• Published 20th May 2012
  • 10,651 Views, 370 Comments

My Little Staring Contest: Alicorns can stare for a very long time - CosmicAfro



Luna and Celestia stare at each other in a contest for a muffin

  • ...
22
 370
 10,651

128 minutes, 54 seconds

128 minutes, 54 seconds

The sun was now at a reasonable height in the sky and it had risen just as much as the audience’s numbers had dwindled. Only the sternest and most invested ponies dared to stay in the remote silence of the hall.

Luna, as always, was bobbing her head and listening to music. She, nor her sister, had said a word.

Celestia’s eyes had fully reddened. She took comfort in the fact that her sister was suffering the same fate. A rim of water was forming under each eye. She desperately wanted to blink it out, it was bothering her to no end, but this had become more than just a silly contest. It was for will power… who would survive the longest? Was it the sun, the object that glowed passionately all days of the week only to set over an imaginary line called the horizon?

Or, was it the moon? Even though it produced no light of its own, it could reflect all light and give its own luminescent glow. It did not run on fuel, it was willing to shine as long as the sun was. Truly, the match was even.

She thought of speaking… but moving her mouth might cause an involuntary twitch. Celestia waited…