• Published 21st May 2012
  • 1,760 Views, 13 Comments

Luna's Eclipse - enamis



Twilight and her life along whit a nearing demise of Luna

  • ...
3
 13
 1,760

Part 1 - A new life

The Dragon's Kin'
Chapter 1 - Luna's Eclipse
Part 1
A new life




It’s been a few years since their noble adventures. The mane six have settled down and found a life of their own.

Twilight sits in her library next to a cup of coffee, its past noon already but she just got back from Canterlot a few days ago, and she had a lot of midnight-book-sorting to do. She had dark circles under her eyes and her eyelids were heavy.
The temporary librarian she hired didn’t do a particularly good job keeping up with Twilight’s standards. She yawned.

A quiet knock came from the general direction of the front door. At first Twilight thought it was just some foals having a laugh but the seemingly unnoticeable knocking continued, with short intervals of silence in between.

Twilight was still incredibly tired and the caffeine hadn’t kicked in yet. She forced herself out of the kitchen chair and slowly made her way to the door.
After a few moments she opened the door with her magic and saw a particular yellow figure slowly moving away, “Fluttershy!”

The yellow Pegasus turned around, “Oh Twilight! I'm really, really sorry. I must have woken you up, don’t worry I’ll come back later. ” As she turned around continued to walk away, Twilight trotted up to her and said, “Fluttershy you didn’t wake me up, I was already up for hours!” She over-exaggerated just a bit to make Fluttershy feel a little better.

“Umm, how about we get inside?” she said the very moment she realized that she had the worst bed-mane known in the universe, the type that would make Rarity pass out on first site, “I’m not going to make you walk across New Ponyville twice just to see me.”

“Oh it’s no big deal, really, since the fire, it seems that our homes are closer than ever.” As they walked inside Twilight continued, “Sooooo… umm you came here for something? ... Fluttershy?”

“Oh, umm, yes I completely forgot. I just wanted to let you know that Rainbow and Spitfire are coming over from Cloudsdale for a favor or something and that Pinkie is going to throw a BIG party! A-again…”

“A welcome back party?”

“Not just for them,” Fluttershy smiled, “but for you as well.”

“Humph I guess I didn’t even realize, since I came back you and Lyra are the only ones I’ve seen.”

“That’s not all Twilight,” she continued, “just like Pinkie said herself this party is also *gasp* happy-one-month-birthday-little-Sky-Apple-and-congrats-on-the-halfway-point-Rarity-and-Spike-and-welcome-back-Twilight-and-Rainbow-Dash-and-guess-what!!!” After she cought her breath, Fluttershy made her cute little ‘squee’ and said in an unusually loud voice “Eeeeeeeeeeeeep! I’m gonna be a mommy!!!”



Twilight stood there confused about the shy pony’s sudden outburst. Her eyes stretched wide as she processed what Fluttershy said and all she could muster up was a weak “Congratulations!” Still a little confused, the former-librarian was pulled into a tight but gentle hug. Fluttershy was practically shining with happiness. Twilight had no choice but to smile and be happy for her friend.

Twilight threw her thoughts directly out of her mouth not thinking twice as she usually does “Big Macintosh must be so proud.” Suddenly the hug stopped, Twilight slid out of Fluttershy’s hooves confused at what she said wrong.

“I… I haven’t t-told him yet…” Fluttershy looked at the ground almost as if embarrassed.

“W-why not Fluttershy?”

“I don’t know Twi’… I just don’t know… maybe because, he might not like it… maybe Big Mac-y-wack-y just doesn’t want any little fillies or colts running around yet. Oh Twilight I just don’t know what to do!” Fluttershy threw her hooves around Twi and began to quietly sob on her shoulder. Twilight knew that Fluttershy was timid and fearful but not so much that she wouldn’t be able to tell her loved one he’s going to be a father.

Twilight picked up all her courage and grabbed Fluttershy by the shoulders and looked her in the eye. “Fluttershy! Snap out of it and look at me! Believe me when I tell you, if he’s ‘the one’ he will ALWAYS be there for you no matter how many times you mess up! And believe me when I say he IS the one!!!”

They stood on the library’s wooden floor in an awkward position for a few moments. Fluttershy sniffed and stood up on all fours with confidence gleaming in her eyes. “You’re right! You’re absolutely right Twilight!” she turned around to face the door, “I’m gonna’ run home and look him in the eye, and tell him! And. I. Will. Make. Him. PROUD!” She dashed out the door with her wings flapping into the gentle summer’s breeze, for a second, Twilight thought she heard a “thank you” blown away by the wind. She smiled and shut her door to carry on with her own life.



