• Published 15th May 2015
  • 444 Views, 7 Comments

G 4mat- The Island - AmpUpHeart



The beginning of a potential miniseries. The mane six and the CMC travel to the tropical island of Haywii. The CMC go out to make new friends and spread the club of the Cutie Mark Crusaders. See some G3 characters be "re4matted."

  • ...
 7
 444

Star struck


"Woah," Twilight said as she stepped up to the large doors. The observatory was at least the size of Canterlot castle. The facility was painted silver and blue, and the windows contained prismatic glass, refracting the light into hundreds of rainbows. Large telescopes stretched toward the stars.

"Hello?" Twilight said, knocking on the door.
A bluish-silver bat pony opened up the door. She had a white mane and tail with brown eyes.

"Well, hello there, princess!" She said, "We've been expecting you. My name's Star Beam."

Star led Twilight down a series of hallways, each riddled with drawings and pictures of constellations, galaxies, and nebulae.

A small white filly flew through the hall and crashed into Star.

"Honolulu!" She exclaimed, "What are you doing up at this hour!?"

"I'm trying to be a bat pony like you!" Honolulu replied. Star sighed.

"Besides, I've been learning all I can about the stars. I've been trying to earn my cutie mark!"

Twilight looked at Honolulu's flank, which displayed nothing.

"Listen, Lulu," Star said, "You know that Starcatcher wants you in bed."

"It's alright," another voice said. Twilight turned around to see a pegasus walking towards the trio. The pegasus was white with a pink, white, and blue mane and tail with pale violet eyes.

"Yay! Thank you!" Honolulu exclaimed, flying circles around the older pegasus.

The pegasus then approached Twilight.
"You must be Twilight Sparkle," she said, "I am Starcatcher, head of the observatory. That filly, Honolulu, is my younger sister. Although a lot of ponies just call her Lulu." She then turned to Honolulu. "You can stay up for a few more minutes, but when we walk past your room, you need to go to bed, okay?"

"Okay," Lulu said obediently.

As the foursome kept walking, Starcatcher asked Twilight something interesting, "How did you come to love magic so much?"

"Well," Twilight said, "I was inspired by Princess Celestia when I saw her raising the sun at the Summer Sun Celebration. Ever since, I practiced magic until I was able to qualify for entering a private magic school. I ended up having so large of a magic surge, that Princess Celestia took me under her wing, saying that I had great potential," she then looked at her wings, "Maybe she saw this in me."

"My parents were both Lunar guards," Star said, "Until they were killed in battle when I was just a foal." A tear formed in her eye, "But Starcatcher took me in and I've been tutored by her ever since."

"I consider her as much of my sister as Honolulu," Starcatcher said, "In fact, when I retire, I already know that I'll leave the observatory in her hooves." The ponies passed a series of rooms.

"This is where we live. The observatory is our home!" Honolulu said.

"Now, Lulu," Starcatcher said, "Remember what I told you."

Honolulu gave a huff of frustration, but flew off into one of the rooms.

"Poor thing," Star Beam said, "She's been getting restless because she doesn't have her cutie mark yet."

"You know, Twilight," Starcatcher said, "I bet that Honolulu would make very good friends with the fillies you brought on the island with you."

"I bet you're right," Twilight said.

"But enough about that. We must seize the night while it is at hoof. Come with me." The three ponies then came to a spiraling staircase stretching at least ten stories high.

"It's a long way up," Star said he, "Unless you have wings."

She spread her wings and took off. Twilight followed, then Starcatcher. What Twilight was shocked at was the majesty of Starcatcher, especially her wings. If Twilight hadn't known better, she would've thought that Starcatcher was a princess. Her wings were more than three times the size of a normal pegasus's wings, and they even extended further than Twilight's. Plus, they were white at the base, but faded into a sky blue.

"I know, right?" Star whispered to Twilight after seeing her gawking, "Rumor has it that Starcatcher is the descendant of an alicorn princess."

"Is she?" Twilight said back.

"She won't say," Star answered, "I think that she likes to keep ponies guessing. Kind of like the night sky, if you ask me. Their origins are a mystery. The same dust that makes stars makes up everything, from rocks to the elements of harmony. We're not sure why. Chances are, we're never going to understand. But we keep looking. Out desire to understand leads our research. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if I learned that Starcatcher was born from the stars themselves."

"And speaking of research," Starcatcher said, "We're here." The trio landed on a small platform with a closed door. Star opened the door, revealing a large room under a dome. In the center of the room was a telescope that was at least ten times the size of Pinkie Pie's party cannon. Starcatcher pressed a few buttons, and the ceiling opened up, revealing the array of tiny stars bound to the sky.

"Amazing," Twilight sighed.

"It gets better," Star replied. After dialing a few knobs on the telescope and checking the eyepiece, she looked satisfied.
"Care to take a look?" She asked.

Twilight approached the telescope and looked in.

She gasped. "This is unbelievable!" She was able to look at constellations and planets for hours. And she did, until the stars began to fade.

"Morning," Starcatcher said, "Time to cut our galactic journey short."

"It was already cut short for her," Star said, nodding toward the purple heap snoring on the ground, "Think we should wake her up?"

"Let her sleep," Starcatcher said, "She's going to need her energy today. I want Honolulu to meet those fillies, and Celestia knows what mayhem that may bring."

"You know, isn't a fan of yours moving here today?"

"Yes. And she has a younger sister that is also a blank flank. If they're anything like little Lulu, I worry about them."

"Why?"

Starcatcher paused, and said, "It's nothing. I'm probably getting ahead of myself."

Star Beam looked at her questioningly.

'I'd expect nothing less of her,' she thought, 'That's who she is: a living enigma. That's how I've always known her. Not to mention that she has close ties with one of the wisest ponies I've ever heard of. I'll just see where this takes us...'

Author's Note:

Starcatcher is best G3 pony. Who's your favorite?
(I see why ChoralFlourish likes Kimono the best though. Keep that in mind....)