• Published 24th Apr 2015
  • 562 Views, 16 Comments

Journey to North Star - Cool writer



A Human and his new tribe of Thestrals are on a pilgrimage for a new home.

  • ...
15
 16
 562

5, Questions

Author's Note:

As of know, "bat-ponies" are thestrals.

Alex had been filled in on everything the Lunar Republic knew about humans... and had to constantly correct the misinformed ponies. The strange thing was, ponies thought humans were extinct for thousands of years. Luna had also explained that she was using a lie detector spell on Alex when she questioned him, wich also explained to Alex her facial expressions.

"So what is the Lunar Republic exactially?" Alex asked.

"Tis my kingdom, for those who are unhappy under my sister's rule," Luna explained.

"So, all this ki- foals," Alex corrected himself. "Are, what, your subjects?" Luna smiled.

"They are, my children of the night," Luna replied mischievously. Alex turned to Stella, who bared her bat fangs in a smile. Alex shivered, part from cold, and part from looking at a fanged bat-pony.

"Were they born Thestrals?" Alex asked, gesturing to the out-and-about bat ponies.

"We were actually born pegasi," Stella said to Alex. "But Luna turned us this way when we joined the republic." Alex was very inquisitive, and he decided to stop probing this new world and to start probing the ponies in it.

"Ok, now onto questions about you two." Alex began. He gestured to Stella and Luna, saying "What's your dynamic? Are you mother and daughter or something?" Luna laughed, shaking her head. Stella grinned.

"Do I look like an alicorn to you?" Stella asked, giggling.

"Kinda." Alex Joked. Alex looked at her for a moment. "How old are you? If you don't mind me asking." He asked trying to determine her age. He didn't have a reference for pony age to scale her to.

"I'm... 19," Stella said taking a brief moment think about it. "Will be 20 next month."

"Wow, I'm 18." Alex responded. They both looked at Luna.

"I've forgotten exactally how old I am," Luna said, tapping her chin with a hoof. "But it's somewhere over 3 thousand, give or take a thousand." Alex dropped a jaw.

"Ponies live for that long?!?" Alex exclaimed. Luna grinned at his awestruck face.

"Just alicorns."


"So why doesn't Luna stay here again?" Alex asked, filling a pail with water from the nearby river. Seeing as Alex was stuck in the Lunar Republic indefinitely, he had decided to pitch in, and do some chores around the camp.

"It's because she has to go to Canterlot to make sure nopony knows she leaves," Stella (who had chosen to accompany Alex to his chore) explained. Alex, being inquisitive and questioning, needed to ask another question.

"Why does she need to make sure nobody-" Alex was interrupted.

"Nopony." Stella corrected. Alex shook his head and continued.

"-Knows she leaves?" Stella grinned at this.

"That's the best part!" Stella started. Alex pulled his pail from the river. He turned around to see Stella hovering inches from his face. He leapt back in surprise, and one foot ended in the shallow end of the river.
"Nopony knows we exist! We're one big secret city!" Stella cried in a whispery voice. Alex smiled at her childish excitement and innocence.

"Not much of a city yet, is it?" Alex commented, looked at the small cluster of tents, teepees, and sleeping bags around a handful campfires. Alex looked up at the night sky and yawned. It was hard to believe that, only a few short hours ago, he had been in new york city. His family would probably worry about him, Alex thought. He frowned and shoved the thought out of his mind. Alex re-dipped the bucket in the river, filling it up, and started to walk back to the camp.


"So you don't just look like bats, you act a bit like bats too." Alex said. It was reaching the end of the night, and the Thestrals were going to bed.

"Petty much," Stella said.

"Only we don't eat bugs," Nocturn added. Stella yawned.

"If you're gonna hang with us every night, then get as much sleep during the day as possible," Stella advised, grabbing the sleep mask from her tent. "You can sleep in here, I always sleep on clouds anyway." Stella groggily pointed to her tent. With that, Stella waved "goodbye" and flew off to find a comfortable cloud to sleep on. Alex looked turned to say something to Nocturn, but she had already walked off. So, Alex decided to go to sleep.