• Published 25th Jun 2015
  • 1,381 Views, 9 Comments

A Land That Wrath Never Knew - jblan1016



Asura has faced impossible challenges and beaten them, and now he is against his final foe. but his enemy has one last trick.

  • ...
4
 9
 1,381

Chapter 3

Before he knew it, Asura was airborne. Feeling the tight grip release from around his body, he spun around to face towards the ground. As he prepared to launch back down, he was impacted by what he saw as an orange blur. As he recovered from the burning attack, he turned to face what hit him. He saw Solar Flare floating about twenty feet away from the god of wrath, slowly flapping her burning wings. "Is that all you can handle? You seemed so cocky earlier, we actually expected a challenge. Oh well, I guess I will get rid of my sister and those elements and burn away this land." She started to grin."All hail the Solar Princes-no, all hail theSolar Queen!" the sun god started to laugh. realizing just how close her dream was. "I am the one god to rule this world, and there is nopony to stop m-" Solar Flare was suddenly cut off by a high speed projectile striking her in the barrel. "What in Equestria was that?" she looked back over to Asura and found the demigod extending his fist, pointing towards her.

"I will not stand for this." Asura was absolutely burning with anger. Swinging his other fist forward, he launched another fist-shaped blast towards Solar Flare, catching her straight in the muzzle. He started to rapidly punch the air, pummeling the sun god with his wrathful mantra. As he pulled back his final blast, through the smoke he saw a single light. As the smoke cleared, Asura saw the light was coming from the tip of Solar Flare's horn. Before he could move, the light suddenly grew brighter and started launching orbs of magic at him. They about matched his mantra blasts in speed but they packed much more of a punch. Asura was thrown around like a ragdoll as each blast curved towards him. Eventually the blasts ended leaving Asura falling back towards Canterlot.

"No, but you will die for it" the solar queen said as her horn started glowing with a much larger light. She launched a beam of energy towards Asura. He glanced behind him, seeing the massive city of Canterlot below him, he couldn't move or else the city had no chance of being saved. He could do only one thing. Spreading both his arms out wide he braced for the attack. The beam was devastating, it quickly engulfed Asura and continued heading towards the city. As it came closer and closer to hitting, it seemed to slow down. A small red dot, barely visible to anypony was at the head of the blast. Asura took the beam full force and was stopping it. As he smashed into the deserted streets of Canterlot, he pushed the blast to a stalemate. As he held it off, one image came to mind: Mithra. He let out a deep growl of anger, remembering why he was fighting. He will save her, he will stop her tears, he will see her happy again, even if he dies for it. As he pushed back the blast, it seemed lighter, easier to move. His wrathful mantra had taken effect. He swung one of his vajra covered arms back, and shot it forward again, releasing one of his strongest projectiles yet. It pushed through the center of the orange energy beam, breaking through it. Sure enough, Asura heard a grunt of pain as the last remnants of the beam dispersed. He got ready to launch himself into the air again but was caught off guard by a much more powerful energy blast than the barrage earlier. As he looked up, guessing there to be more incoming, instead he saw Solar Flare charging up a massive energy orb. It would be strong enough to level the entire city with ease. Before she launched the orb the size of a large house, she yelled out "For there to be rebirth there must be destruction!". The orb fell slowly towards the city, looking like the sun itself was falling to Equestria. Asura jumped up onto the buildings heading about to where the impact site would be. Glancing up, he saw it was aiming towards the same tower where the battle began. He launched himself up the side of the tower, already skilled from his experiences in Naraka. As he landed on the top, the orb was nearing the tower. As it was closing in, Asura prepared himself to catch it. It was finally in arms reach. Asura planted one hand to it, and another, and another. As three more arms landed onto the colossal attack, Asura now pushing with more than six times the force, shoved the orb forward and stopped its slow but powerful drop. As it ground to a halt, Asura started to mercilessly pounded on it with his six arms. After a mere fifteen seconds of continuous attacks, the orb exploded into an orange wave of energy that didn't harm anything or anypony. Asura launched himself back up to the stunned solar queen.

"Who ever asked for rebirth?" Asura said as he swung his three right fists into the chin of Solar Flare. "Who said this world would have to change for your plans?" he brought down two fists onto her head shooting her straight into the earth. "Who claims that you have almighty power, that you can kill anyone for your own gain, that your grand idea is all that matters?!" grabbing onto her horn, Asura slammed her onto the ground. "Just because you are a god, doesn't mean everyone bends to your will!" he flung her into the air, expecting her to come crashing down. However, she was able to regain balance and recover on the ground. She let out a scream of rage.

"I am stronger than any and everypony in this land, I should decide what to do! I should choose how they live, how they think, how they work! I am their god, and if I want to start over for the better than I will!" she fired a multitude of much stronger blasts, greater than her previous small attacks. Asura shielded himself with his arms as he ran towards her. As he closed in some of two of his arms shattered, but he charged onwards. He felt his other right arm give way and his left one crack. As he reached her, he used his cracked arm to strike her straight on the muzzle, shattering the arm. Before she could spread her wings and escape, Asura jumped up, grabbing onto one of her back hooves and slammed her back down. She spun around and fired one final blast, breaking off the vajra coating of his two remaining arms. He planted his fist straight into her barrel and focused his mantra into the other. He swung it back and launched it forward, connecting with her horn. She screamed in both pain and rage as a dark orange mist seeped from the crack. As this happened, her coat returned to its usual white color and her burning mane change to its soothing waving flow. She muttered one thing before falling unconscious.

"Thank you...". The orange mist quickly materialized into a small orange crystal and released a wave of orange energy, before landing into the garden. Asura was hit by that energy and collasped next to the now free Celestia, and the sun resumed its normal cycle.

Author's Note:

Sorry about the wait, I had family over and overall I kinda started....being a lazy ass.:facehoof: But I'll try to pop out chapters more often. And trust me, Asura The Destructor(the form, not the person) will make an appearance, maybe not soon, but he will.

Comments ( 4 )

"Just because you are a god, doesn't mean everyone bends to your will!"

donĀ“t tell that Twilight:unsuresweetie:

I think this chapter was your best till now, still shorter than what i am used to have, but the fight was somehow interessting, and i liked how you ended the chapter.

Not sure about his powers anymore, but you probably should not use his biggest powers to soon.

Somehow i am now interessted in a Asura X Celestia Romance/ Adventure, and...... story.

celestia being strong enough to even slow down Asura, kek

I would like to have a new chapter please.

please continue this work of art called a story.

Login or register to comment