• Published 28th May 2015
  • 604 Views, 5 Comments

Lost Twins - PhoelynFabulous



Everyone always thought Celestia, Luna, Cadence and Twilight were the only alicorns. They didn't know about the twins. Their hiding spot was working.

  • ...
3
 5
 604

I'm Done Hiding

Author's Note:

So, this is my second story! The first chapter of it that is. I hope you all enjoy!

The alicorn returned from a section in the cave where there was enough sunlight and space to grow two apple trees underground. She entered another, and another, until she reached the location of her sister. She lay on the stone floor, away from any holes where sunlight could get through, in fear somepony would find them. "Are you okay, Sizzle?" she asked. Sizzling Ember was an orange and white alicorn, just like her twin sister, except her hair was shorter, so in case they chose to leave, ponies would be able to tell them apart. Though they were sure they would be able to tell them apart anyway. With scars in different places, and the fact that Sizzle's left wing was shattered to pieces, they were sure ponies would be able to tell the difference, unless they had healing magic strong enough to fix their wounds and broken wing.

"There is no such thing as 'okay', Shimmer." Sizzle responded to her younger sister, Shimmering Ember,"But i'll say 'yes' for now."

"Good, you passed the test again. No such thing as okay with our issue here." Shimmer responded, holding up an apple she had picked off of one of the trees. "Here, have some lunch."

"Thanks." said Sizzle, as Shimmer stepped on the apple and crushed it. She then picked it up with her magic, and gave it to Sizzle. They wouldn't eat an apple normally. For them, crushing it then eating it was better. Shimmer took a deep breath while Sizzle ate her apple. She was about to make Sizzle very mad, or confused, or something.

"Sizzle, I can't hide like this anymore. We need to go."

Sizzle almost spat out the apple in her mouth with surprise. Her eyes had widened in shock. She chewed a little bit more of her apple, swallowed, and yelled "What?!"

"We just can't stay. There hasn't been a trigger on my magic telling me that something was nearby for however-many-years-we've-been-here. There is no way that the war is still happening. We need to leave this silly hiding spot before we go insane."
Sizzle still seemed surprised. She barely moved.

"I... but... Shimmer... my wing... your scar!"
"I know Sizzle. But maybe somepony out there will help us. Maybe they even have strong enough magic to fix your wing! And my scar!"

Shimmer had two terrible scars that showed what they had done to get down there, along with Sizzle's wing. They had fallen through the ground, and fell an incredibly long way down into the cave they were now hiding in. Sizzle's wing had been crushed by the largest boulder from the hole they made and fell down. Shimmer's magic wasn't quite strong enough to lift the boulder off, so they waited about ten years before Shimmer had the strength to lift the boulder. They were both five years old when they had fallen, and Shimmer had to turn fifteen to lift the rock. Shimmer's scars were gained when she cut herself on two sharp rocks as they fell, one of them nearly killing her. One cut was a long gash on her cheek, not quite deep enough to see the inside of her mouth. The second was on her chest, a cut that nearly sliced her heart. They normally only mention one scar if they talk about it. The one that could have killed Shimmer.

"There is no way that there is somepony who can fix my wing. Maybe your scar, but never my wing."

"Well, at the very least they can put it in a healthy position and get a cast for it."

Sizzle still seemed scared about the idea to leave their hiding spot. It had been where they lived for almost their entire lives. Five years at their home, then they watched it get destroyed and burned with their parents still inside it, then they had no idea how long it was, but they have been sitting in a cave ever since.

Sizzle sighed. "We can stay in here just a bit longer. I... I just don't feel safe out there. I may never feel safe out there."

"But it must be safe! We've waited for who-knows-how-long just to ask eachother if we should leave, then have you say 'No, let's stay for another who-knows-how-many-years!' I just can't stay in here like this anymore!" Shimmer yelled angrily. She took a deep breath, and said,"I'm sorry. This just shows you how much we need to go. We're going to go crazy down here. I... if you don't want to go right now... then i'll go take a peek outside and see if everything's alright. You can't follow me without my magic anyway, with your broken wing you won't be able to fly up there. Please, just let me look." When Shimmer finished speaking, she left the section of the cave they called 'Sizzle's Bedroom', and went to find the length of cave they fell into a long, long time ago.

"No, wait! Don't leave yet, Shimmer! Shimmer!" Sizzle called after her, but Sizzle barely walked so she could recover. She almost never left her room, and when she did, she wasn't very good at remembering where things were, especially since they were in a big, maze-like cave. So, she only managed to walk out the 'doorway', before sighing and going back into her room, muttering "I hope she doesn't get hurt. Please, please don't hurt yourself Shimmer."