---------


*knock, knock*


“HOLD ON!” a familiar voice shouted from the back if the library. It was none other than Twilight. She quickly trotted to the door while cursing the ponies behind it. Can’t they read? Honestly! She’d put up a sign “Under maintenance” is that not enough for ponies these days? Geez!

She opened the door while taking a breath, ready to teach somepony a lesson on reading. But before she could even react, she was greeted face-to-face by a very wide smile. A few seconds after she was tackled into another awkward hug. A long forgotten voice was loudly expressing their emotions, “OhmigoshOhmigoshOmigosh!!!! Twilight!!! It’s been sooooooooooooooo long! I'm so-so-so sorry I didn't write, I was busy what the Wonderbolts and all, and you know how I HATE writing stuff. Sweet Celestia I've missed you so much!”

It was none other then Twilight’s dear friend Rainbow Dash. While she was on the floor for the second time today, a yellow figure elegantly walked through the door. Spitfire. She looked a bit bare without her Wonderbolt costume, also she had combed her mohawk and was now looking quite classy.

As the awkward hug continued, she began to nuzzle Twilight’s neck and it made her feel a bit uncomfortable. “Umm… Rainbow…? Could you please, uh,” Rainbow Dash suddenly shot back and up to her feet, she was blushing a bit, “Oh! Uh, sorry Twi’ I get carried away sometimes, since… well ya’ know… I haven’t had a simple friendly communication in awhile…” Twilight could feel that Rainbow felt like an idiot inside. She kicked around some dust. “No harm done, Rainbow.” Twilight reassured her loyal friend.

There was some silence in between, it brought some tension to the both sides. Twilight spoke. “So… Fluttershy told me you were coming over… She also mentioned that you need a favor.” She looked back at the pair while slowly backing up to grab her half-emptied fourth cup of coffee.

“Yeah, about that, it’s a bit personal if you don’t mind.” Dash said while not making direct eye-contact. “Not at all!” Twilight abandoned her quest for coffee and trotted over to the door, closing and locking it whit her magic, as well as closing the curtains on her way there.
Then she returned to the table and with no further delay grabbed her cup and began to slowly sip it. Rainbow continued in her shaky, embarrassed voice. “Ya’ see… since we and Spitsy are married and all… and ya’ know I'm not the family type or anything… and umm well we were thinking and…well…”

“We wanna’ have kids.” Spitfire interrupted in her calm, sexy voice. Twilight spat out her coffee in a demonstrating manner.




“Well that was a nice way to just yell it out.” Dash looked at her mate with slight disappointment.

“It’s for your own good Dashie.” She smiled.

Twilight wiped her mouth off with her hoof and joined the conversation. “So, I’m guessing you need a spell from me?”

“If you have one…”

“Actually, now that you mentioned it…” she began running around the library with her horn glowing, “Back at Canterlot I remember that I studied some medicine and general health along with the average pony’s body. I found a good book and I KNOW I have one here, but the new damn librarian can’t even COUNT!” she went on one of her rants while she was running around. The two mares vaguely played attention.

“EURIKA! FOUND IT!” Twilight was suddenly beaming with joy. Why? Because she’s Twilight, why else? She began ravaging through the book and suddenly stopped. “Ok this might just be the spell that you two need.”

“Really? Are you sure? How does t work?” Dash seemed a tad worried while Spitfire still had that “cool” look on her face. Honestly did that mare even have emotions?

“Ok so it says here: Impregnation spell best for lone mares who would like a little ball of fur in her life. This spell can be easily cast if you have mastered the C class average magic and it will be almost all natural except that the will be almost no diversity between the mare and her child since there is no other DNA available to mix.” Hmm… sounds good, are you to up to it?” The two mares gazed into each other’s eyes, Spitfire gently placed her wing on Dash’s back while giving her a kind an supporting look. It was her choice.

“… I'm in, Spitsy.” Dash smiled.

“Thought so.” Spitfire gently laughed. Twilight continued

“I think you might need a place to crash for the night, since I heard the spell might work differently with two partners and furthermore…”




*BAM*




Something smashed into the front door. The three ponies looked at it in total confusion.
There was some kind of annoyed mumble behind the large oak door. Twilight opened it whit her magic, but only a small gap. Suddenly (again) in her eye was staring a big blue one, “Hiii-ya’ there!”

