• Published 31st May 2015
  • 345 Views, 4 Comments

Terror, Madness, and The Metamorphosis - Rudefeline



Every beginning has its own flavor and virtue. What you gaze upon here is bloodbaked and crumbling. Applejack, Rarity both living to move and moving to live.

  • ...
 4
 345

3. "Suffer Unto Me"

The voice distorted and twisted wickedly through the speaker. It’s growlings echoed across the vacants hills around him. Calling him closer, the voice grew in volume steadily. He returned his swirling head to the vehicle.

He turned the ignition finally understanding the gravitas of the situation. The car cranked to life, the motor roared drowning any other sound. He put pedal to the medal and the vehicle pushed with great force forward. A great puff of smoke was all he left behind.

The tires treaded over waxy tufts of green leaves. Crushing their way through the yellow gravel below. The engine screeched and shook, and revolution after revolution the chaos grew in intensity. He looked to the engine's temp. meter, rising. He rubbed the wheel nervously, but soon found strength. He spotted something valuable in the mirror.

In the hazy distance, a rockpile earned a haven for the man. He pushed the vehicle harder. Almost deafening was the clunking scream, but his demeanor was strangely calm. The vibration numbed the body. He reached for his rearview slowly and turned it to suit him. It was set for someone taller before him.

He stole his eyes away from the gravel to the glove compartment. He pulled its' latch and a pistol fell to the cabin’s floor. He returned his eyes to the road and leaned down to pick it up.

“Got ‘im, wait… wait, no, I got ‘im.” the pony sat eyes fixed through a pair of binoculars.

“Who?” a vicious rasp echoed in the gloomy car’s cabin.

“Ah, he’s in a black muscle car, o’ some sort.” his wrinklies grew stressed looking through the glass. The car hazily hid itself behind a red rock “Thinks ‘e can get away,” he removed his eyes and rubbed them.

“Keep your eyes peeled, friend.” the dangerous rasp attempted a gentle tone.

He nodded and he re-engaged the binoculars.

Tubes ran gasoline around the bundles of engines. The mix and matched bricks found each other in strange, but brilliant ways. Carpony managed his beast by swinging his instruments around the burning fenders and front ends of the behemoth. He fine-tuned his creation for hours on end before it even left the lot, and even when it was on the road he would never be done. His purpose was simple. He mounted his seat content at the state of his creation at that very moment.

A few other cars followed the machine. A rotting ape skull was mounted on the grill of one of following cars. A mounted weapon jutted crudely out of the dash of “Frankenstein” and it scanned the drive ahead “There’s the rock ‘e ducked behind.”

The hulking vehicle came to a skidding stop. The vehicle rolled around the rock “Where is ‘e?” he whispered down to the driver. The two watched plumes of steam rise from the hood of the car ahead “Pull around.” said the older accented stallion. The car rattled and rocked a bit as it turned. He aimed the mounted machine gun to the insides of the vehicle. Leather upholstery gored, spilling yellowish sponge-like foam.

BANG
Before the gun could twitch to the man, the top half of Carpony’s skull floated to the ground like a leaf. A gas line sprayed diesel, inundating the mounted weapon. The stallion fired the weapon a grand total of four times past the man’s leather shoulder before it caught flame. He smacked at it in a panic and the receiver popped open.

The man ducked behind the vehicle and took another shot this time at the engine block and the demented driver. The driver turned it’s head and the cords attached to its' mug fell to the way side.

The man peeked under the vehicle and spotted the entire envoy. He picked himself up hurled his gun over the rock. He turned on his heel and looked up to the hulking Frankenstein. The old stallion’s gun pointed down at him, ready to cut him in half in an instant. He raised his hands just above his shoulders.

“Encircle our foe!” a voice screeched through the speaker on the Frankenstein.

Motors roared just behind his head and closed in next to him, he could feel the sand the wheels kicked up falling into his boot. He stood still as a statue. A dumb grunting and screeching of an animal drew to the forefront of his perception and the breath in his lungs was expelled by the tackle into his side.

The ape turned the man over and wrapped his dirty, dry, and chipped hands around the man’s throat. Seizing his breath and slamming his helmeted head against a hard mound of sand. He felt the helmet crack. Flecks of yellowish red drool sprayed across his helmet’s shaded shield.

“CEASE!” the voice screeched at a deafening volume.

The ape covered his ears and fell back onto the man’s legs, crying to the heavens in deep mental anguish. The man tried to crawl out from under the beast, but the weight was too great. A pony clipped a chain around the ape’s collar and clipped it to a vehicle, the ape did not seem to register.

“Get the beast off of him!” the driver commanded.

The car tugged at the ape and the collar dragged him back, choking the hysterical ape. The vehicle's surrounding him backed away a few feet and cleared enough room for the Frankenstein’s opening. The side door of the opened hulk, a wire unplugged and the speaker looped feedback.

The driver glided to the ground nearly falling. It carried around a cape of wires and had mouth full of strange bone-like spikes. A black cord was rigged to the roof of it’s mouth. It had painted metal armor that beset it’s white equine sides. On the armor there was series of runes. Lines that swirled between what he could guess to be phrase or sentences.

It had both wing and a horn. The horn was pointed and looked menacing atop the tall alicorn. The alicorn’s only expression was a twisted unmovable smile. She couldn’t help but smile. The teeth demanded “Now,” it said softly “mount it!”

“Mount it?” a beige armored mare screamed atop one of the cars “He killed Car!”

“Yes, sister!” the driver turned over her shoulder “He got it easy, this excrement will be our fodder,” it turned to face the mare head on “You can do the honor of ramming his weak body into a rock, but the Aexon Brigade could us a few more corpses on their conscious.” all the others of the pack laughed “Mount up!” the driver flapped her wings and ascended into her seat.

The pack picked him up and hoisted him merrily over their heads, he panicked shook around in their hold. The beige mare screamed in savage joy and helped them secure him to a post on the front bumper of her dusty ride. She took his leather jacket and flung it to the ground, she ripped his helmet off and threw to the wind. A greasy bundle of brown fell over his eyes and he quivered. His chest had several horrid long scars. She cut his chest and hopped through her dash into the front of the vehicle and manipulated the vehicle.

The car’s motor came to life and he tossed his sweaty mop up over and screamed.

The dust settled and the whole of the pack was gone.

Gunshots echoed somewhere far away and slowly, rain began to fall.

Author's Note:

I like this story, just gotta write it. Also, any criticism, drop it below.