.

“You like those? I made them myself,” The man behind the counter said. He was dressed in a white trench coat with purple lightning. His right eye was blocked by an eyepatch while his left was yellow. His skin pale, and his teeth sharp. “Took me about a month each.”

We then look at the swords as I say “I will admit they look like near perfect copies of them”

“Well thank you. I’ve been coming to conventions ever since I learned about them and I’ve been making props and souvenirs ever since. Would you like to buy it?” The man asked, smiling.

My mum then looks at him and asks, “How much would they be? We’ve seen similar ones before and they were more than we could afford after we moved from England.”

“Hmm… Well, I haven’t had any customers all day…” He sighed, “Don’t know why, though… Anyway, it’s twenty each. No extra change, I’d give you all my pennies if I could.”

We then look at each other as I ask “Are you serious only forty for them both? Are you sure about that they look like they're worth more than that”

“Made these baby’s when I first saw them, haven’t sold since. I love ‘em since they were some of my best work back then, but I want to, as the kids say, spread the love. Besides, no SAO costume is good without a sword! I’m sure you’ll take good care of them.” He smiled.

I then look at him and say, “You know what… You’re right, I’ll take them” I then quickly get my wallet out and then give him forty dollars exactly. I then laugh and say, “Shame he didn’t have the stuff for you mum… Although I do think Craig would have been jealous of this stuff.”

She then smiles and say, “yeah, he did love a lot of anime… although I guess he loved that show just a little bit more.”

“Would you like anything else? Something else Sword Art or… Something else?” The man asked again.

My mum then looked at him and asked, “Do you have the sword that links to my character and maybe the wand as well?”

“Sure,” He bent over. A few seconds later, he popped up with the aforementioned items, “These? Sword’ll cost ya about… Ten, and the wand five.”

She then smiles at him then says “you know what, I think you have yourself a deal” she then quickly gets fifteen dollars out of her purse and passes it over to the man.

“Thank you for your business-” He was cut off as a girl wearing a Harley Quinn costume walked in.

“Dad! Clark hit me!” She said, rubbing a bruise on her cheek.

“Okay, I’ll call security.”

We then look at him and his daughter then I say, “mind if we deal with him first… I for one hate people who think they can go around treating people like dirt.”

“No, no. It’s okay, I wouldn’t want you two to get into trouble. They were dating, and I guess he’s dumped her. I have some snickers and peanut butter fingers in the back, free of charge.” He said before storming out.

We then look at him as he leaves as I say “why do I get the feeling the other guys in trouble”

“Well, like dad said. Want anything before you go? He’ll close up once he’s done.” The man’s daughter said.

My mum then smiles and says, “no we’ll be fine your dad's quite a generous guy miss… sorry never asked your name.”

“Emelly. But everyone calls me Entropy.” She replied. “My dad's name is Scott, but everyone calls him Spinner.”

I then smile and say, “well then please tell your dad that we are very great…” I then collapse onto the floor as I mutter “what the hell?”

“Don’t worry,” Entropy says, “I’ll pass it along.”

My mum then looks at her and say, “what did you…” seconds later she begins to fall as well and says, “what did your dad do to us?”

“He gave you stuff, isn’t that obvious?” Entropy giggled, “Oh, and also offered to candy!”

I then mutter to her “what aren’t you telling us.” I then look down to see a small hole appearing below my mum and me and say “oh hell that’s not possible.”

“Impossible is a loose term,” Entropy said, “I like the word ‘rare’. Getting sucked into a portal is rare, isn’t it?”

I then look at her and say “A Portal… Oh dammit, this can’t get much worse.” with that we begin to fall through the portal as we disappear from the area around us.

“Don’t say that! It always gets worse!” Entropy said, giving us a salute.

I then mutter “what do you mean” just before the portal closes above us. the portal closes above us.

Author's Note:

Hi everyone,

Here goes another story, I've had it in my head for a while but never got round to starting it.

I would like to thank Bronyparasite for allowing me to use his Displacer Time Spinner to displace these two.

Hope to hear you thoughts on this
The Dark Brony