“Oh geez! Sweet Celestia!” Twilight jumped backwards a bit.

Once she got back on her hooves she poked her head outside to door still keeping the couple in the shadow, “Pinkie! Don’t scare me like that!” she was a tad angry but the pink pony didn’t seem to notice, “Scare you? Are you crazy Twi’? Why would I scare you?” she giggled, “Besides didn’t you hear me knock on the door? Actually I'm the one who should be apologized to I mean I ran straight INTO the damned thing, luckily my nose isn’t bleeding since I bumped into it so hard and Twi’ why are you keeping your door locked anyway, in the middle of the day! I guess you were studying but that doesn’t mean you should LOCK your door I mean c’mon Twi’! This IS a library and somepony could have gotten really hurt!”

Twilight stood there in the doorway for a quite some time, even her brain couldn’t decipher the pink pony’s babbling.

Twilight shook her head as she shook away some of her confusion. It had been awhile since she had spoken to Pinkie and her amazing physic-defying ways, “So umm Pinkie… you needed something?”

“Oh yeah, I forgot, I was looking for Dashie and Spitfire, have you happened to see them?” “Umm, not at all Pinkie.” Twilight put up an odd smile, she was never the best of liars. Pinkie on the other hand seemed to pay less attention than she usually does. She said with her voice and eyes drifting away somewhere, “Aww… too bad, I wanted to meet them before the party…” she began to turn around but suddenly became jumpy and her old self again when she saw a red stripe of a mane in between the door’s hinges.


Pinkie somehow managed to rocket her way past Twilight and tackle Rainbow on her way in. As that tackle turned into a hug, whit those two on the ground, Spitfire looking more confused than before, Twilight used the chance and opened the curtains letting some bright sunlight in on all of them.

“Heh Pinkie get off me!” Dash giggled “Ooof, you’re a lot heavier than I remember.” As they both got up, the gang, only now, noticed Pinkie’s expansive belly. Dash stuttered “Are… are you pregnant?” “Eeeeeeeeeeeeyup!” the pink pony exclaimed whit joy. “Then who’s the dad?” Twilight asked. “Oh I'm really sorry Twi’ but I pinkie-promised not to tell anypony.” The three looked at each other and nodded. “Alright Pinkie, a pinkie-promise is a pinkie-promise. You invented it, I guess you probably shouldn’t break it…” said Twilight.

“Hey Pinkie, I overheard you talking about some kind of party. What’s that about?” Dash cleared the silence. “Oooooooooh-my-gosh! You weren’t supposed to hear that!!!” she mildly freaked out. “It’s ok Pinkie, I’ll pretend that I didn’t hear that.” Dash closed her eyes and tilted her head back signaling, that she meant what she said whit all her heart.
Pinkie walked over to Twilight and dragged her aside a tad bit, “Twilight, would you be so kind to un-suspiciously get those two over to Sugarcube Corner at around 7:30? And you as well come to think of it…” She drifted away for a second.



---------



Later that day the three ponies were making their way to Sugarcube-Corner. The entire way Dash was babbling on about the Wonderbolts and “How fast do you think I can go?” etcetra, etcetra.
Only one sentence caught Twilight’s attention and ripped her mind away from over-thinking, about the spell she was preparing for her friend.

“… and then we sorta’ hooked up, ya’ know…” Dash dreamingly mentioned. “Wait, you and Spitfire?” Twilight turned to her friend and asked. “Yup’, Me and Spitsy.” Dash replied and huddled a bit closer to her mate.

“I'm really sorry, my mind drifted off somewhere.” Twilight pushed out a nervous chuckle, “Do you mind telling that again?” she smiled in hopes to hear ‘a good one’. “Sure I guess…” Dash looked at Spitfire and back at Twilight and began her tale.
“Ok, so remember back when we… sorta’ broke up? Everypony went their ways… Rarity got that BIG offer in Manehattan, and you asked that ageing spell for Spike so the two could be together? Yea’ a little while before Soarin showed up in PonyVille, I got a letter…”



{… Enter flashback mode …}
One morning, when I had just woken up, I walked over to a pile of letters at my front door. Back then I still lived in my old cloud home in the Rainbow District. So, I mostly didn’t give a damn about letters, because they were usually just bills, and with that thought I threw the pile on my kitchen table. After I finished my coffee I decided to look them through.
There was just a bunch of spam and, like I guessed, bills. But one letter stood out.

