• Published 27th May 2015
  • 736 Views, 8 Comments

My Demise - That Pony Writer



Friendship can't solve everything. There. I said it. I, Rainbow Dash, admitted it. Loyal to the bitter end.

  • ...
2
 8
 736

Rainbow Dash's Knowing

I've always had this feeling. No. Feeling is the wrong word. It's more like I just... knew. I knew that out of all of us, I would be the first to die. Loyalty would be my downfall.

Did I try to change this? Change myself to change my fate, my destiny? No. There is no way I could do that. I am loyalty. There is no changing that.

Along with this knowing, I could sense I wouldn't directly die. No, someone else, Celestia knows who, would be in peril first. One of my friends would be on the brink of death, and I would save them. Pushing myself over the edge in the process.

I never wanted to believe this. There was that tiny hope that something would change this. But the closer we grew, the more danger enveloped us. One day, it would finally overpower us. Friendship can't solve everything. There. I said it.

I, Rainbow Dash, admitted it. Loyal to the bitter end.

I hated “knowing”. Because now, when it came true, what was I suppose to feel? Victorious that I predicted my fate? Mourn for myself? Cry out in despair as this was how I would meet my end all along?

Nah. Instead I took it hero like. Gasping for breaths on the cold, lumpy earth, cries of alarm rising around. I kept my eyes open. I prefer that the sky would remain in my mind this whole painful process.

My friends repeatedly cried out my name, as if I didn't know I was dying. I guess I was cool with this, in a way. But why did it have to hurt so much?

“Rainbow Dash!” Twilight gasped, the first to reach my side. “Rainbow Dash, stay with us! You're going to be alright. You're not going to die!”

I gave out the most weak, pitiful laugh of my entire life. I didn't say it, but I found it funny that she was trying to convince herself more than me. “Relax, Twi. Why do you have to be such a... an Egg Head?” I gasped weakly, feeling like these were pretty cool last words.

“Don't you dare give up on us,” Applejack commanded. “You are not going to die.”

“Ha,” I muttered. “Liar.”

"Rainbow Dash, it's going to be alright!” Fluttershy managed, her voice dangerously high. “We'll get you all bandaged up, and then back to Ponyville hospital. You are going to get through this.”

Before I could reply, Rarity interrupted. “You are not getting away form us,” She commanded firmly, her tears ruining her mascara. “Don't you even think about trying.”

Pinkie Pie was strangely quiet, strangely still. “Dashy... please. Don't die.”

I gave another weak laugh. How was it I accepted my death before them? I guess it was kinda wrong, just giving in without a fight. They wanted me to live. But... what did I want? To die. No. Not at all. Or at least, that should be it. But my mind's so jumbled. At this point... I don't know what to think.

“It's okay, guys,” I mumbled hoarsely, feeling each breath as pure pain from my mouth to my lungs. “I'm cool with this. It's kinda my fate, after all. Being loyalty and such. But it's cool. Please... don't worry about it. I'm... I'm fine dying.” As I said it, it felt like a lie. And I was telling it worse than Applejack.

“Don't.” Twilight commanded. “I don't care what you think. You don't have an opinion in this. You are going to live, that's final!”

“Ha... Miss Bossyhooves.” I whispered.

“Just hold on. We'll get you to a hospital, and then ya'll be alright.” Apple Jack reassured me.

But I didn't answer.

“Hey... Rainbow Dash?” A hint of worry crept into Twilight's voice. “Rainbow?!? Rainbow Dash!!!”

“I...” My friends fell silent, as I managed to talk once more. Somehow, it felt like these would be the last words I'd ever say. “I'm... scared.” Not heroic. Not in the least. No, this was my own way of doing things.

I could tell I'd shocked them, as nopony spoke. But I was telling the truth. I always acted strong, and cocky, and usually those were my real feelings. But sometimes... Sometimes I get so scared I can't breath anymore. I laugh it off with big talk when my friends are around, or if anyone's around for that matter. But when I'm home by myself... I'll spend hours crying.

It got worse after I knew my fate. I wanted this all to change, so I'd cry in response. I'm such a crybaby. More than anyone will ever know. So, what was so wrong about spilling my feelings in my final moment?

I took another shaky breath, glad my friends had given me the spotlight. "I'm scared." I repeated, a little more strongly. “Scared. But glad. I'm glad I have awesome friends like you. Glad I'm not alone. I'm just... glad. So... thank you. Thank you... and sorry. Twi... Rarity... AJ... Fluttershy... Pinkie...” It was a miracle, a blessing. I got to say all I wanted to say. And I felt ready to move on.

Like reading my mind, my vision went, and so did my heart and my lungs. Couldn't breath. Couldn't see. Couldn't hear. Couldn't do anything. I'm happy though. And that happiness, for the first time, fought back the sadness. I hoped my friends won't tell anyone. I wanted to be remembered for being a strong role model, for being cocky and acting big. It took a while to realize it myself, but inside, I'm not even half that.

If someone told me I could say one more sentence, I'd decline. I'm fine. I'm okay. I'm afraid. But I'm happy. I knew this was coming. And I accept it.

Goodbye, my friends. Thanks for being there for me. Maybe we'll meet again some other time. And then we'll chat about our lives like nothing happened. And we'll be together. Just us. Just us under the stars.

I am Rainbow Dash. Bold and boasting on the outside. A pitiful crybaby on the inside. I knew what would kill me. I'm not afraid of it. The end is the end. And I have no regrets. Because I am, in a phrase, loyal to the bitter end.

Author's Note:

By Falcon,
Anyway, to sum this up, when I have a bad day, I kill my little ponies. Nothing murderous about it. This will be a six chapter piece. Just enough to kill EVERYPONY! Please look forward to more.