• Published 17th May 2012
  • 2,768 Views, 17 Comments

My Little Amnesia - donceluzza



A pony wakes up in a room not knowing how she got there. What follows is what happens after.

  • ...
0
 17
 2,768

Chapter 5

I killed her.

The words still rung through my head. I couldn’t comprehend it. I didn’t want to.

That dream I had must have been true as well… no, not “dream”…“memory”, I correct myself.

It was a memory. My memories were coming back, and now I was starting to regret it. I wanted to remain in the dark if the light was what I saw.

I prop myself up, my knees feeling like jelly. Hell, my entire body feels like jelly. Even if she was insane (which she was), I had killed her. I’m on her level: insane. It’s almost like I belong here…

I smack myself across the face. No, I need to get out of here, and this place is starting to make me just as insane as these crazy mares. I stand up I run my hoof through my mane, my hoof is shaking, I can barely breathe properly. If I am a killer I’m not very good at it.

I step outside the photography shop and into the central plaza, pausing for a moment; Pinkie Pie must still be out here, I realize. I need to blend in.

I call upon the memory of me killing that stallion in that club; blending in, during my memory of the bar, was surprisingly simple, as I remember it. I just sat down and had a drink while I scoped out my target. However, the bar was quite full, and where I am now there is no crowd.

I’m alone, and I’m the target.

I look around and realize that the buildings are probably the best cover I’m going to end up having: I can duck in and out of the buildings to hide from Pinkie and gather supplies. I see that the door directly adjacent to my current location is a convenience store. I take one last look and bolt for that door, the few feet between it and me feel like miles as I finally reach the door and duck inside.

I pin myself up against the door as it closes and look to either side of me. No pony is going to get the drop on me this time; I’ve had it up to here with getting knocked unconscious. I look around for a light switch and see nothing. Of course I see nothing. It’s darker than Luna’s eternal night. I try my magic which starts to work, albeit requiring a lot more energy than normal. That stuff Pinkie gave me sure did last long.

I find a small lantern and make a small light orb to put in it. I look around the now nicely lit room and I see all kinds of things. Pens and quills lay on a nearby desk, curtains and drapes decorated the walls, while candies and confectionaries of all kinds where scattered around the room. The people of this place must have had to work for money that they could then use in places like this. Just like normal society, Twilight had said before. I looked around and found a box filled with papers. What made this box stick out is the name on one of the pages: Rainbow Dash. The crazy pony (hell, everypony here was crazy) that had chased me before.

I walked over to the box and checked it out for any kind of info on the other ponies I had encountered. I found a page on this Photo Finish, and another on Pinkie Pie. A few other scattered names caught my eye but I started with the one on Photo Finish. My victim.

Patient Report: Photo Finish
Symptoms: Obsessive behavior, tendencies towards violence, disregard for life.

Photo Finish appears to be suffering from a violent obsession, possibly stemming from the Fluttershy incident a few years back.

She continues to remark in her sleep about capturing ‘the magic’, possibly referring to her photography career, however, it could also be something completely different.

I started allowing her to work in the Photography house we set up in the central plaza. There, she would take pictures of various ponies and they could use these pictures as postcards to send to their loved ones or simply as prints to send out to show they are still healthy. Perhaps there would be a lucrative market in using the inmates as fashion models of a sort?

Well I suppose it’s relatively unimportant as her first day on the job she managed to scare the wits out of somepony who she considered ‘the opposite of graceful’ to paraphrase, kind of hard to do when the person in question is pretty crazy himself.

Anyway, after we thought she had calmed down we let her back to it. I didn’t foresee any issues and for a while there weren’t any. She then started offering bits or food to the other inmates as a bribe to get them to model for her. Again, not a real problem. Spike said that it was unethical since we hadn’t authorized it, and wouldn’t authorize it, but it seemed like she genuinely wanted to get better, and go back to working on the runway.

Then one of the other inmates, a stallion by the name of Mr. Wiggins, turned up dead in a dumpster and of course the first course of action was arresting Photo Finish as he had been hired by her. She admitted to killing him immediately requiring no coaxing from us. She’ll be kept under heavy secure lockdown for now, although she keeps saying that someday she’ll go back. I’m doubtful if her attitude towards getting better includes murder. Although the plan to make models out of the inmates could still work… if only more model photographers went crazy.

Notes of attending Psychologist and Warden
Twilight Sparkle

I’m starting to get the feeling that trusting Twilight Sparkle was a bad idea. She seemed so distant in this report, thinking less about the murder but that something went wrong with her system. Celestia knows if I’m over thinking this. She’s probably as crazy as her damn ‘patients’; hell most of them seem to have been her friends.

This is like a child’s game of doctor gone horribly wrong.

I set the paper to the side, since Photo Finish was killed, by me, I don’t really need to study up on her, I turned my focus to the next piece of paper which contained a name I was all too familiar with: Rainbow Dash. I hadn’t forgotten her trying to kill me. I need to figure out what I can do to help, or at least avoid, that crazed mare.

Patient Report: Rainbow Dash
Tendency to lash out at authority figures, physical deformity: burned eyes

Poor Rainbow Dash doesn’t seem to like it here. It’s sad really; she should know I’m just here to help her get better. Today I went to visit her personally. Does she think that I give personal visits often? NO. I made a special exception because it was one of my dearest friends. How does she repay me? Kicks me in the face and bites me. Bites me. Celestia, all I wanted to do was help, but she just screamed something about wanting to fly. Sorry Dashie, but you’re blind, I explain to her. I can’t let a blind Pegasus out of their harness. If I did that, I would be completely insane now wouldn’t I…

The rest of the document is unreadable. Looks like ink was spilled on it.

