• Published 21st May 2012
  • 1,761 Views, 13 Comments

Luna's Eclipse - enamis



Twilight and her life along whit a nearing demise of Luna

  • ...
3
 13
 1,761

EXTRA: Daughters of Chaos.1.0.2

A/N: I wanted to add this to the last chapter, but it wasn't finished back then.

The Dragon's Kin'
Chapter 1 - Luna's Eclipse
EXTRA: Daughters of Chaos.1.0.2






Back in real-time





Thunder. The storm cracks the sky with a bright light. In the middle of the Everfree, a castle stands, a castle that seems ruined, but it is not.

While not noticeable from the outside, it’s actually brightly lit and inhabited.

The door slams shut and a voice, plain and simple, shouts, “Pinkie I'm home!”

A pink mane poked out from the corner of the room, “THERE you are, I was getting worried!”

“Sorry Pink’s lost track of time.” A figure walks over to the pink pony.

“Ya’ know, you look cuter when you stand on all fours.” The pink pony giggles, its none other than Pinkie pie. She pulls the figure (which resembles a pony) close and gives it a tight hug. “Oh Discord…” she sighs and places her head on his chest, “I wish you would have been able to come to the party… I mean, there were only the elements and their other halves… ok and maybe about half of Ponyville… but still!”

“I know Pinkie… but you’ve seen Tia, she’s such a party-pooper.” The stallion like creature giggled along with Pinkie, he was none other than Discord.

He leaned over and kissed Pinkie on the forehead. “You should go to bed.”

“D-eeeeeee, I'm not a filly anymore, I do what I want.” Pinkie executes a swift move and turns on a dime, her tail lightly smacks Discord in the face sending him to a pink-cottony heaven.

Those two, despite the circumstances, were still fresh in love. An odd couple if you ask me.

Pinkie quickly finishes whatever she was doing at the kitchen sink and turns around while still shaking off the water of her hooves. “Ok I'm done now.” She walks out of the doorway towards her mate. She blinks and smiles one of her sexy smiles. As she makes her way up the stairs Discord walks over to the doorway and flips a switch. Almost instantly the lights go out, thank Celestia… Celestia had gotten them one of those… electricity generator things or whatever. And it’s a good thing there’s a small stream nearby that can power the thing.
Discord quickly flies up the staircase and into their grand bedroom. He softly lands in case Pinkie was already sleeping, and quietly trots over to their alicorn-sized bed. He shakes off whatever was on his hooves during the day, and gently climbs into the bed. He shifts next to his beloved Pinkie.

She mumbles something, probably telling him that’s she’s still awake. Discord nuzzles Pinkie’s neck making her giggle. He tries to press her close to him but finds that her pregnant-belly is making it difficult.
He sub-consciously he mumbles: “You’re getting a bit chubby lately…” right after it’s been said he immediately regrets it, biting his lip in the process. Pinkie on the other hand, turns around and in a slightly angered voice says, “Well EXCUSE me, mister-who-doesn’t-do-anything-but-just-sits-there-and-waits-for-me-to-do-all-the-work-sir. It’s not my fault that Mother Nature had made these things so big.” She looked offended and shifted around slightly.

“I… didn’t…” Discord tried to smoothen the situation.

“I KNOW,” Pinkie laughed, “I was just messing with you!” she gently pressed her front hooves against Discords chest and pushed him.

Discord giggled “You joker…” he grabbed Pinkie’s hooves and pulled her into a kiss. After a moment they made themselves comfortable and ready to go to sleep.
The storm is still raging outside the thick walls of the ancient castle. Pinkie has her head pressed against Discord’s soft chest, while he holds his hands on Pinkie’s shoulders. Their legs crisscrossed under the blankets. They just look so cute together.



---------



“D…?” a quiet voice echoed in the darkness.

“Mrfh?” Discord wasn’t pleased. He always liked to sleep in, despite his hyperactive wife. After 10,000 years of numb sleep, you’d grown to like it.
Discord tuned to Pinkie “What’s wrong? And please don’t tell me it’s the storm…” he wasn’t all that kind at the moment.

“No D… it’s… it’s something more…” Pinkie’s voice trembled.

“Then what is it?” Discord didn’t bother to turn on the light.
Pinkie’s sky-blue eyes almost glowed in the dark, they seemed… off… her cheeriness was gone, now replaced with a worried and painful look. Even her mane had lost half of its fluffiness. It made Discord slightly uneasy.
“Pinkie…” he was getting worried. He gently placed Pinkie’s hooves in his own, fingered, hooves. “What’s wrong?” he whispered.

“I… I think… urgh!” Pinkie grunted in slight pain. “I… I think it’s time D…”

The last sentence she spoke made Discord numb. Cold sweat forced out of his well-kept coat. For a second there, he just glanced in the darkness in total shock. “This can’t be right… not now…” he said to himself. But he knew he was wrong…

“D…? I… gah!” Pinkie’s expression brought Discord back to reality. 10,000 years of uselessness… it’s finally time to pony up.

Discord jumped out of bed uttering a single nuzzle on Pinkie’s nose, just to wordlessly say he’ll be right back. His eyes had adjusted to the dark and there was no time to light the candles. Right before he dipped down the staircase he noticed Pinkie twirling in a ball. “Poor thing… no time to waste!” he yelled at himself.

