• Published 16th Sep 2016
  • 342 Views, 4 Comments

Forgive Me - Little Kaiser



Fluttershy's time had come, but she finds out that life wasn't done with her yet.

  • ...
 4
 342

Chapter 2

“Please Fluttershy, don’t leave us. I beg of you.” Twilight would not let go of her forehoof. She gripped it tighter every second. Tears soaked the soft, yellow fur.

“Let me go, Twilight. Get out of my sight.” Fluttershy pushed her aside, unwrapping the alicorn from herself.

The princess was taken aback. Never had she seen this. “How can you say that!? What's gotten into you, Shy?”

“It’s your fault!” she screamed. “I told you Twilight. You shouldn’t have changed Ponyville! Now look!”

Fluttershy stared into Twilight’s eyes. “You have destroyed my family!”

The princess backed away. She was hurt. Hurt by the hatred that she could see in those kind eyes she knew. “Shy… what's wrong? What did I do? Please, talk to me. Maybe I can help yo-”

“NO YOU CAN'T!”

Twilight froze. At this point, she knew that nothing else could be done. The element of kindness was no longer there in her.

“You're not going to see my face in Ponyville ever again.”

Fluttershy turned her back and headed towards the door, stopping just before she set her foot out of the crystal palace. She tried to utter her final words, but she felt as if something was stuck in her throat. As much as she tried, it wouldn’t budge, and all she could manage was a choke.

“Fluttershy. Please. Don't go.” Twilight tried again, one last time.

She could not lose. Not now, and not anymore. She forced the words out of her mouth.

“G-Goodbye, T-T-Twilight.”


“Where, am I?”

Fluttershy opened her eyes, expecting to see Bluesky waking her for breakfast. Or maybe one of her grandfoals, for another story. Or perhaps to show some newfound talents. After all, they did enjoy her praises; who wouldn’t have?

Yet all she saw was a starry field stretching for Celestia knows how far. She stood on gaseous clouds of pale green, but it didn’t feel like the ones back in Cloudsdale. No, it was firm, as if beneath that cotton-like appearance, there was solid ground. It does feel like ground. Of course it should: she fell asleep on her prized recliner. This should be the house’s floor.

“Bluesky dear, did Night Vision pull another prank on me?” Nopony responded. The silence prevailed. “Hello? Is anypony there?”

Fluttershy trotted forward, all the while scanning her surroundings. Judging by the criteria of the scene in front of her, it seemed she was in space. How could she have ever ended up here? As she thought, it seemed only logical that this was Night Vision's doing. “Nightly, please stop it. Grandma needs to get up now.”

“Oh dear.”

Fluttershy shrieked as she jumped. Behind her, stood a white alicorn with a mane whose colors ran through a pastel spectrum, lying limp and straight, much like Pinkie Pie’s when she was depressed and sad. Her expression was similar, conveying a sense of wistful concern.

“P-P-Princess Celestia?” she said. She quickly fell into a bow. The regal alicorn trotted forward to touch her chin, and raise her head from the worship.

“Do not bow to me here, Fluttershy. This is no place for such a thing ,” Celestia said. She wore no regalia or other decoration. “I did not believe that I would find one of you here. I guess I was wrong.”

“What do you mean, Princess? Is everything alright?” Fluttershy asked.

The alicorn sighed. “Do you know where you are, Fluttershy?”

Fluttershy looked around, dumbfounded at their location. She stated the most obvious answer that came to her mind, “ummm, Outer Space?” Celestia shook her head.

‘It could be someplace magical,’ she thought. “Am I… in a room in your castle?” Another shake of the head.

“Ummm, I think one of my grandfoals might've played a prank on me. He does that often.” Another shake of the head.

Celestia sighed. She was the one to have to tell her of her misfortune. “Fluttershy, you have passed away in your sleep.”

The pegasus' ears flattened, a frown clearly manifested on her face. Her gaze fell to the floor. Celestia awaited the denial, wailing and crying that usually followed along with such a horrifying revelation, but Fluttershy seemed to just stare, her mane covering her visage. “I… I see,” she said.

“I'm terribly sorry.”

“No, don't be. I knew it was bound to happen soon, anyways. I was getting rather old. It’s been past my time.”

Celestia moved closer to Fluttershy and sat besides her. She gestured for the pegasus to do the same, giving her a small smile as she complied. “You are a strong mare, Fluttershy. Not all souls I’ve met had accepted their passing.”

“So, what happens next? Is this where I will stay, forever?”

“The Meadows of Eternity is where you belong. Many wonders await you, dear Fluttershy,” Celestia said. The sound of that place being mentioned brought joy to Fluttershy. She could already feel the silky breeze running past her fur, and the sweet smell of milk and honey. She could hear streams flowing through green pastures that span as far as the eyes could see.

But Celestia turned her attention away from the mare. “However, that will have to wait.”

Fluttershy felt all her fur standing on end. ‘That will have to wait? Am I going to-’

“No, you are not going to Tartarus. And yes, I can hear your thoughts here.” Fluttershy simply nodded, blushing from the invasion of privacy. “Souls that pass away do not end up here. They go to the Meadows of Eternity. Yet here you are, stranded in the Plain of Stars. That only means one thing.” Fluttershy waited for her answer, but it didn't come.

“What does it mean, Princess?”

Celestia once again turned her attention to the pegasus. “Fluttershy, you have ties that bind you to the Earth. You shall not enter the Meadows with this bind. You must therefore return to the Earth and be rid of it, only then will you be able to enter the gates of the Meadows,” she said.

“Return to Earth?” the pegasus asked. Celestia nodded. “But where should I go? What should I do?” asked the pegasus.

“I do not know. However, I am sure the answer will come to you in time. The ties break when one fulfils one's desires. Follow your heart as it leads you to it.”

A blinding flash engulfed their vision. The clouds beneath them glowed brightly. “Your time here isn't long. Prepare yourself for whatever reality you might have to face. Even if you have to dig your way out of your grave.” The pegasus gulped. She dared not wonder what that meant, but she had better be prepared. “I wish you luck, Fluttershy.”

The clouds flashed for a last time, consuming her vision in blinding lights. She felt a strong tug as she was pulled down into it. The pegasus flailed her hooves and flapped her wings, trying hard to get a hold on to something and break her fall. She felt as if she was falling from Cloudsdale again. “Somepony help!!!” she screamed as she descended faster and faster. The darkness below neared more and more, until she couldn’t see anything anymore. She closed her eyes, awaiting for an impact.

Then she opened her eyes.

Comments ( 2 )

Does Discord appear in this story?

7680983 Hi, I didn't plan for Discord's appearance, but since the story is Incomplete, anything can change.

Stay tuned!

Login or register to comment