• Published 6th Jun 2015
  • 481 Views, 23 Comments

Always there for you - Rising Shine



Ice Cream has a normal life. But soon, a lot will happen, starting with the birth of her sister Vanilla Cream. But will it end all good?

  • ...
1
 23
 481

Chapter 3: The moment you need somepony at most ...

23 years later

"Ice? We need to talk." Ice looks up to her boss. "What is it?"

"Your losing fun in it. More and more. The others making more and more a better job, Ice. Even the mare, who is here for a week to practice get's better ideas and results. I know, your little sister, but that's over 20 years ago, you can't stay here if you keep thinking about her." She rolls her eyes. "And that means?"

"It wasn't easy, but I gave you a chance to proof already your still into it months ago, but you didn't got better, even worser. Sorry to tell, but your fired." Her eyes widen in shock. "No! Please, just one last chance, I have nothing to earn bits if you fire me, please!"

"I'm sorry but you got enough chances already. Pack your things, you will get your bits for the month as usual, but then you have to find a new job." He walks out of the room, barely manage to avoid a book that she throw to him. "You can't do that to me! I have nothing! Gear leaved me years ago! My appartment is just some food and a bed! I need bits to survive, ARGHHH!"

Ice throws the desk away and kicks the ice machine, before running out, tears in her eyes. She doesn't care anymore, kicking everypony in her way to the side and run out of the building.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ice looks to the mail she received, after she reach her appartment. She sits in a corner of her bedroom, more tears running down her cheeks.

Dear Cream,

We didn't received the rent for 2 months now. You came always, you will pay but we get the feeling you can't pay it and lie to us on purpose. If we won't receive alltogether 430 bits in the next 5 days, you immediately have to leave the appartment. If you know you can't pay it until then, tell us and leave the appartment in a good state.

Your "Pony-Livings"-Company in Manehattan.

She rips the letter into pieces and throws it away, glaring to the wall. "First my parents die! Then robbery! Then our house burns down! Then my sis dies! Then I got beaten up! Then Gear leaved me! Thenn I got fired today and now bucking this?!"

She takes the picture with her and Vanilla and throws it against a wall, the glass breaking. "YOU TOLD ME TO BE ALWAYS THERE FOR ME!"

She punch her hoof against the wall, hate and sorrow running trough her head. Tears falling down from her cheeks. "I'm so done with those horseapples ..."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ice looks up to the building, she and Vanilla where once in the past.

"Weren't those 3 weeks not the best in your life? Like that big building in Manehattan, we were on it."

"Yeah, that was awesome! I swear, I saw our little village in the distance!" She grins wide and Ice ruffles her mane. "Indeed, it was. I'm glad you enjoyed the weeks. Afterall, what happened, I tought, something like that would cheer us up."

"It did, thank you sis." Vanilla hugs her and Ice hugs her back, sighing silently. "No problem."

She feels a tear running down her cheek by the memory, before entering the building for another time ... and last time.

She walks up the stairs, one by one, until she reaches the hoof and opens the door. The cold air from the height wishes over her body, her mane and tail shaking in all directions from the wind. "Time to end this ... huh?"

She takes a step on the edge, 50 floors from the ground away. She notices guards and ponies, probably trying to calm her down. "Who could know what I going to do? Whatever ..."

She takes her other forehoof on the edge, feeling sick beeing so high. She closes her eyes. "Good bye, you rotten world .."

And with a swung forward, she made her decision. She feels free, no ground anymore, preparing to fall, but something pulls her back, biting on her tail and with another swung she suddenly lies on the roof again. "Don't ..."

Ice turns around, seeing a mare. She has a coat on with a hood over her head, making it hard to see her actual face. "Why does a mare care for me. I'm worthless, my destiny is jumping down from here."

"I want to help you. I ... noticed you today outside, you seem to be in a horrible mental state. I really want to help ..." Ice looks away. "There is nothing to help with. Let me jump ..."

"No. Mayby it's true and nopony cares, but I got trough enough already. I uh ... want a restart with my ... life. And I want to help you. I can help you. We can work together making this a good life. Believe me." Something in her voice seems ... trustful.

"What I got to lose ..." The mare nods. "Thank you. It means a lot. Let's get to my home, you should eat something. My name is ... Hope."

"Ice Cream ... let's go already, before I change my mind again ..."