• Published 27th Apr 2015
  • 418 Views, 9 Comments

Scootaloos New Home - NightmareAngel



Scootaloo has been adopted by a family in Canterlot and is now adjusting to her new life.

  • ...
7
 9
 418

Chapter 3

The train ride to Canterlot was uneventful. Scootaloo stared out of the window for a while before drifting into a deep sleep. She had spent many nights unable to sleep from a mix of nerves and excitement. When she eventually woke up she was laid on a soft sofa and could hear crying from another room.

"Good morning Scootaloo." she heard a male voice say. She rubbed her eyes and looked around the room she was in. On the other side of the room was a tall white stallion with a dark blue mane flecked with white and matching eyes. Her adoptive father, Starry Night. He helps guard the Canterlot Castle at night.

"Good morning father." She smiled.

"Sorry about the crying, Amy is hungry, it'll stop soon." He smiled. Amy, short for Chocolate Amethyst, is the baby of family. Raphael is the second youngest and the only griffon of the family. Next is Scootaloo, followed by Candy Nature and finally is Zee. Her new mother trotted in, Amy in her arm drinking a bottle if milk.

"Good morning Scootaloo." Elise smiled as she walked into the room.

"Good morning mother. Where is everyone?" Just as she said it the door swung open and excited chattering could be heard.

"Is she awake yet?" she heard Candy shout. Raphael skidded into the room.

"She is she is she is!" He squealed. Candy Nature followed him and the two stared at their new sister.

"Would you like to come play outside with us?" Candy asked. Scootaloo looked to Zee who was stood in the doorway. She nodded so Scootaloo followed her siblings out of the house alongside Amy who was walking uncertainly.

"Do you have any new tricks for us?" Raphael asked. Candy thought for a moment before nodding. She stood on top of a box and begun to talk in a loud voice.

"And today, I will be tightrope walking!" She yelled. Scootaloo, Raphael and Amy clapped and she tied a rope around a tree trunk and a fence. She carefully walked across the rope, wobbling slightly and falling in the middle. Scootaloo rushed forward to help her but Candy shrugged her off and stood up before trying again. This time she made it all the way across and bowed as her three younger siblings clapped again. She walked backwards and forward again, doing a few 'tricks' in the middle of the rope. Suddenly a bright flash knocked her off the rope.

"Time to come back inside kids!" Elise chirped from inside and rain began to fall on top of their heads.

"Come on Scootaloo, we have a glass roof so we can watch thunderstorms from the attic." Raphael told her. They all grabbed blankets and popcorn and settled down in the attic to watch as the lightning flashed overhead.