• Published 24th May 2015
  • 236 Views, 3 Comments

Love Is Forever - Joelo6996



When Nightfall Summit gets caught cheating on his special somepony his life quick turns from heaven to hell.

  • ...
8
 3
 236

Chapter One: The Beginning

Most ponys that knew Nightfall probably saw him as one of the nicest stallion they ever met. He was not a very social pony but once you know him you understand that he is really good friend. He always stood up for those close to him and you could always feel safe around him. He grew up in a forest in the western Equestria with his mom. He never knew his dad but that was probably for the best anyway. His mum, that also was an unicorn, said he was total crap. Nightfall's mon died when he was young and he had to take care of himself.

Life was hard without a mother but living alone made Nighfall realise something. He loved the nature and adventures. That was even how he got his cutiemark, a sword. When he grew older he started study magic and he has learned many spell and become a quite skilled unicorn in terms of magic.

Later in his life he moved to Ponyville. He loved the life in the forest but he rarely met anypony there. He bought a small cottage a bit outside Ponyville and he liked the change of environment and he soon got a few friends. Those who probably stood closest the him then was Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy and Octavia. He had tried to meet other stallions but it often ended in fights. Nighfall was really, and I mean really stubborn and he often got in huge trubbel for that. Life for him was pretty decent. Twilight helped him improve his magic, he and Flutttershy could always just take it chill and be with the animals and from time to time he helped Applejack on the farm. But his other good friend, Octavia, was different. They hanged out as often as possibly and they did alot of stuff together. They went to "Suger Cube Corner" at least once a week to just eat and well, just talk. Nighfall had grown feelings for her. Deep inside he thougt that she felt the same but he never asked her out.

But that time was over. He and Octavia hardly met anymore, mainly cause he had met Blue Light. She was a pegasus from Cloudsdale. They had met when Nighfall was out hiking in the mountains and they soon fell in love. They shared the same interests like magic ( in her case austronomy ) and being on advenures. Blue was also a student of princess Luna, so she learned him alot of usefull things. They even shared the same color theme, white and blue. They moved into Nighfalls cottage and had a wonderful realationship for many years. But one cold day autumn, everything changed.

Nightfall woked up in his bed at home. With his eyes still closed he streched out his hooves to give a little hug to his loved one but instead of touching his dear Blue he found only empty space. He carefully opened his eyes. He looked around his bedroom. It was not anything to brag about just a big bed, a wardrobe and a small mirror. Nightfall did have plans on rebuild the bedroom ever since he and Blue started living together but he never had any time, or he simply just didn't want to. After laying in bed for a while he jumped up and went into the kitchen. It was friday and the unicorn was free from his work at the libary today so he could take it easy. He was hungry and opened the fridge and with a little help of magic a plate with yesterday's hay-sandwich hovered out and landed on the table. He sat down and stared eating.

"Have Blue already left, is it not a bit early" he thought for himself.

He was just done with his breakfast when he heard somepony knock on the door. He sat quiet for a breif moment. It keept knocking and Nightfall's horn started glowing. The door flyed up and there stood Octavia. She gave him a smile and walked in without saying anything. Nightfall closed the door.

"What the hay is Octavia doing here" he wondered.

He was happy, ofcourse, it was long ago he saw her but still it felt a bit awkward. The grey mare sat down infornt of the white satllion and watched him in his eyes. Nighfall blushed a little. Even if he had Blue Light, the pony that he loved the most in the whole world, Octavia was damn hot.

"Hello Nighfall, it was long ago we... Well, saw each other"

He stared down on floor. He could not help it but he was very shy, regardless how good friends they where.

"Oh, yes it was. What brings you here?"

He still gazed down in the floor. But then he heard Octavia giggle a little. He had to look up. She was often very strict and serious but but when she laughed she was one of the sweetest beings in all of Equestria.

"Don't be so shy, we aren't strangers are we?" Octavia smiled at him.

It felt better now. He gave a light laugh and then walked over the the couch and she followed. They sat down next to each other and Nightfall turned on a littlle TV they had. We watched on a broadcast for a couple of minutes and then Octavia asked:

"How have you been doing lately, are you still together with the pegasus pony? Her name was Blue Light, correct?"

"Yes. She's working right now, you now many things to do before winter." He smiled at her.

This remined him old times. It made him really happy. And without of thinking of it he almost jumped on her and gave her a huge hug. She started yelling at him but he just held her.

"Okay, I've missed you too boy but you're ruining my mane!" Even though she sounded a bit irretated, alomost like Rarity could do sometimes, she huged him back. The stallion sat back and gave her a big smile.

"We should do something, you know catch up some time" Nighfall said with a huge smile on his face.

"Yes, I agree" Said the gray mare.

And that was be something that Nightfall will regret later on...

Author's Note:

This is the first chapter of my little novel. Even though I wrote this in a rush I think it become quite decent. Hope everypony liked it and feel free to share your thoughts ^^. And I wrote this chapter in 3:ed person but in the future I probably write 1:st person, as Nightfall. ^-^

Comments ( 3 )

Few spelling mistakes here and there, such as "trouble" and "astronomy", but this looks promising. Look forward to the next chapter.

6013320 Thanks. I'm from Sweden and it's can be hard to spell right all the time. But thanks for the feedback ^^

Cool story :) Keep on!

Login or register to comment