• Published 3rd Jun 2015
  • 744 Views, 12 Comments

It's a Whole New World We Live In - Aku



Due to a series of completely avoidable circumstances, Sunset Shimmer and Adagio Dazzle have found themselves stranded in the Johto region. Can the two enemies put aside their differences and survive in this strange new land? Probably.

  • ...
3
 12
 744

The Musicians Melancholic Musings and The Setting Suns Conviction.

Adagio absentmindedly tapped her foot as she waited for Sunset to explain their predicament to the self-labeled 'professor'. She knew she should be paying attention, should maybe be helping explain how and why they ended up here. Not that she knew for certain, mind you, but she had a decent idea as to why they were not in Equestria right now, with her being locked in some dungeon. She knew she should listen as the man known as Elm explained how his world worked, and how it was full of creatures like the one that had nearly killed her earlier.

But she couldn't. Because one thought kept running through her head, over and over again like a broken record on Sonata's gramophone.

'It happened again, only this time, I'm alone.'

She was trapped in this world, forced out of the last one by some cruel twist of fate. Fate, and Sunsets' clumsiness. She was alone too, or as good as. Sunset would probably ditch her the first chance she got, she had no real reason to stay with Adagio like Sonata and Aria did. No, this time she was in a strange new world with no one but her self to rely on. At least she got to stay in the same form as last time, she couldn't imagine having to get used to using a brand new body, again.

Sonata, Aria, will you two even miss me? It was a somber thought, but one that wormed it's way into Adagio's head. She knew of Aria's dreams of being in charge, she would seize her disappearance like a lion does it's prey, and relish in the fact that she was in control. Sonata, on the other hand, would most likely celebrate the fact that, with Adagio gone, she would no longer follow her rules. But how long would they enjoy her disappearance? A few days? A week? . . . Forever?

She wasn't blind to her faults. She was aggressive, stubborn and unwilling to listen to others contributions when she was sure of herself, which was nearly all the time. She liked to be in charge a little to much and was unwilling to admit when she was wrong. Which led to more than a few arguments. She also knew she came off as rather distant and gave the impression that she couldn't care less for her fellows, that the only reason she kept them around was so that she could have someone to boss around.

But she cared. She cared about her fellow sirens, enough to take on a janitorial job at the school to earn a little extra money when the money began to get tight, so that they could still afford the few commodities they had to distract them from their rather depressing situation. She cared enough to set ground rules and enforce them, to be the adult in the situation. Did she mess up some times? Sure. But no one was perfect, not even her. No matter what Aria thought, she did not claim to be perfect. Close, but not quiet.

It hurt to think that those two might actually be celebrating her disappearance.

". . . dagio. Adagio!" Sunsets voice snapped Adagio out of her depressing thoughts. It appeared as though Elm and Sunset had reached some kind of agreement whilst Adagio had been distracted by her thoughts. The older man was currently rummaging through a few papers whilst balancing a large cardboard box in his left hand whilst Sunset looked rather pleased with herself, though it was also mixed with irritation at Adagio.

"What?" Adagio snapped.

"Well someone's in a bad mood." Sunset rolled her eye's, "Anyway, I managed to convince Professor Elm to help us while you were in lala land."

"And how'd you manage that? Through the magic of friendship?"

Sunset scowled at the siren before answering, "No. I told him the truth. Apparently what happened to us isn't that strange."

"Really?" Adagio asked, a hint of hope in her voice, mixed with desperation, "Does he know a way we can get back?"

Sunset's face softened. Sure she didn't like Adagio, maybe even hated the girl, but at that moment she felt sorry for her. She hadn't wanted to go through the portal, probably hadn't even known it existed, and here she was stuck in a strange new world with her enemy. "No." Sunset shook her head sadly, leaning back in her seat. "The cases he's heard of mostly deal with time travelers, and people created by some kind of weird magic. But he's heard rumors of a Pokémon, creatures like that rock monster that chased us, that has the ability to influence reality that could possible send us home, but he says that it's extremely rare."

And just like that Adagio's hopes plummeted. "So there is no hope."

"That's not true." Sunset said, shacking her head. Her eye's burned with conviction. "There is always hope. I know my friends will find a way to bring me home, and if they can not, well, I'll find a way! I'll find that Pokémon and convince it to take us back!" Sunset was standing by the end of her little speech, Adagio half expected a flag to appear behind her as she spoke and billow in some unseen wind.

"Us?" Adagio asked in surprise.

Sunset looked at her and smiled. "Of course. What, did you expect me to leave you behind?" Sunset laughed lightly at the thought. "I'm not like that, Adagio. Besides," Sunset smirked, "Without you who knows how long Aria and Sonata would last without you?"

Adagio laughed a little. "You're right. I have to get back to keep those two idiots alive." She smirked, "And I doubt you'll be able to survive here without me anyway. I've seen how clumsy you are." Adagio stood from her chair, ignored Sunsets protest at being called 'clumsy', and stretched her arms. "I guess this means were stuck with each other for a while."

"I guess so." Sunset agreed curtly, miffed at being called clumsy.

Adagio extended her hand, ready to shake hands with her enemy and solidify what was likely to be a shaky and most definitely temporary truce, when she was bowled over by a little blue alligator with bright red spines on it's back and tail.

Author's Note:

Chapters after this will be much longer, I promise!

Thank you Lucky Star 33094 for editing!

Comments ( 3 )

I hope it's just haitus...
I also hope that this will not reqire a lot of knowledge about pokemon universe.

I hope Sunset gets either Pikachu or Cyndaquil
Also. Theme Song!

I hope you continue this someday

Login or register to comment