• Published 31st May 2015
  • 345 Views, 4 Comments

Terror, Madness, and The Metamorphosis - Rudefeline



Every beginning has its own flavor and virtue. What you gaze upon here is bloodbaked and crumbling. Applejack, Rarity both living to move and moving to live.

  • ...
 4
 345

1. "Law of the Lands"

The engine of the carrier just barely turning over as the panicked Applejack stomped the accelerator. The jerk of the vehicle revving up and its forward dash sent rarity into the railing of the rig’s second floor. A few refugees violently mimicked the white mare.

“Easy down there!” Rarity cried down from above the goggled gaze of Applejack. The checking of both mirrors gave no sight of the pursuers.

“Bigger fish to fry Rarity!” her voice croaking in pain up to Rarity. The road barely outlined in the sand, gave a few hard bumps kicking up sand through the broken windshield crashing deep into her nose. Applejack jolted in pain blowing hard through her nose to remove the particulate from the angry snout. The rig slammed to the right with the sound of metal crashing dominated the air. She forced her way back onto the road. She looked into the driver's side mirror seeing “The Muscle” pull up on the side of the eighteen wheeler. A few ponies messed about in the convertible muscle car. A pony in the back of the car gave a few tugs of cord before he was propelled into the air by a spark-pack.

“Buck” AJ muttered to herself. The spark-pack kept two high-octane fires lit below. He angled himself down towards the tires bellowing “Fuck with us you get burned!” A fire lit at his muzzle spitting onto the tires. In a rage of fire and rubber, a tire was destroyed.

The scorching smell of rubber invaded the ad-hocked stolen carrier rig, it’s side lined with imagery of reapers and skulls. Sand blew hard at every turn digging hard into Rarity's greased bun of hair. She kept a few small foals covered with her own body. They cried and yelled at every bump.

Applejack kept the pedal to the metal as she ran the truck smoothly along the road. As the sand of the road swiftly became rock creating rougher bumps. Steering control deteriorating becoming unruly checking the rear-view through dirty goggles seeing “The Muscle” barely able to keep up the driver and company yelled ahead to spark-packer who ceased fire. He furiously shook his head. They screamed for him and he strengthened himself for what he was about to do. He raced ahead of the eighteen wheeler he looked into AJ’s eyes and she peered into his, then she shook her head. He closed his eyes and swiftly shifted his body into the wheels of the big rig.

Applejack just barely saw the stallion turn into a red mist and goop followed by an explosion under the tires she felt the pop give way to even less steering control. She saw the speed decreasing fast and in few seconds she would not be able to steer and it would roll to a stop. She couldn't let that happen she steered off the road. She heard the screams, the pain that they would endure, and how much worse her own would be. She knew death was the only mercy in this world.

Her world and many others aboard shifted along with gravity. As the 2 story behemoth jarred off the road, Rarity lit her horn and tried to get a grip on the truck. The screams of horror as some ponies flew off through guard railing to fall. Rarity used all of her will to grab not only the truck but the falling refugees as well.

Reality shifted AJ saw through teary eyes, the stars, the constellations, the whole fucking thing, and all of it through the dash of her truck. There was no gravity, no time, and no breath. Swiftly that vision was ripped away and replaced with strange red sand coming towards her shifting into the looming clouds above. The big rig fell sideways onto foreign, red sand. Smashing AJ hard into the driver’s side window in a spray of glass and sand. The world was eaten into darkness.

The oppressive rays of the morning sun wore on the groggy young mare as she lay in bed. She did not sleep well. The beating of her kept her glued to sheets of the bed.

Her nose just caught a whiff of pancakes, that stopped her from falling back asleep.

“Fine,” Applejack said rising a little too fast to her hooves. Hopping off the bed and making her way down the rickety old steps downstairs, head pounding like a drum.

She took her seat at the dining table walking past Granny Smith.

“You up late again?” Granny Smith asked as she flipped a pancake.

“Yep,” AJ barely muttered out “Paying for it too.”

“You oughta cut that out,” Granny picking up a few pancakes placing them onto a plate talking all the while in her old sweet southern twang “you’re gonna have to start making pancakes and cooking for, Lil Apple Bloom,” she paused, a plate in hoof “I’m not going to be able to take of you youngin’s forever.” she said in a somber tone placing the pancakes in front the orange mare.

“Ah know, Ah know,” AJ said flatly looking out the closest window, then directing the gaze back to Granny Smith she continued “well it’s hard being forced into this life just because you’re part of the family.”


“My whole life the only people I’ve ever been able to trust is my family,” Granny paused “remember you’re cousin, Cherry? Up in Appaloosa?”

“Yeah, she the one who got snake oiled?” Applejack pressed further.

“mm'hmm that dirty, conniving, feather-head killed her with that blasted cure-all, and what for?” Granny questioned in anger.

“Why Granny?” AJ responded

“Only for few bits.” Granny sighed planting her tired bones into her rocking chair.

Applejack went back to staring out the window just in time to see a friend enter the farm's front gate.

``
The gleam of the midday sun shined through the dash onto AJ’s closed eyes. Red sand covered her body. She ached all over. Her tongue was bleeding into and drooling out of her mouth. She kept her eyes firmly shut. Her ears perked at the sound of a vehicle. It was close, a few voices screamed over its engine.

“Lucky, Lucky!” The almost cartoony figure of a howler monkey hollered unto his hoard. The monkey wore a rough breastplate of leather screwed deep into his own flesh never the less he always had the same maniacal smile planted on his face. The hoard echoed his screams jumping around the rough frame of the dusty tow truck. It wore many painted Kanji, ones of self-proclaimed honor. Plow mounted on the front to protect the engine block. The armored monkey climbed to the drivers side pointing for the driver to Rarity
.
“See the horned one!” The monkey talked loudly over the roar of the truck. Hitting the truck's door truck two times in excitement climbing back atop the rejoining his hoard.

Rarity moved the raggy refugees bony frames back into the sideways doors of the big rig. She herself felt the heat that big hulking piece a metal trapped. She felt bad for them but more pressing matters needed attending to she thought, as she turned the to see the dusty outline of the junker approaching. Rarity attempted to steel her demeanor before being interrupted by the shuffle of sand behind her, accompanied with labored breaths. Turning back around limping along the side of the big rig the orange mare looking like hell her snout facing towards the ground, dripping blood down on the sand creating a deep red trail behind her. Her breath loud choking out.

“Dear!” Rarity picked up AJ’s head with her hoof. Rarity's eyes scanned her bloody countenance. Teeth misshapen stretching, sticking outside of her mouth onto her upper lip.

“Face us!” a howl raged through the air. The horn of the truck blared as it skidded, kicking sand up into the dry air.