Well, that explains why she attacked me. If she would hurt one of her friends like that, what’s to stop her from attacking me?

But she couldn’t have always been like that, right? Those were burn marks. She lost her sight. So what could have caused that?

I look through the box with renewed vigor, if I could figure out what happened then I can try to help her. I find a few documents scattered here and there that don’t have much relevance to what I searching for… let’s see… Applejack…Derpy Hooves…no…Rarity…Lyra Heartstrings…ah, here it is it…

Patient medical report: Rainbow Dash
Pyrotechnics accident resulting in burnt eyes and loss of vision

Patient Rainbow Dash suffered horrible burns across her eyes as the result of a pyrotechnics accident at the Wonderbolts most recent show in Canterlot.

The victim claims to have been trying to impress the Wonderbolts but accidently flew by as a firework was being shot off blinding her, causing her to fall into the pit where the fireworks were being shot off from.

The victims life post-hospitalization was relatively normal until she attempted to beat a pony to death for insulting her flying skills now that she couldn’t see. It was insisted upon that she retire as head of the weather patrol in Ponyville but she refused eventually culminating in her being committed to Ponyville Asylum.

Miss Dash has been showing signs of increased paranoia that the orderlies have some kind of agenda against her, most likely comparing us to the ponies who tried to get her to retire. Due to her lack of sight Warden Sparkle has issued a vest to be put on her at all times when the orderlies aren’t around so she can’t hurt anypony. This proved unwise as she continued to assault the orderlies and even Warden Sparkle herself claiming it to be a conspiracy against her.

I suddenly felt kind of bad for the poor cyan Pegasus. All she just wanted to continue life as normal despite her accident. But she did try to kill somepony and me. I decided to take one last look through the pile and see if I could find anything on Pinkie Pie.

After a laborious amount of searching I finally come across a bunch of papers stapled together that have Pinkie’s name on them. I hover them in the air with my magic (nice to know that its working again) and try to read the first page.

Ok…obsessed with parties, paranoid about losing her friends, possibly insane…all of this is stuff I already figured out and don’t need to have repeated. What I need is useful info. What are her talents? What are the things I have to watch out for when confronting her? Any weaknesses? Strengths? Loose ends that need tying? Popular hang-outs? Any place where she can be found alone?

What am I thinking! I’m trying to run away! Not kill her…but that would make things easier…if I kill her she can’t hurt me or anyone else, Nurse Redheart is only one victim who knows if she has others…

Stop thinking like that! Being in this place is starting to screw up my way of thinking.

I look to the other pages and see that they’ve all been colored in with pink crayon, she destroyed her own med reports…so: insane, but smart. Not a good combo…

A noise sounds outside the store and a pink pony trots in carrying a cupcake in one hoof.

Found you!” she says in a sing song voice.

Without hesitating I run barreling through the door. I wasn’t about to become somepony’s eternal playmate today.

I dash between the stores and try to maneuver around to slow down the pink earth pony.

Pinkie appears in front of me as if from nothing.

Howdy!!

I skid and bolt in the opposite direction. I have to get out of here, I think frantically. I see a small place that looks like a dentist’s office. I decide to run and hide in there.

The room is dark. The lights must have stopped working a while ago with nopony to maintain the place. I run past a few doors and find myself at what must be the central office. I collapse on the floor completely out of breath.

I have to find a way out of this place.

My attention is drawn to a cellar door peeking its way out of the edge of the carpeting. I scoot the carpet to the side and let out a sigh. What new horrors await me below Door Number One. Hearing a bouncing off in the distance, I decide Door Number One it is. I open the trapdoor and try to close it as gently as possible while also trying to make the carpet cover it again. When I’m certain that I can’t be followed I close the trapdoor, a humming noise above distracts me from going down.

Cupcakes, cupcakes, cupcakes, cupcakes, cupcakes, cupcakes, cupcakes, cupcakes… Cupcakes

The singing freezes me in place. If she decides to look under the carpet, I’m done for.

I look down to see if I could jump and get a running start. No such luck. It’s way too dark to see the ground from where I am, and the last thing I need is a sprained fetlock.

Dammit. I’m about to be killed by a pink pony who seems to want to make other ponies smile. The irony.

But then the humming stops. The sing-song voice dissipates and slowly dies down. I breathe a sigh of relief. Fate must have heard this sigh of relief, because moments later, the ladder gives way sending me tumbling downwards. Mid-flight (or is that free-fall?) I try to slow or stop my descent by grabbing onto steps of the ladder, which also breaks off. Finally I hit the ground and fall unconscious.

------------

I awaken to the worst throbbing headache I’ve ever suffered. I can feel a pool of semi-dried blood around my head. I pat it down with my hoof, the wound appears to have sealed leading me to believe that it has been quite some time since I landed. I stand up only to bump my recent wound straight into a lantern. Normally I’d curse, but the fantastic luck of finding a lantern drowned that out somewhat.

I use my magic to create a small sphere of light and place it in the lantern and look around, the first thing that catches my eye are the bodies of two ponies that are laying maybe five feet away from me. One of the ponies, a bright yellow mare with a similar mane, seemed to have been beaten to death Bruising all around her face and upper torso seem to support my theory. The other, a blue unicorn mare with a dentists outfit on which says his name is Colgate…well, I don’t need to theorize about. A large slicing wound across his jugular tells me all I need to know, his throat was slit.

I put out the lantern and collapse from exhaustion. I decide this is as good a place as any to get some sleep. Maybe whoever killed them won’t come back.

Maybe.