It was made from the Nancy’s Sugarcane, the BEST and most expensive paper in Equestria! It was sealed whit a big red mark, and next to the address was a symbol… a symbol that made me skyrocket!
It was none other than… [Epic drumroll] THE WONDERBOLTS!




The flashback faded while Dash was trying to not faint. As if had happened yesterday. While leaning on Spitfire and slowly pacing forward she continued.
“After I opened the letter, I packed my stuff in 10 seconds flat and bolted towards Cloudsdale. Later that very same day I showed off some of my awesome moves and instantly got accepted!” she took a breather.

“At dinner the next day, I got seated next to Spitfire and that very day Soarin gave his last speech.” Dash looked over to her mare-friend and Spitfire turned away.


“I remember it as if it was yesterday…
“Mares and Gentlecolts, since we are gathered here tonight I might as well present my announcement.” I remember so much confidence in his voice… And then he said, “After some time in thought I have made a decision to leave the Wonderbolts once and for all, for you see, I seek a more… peaceful lifestyle… But do not fear, for you will have a replacement, a strong and confident mare, much like me… except, I'm a guy…” everypony in the room giggled, “Rainbow, will you kind enough to take my place and not let the Wonderbolts down?” Then, I suddenly realized… EVERYPONY was looking at me… So, I stood up and: “As much as I dream to be the greatest Wonderbolt, I will never be able to replace you, for you are Soarin, and that says enough for itself.” He smiled and lifted his glass of champagne. And then suddenly, “Cheers for our newest Wonderbolt and a happy future for Soarin!” the rest shouted. … That was the best night of my life.” Dash finished and drifted into happy memories.



---------



The door creaked open and the light suddenly came on. A bunch of streamers shot out from… somewhere.


“SURPRISE!”


The three mares were greeted by the well known Party Cannon and a lot of familiar faces.
Spitfire scanned the crowd and after locking on a well-known face she shouted “SOARIN!” and bolted forward even faster that Rainbow Dash herself. Soarin stepped away from a little crib and greeted the yellow mare coming towards him. As Spitfire crashed into him knocking him down to the ground, much like Twilight was greeted twice already, Soarin gently said, “It’s been a while, huh sis’?”
While the two were getting up Dash and Twilight were crowded by four other ponies and a familiar alicorn-sized-dragon.


“Girls!” Twilight exclaimed while laughing over the undecipherable chattering. “It’s been so long…” she quietly added.

It indeed HAD been quite the time since everypony went their ways. Some have been closer than others, but they still have somehow stayed the best of friends despite distance…



As the greetings piped down into just a heartfelt stare-off, Pinkie decided it was getting too quiet.
“HIT IT!” she suddenly shouted and from the pantry emerged a familiar DJ. The white unicorn mare popped a record disc and suddenly some classical music started to play. “My bad!” she shouted while desperately rusting through a box of records.

“Oh for Celestia’s sake! Don’t tell me somepony took it!” She looked around until her eyes (behind a pair giant purple shades) met a small white unicorn in the corner along with a toothless alligator fighting over a record. “Don’t break it!!!”

The white unicorn also know as Vinyl Scratch jumped forward and pushed the two small creatures aside. “I should have left you with Octavia…” she quietly and quite sharply expressed.



“Vinyl! I thought you were in Canterlot?” Twilight said as she walked over to the DJ who was wiping baby-drool off her record, while a soft-rock one was already playing. “I was, but had to drop by for old time’s sake…” Twilight tilted her head. “OK, ok! I owed Pinkie one, and this was pretty much the best way I could repay her.” she said while swapping the records.

“Is that your filly?” Twilight curiously asked while pointing at the small white unicorn. It had an electric-red mane, just as spiky as Vinyl’s. She sighed. “Yes… One night stand… never again…” she lifted up her shades revealing her bright red eyes. They weren’t as cheery as usual.
“Octavia had a concert tonight so I had to bring Classic Bass along.”

“Classic Bass?” Twilight giggled.

Vinyl smiled “Yea’, she was born when me and Octavia were already sorta’ together. Couldn’t decide which side to pick, so we just went for both.” She giggled.

“Besides, I thought I’d catch your train tomorrow so those few hours would be spent whit at least somepony I know.” Vinyl smiled again.
“Sorry to disappoint you Vinyl, but I'm not going back…”

“It’s ok, I can wait a few days and…”

“No, I meant I'm NEVER going back.” Twilight sliced the conversation.


“Waddaya’ mean?” Vinyl asked in surprise.

“I came back to PonyVille for a reason Vinyl, I'm finally home… and I'm staying here from now on!” Twilight slammed her hoof on the ground. “But… thanks, for the offer… Vinyl…” and she walked away while the DJ accidentally dropped the bass.



---------



Twilight had a cup. A cup of punch. But the only thing that was bothering her about this punch was… How in Celestia’s name did you make punch orange?
She walked around with that random thought circling her mind.

Without paying any attention to her surrounding Twilight suddenly ran into a something that reminded her the new age roof paving’s… sharp and scaley.

“Spike!” she cried out in joy as she saw her now-not-so-little assistant. “Twily!” Spiked turned around and without warning hugged Twilight. “Spike, it’s been years! How’s my little assistant doing!?” she was almost shouting in excitement not noticing the fact that she was called by her baby-name: Twily.

“Better than you’d expect.” His voice was different. It was a lot more manlier… a lot more… un-spikey-wikey… It made Twilight wonder…
Was it right for her to ask Celestia for that special aging spell? Did she not screw something up? Was this meant to be?
“It hasn’t been that long you know… Remember the wedding two years ago?”
Twilight remembered… She remembered clearly.



“THIS is going to be the MOST fabulous day of my entire LIFE!” Rarity chirped. She was still admireing her wondrous white dress in the mirror, it took Sweetie Belle AND Applebloom just to be the veil carriers, since Scootaloo was the Ring Bearer.

“Ya’ll ready?” an orange mare poked her head through the door. “We’re about to gittit’ all goin’.” “Please, Applejack, don’t rush me!” Rarity replied in such a tone that sounded as if she was going to start whining again. “Well we can’t start without chya’, so ya’ better start moving.” Applejack mentioned before disappearing in the doorway.

“She’s right Rarity, we can’t keep them waiting for much longer.” Twilight who was standing right next to her best friend Rarity mentioned. “Ok, ok…” she sighed, “I'm just… just a bit worried…” She looked in Twilight eyes seeking advice. “Don’t think, just go for it! Your already here, there’s no point in turning back.” Twilight smiled.

“You’re right Twi’!” her confidence was back and boiling.

She walked over to the door and whispered “Thank you…” The door shut behind her.



Twilight giggled. “Of course I remember, we didn’t have all that many Double-Weddings back then.” Spike let out a small chuckle and looked Twilight I the eye. “I’ve missed you Twi’…”
“Me t-”
“Spiky! THERE you are! Until now I didn’t believe I could lose an alicorn sized dragon in a crowd of ponies.” Rarity giggled after she was done interrupting. After a romantic stare at Spike, Rarity turned to Twilight.

“Twilight!” without warning she pulled Twilight into a hug. “Mm, it’s been so long BFF…” she whispered.

Eventually, Rarity let her friend go and was smiling all across her face. “I’d missed you too Rarity… I’d missed you both, Canterlot is as boring as the mountain it’s built on…” they all quietly laughed. “So,” Twilight continued, “anything big happening in Ponyville?”
“As a matter of fact…” Spike looked down at his mate, “A little something, an addition…” he smiled, “AJ’s not the only one who’s been busy.”

Twilight was confused at first, but taking a careful look at her best friend she finally caught Spike’s drift. “A-Are you…?!”

“Indeed darling,” Rarity confirmed

“We. Are gonna’ be… parents…” Spike said with a relived sigh.





“I, uhh dduuuu… umm I… c-congrats… Congrats!” Twilight's brain had a quick reboot and she was back on track. She stepped forward and gave her friend another, but lighter, hug. “How far along are you?” Twilight asked out of curiosity.
“How much was it? Like, four?” Rarity looked up at her dragon-mate.

“Five.” He answered clearly. “Five it is then.” She turned back to Twilight. Spike gently placed his hand on Rarity’s back. Twilight hadn’t seen him like this since… ever… it was enlightening.



---------




Twilight was wandering around aimlessly again. She had already talked to Fluttershy and Big Macintosh and was indeed surprised that she had spilled the beans so quickly. Knowing Fluttershy she could have probably stowed the topic for a day or two. And Big Mac was… glad, to say the least.

“Twi’! There you are! Come ere’ for a sec, k?” Twilight was interrupted and almost dropped her punch that she was carrying around just for the laughs at this point. Somepony was calling her name. She looked around and saw Rainbow Dash waving.

