• Published 6th May 2015
  • 1,215 Views, 28 Comments

Sky's Changing Secret - Sky Sprinter



Sky Sprinter seems like a normal pony, it helps that his whole life has been spent in Equestria. But events like the Canterlot Invasion and Tirek have forced a secret of his to come out, and discovery brings consequences for those with secrets.

  • ...
8
 28
 1,215

Are you my mommy?

Outside the Crystal Castle, 6 hours after Sky’s arrival at Carousel Boutique
“I really need to ask Twilight if she can annul the anti-shapeshifting rule, I never knew how much I’d miss the ability prior to all of this. Crazy, isn’t it, Spike?” Sky said to the barely listening baby-dragon.

“Do you think she paid more attention to you or to me, Sky?” Spike asked, ignoring Sky’s question.

After pushing open the door of the castle so that he and Spike could enter, Sky answered, “Outside of the attention she needed to pay to me with the whole dress thing, definitely you.” Sky rolled his eyes at Spike’s worry.

“You sure? She seemed pretty focused on you that whole time,” Spike asked worriedly.

“Spike, bro, trust me, I could sense her feelings, she has a spark of that romantic love for you, you just need to give her some time, besides, once you’ve grown some and she’s ready to think about you in that way, you’ll be able to sweep her off her hooves. Trust me, she’s all yours, I’m not gonna mess with your whole thing with her,” Sky said trying to assure Spike that he had no thoughts of going after her.

“Alright,” Spike sighed.

“Besides, I doubt she’d go for me, I’m little more to her than friend/best-manikin-she’s-ever-had,” Sky stated. He didn’t mention that he doubted that Rarity would go for a changeling, what with the average pony’s view more than likely negative towards a changeling; their views on a pony-changeling relationship, one in which the pony knew that his/her partner was a changeling, would be like the tribal days when interracial relationships were taboo.

The pair split up in the map room as Spike went to his own room and Sky sat in Rainbow Dash’s chair and he looked at the map. The cutie marks of the Elements of Harmony were all congregated in Ponyville, except Applejack’s in Sweet Apple Acres. Sky knew he should probably be searching for Twilight, but his inner foal made him fly on top of the map and systematically put his hooves down on every major city in Equestria. Manehatten was smooshed, Fillydelphia was smashed, Los Pegasus got a sweep of the tail, and Canterlot got rolled upon. Right as Sky was about to step on Stalliongrad, he heard the sound of a pony clearing her throat.

“I see you’re having fun with having your way with Equestria,” Twilight said amused.

“We all have an inner foal, right?” Sky sheepishly said as he lifted off from the map and then landed on the ground.

“And yours definitely loves to smash stuff,” Twilight said.

“Heh, yeah,” Sky said embarrassed, “How much of that did you see?”

“Ever since you sat upon Salt Lick City,” Twilight replied.

“Oh,” Sky said knowing that was the third of twenty things he did on the map.

“Now come on, we need to get to the basement; I have a very special guest for you, Sky,” Twilight said with a smile.

“Buddhay? Allahay? Ahura Mane?” Sky jokingly asked.

“Nope, somepony much closer than those three,” Twilight said rolling her eyes.

“Somepony closer than the former dominant Eastern god? Than the former dominant god of Saddle Arabia? And the former God of Purrsia?” Sky asked in mock shock.

“Yes, Sky. I think you might know her,” Twilight said as they reached the door to the basement.

“Who?” Sky asked as they entered the basement.

“How about you take a look?” Twilight said motioning towards a smiling changeling with the light blue eyes and carapace of a Changeling born under the influence of Queen Chrysalis’s hive. Sky hadn’t seen this changeling in her natural form in quite a long time, but he could still recognize the loving eyes, the arms that held him as a small foal, the motherly smile, and if that didn’t give her away, then the pattern of the holes in her hooves gave her away.

“Hello, Sky, why don’t you give your mother a hug, hmm?” Sky’s mother said.

A thud was heard as Sky fainted.

10 minutes later
“I think he’s waking up,” Sky heard Twilight’s voice say.

“Oh thank Celestia,” Sky’s mother said.

Wait! Mom!? Sky thought as he suddenly shot up and then fell off of the table he was laying on.

“Sky, are you alright?” Sky’s mother asked concerned.

“I’m alright,” Sky said before he asked, “Mom? What are you doing here? In your natural form!?” Sky’s mind was racing, as this was totally unlike his mother! What happened to the caution? What happened to the mother who seemed to sever all ties to her true form? Where was the over-protectiveness and aversion to any suggestion of the use of shape-shifting?

“Sometimes a pony doesn’t follow what she preaches,” His mother replied.

“What!?” Sky asked incredulous.

“What I’ve been telling you all this time was meant for you to follow so you couldn’t get yourself into trouble. I guess the Goddess didn’t quite favor that line of thinking,” His mother said amused.

All of this was very hard for Sky to process, his mother had, after teaching him all he knew about their kind, basically forsaken her changeling form. It was only when the Talk came around that she had actually spoken about their true form again.

“Sky, I asked your mother to come over here, that’s what that letter I told Spike to send.

“Don’t those only go to Princess Celestia? Sky asked.

“Well, her and Luna, if directed. But the letter to Celestia was a request for a royal summons for your mother to my castle,” Twilight answered.

“Couldn’t you just issue one yourself?” Sky asked.

“Um… actually that’s actually what Celestia told me after she issued the summons,” Twilight answered blushing in embarrassment.

“And here I was, at home on my day off from the sweets shop when suddenly I hear a royal guard-pony yell out that I am summoned to the Crystal Castle of the Princess of Friendship. When I got here, I’m introduced to the Princess here by a cute baby-dragon and she proceeds to try to break to me gently that my son has been discovered,” Sky’s mother said explaining how she got there obviously not happy with how she learnt of her son being found out.

“To say she was worried would be an understatement, but eventually I was able to calm her down and I got to talking to her. She had some interesting stories to tell about you Sky,” Twilight said about his mother’s briefing. “How you managed to get yourself stuck in cloud-stairs, I’ll never know.” Twilight grinned.

“Mom! I thought we agreed on never telling that story ever again?” Sky said shocked to his mother.

“And I thought we agreed that your moving to Ponyville would ensure your safety and independence,” his mother said smugly.

“If it wasn’t for that magic-stealing demi-god, I would have never gotten discovered,” Sky argued.

“Perhaps... perhaps,” His mother smiled.

“I refrained from asking your mother questions for the book until you got here, but your mother had some interesting questions though,,” Twilight said as she levitated some chairs for the three to sit upon.

“Sky, if I knew that you were having mare troubles then I could have given you pointers on what a mare looks for,” Sky’s mother said suddenly.

“Woah, what mare troubles? I’m not looking for a relationship, Mom! I’m not really interested in that kind of relationship with a mare, at the moment.” Sky said alarmed. He did not want to be having this conversation, especially with Twilight right there!

“Nonsense, my son, you haven’t tasted romantic love yet so you don’t know what you’re missing out on! Oh when your father holds me in his embrace, I truly feel alive and full of energy! It’s the best emotion out there and one can almost call it addictive,” Sky’s mother said closing her eyes relishing in the thoughts of her husband.

Sky desperately tried to keep his mother from embellishing on the story further, as the whole relationship talk would only devolve into her pestering him about whether or not he had a crush, as it did every time that happened whenever he visited his parents. There’s no way I’m gonna tell her about my crush on Rainbow Dash! Twilight’s standing right there!