After a few minutes Discord was rushing up the stairs. If it wasn’t for the… serious situation Pinkie would have cracked right up. He just looked so funny, balancing a big bowl of water on his head, a big medicine bag in his mouth… his wings served as towel racks. Pinkie pushed out a weak smile.
Those nine months ago she knew what she was signing up for… enough stories from AJ’ and her friends about what THEY have heard from their relatives. And of course the Cakes… how could she have forgotten… but this wasn’t the right time to dip in memories. A sharp pain in her gut agreed.
Pinkie twirled in pain, only now she noticed that she had really gotten big, and touching her own hooves was a chore. Trying to think of anything to ease the pain Pinkie twisted and turned all around their big bed.

“Pink’s,” a familiar voice drew Pinkie out of the odd dimension she had accidentally entered, “how are you feeling?” It was Discord, he had dumped all the junk he carried upstairs and was now softly feeling Pinkie’s forehead.

“How does it LOOK like I’m feeling?!” Pinkie hissed back.

“Right… stupid question…” it was obvious to a blind pony that he didn’t know what to do.

Pinkie took in a deep breath. “D…?” she hopefully looked into the obscured eyes of her mate.

“Pinkie I’ll tell you right away before I screw something up, I have NO bucking idea on what to do now…” he gently squeezed one of Pinkie’s forehooves he held in his hands.

“I... ghh… I don’t ether…” Pinkie forced a smile, “but we’re in this together… that’s all that matters.”



---------



As lighting struck, its powerful sound was outdone by the screams of a mare.
If a lonely soul had wandered so far into the Everfree at this hour he would probably be scared so much that their coat would turn white in fear.

But as the pained screams dimmed down, they were replaces by the cries of a foal.



---------



Discord gently wrapped a towel around a small figure. The little figure was as energetic as it could have been, tossing its tiny little legs in all possible directions.
As he struggled to keep it in one place he finally won as the little one’s energy ran out.

Even if Discord had gotten used to walking on four legs he could still easily walk on his hind legs. So he did.
As he held the small figure in his front, claw-like hooves he abandoned an entire pile of towels, and a bowl filled with pink-ish water.



---------



She was just laying there. She was panting in exhaustion. No surprise really. Her hair was deflated and as straight as it could be. She was none other than Pinkie Pie.

Discord walked over to the bed. The couple exchanged a look as he handed the little bundle of hyper over to Pinkie.

He was now a father. A husband of an earth mare. The god of chaos… a daddy… what has the world come to? He smiled.

“She’s beautiful…” Pinkie whispered.

“How did you know it’s a she?”

Pinkie giggled, “Tail’s a-twitchin’.” Discord just smiled.
Indeed their little filly looked almost exactly like her mother. Even if her mane was still dirty and sticky (Discord admits that he didn’t do an exactly wonderful job on that), you could still see the endless fluffy curls.
The only thing that could differentiate the two was their color. Even if the room was dark you could still see that the filly’s mane was a nice ultramarine blue, and her coat, about the same, only a lot lighter.
She looked nothing like her father. Pinkie noticed that.

Discord curled around Pinkie’s back making himself her pillow. Pinkie just closed her eyes and licked the newborn’s nose. The sudden feeling made the little one burst open her eyes. Just as Pinkie suspected, they were just as ocean-blue as hers.

“D?” she quietly asked.

“Yes Pinkie?” he sleepily replied.

“I… I was wondering… why doesn’t she look like you in the least?” Pinkie asked. Her face was surprisingly serious and sad. The happy-go-lucky Pinkie had vanished.

Discord’s eyes burst open and his slightly confident smile vanished. “I…” he sighed. He turned around and looked Pinkie in her blue eyes.
“I guess I have to tell you…” there was an ominous silence.

“I… I don’t exist… the Discord you see here is not the real one… Why do you think the statue still stands? I-I'm just an incarnation of everything good that was left in him. I’ll have to go back one day… we will share the same memories though… we have always been one…” there was another silence.

“If he breaks free… it won’t be like last time… he won’t go easy on you… none of you… not even her…” he looked at his tiny blue daughter.
“He only played around last time… he underestimated you… he won’t make that mistake again.”
He looked at Pinkie. His eyes were filled with guilt and hers were filled with tears.

“I'm sorry…” he turned away and closed his eyes. He let all the information he had dumped on his loved one sink in.

“I don’t care…” she whispered after a few minutes.

“What? What do you mean?” Discord turned around again. He saw Pinkie with a smile on her face and a few small tear streaks on her cheeks.

“I don’t care about what happens next. I have always lived each day as my last. Why do you think I always party? Why do you think I always smile and stay up until dawn? Because one day it’ll be my last… and I don’t wanna’ miss it… I wanna live like that so I don’t regret any day in which I didn’t do something of my heart’s desire. Because you’ll never know until you regret. Smiles go both ways. I love you D…” she leaned closer and kissed Discord while still holding, the now sleeping, little bundle of energy which was her daughter.

“She still doesn’t have a name.” Discord said after the kiss. His voice had changed into that soft one.

“Hmm…” Pinkie smiled and looked away. “Blueberry… Blueberry Kathryn Pie.” she giggled.

“Sounds perfect.” Discord said as they kissed again.

They quickly rearranged themselves with Blueberry in the middle. Both parents twirled around her like a shield. Discord and Pinkie pressed their foreheads together. A small spark of chaos magic dropped a blanket on the three figures as they dozed off for a well-deserved sleep.







As Celestia’s sun climbed the horizon it brought forth a new day… and a new life…

---------------------------------------------------
A thanks to Midge Mannequin for editing
and a farewell and kind regards to my old editor AzureKaRyu