“What’s up Rainbow?” Twilight lightly asked as she approached a group of ponies. “Ya’ gotta’ look at this!” Rainbow chirped and pointed down at a small crib, while balancing a plastic cup of the same, weird, orange punch. “Isn’t he just soooo adorable!?” Dash squealed. Twilight came closer and saw a small colt lying in a crib. His coat was in a shade of very light orange and his short mane was aqua blue. He opened his big green eyes and yawned while aimlessly flapping his tiny wings. Everypony standing in the approximate area just d’awwwwwed.


“AJ?” Twilight looked up. Applejack was resting on Soarin’s left side looking about the same as she always did. “Eyup, lil’ Sky Apple’s the name, and he’s my little game.” Applejack rhymed in an unsensible verse.

The orange farm pony hadn’t changed the slightest, and that’s the way Twilight had wanted it.

She looked at Soarin just for a second and it was no mystery that that was his little colt as well. On Soarin’s other side however, was leaning another familiar figure. Spitfire. The very moment Twilight looked at the two Spitfire stood up. She nuzzled Soarin’s neck and said “I’ll go grab punch big bro’, want some?”

“Nah, I'm good.” he replied.

It may have not been obvious at first, but Spitfire was actually Soarin’s little sister. After he had left the Wonderbolts Spitfire was seeking comfort, and she had found it in Rainbow Dash. And that’s how they met and eventually even got married… at least that’s how Twilight pictured it.

After Spitfire had dived into the crowd, dragging Rainbow along, Applejack looked at her spouse whit slight anger. Without uttering single word, Soarin got the picture. “She IS my sister you know…” he offered a confident smile while raising his eyebrows. Applejack grunted and slightly turned away. “Faain’.”

They eventually exchanged a nuzzle, but by that point Twilight had already dipped in the crowd and was gone from sight.


---------


They clinked their glasses together, after that wondrous toast, Twilight seemed a bit uneasy. Rarity noticed that. Everypony besides her and Fluttershy were a bit tipsy, though Fluttershy was just tired. “Twilight?” Rarity said as she walked over to her droopy friend, “What’s wrong deary?” “Oh, it’s just…” Twilight paused and let out a sigh “… nothing, nothing at all Rarity…” she kept looking down in her cup.

Rarity felt something was troubling her, was it something they said? She thought that it was best to leave her be, though before she walked away she gave her dear friend a light nuzzle and whispered, “I'm there if you need me…”

Twilight looked up in her eyes and smiled, it was a weak smile, but a smile non-the-less. Rarity walked away while tapping the only glass in the area while she was walking. Everypony turned to her,
“*ahem* Dear friends, it has been a wondrous gathering we had here tonight, but I really do think it’s time for all of us to go home to our OWN families. Though we should never forget that we are still in this together, no matter what…” She smiled and lifted her glass, everypony did the same.
They clinked their glasses and plastic punch cup's one last time and after they downed their drinks, the crowd began to slowly “pack up” as they say. It was a wondrous night, it really was… but all good things must end, though that doesn’t mean that they are forgotten…



---------

Twilight was exiting Sugarcube-Corner in a slow pace. Her mind was buzzing and her body was tired. She had told the Wonderbolt Couple that they can come around in a few hours since the two were still fairly awake. Then again, Twilight wasn’t all that tired ether…

Rarity, who was walking a slight distance before Twilight, slowed down., “Spiky, go ahead, I’ll catch up.”
Spike looked down at her mate, “You know how I feel about leaving you alone at this hour.” He gave Rarity a worried look. “Spike, I'm a full-grown mare, I think I can handle myself, thank you very much.” She smiled.

“Ok, but don’t take too long.” Spike eventually agreed and laid a gentle peck on Rarity’s soft and well groomed cheek.


Rarity slowed her pace until she was trotting right next to her dear friend. She began a conversation. “Are you feeling alright dear? Was it the punch? I told Pinkie to get the plain cherry one but she was all like “nooooo it’s supposed to special” bla-bla-bla.” Twilight looked up at her friend’s odd way of expressing herself. Right when Rarity hoped to see a smile or at least a giggle, Twilight however, just lowered her head once again.

“Twilight…” Rarity tried again, “I have known you for so many years now… and I can clearly see that something’s troubling you…”

The two had come to a complete stop. The dim streetlight was illuminating the plain stone paving of Ponyville’s centre. After a moment Twilight looked up. The wind was blowing and shadows were out playing. Twilight whispered, “Why am I so alone…?”

-------------------------------------------------------------
Major thank you to AzureKaRyu for editing this big mess