• Published 21st May 2015
  • 210 Views, 0 Comments

From the Desk of Note Book - SummerBreaze



A pegasus moves to ponyville hoping to make a living in writing.

  • ...
 0
 210

Chapter 1: Welcome to Ponyville!

She pressed her hoof against her cheek as she gazed out the window with boredom. It had been a long train ride. Seven hours, to be exact. She glanced at the clock beside the door and groaned quietly. She still had an hour left of this awful train ride. She gazed outside and let out a heavy, tired sigh. She hadn't gotten any sleep, the family behind had fillies who wouldn't stop whining, the train itself smelled like rotten milk, and was at some times very hot, and other times very cold. Everything Note Book couldn't stand packed into one small and cramped box on wheels.

"After this, I never want to see a fu-freaking train again." She growled as the filly behind kicked her seat again. She laid her head down against her suitcase and groaned for the third time as her seat jerked forward again. And again. And again. After a second or two of eye-twitching and controlling an unholy amount of anger, she turned in her seat and glared at the younger pony before her.

"STOP." She shouted at the colt and his sister who immediately stopped laughing, and looked back in horror at the angry mare before them.

Their mother put her white hoof in front of the two and glared back at her. "Hey, you can't talk my children like that!"

"I wouldn't have to yell at them if you stopped them the first time I asked! You know, TWO HOURS AGO?" She snarled.

"Do you wanna go?!"

"Oh, We're already there you-"

"Um, madams?"

"WHAT?!" They both yelled at the stallion before them, before stopping and realizing it was the train conductor.

He narrowed his eyes at them. "The other passengers would appreciate it if you two could remain silent until we make it to Ponyville." The two glanced around to see other ponies glaring at them.

The mother shot a look at Note Book before huffing. "Very well."

Note Book turned back around. "Fine...freaking whore."

"Good to know we straightened that out." The conductor said, trotting off.

Note Book didn't feel the seat jerk anymore, but that didn't make the ride more pleasant. She looked at the clock again. Fifty minutes...she could make that. She leaned her head back against the window. She was going to get some sleep, even if it killed her. She closed her eyes, and began to doze.


Then the filly kicked her seat again.


~~~~~

An hour passed before the train whistle blew, meaning they had arrived. Note Book didn't hesiate to gallop out of the train as fast as possible. She looked back at the train and grinned before looking around at the large town before her, her grin fading. Wow, for a small town, ponyville is huge...I mean, come on! There's a giant freaking castle in the middle of the place! She thought nervously in her head.
She let out a sigh as she began to count her bits...2000. Enough to afford a house, but that was about it. She probably wouldn't even have enough to eat! Don't think about it now. All I have to do is buy a house today, and I can get a job tomorrow. Now, who do I speak to about buying a house? She looked around. The castle was a good start, or maybe town hall.

"Wait, why do they need a town hall if there's a castle?" She mumbled quietly before picking up her bags and beginning to trot towards the town.

The town was large, but it couldn't be any bigger than her old town. It was probably smaller. It made her feel a bit better about moving here. It didn't feel like she had been dropped off at another planet entirely anymore. She trotted around for a bit, her bag getting heavier by the minute.

"Wish I was an alicorn...then I have the strength of an earth pony along with a freaking horn to use magic. AND they can fly." She growled irritably as she pulled over to the side of the road to rest her back and wings. As she was strectching them out, a filly with a bucket of abbles ran up to her.

"Hi miss! Wanna buy some apples?" She asked in a thick southern accent.

She gave a small sigh. "Oh sweetie, I'm sorry I don't have enough money right now! I'll come back when I do though, ok?" She said with a sad smile, ignoring her rumbling stomach.

"Apple Bloom, why don't you give some apples to the cakes over here?" Another pony said walking up to them.

"Okie dokie!" Apple Bloom said, trotting off.

Note Book smiled gratefully. "Thanks." She said

"Don't mention it. Y'all knew here? You know, 'cause you have all those bags." The orange mare said, tipping her hat.

"Oh, uh, yeah. Just got off the train, actually." Note Book answered.

"Well, then you must be starvin'!" She said, packing apples into a sack. "Here. Take these, free of charge. Consider it a welcome gift from Sweet Apple Acres!" She said, helping her place the sack into her saddle bags.

"Thank you so much, miss...?"

"AppleJack. And you are?"

"My name is Note Book." The pegasus said, tipping her head a bit. "Pleased to meet you."

AppleJack laughed at the politeness, making Note Book frown a bit. "No need for that formality! You must be from Canterlot or something!"

Note Book smiled and chuckled a bit. "Nah, I'm from Uptown Manehatten."

AppleJack smiled. "Figures."

Note Book smiled before frowning. "Um, where do I purchase a house?"

The earth pony scratched her chin in thought. "I assume it would be Twilight's castle over yonder. Even if it isn't, she'll probably allow you to keep your bags there until you find a place to stay. Walkin' isn't necessarily ideal for a pegasus, is it?" She laughed, pointing at the large castle.

"No it isn't." She laughed before gathering up her bags again. "Thanks for everything, AppleJack."

"No problem! Y'all come back now, ya hear? We always love seein' new faces in Ponyville!" Apple jack said, waving goodbye as Note Book began to trudge to the large crystal castle.

"Celestia, I hope everyone here is as nice as her." Note Book whispered as the castle came further into view.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment